Author Topic: Cop who used Taser on girl: 'This is why there’s no grocery stores in the black community'  (Read 585 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You can think it...but you just can't say it!

Cincinnati police investigators said an officer who deployed a Taser to stop an 11-year-old girl from shoplifting violated the department's use of force policy, but also found problems with his telling the girl: "You know, sweetheart, this is why there’s no grocery stores in the black community.”

The comment was caught on Officer Kevin Brown's body camera and is the second time the officer is accused of making inappropriate comments while doing his job. Two years ago he was written up for using a homophobic slur in reference to an alleged domestic violence victim, though the woman did not hear him.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2018/09/04/cincinnati-cop-who-tased-kid-has-several-procedural-violations-police-chief-says/1189843002/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

The cop is African American.  I'd say he probably has an idea what's wrong or right in his community.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Although the cops statement was correct, I would think using a taser on an 11-year-old girl is a little much
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline verga

Although the cops statement was correct, I would think using a taser on an 11-year-old girl is a little much
Years ago I worked at a Juvenile detention center. One night we had an unscheduled admit (Unaccompanied minor in severe emotional distress.)
The girl was about 11 or 12 and weighed about 100 lbs soaking wet. I am 5' 10" and weighed 185 at the time and was the smallest person in the room.
When the cops took the handcuffs off her she went full ballistic. Took three of us to hold her down. I wish the police had been able to use a taser on her.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

I'm not sure why he did, either. He caught her shoplifting and she tried to run away. I don't know whether she started fighting with him or not.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I agree but I don't think he knew she was 11.

Offline ConstitutionRose

Years ago I worked at a Juvenile detention center. One night we had an unscheduled admit (Unaccompanied minor in severe emotional distress.)
The girl was about 11 or 12 and weighed about 100 lbs soaking wet. I am 5' 10" and weighed 185 at the time and was the smallest person in the room.
When the cops took the handcuffs off her she went full ballistic. Took three of us to hold her down. I wish the police had been able to use a taser on her.

My son-in-law is the Director of such a facility in Georgia.  He's a big guy, 6/4" and 200 lbs.  He has a book full of stories like yours.  He HATES those "unscheduled admits".   Hates them, cause he knows odds are there will be big trouble.  He also hates the admits that are outside of his facility's classification.  They literally have to walk on egg shells in dealing with these kids too.

The really sad thing, is all the facilities are full.  So many kids in very big trouble.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.