Author Topic: The Biggest Losers of Trump’s Presidency: His Voters  (Read 35142 times)

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Re: The Biggest Losers of Trump’s Presidency: His Voters
« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2018, 12:07:54 am »
He's the President of the United States...supposedly the most powerful position on the planet...he has the ability...should he choose to call the Speaker and the Majority leader into his office and tell them to get his damn agenda passed.

But time and again on key issues he either punts or gets people like you to try to convince us that a half measure is really better than what he promised originally...or as you so lamely stated just now...blame others for his inactivity.  Your pathetic "both parties have conspired" line.

He's more interested in Twitter and using it to belittle and bully people instead of using the bully pulpit of his office to make the changes necessary...the changes he said he would make "day one in office".

There's been a few little victories...but on the major issues...the things that got him elected...people are still waiting on him to do something.

And that time for him to get those things done so he can go to the American people and say "I told you I would do it and I did...this is why you should re-elect me"...comes to an end next month.

Maybe I'm wrong...maybe he's a better counter puncher and prefers the underdog role and once Pelosi is trying to give us Obama's America v.2 he WILL call in McConnell and McCarthy and work out a strategy to get things done despite opposition in the House.

But he's given little indication he's making adjustments to his strategy going forward after losing the House.

And the leadership has every right to tell him to pound sand, because it's Congress who sets the agenda (or fails to), and it's POTUS' job to execute what he's given or veto.

One of the best things I can say about trump's presidency is that he hasn't been pushing the executive branch as supreme.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2018, 12:14:01 am »
@roamer_1

Yeah,because the survival of America as an independent nation is all about YOU,right?

Yup.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2018, 12:17:18 am »
Of course it isn't all hat, no cattle.  Of course it isn't boasting about moral superiority.  Of course it isn't doing nothing to stop what's going on.

Of course it isn't a stained-glass poseur.

But you knew that.

So why did you ask?  :shrug:

Because I was wondering if you do. Tick-tock, we have run out of time to fix this country. We do it now or it falls.

On that note, I see one individual wanting to do the things to fix it, including calling in the Dem leadership and being forceful about the wall among other things.

The only person.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2018, 12:18:53 am »
No kidding. But that is not a reason to follow a liberal lout from NYC.

Duncan Hunter Sr comes to mind... No one can accuse him of being other than a gentleman in his posture, and no one can question his Conservative bona fides. He spent a lifetime working for Conservatives... And somehow never had to be a blustering idiot in order to get things done.

A lot of people accuse the Conservatives here for the Bushes and for McAin't and Romney - Saying that is what we prefer to their idiot king. That has never been the case.

If Republicans were lifting up the likes of Duncan Hunter, I would still be a Republican.

I hear you, but what did he achieve?
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2018, 12:25:41 am »
I hear you, but what did he achieve?

Look at his record... I am surprised I even need to say that out loud...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2018, 12:27:38 am »
Because I was wondering if you do. Tick-tock, we have run out of time to fix this country. We do it now or it falls.

On that note, I see one individual wanting to do the things to fix it, including calling in the Dem leadership and being forceful about the wall among other things.

The only person.

If you knew a single thing about me, then you knew I knew.

But we don't "fix the country" by relying on a narcissist who doesn't even know what the country is about because he, according to his own words, "doesn't read."

I agree that time is running out........ or perhaps am more pessimistic in believing it has already run out.  But we took the test in 2016 and failed because we turned to a liberal populist to solve the problems we only had because we abandoned Conservatism.

I believe the only way this country can be saved is through another Great Awakening and a recognition that the nation's survival is dependent on a return to First Principles.

It is certainly not being saved by a guy who knows nothing about anything and only loves himself.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline berdie

« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2018, 12:49:22 am »
No kidding. But that is not a reason to follow a liberal lout from NYC.

Duncan Hunter Sr comes to mind... No one can accuse him of being other than a gentleman in his posture, and no one can question his Conservative bona fides. He spent a lifetime working for Conservatives... And somehow never had to be a blustering idiot in order to get things done.

