Author Topic: The Biggest Losers of Trump’s Presidency: His Voters  (Read 35240 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: The Biggest Losers of Trump’s Presidency: His Voters
« Reply #250 on: December 18, 2018, 04:01:21 pm »
I admire her acumen and skill as a forceful advocate for American interests in the U.N.   I think she can expand the coalition that Trump assembled,  by combining Trump's Americanism with class rather than crass.   

But, her beliefs?  Because that's what will be used, should she be elected to anything again.  Not her style or persona, but her beliefs.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #251 on: December 18, 2018, 04:02:12 pm »
Calm yourself down @Axeslinger and reread my post.  The only charade that has been exposed is the political label "conservative".  It is meaningless in today's political world.  It has come to be known as the politics of a group of aging didactic, religious zealots who have no plan for America's future.  And if they could talk a plan into existence, they'd not have the energy or strategic wherewithal to implement it.  So stop whining about someone not being "conservative" enough.  It is meaningless.  And stop whining about not having enough "conservatives" in office.  No one wants them and what they've become.

If you'd move your gaze from your rearview mirror you might be able to see that the awful, dirty "populism" has absorbed the best of conservatism.  The principles Americans voted for were smaller government, beating back deep-state corruption, fair trade, the right to American sovereignty, including the rule of law in immigration; a strong military, constitutionalist judges, the 2nd Amendment, the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

It's not called "conservatism".  It's called Americanism.  America's best principles first.

So move the hell out of the 80's and get on the damn train --- before it backs up and runs over you again.

@roamer_1  too.

Conservatism is adhering to the Constitution and the principles upon which this country was founded.  To deviate from that is why the hell this country is in the position its in.

Americanism is having pride in one's country and doing what's best for her. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #252 on: December 18, 2018, 04:09:22 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia I’ve said it before; it needs be said again. YOU ROCK!

Put this to rest. Donald Trump has not failed his voters, nor will he fail if he continues as he has last three years.

What Trump promised his voters is that if they would elect him, he would work hard to achieve the conservative things he promised in the campaign. And by every objective standard he has worked tirelessly since then on those promises and has accomplished much despite tremendous opposition. I’ve never seen a man of his age work as hard. Compare that to Obama. That slacker never earned one day of his presidential (or senatorial) salary.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And thank you, @aligncare    happy77

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #253 on: December 18, 2018, 04:10:52 pm »
Majority - The greater number.

I thought, in Electoral terms, a Majority means >50%.  Mrs. Clinton did not get >50%.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #254 on: December 18, 2018, 04:13:35 pm »
@Free Vulcan character is what you do when no one is looking.
@txradioguy

I had to belong to a national organization for counselors.  I went to their national conventions to gather hours I had to have to keep my license.  That meant all counselors I knew in my area were also there as they needed those hours.  A number of them changed into people I didn't know.  Some stayed drunk from the time they got there until they left; some of the men were bed hopping and they found women counselors to do that with them.  Their true "character" was showing.

One time a man wanted me to do the bed thing.  I said, "Sure, if you will pay the bills for my son in college, and pay for my present standard of living."  He said, "No, you are too expensive for me."  He left to find someone else.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #255 on: December 18, 2018, 04:13:58 pm »
Indeed y'all are... Compromise and pragmatism is what you are backing. I am backing the very same things I always have, The self same Principles of Conservatism that have always driven me. not a one of which is present in your movement (I chose that last word just for you, in consideration of your last reply).

If you want me off the 'sidelines', then show me Conservatism (which you can't)... And in the mean time, I will fold up my tent, as I have no dog in this hunt, and serve Conservatism else-wise.

This sounds a whole. Lot like another "I Have A Plan" member who couldn't let the cats out of His Plan Bag because I was too stupid to be entrusted with his God Is On My Side pontificating.

And these endless, bloody dog fights of slashing conservatism into two other Bags from Hell called Populism and Nationalism.

Which I don't see fleshed out as more than BAD-isms.

Considering the straits we're all currently in the Ism Schism makes as little sense as getting into an argument in a firefight over whether you need another magazine, clip, or just plain ammo.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 04:14:49 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #256 on: December 18, 2018, 04:15:08 pm »
I thought, in Electoral terms, a Majority means >50%.  Mrs. Clinton did not get >50%.

That's right, but that's not exactly how I used it.  I believe plurality refers to the votes, I was talking about the voters.  Need weigh in on this from someone who speaks in more than just grunts and clicks like I do.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #257 on: December 18, 2018, 04:16:25 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Somewhere I saw the numbers and she did have more votes than he did.  What surprised me was it was the east coast and west coast that got her the larger number of votes.   I'll see if I can find the numbers again.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #258 on: December 18, 2018, 04:20:26 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Somewhere I saw the numbers and she did have more votes than he did.  What surprised me was it was the east coast and west coast that got her the larger number of votes.   I'll see if I can find the numbers again.

