Author Topic: Trump: 'Stop And Frisk' Works, Chicago Should 'Strongly Consider' It  (Read 3006 times)

Offline verga

Re: Trump: 'Stop And Frisk' Works, Chicago Should 'Strongly Consider' It
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2018, 06:50:48 pm »
Only a shrinking minority of us still believe that.

A growing majority think government is the solution to every problem.

Doesn't matter if they call themselves Conservatives, Progressives, Communists or Republicans.  They all think if THEY empower government to solve problems - everything will work better.

And so we have grown accustomed to tyranny and lie to ourselves that we have liberty.
Over generalization is not bolstering  your argument or position. There are only a few lefties on this forum that support the extremes you are suggesting. And for the record i don't see anyone advocating for federal intervention. And frankly some of the suggestions you are proposing will lead to vigilante justice which is just as bad if not worse in the opposite direction.
Believe it or not there are some things the government does well. One of them is defending the populace
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2018, 06:55:36 pm »
Three guys can take over an airplane with box-cutters. With friggin box-cutters.
The answer is so obvious it shouldn't need to be said.

A kid walks into a school and shoots 50 kids down in cold blood.
The answer again is obvious, and the same.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2018, 06:57:49 pm »

Believe it or not there are some things the government does well. One of them is defending the populace

LOL! no, @verga ... just plain wrong.
Police are for body bags. They defend few to none.
Most violent crime is over in minutes, long, long before a cop can respond.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2018, 06:59:55 pm »
Over generalization is not bolstering  your argument or position.

Facts speak plainly.  The reality of this beast of a government and the fact everything it touches turns to shit and tyranny IS the argument.

And frankly some of the suggestions you are proposing will lead to vigilante justice which is just as bad if not worse in the opposite direction.

Same shit the anti-gun Leftists tell us, because they trust government more than they trust the people.

I trust weaponizing the people before I will ever trust handing government that power.

That USED to be the Conservative position.  Now Liberal arguments are said to be 'conservative'.

Bullshit.  Government protects itself.  You and I are on our own.

I trust myself and my neighbors before I trust government with doing anything but frack everything up.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2018, 07:01:54 pm »
Over generalization is not bolstering  your argument or position. There are only a few lefties on this forum that support the extremes you are suggesting. And for the record i don't see anyone advocating for federal intervention. And frankly some of the suggestions you are proposing will lead to vigilante justice which is just as bad if not worse in the opposite direction.

That's the argument the left uses against CCW.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2018, 07:04:05 pm »
You are a loon.  Do not take notice of all the nutjobs causing fights, sex attacks and other mayhem on planes today?  Yeah lets allow a mentally deranged nut on a plane with a CCW and at 30,000 feet he or she starts shooting out the windows for no reason. 

@roamer_1

How many times has that happened either in this country when it was allowed, or in other places where it is allowed?  Up until the early 1970s, you weren't even checked.  DB Cooper is the closest example in this country to something like that happening out of the millions and millions of flights.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2018, 07:11:55 pm »
I trust weaponizing the people before I will ever trust handing government that power.

That USED to be the Conservative position.

Oh, believe me, it still is.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2018, 07:16:26 pm »
A kid walks into a school and shoots 50 kids down in cold blood.

I don’t think this will have a good punchline.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2018, 07:23:44 pm »
Oh, believe me, it still is.

Name one issue now that 'Conservatives' are fighting to fix by removing government versus demanding a government fix?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2018, 07:26:13 pm »

I don’t think this will have a good punchline.

:thud:
 :beer:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2018, 07:30:27 pm »
Name one issue now that 'Conservatives' are fighting to fix by removing government versus demanding a government fix?

Yes, you see... you were forced to put conservative in quotes. IOW those that SAY they are Conservatives, rather than those that actually are.

The first cause of Conservatism is civil-libertarian. Goldwater stands right next to Libertarians. And so does Reagan. Government is the problem, not the answer.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2018, 09:57:38 pm »
goatprairie asks:
"What is your solution to the violence?"

"The violence" in places like the black Chicago ghetto?
(and similar places in other cities)

My solution is:
Stay out of the way and let them kill each other off, if that's what they want.
In time, the problem will solve itself.

But as soon as they try it OUTSIDE of their neighborhoods -- whack 'em down, hard.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2018, 10:10:24 pm »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline verga

« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2018, 10:39:34 pm »

That USED to be the Conservative position.  Now Liberal arguments are said to be 'conservative'.

Once again over generalization does not bolster your position. I will bet with a little effort you can come up with about 10 friends relatives and neighbors that you don't want anywhere near a firearm. I know that I can.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2018, 10:51:41 pm »
Once again over generalization does not bolster your position.

Not with Liberals, Statists and those who see Government as a solution to everything that ails us, no.

I'm no longer interested in convincing them.

That time has passed.

I will bet with a little effort you can come up with about 10 friends relatives and neighbors that you don't want anywhere near a firearm. I know that I can.

I'm sure in your circle of friends, family and neighbors that is likely so.

Even if I had a few, I would not be empowering government to police them.  I can do that by myself.

Once again, I no longer know where Liberal Leftists end and you so-called 'Conservatives' begin.  You sound exactly alike.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline verga

« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2018, 01:36:22 am »
Not with Liberals, Statists and those who see Government as a solution to everything that ails us, no.

I'm no longer interested in convincing them.

That time has passed.

I'm sure in your circle of friends, family and neighbors that is likely so.

Even if I had a few, I would not be empowering government to police them.  I can do that by myself.

Once again, I no longer know where Liberal Leftists end and you so-called 'Conservatives' begin.  You sound exactly alike.
Thank you for proving the adage that you can't reason with the unreasonable. Have fun in your own very tiny little echo chamber I am certain you will be very happy there.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2018, 02:17:06 am »
Thank you for proving the adage that you can't reason with the unreasonable.

Yes.

You are correct.

No.

I am not willing to reason away any more of my liberty to empower the State because people are too stupid and afraid to take care of themselves.

If that makes me unreasonable - so be it.

As for the echo chamber - some of us will stand on our principles - even if we stand alone.

GO - feed the Beast if you want to.

Just don't expect us to feed it what remains of OUR liberty.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2018, 02:24:40 am »
Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone
https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/justices-rule-police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html

From 2005

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2018, 03:04:29 am »
I know we're not supposed delve into the bible or religion on this forum or society as it now exists in this country, but after giving this issue thought, it's stupid to skirt around the "solution" in order to address a problem that few are willing to expose the root cause of -desiring instead to empower government to suspend rights in order to bring about 'order'.

This slaughter taking place in Chicago and urban areas and the mayhem, viciousness, thuggery and insidiousness exploding to the fore in the country...

GET USED TO IT.

That's right.  You read correctly:  GET USED TO IT.

ADAPT TO IT AND EXPECT WORSE TO COME.

Expect to be told to surrender what you have left to those who provide you the empty promise of restoring order and glory.

This is just the beginning of what we have sown for ourselves and our posterity.  There is no lamenting our void spiritual condition - only contempt for those bringing attention to it.  So expect it to get much, much worse - and far more horrifying.

Because ladies and gentlemen, this is WHAT HAPPENS when a culture and society does as we have done. 

When a society has determined that morality should be silenced and practiced in the closet; when they hate the word of God being mentioned and loathe people living by it pleading for the nation to repent and return to what they abandoned.    This is what happens when we as a nation are totally adrift and rudderless from the foundational moorings that established us while we create our own arbitrary morality subservient to the state as we go along.  This is why we have war on the streets, slaughter and thuggery as the nation goes over the cliff into pure mobocracy and punitive politics.  Don't blame just the Democrats, look in a mirror.

This mayhem is a direct consequence of what happens when society says to God "Get out!" and His people to "Shut up we're sick of hearing you!".   The miasma of corruption, intolerance, rage, insanity and confusion is what happens when our society tosses out biblical morality and God as the center of public and personal life in America as it was intended to be in order to maintain the fragility of liberty.  This is what happens when even among those who self-identify as "Christians" and "Conservatives" shut their mouths and sit on their hands and even ridicule  those trying to bring everyone's attention to the root cause of where we find ourselves.   Some vying instead for the State to suspend liberty and impose order by force rather than the people imposing the values they have discarded to their offspring and communities.

This is what happens to a nation in moral freefall and about to explode into total chaos and collapse.

And we sit here and tell ourselves that all we need to do is vote the right people into high office and we are 'saved'.  We're fools.

We believe that lie we tell ourselves so we do not have to look at the hot and hard truth, so we do not have to work to do a personal or cultural about-face.  So long as the currency has value and we can buy what we want and have our fill - nothing else really matters.

So get used to this chaos, corruption and slaughter.

Cannot say we were not warned.

Warned by the Scriptures and by the Founders of the nation who told us what would happen to liberty should we abandon it's only sure foundation.

So suck it up.  Brace yourselves for more insanity and horror.

Enjoy the consequences your countrymen and even some of you demanded by looking to men and their institutions to become the Provider, Father and Sustainer in all practicality.  You can read proof of that comment right here on this board.

So go on.  Enjoy.   Keep demanding us 'holy rollers' shut up and compromise principles for pragmatic government solutions.

You'll go much quicker and willingly from chaos to slaves and chattel, and you cannot say you were not warned in advance.

If this rant pisses you off - then you should stop calling yourself a 'Conservative' - meaning someone who wants to preserve what was intended for us by those who laid the foundations.  For you are likely more 'progressive' than you tell everyone or perhaps you even tell yourself.

Offline verga

« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2018, 12:50:12 pm »
LOL! no, @verga ... just plain wrong.
Police are for body bags. They defend few to none.
Most violent crime is over in minutes, long, long before a cop can respond.
I was mainly referring to the military