A lot of people accuse the Conservatives here for the Bushes and for McAin't and Romney - Saying that is what we prefer to their idiot king. That has never been the case.

If Republicans were lifting up the likes of Duncan Hunter, I would still be a Republican.

We could be a crowd of two...because I agree. (I really like DH)

Online DB

« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2018, 12:58:19 am »
McClintock in California is a good example of squandering opportunities and the consequences. McClintock had a proven conservative track record and was a man with a plan when he ran for governor. Gray Davis the then current governor was very unpopular and the chances for a Republican were very good. And then stepped Schwarzenegger. A man everyone knew the name of. Lots of glitter and shine with good one liners - but no depth, no conservative principles. No history of governing anything. Conservative by Hollywood standards only which isn't saying much.

Arnold sucked the life out of McClintock and went on to win the governorship. Arnold went green for his legacy and lost his backbone. He was the last "Republican" governor of California. Why elect and imitation liberal when you can have the real thing with a Democrat. Conservatives were tarnished with Arnold's results.

Trump is just a repeat of that on a national scale. He is likely to cause the same consequences. As long as voters choose flash, zing and one liners over substance based on principles we'll keep getting more of the same while America sinks.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2018, 01:00:11 am »
I'm simply amazed that folks are still arguing the liberal versus conservative crap when talking about President Trump.  The election of 2016 had nothing to do with "conservatism"  .... voters had and have no patience for the nuanced preaching and finger pointing that has come to define modern conservatism.  Sorry guys, but it was not even on the ballot.

The election of 2016 was about America ... it was America versus entrenched corruption and America versus Globalism.

The voters chose America.  And if you'd get past yourselves, you'd see how very conservative the voters are and the President is, to the best of his astonishing ability,  trying to govern.

The 80's are over so stop with the conservative label bullshit already.   If you must rage, rage against the boot on the President's neck. If you can't bring yourselves to do this, then in the name of God, at least stop whining about Donald Trump.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2018, 01:04:51 am »
McClintock in California is a good example of squandering opportunities and the consequences. McClintock had a proven conservative track record and was a man with a plan when he ran for governor. Gray Davis the then current governor was very unpopular and the chances for a Republican were very good. And then stepped Schwarzenegger. A man everyone knew the name of. Lots of glitter and shine with good one liners - but no depth, no conservative principles. No history of governing anything. Conservative by Hollywood standards only which isn't saying much.

Arnold sucked the life out of McClintock and went on to win the governorship. Arnold went green for his legacy and lost his backbone. He was the last "Republican" governor of California. Why elect and imitation liberal when you can have the real thing with a Democrat. Conservatives were tarnished with Arnold's results.

Trump is just a repeat of that on a national scale. He is likely to cause the same consequences. As long as voters choose flash, zing and one liners over substance based on principles we'll keep getting more of the same while America sinks.

Sure there may have been a lot of glitz, but after the eight-year reign of terror that was Obastard, people just wanted a fellow who could beat Hillary Clinton. In their view, Shwarzz would have been better than Hillary Clinton.  Sometimes all we can do on this train is just ride it.  I'm not happy, either. 

So far, more good than bad, but the real trial of that is coming us after the end of the month when the Rats run the House.  Trump could go full retard on us.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2018, 01:06:17 am »
The voters chose America. 

They think they did.  May that prove out, please! :0001:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2018, 01:12:05 am »

We did, no question about it.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2018, 01:15:21 am »

@Cyber Liberty

Hell its a victory...at least she’s finally past the charade that he’s a conservative.  Now she’s saying he’s AMERICAN!!!   But, what pray tell does that mean, I wonder, if it’s an America that is not anchored in her founding conservative principles?   Hmmm.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #188 on: December 18, 2018, 01:18:06 am »
The voters chose America.

The voters chose unbridled corruption and the sellout of America.  It was the States that chose America.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #189 on: December 18, 2018, 01:42:43 am »
@Cyber Liberty

Hell its a victory...at least she’s finally past the charade that he’s a conservative.  Now she’s saying he’s AMERICAN!!!   But, what pray tell does that mean, I wonder, if it’s an America that is not anchored in her founding conservative principles?   Hmmm.

Antifa claims to be Americans, too.  It's a term rather sloppily defined.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #190 on: December 18, 2018, 01:56:49 am »
@roamer_1

Yeah,because the survival of America as an independent nation is all about YOU,right?

No. it's all about the principles of Conservatism. Just like always.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #191 on: December 18, 2018, 01:58:59 am »
I agree that time is running out........ or perhaps am more pessimistic in believing it has already run out.  But we took the test in 2016 and failed because we turned to a liberal populist to solve the problems we only had because we abandoned Conservatism.

I believe the only way this country can be saved is through another Great Awakening and a recognition that the nation's survival is dependent on a return to First Principles.

BOOM!
Exactly right.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #192 on: December 18, 2018, 01:59:48 am »

We could be a crowd of two...because I agree. (I really like DH)

Then I am in the BEST of company!
 :beer:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #193 on: December 18, 2018, 02:01:43 am »
Yup.

NOPE. I am no pacifist. And it is you that is ending the war.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #194 on: December 18, 2018, 02:04:10 am »
The election of 2016 had nothing to do with "conservatism" 

Exactly right. So quit trying to pass it off as if it were.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #195 on: December 18, 2018, 02:06:07 am »

YEP
 :beer:

« Reply #196 on: December 18, 2018, 02:07:02 am »
@Cyber Liberty

Calm yourself down @Axeslinger and reread my post.  The only charade that has been exposed is the political label "conservative".  It is meaningless in today's political world.  It has come to be known as the politics of a group of aging didactic, religious zealots who have no plan for America's future.  And if they could talk a plan into existence, they'd not have the energy or strategic wherewithal to implement it.  So stop whining about someone not being "conservative" enough.  It is meaningless.  And stop whining about not having enough "conservatives" in office.  No one wants them and what they've become.

If you'd move your gaze from your rearview mirror you might be able to see that the awful, dirty "populism" has absorbed the best of conservatism.  The principles Americans voted for were smaller government, beating back deep-state corruption, fair trade, the right to American sovereignty, including the rule of law in immigration; a strong military, constitutionalist judges, the 2nd Amendment, the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

It's not called "conservatism".  It's called Americanism.  America's best principles first.

So move the hell out of the 80's and get on the damn train --- before it backs up and runs over you again.

@roamer_1  too.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 02:10:59 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #197 on: December 18, 2018, 02:11:18 am »

The election of 2016 had nothing to do with "conservatism"

Exactly right. So quit trying to pass it off as if it were.

CORRECTAMUNDO!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #198 on: December 18, 2018, 02:13:15 am »
The 80's are over so stop with the conservative label bullshit already.

I guess that explains why you were so quick to defend people like Kushner, Flynn, and Cohen, after the office raid. All three are Democrats.

If you must rage, rage against the boot on the President's neck.

JHC....     *****rollingeyes*****

Are you trying to convince me the NY street fighter has a boot on his neck?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #199 on: December 18, 2018, 02:16:26 am »
If you'd move your gaze from your rearview mirror you might be able to see that the awful, dirty "populism" has absorbed the best of conservatism. 

No, it has not. Call it pragmatism or populism, it is a charade.

The principles Americans voted for were smaller government, beating back deep-state corruption, fair trade, the right to American sovereignty, including the rule of law in immigration; a strong military, constitutionalist judges, the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

No, you voted on a paper mache version thereof, because none of it will happen without the very principles needed to attain those things.

It's not called "conservatism".  It's called Americanism.  America's best principles first.

You can call it anything you like - Just like all the hyphenated 'conservatism' that came before you that spat upon the truth.

So move the hell out of the 80's and get on the damn train --- before it backs up and runs over you again.

Screw your damn train. I know where it's going. The same place populism always goes.