Author Topic: Yale Classmate Accuses Kavanaugh of ‘Blatant Mischaracterization’ of His Drinking  (Read 1985 times)

Silver Pines

Yale Classmate Accuses Kavanaugh of ‘Blatant Mischaracterization’ of His Drinking

Michael D. Shear and Robin Pogrebin
9/30/2018

WASHINGTON — A Yale classmate of Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh’s accused him on Sunday of a “blatant mischaracterization” of his drinking while in college, saying that he often saw Judge Kavanaugh “staggering from alcohol consumption.”

The classmate, Chad Ludington, who said he frequently socialized with Judge Kavanaugh as a student, said in a statement that the judge had been untruthful in testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee when he had denied any possibility that he had ever blacked out from drinking.

Mr. Ludington said that Judge Kavanaugh had played down “the degree and frequency” of his drinking, and that the judge had often become “belligerent and aggressive” while intoxicated.

“It is truth that is at stake, and I believe that the ability to speak the truth, even when it does not reflect well upon oneself, is a paramount quality we seek in our nation’s most powerful judges,” Mr. Ludington said, adding that he planned to “take my information to the F.B.I.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/30/us/politics/fbi-kavanaugh-investigation-scope-democrats.html

Silver Pines

Here we go again.  I wonder what the story is on this Ludington guy....

Offline Frank Cannon

His grades, the school he went to and the degree he got doesn't allow for being some degenerate drunk. It doesn't add up one bit.

Silver Pines

His grades, the school he went to and the degree he got doesn't allow for being some degenerate drunk. It doesn't add up one bit.

@Frank Cannon

I agree, and this guy who used to drink with him affirms it.

But in this article, Chad Ludington is quoted---an innocuous remark about the guy who drank WITH Kavanaugh.  He didn't say crap about Kav's drinking habits.  That was five days ago.  What are the chances someone contacted him and offered him something to suddenly remember?

https://www.wweek.com/news/2018/09/25/chris-dudley-was-brett-kavanaughs-college-drinking-buddy/

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

I agree, and this guy who used to drink with him affirms it.

But in this article, Chad Ludington is quoted---an innocuous remark about the guy who drank WITH Kavanaugh.  He didn't say crap about Kav's drinking habits.  That was five days ago.  What are the chances someone contacted him and offered him something to suddenly remember?

https://www.wweek.com/news/2018/09/25/chris-dudley-was-brett-kavanaughs-college-drinking-buddy/

It's Yale. 99.9% of these people who were in Kavs class where probably open Hitlary/Bernie voters because, it's Yale. Yale was, is and will always be Liberal. The fact that every single person who went there when he did haven't come out claiming he got drunk, keyed up on drugs and raped them is amazing.

Silver Pines

It's Yale. 99.9% of these people who were in Kavs class where probably open Hitlary/Bernie voters because, it's Yale. Yale was, is and will always be Liberal. The fact that every single person who went there when he did haven't come out claiming he got drunk, keyed up on drugs and raped them is amazing.

Yeah, true about Yale.  From what I see of this guy all he talks and writes about is wine, so maybe he's a drunk with a case of projection.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Not surprising they are going the alcohol route...it fits into their line of questioning...and low and behold they found someone who can claim that he was a mean drunk...

I agree with Frank..you can't drink like this on the weekends and maintain high grades..
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 11:03:58 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

http://www.technicianonline.com/arts_entertainment/article_768c9d0c-9ad2-11e4-bc4c-8b19f0b1bd02.html

Proves my point. This clown is an effete Commie academic.

BTW if he had a real job there would be no way he would be paid to write a book about cheddar cheese.

Silver Pines

Proves my point. This clown is an effete Commie academic.

BTW if he had a real job there would be no way he would be paid to write a book about cheddar cheese.

Lmao

Silver Pines

Not surprising they are going the alcohol route...it fits into their line of questioning...and low and behold they found someone who can claim that he was a mean drunk...one thing this guy has changed his story..and no is going to the FBI

I agree with Frank..you can't drink like this on the weekends and maintain high grades..

@mystery-ak

And why didn't he mention it when he was interviewed five days ago?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'm so confused.  Who is this guy and why is he claiming the judge mischaracterized his drinking?  @CatherineofAragon

Sorry .. I don't which story he's a part of.

Silver Pines

I'm so confused.  Who is this guy and why is he claiming the judge mischaracterized his drinking?  @CatherineofAragon

Sorry .. I don't which story he's a part of.

@Right_in_Virginia

Sorry,the way I posted the links is kind of confusing.  Chad Ludington in the Times article claims that Kavanaugh was a belligerent drunk.   

Five days ago, Chris Dudley, Kavanaugh's college drinking buddy, was interviewed by Willamette Week.  Dudley defended the judge.  Ludington, the Times accuser, is also mentioned in the article.  If you scroll down the page, he makes an observation about Dudley's sports abilities.  He didn't mention Kavanaugh or his drinking habits.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

Sorry,the way I posted the links is kind of confusing.  Chad Ludington in the Times article claims that Kavanaugh was a belligerent drunk.   

Five days ago, Chris Dudley, Kavanaugh's college drinking buddy, was interviewed by Willamette Week.  Dudley defended the judge.  Ludington, the Times accuser, is also mentioned in the article.  If you scroll down the page, he makes an observation about Dudley's sports abilities.  He didn't mention Kavanaugh or his drinking habits.

So the Yale classmate blaming Kav for mischaracterizing his drinking should really be pointing fingers at Dudley? (Are these damn names for real?)

@CatherineofAragon

Offline Frank Cannon

@mystery-ak

And why didn't he mention it when he was interviewed five days ago?

5 days? That usually how long it takes for an out of state check to clear.....say like one Soros would have issued to him.

Offline Hoodat

Sounds like Ludington has envy issues.  Can't stand the fact that his classmate at Yale is about to be a Supreme Court Justice while he is still working towards tenure as a history associate professor at NC State.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
One doesn't rise to the top of one's profession when one is a blackout drinker. No one in his current universe makes any such statements.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
What's Ludington's political affiliation?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

He works in academia.  Do the math.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

Made "small" donations to Democrats.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Silver Pines

So the Yale classmate blaming Kav for mischaracterizing his drinking should really be pointing fingers at Dudley? (Are these damn names for real?)

@CatherineofAragon

@Right_in_Virginia

No, Dudley just admitted that he and Kav used to drink like most college boys.  You have to wonder if someone at the Times saw the article & decided to call up the Yale guy to see if he could be paid off.

Silver Pines

5 days? That usually how long it takes for an out of state check to clear.....say like one Soros would have issued to him.

@Frank Cannon

Exactly

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

BJ Clinton got his law degree from yale.

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline goatprairie

So Kavanaugh got a little wild and crazy during his college years? Well then, he must have been a complete failure in his law career never getting beyond clerking for some shyster lawyer in Nome, Alaska.
What?  He was so successful that he is on the verge of being confirmed as a SC judge? Well wonder of wonders!!
How could such a dissolute rascal of an Ivy League student graduate with honors, play on one of his college's sports teams, and make it that far when he was usually drunk as a skunk? What  a mystery.  :shrug:
And what are the chances a sexual predator stops his predatory behavior  after he leaves colleges? Pretty slim.
If Kavanaugh was a sexual predator in high school and college, we'd have plenty of stories of his continued predatory behavior since. We have none. The women he worked with and worked for him have nothing but praise for him. No allegations of Harvey Weinstein/Les Moonves boorish behavior.