She did get more votes than Trump.  The question is, was that a Plurality or a Majority?  I'd like to hear from you on this, because you always do better than the grunts and clicks I also do.... :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #259 on: December 18, 2018, 04:21:07 pm »
She did get more votes than Trump.  The question is, was that a Plurality or a Majority?  I'd like to hear from you on this, because you always do better than the grunts and clicks I also do.... :shrug:

It's a majority of the votes between the two of them. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #260 on: December 18, 2018, 04:21:13 pm »

Considering the straits we're all currently in the Ism Schism makes as little sense as getting into an argument in a firefight over whether you need another magazine, clip, or just plain ammo.

Considering the state we are in, the only remedy is raw, undiluted Conservatism.
Every other thing is doom. and with the current administration, wasting valuable, crucial time... and spending like it's his own money... I guess I'll see you in Venezuela.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 04:22:10 pm by roamer_1 »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #261 on: December 18, 2018, 04:22:19 pm »
OK, I'll bite...which conservative principles are moving forward on the Trump Train? I think you've confused "conservative" with "populist" and/or "nationalist".

It has been a long time since I have seen utter contempt for Conservatism worded this clearly"
Calm yourself down @Axeslinger and reread my post.  The only charade that has been exposed is the political label "conservative".  It is meaningless in today's political world.  It has come to be known as the politics of a group of aging didactic, religious zealots who have no plan for America's future.  And if they could talk a plan into existence, they'd not have the energy or strategic wherewithal to implement it.  So stop whining about someone not being "conservative" enough.  It is meaningless.  And stop whining about not having enough "conservatives" in office.  No one wants them and what they've become.

If we are to take this at face value, then there is an absolute disconnect between voicing such contempt while at the same time arguing that we should all jump on board the Trump train because that is where Conservatism resides.

Clearly, the two statements contradict each other.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #262 on: December 18, 2018, 04:23:13 pm »

technically a plurality, as there were more than two candidates...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #263 on: December 18, 2018, 04:24:18 pm »

Between the two, yes.  But the Election was not between the two of them, it was a list of third-Party candidates too.  That's why there is a distinction between "Majority" and "Plurality."  Maybe it's purely academic, and there's no difference to the distinction?
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #264 on: December 18, 2018, 04:25:08 pm »
It has been a long time since I have seen utter contempt for Conservatism worded this clearly"
If we are to take this at face value, then there is an absolute disconnect between voicing such contempt while at the same time arguing that we should all jump on board the Trump train because that is where Conservatism resides.

Clearly, the two statements contradict each other.

That's a fact.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #265 on: December 18, 2018, 04:27:33 pm »
She did get more votes than Trump.  The question is, was that a Plurality or a Majority?

Hillary did not win a majority of the popular vote.  In the history of our country, there have been only seven Democrats who have.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #266 on: December 18, 2018, 04:31:35 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Trump 46.4% votes

Clinton 48.5% votes

Online Hoodat

« Reply #267 on: December 18, 2018, 04:34:50 pm »
Clinton 48.5% votes

I bet it galls Hillary to no end that she got a higher percentage of the popular vote than did her husband.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #269 on: December 18, 2018, 04:48:42 pm »
I bet it galls Hillary to no end that she got a higher percentage of the popular vote than did her husband.

And still lost!  :happyhappy:
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #270 on: December 18, 2018, 04:49:45 pm »
Thanks, @Victoria33@jmyrlefuller is correct:

http://www.ontheissues.org/AskMe/plurality.htm

Not correct with respect to how I worded my sentence that he was correcting.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #271 on: December 18, 2018, 04:50:26 pm »
Considering the state we are in, the only remedy is raw, undiluted Conservatism.
Every other thing is doom. and with the current administration, wasting valuable, crucial time... and spending like it's his own money... I guess I'll see you in Venezuela.

@roamer_1, even strict, raw conservatism won't work now, because at least half of the population doesn't understand the situation that we are in and will blame conservatism.   We will have to experience the consequences of actions before those people even begin to understand what has been wrought.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #272 on: December 18, 2018, 04:55:16 pm »
Not correct with respect to how I worded my sentence that he was correcting.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Far be it for me to ever try to unstick you from a story.  I've seen from my life's experience that never ends well... :laugh:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #273 on: December 18, 2018, 04:56:56 pm »
@roamer_1, even strict, raw conservatism won't work now, because at least half of the population doesn't understand the situation that we are in and will blame conservatism.   We will have to experience the consequences of actions before those people even begin to understand what has been wrought.

My advice:  Better stock up on toilet paper, dogs and cats.  And Zoo animals. :2popcorn:
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #274 on: December 18, 2018, 04:58:46 pm »
Far be it for me to ever try to unstick you from a story.  I've seen from my life's experience that never ends well... :laugh:

:laugh: