Author Topic: Yale Classmate Accuses Kavanaugh of ‘Blatant Mischaracterization’ of His Drinking  (Read 1981 times)

Offline ConstitutionRose

So Kavanaugh got a little wild and crazy during his college years? Well then, he must have been a complete failure in his law career never getting beyond clerking for some shyster lawyer in Nome, Alaska.
What?  He was so successful that he is on the verge of being confirmed as a SC judge? Well wonder of wonders!!
How could such a dissolute rascal of an Ivy League student graduate with honors, play on one of his college's sports teams, and make it that far when he was usually drunk as a skunk? What  a mystery.  :shrug:
And what are the chances a sexual predator stops his predatory behavior  after he leaves colleges? Pretty slim.
If Kavanaugh was a sexual predator in high school and college, we'd have plenty of stories of his continued predatory behavior since. We have none. The women he worked with and worked for him have nothing but praise for him. No allegations of Harvey Weinstein/Les Moonves boorish behavior.

:thumbsup:
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online mountaineer

How many members of Congress would lose their jobs if we got rid of the heavy drinkers, alcoholics and drug addicts?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online kevindavis007

I seem to recall that being drunk in college was encouraged. Thanks to a certain movie.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I seem to recall that being drunk in college was encouraged. Thanks to a certain movie.

I think it was happening long before movies were made.

Offline SirLinksALot

So Kavanaugh got a little wild and crazy during his college years?

Unproven. All we know is he drinks, that's all.

In Kavanaugh's favor we have these:

1) He graduated on top of his class. Does this show a hard drinking man?

2) Chris Dudley, the NBA basketball player who graduated from Yale. He is a close friend of Judge Kavanaugh’s and played basketball with Mr. Ludington.  Dudley said he was certain that he “never, ever saw Brett Kavanaugh black out” from drinking, and “never, ever saw him act inappropriately toward any woman in the 35 years that I’ve known him.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
There is a difference between drinking too much and going to sleep, and a blackout that includes memory gaps.  I did the former dozens of times when young, but never did the latter.  And the only person who knows whether or not that happened is...the person who drank.

There is no possible way that this accuser could know if Kavanaugh blacked out unless Kavanaugh himself admitted to it.  And since the guy doesn't claim he did...it's bogus.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 03:36:42 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

2) Chris Dudley, the NBA basketball player who graduated from Yale. He is a close friend of Judge Kavanaugh’s and played basketball with Mr. Ludington.  Dudley said he was certain that he “never, ever saw Brett Kavanaugh black out” from drinking, and “never, ever saw him act inappropriately toward any woman in the 35 years that I’ve known him.[/size]

Having watched Chris Dudley play basketball, him being drunk is the only possible explanation for his uniquely horrendous free throw shooting.  He once missed 17 of 18 free throws in a game.  Another time, becausae of a series of lane violations by another team, he got 5 chances to shoot a single free throw.  Of course, he missed them all.

"I wasn't good at free throws," Dudley reportedly said. "Neither was Shaq. So really, you could describe my game as Shaq-esque."

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-lists/the-15-weirdest-and-worst-nba-free-throw-shooters-11535/chris-dudley-458-225419/

You can skip to the 25 second mark to watch him shoot a pair, one of which he actually made.

! No longer available
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 04:25:20 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online kevindavis007

I fear the left might start a new Temperance movement in America.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline SirLinksALot

OK Folks,  what are we relegated to? He said-He said now?

How's this going to play out in an interrogation?

Q: Have you ever had enough drinks to not remember everything?

How does one answer that?

...seriously? How would you know? This is a redundant and nonsensical question. Of course, the expected answer of “maybe” would then be used to imply he tried to rape somebody but doesn’t remember it.

Offline dfwgator

Otter: Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
Boon: I thought you were pre-med.
Otter: What's the difference?

Offline SirLinksALot

Here’s the deal... the STOP KAVANAUGH MOVEMENT are trying to show inconsistencies in Kavanaugh’s TV interview at FOX where he projected an image of a clean living Christian with his college life where they want to portray him as a drunk.

Why do they want to do that? In order to show that he COULD have been the sexual assaulter that he is accused of because his drunkenness caused him to assault Ms. Ford and also cause him to seemingly not realize that he did it.

THAT is the reason why they are pushing the “hard drinking” angle.

The question I have is this -- how does a hard drinking student graduate on top of his class? (cum laude) and still qualify to play at the junior varsity basketball team?

Online Hoodat

Hey, it's not like he got arrested at Stanford for underage drinking.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Otter: Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
Boon: I thought you were pre-med.
Otter: What's the difference?

Otter: Flounder, you can't spend your whole life worrying about your mistakes! You f'ed up... you trusted us! Hey, make the best of it! Maybe we can help.

Flounder: [crying] That's easy for you to say! What am I going to tell Fred?

Otter: I'll tell you what. We'll tell Fred you were doing a great job taking care of his car, but you parked it out back last night and this morning... it was gone. We report it as stolen to the police. D-Day takes care of the wreck. Your brother's insurance company buys him a new car.

Flounder: Will that work?

Otter: Hey, it's gotta work better than the truth.

Bluto: [thrusting six-pack into Flounder's hands] My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Otter: Better listen to him, Flounder, he's in pre-med.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Silver Pines

Otter: Flounder, you can't spend your whole life worrying about your mistakes! You f'ed up... you trusted us! Hey, make the best of it! Maybe we can help.

Flounder: [crying] That's easy for you to say! What am I going to tell Fred?

Otter: I'll tell you what. We'll tell Fred you were doing a great job taking care of his car, but you parked it out back last night and this morning... it was gone. We report it as stolen to the police. D-Day takes care of the wreck. Your brother's insurance company buys him a new car.

Flounder: Will that work?

Otter: Hey, it's gotta work better than the truth.

Bluto: [thrusting six-pack into Flounder's hands] My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Otter: Better listen to him, Flounder, he's in pre-med.

@Hoodat

I love that movie so much.

Silver Pines