Author Topic: Ted Cruz - Madam's List?  (Read 19782 times)

Offline jpsb

Re: Ted Cruz - Madam's List?
« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2018, 02:58:39 pm »
The manner in which Trump supporters defend Mr. Trump have done nothing to change my mind about voting for him in any subsequent election. Good luck winning in 2020 with 30% of the vote, and maybe another 10% of blacks and independents. Your best hope is a third party, such as Bernie running as an independent.

NeverTrumpers are not going to vote Trump. They would have preferred Hillary to Trump. They claim
to be conservative and then urge people to vote for the Marxist Democrats! Total hypocrites.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2018, 03:00:17 pm »
Trump's a big fan of Kelo…

https://reason.com/blog/2015/10/06/donald-trump-thinks-kelo-style-eminent-d

The ad claims and I quote "it made him rich". That is a flat out lie.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2018, 03:00:46 pm »
NeverTrumpers are not going to vote Trump. They would have preferred Hillary to Trump. They claim
to be conservative and then urge people to vote for the Marxist Democrats! Total hypocrites.

@jpsb

I'm torn between describing them as hypocrites,or just plain mental defectives.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2018, 03:01:35 pm »
I'm far from being a hypocrite, I recognize the Marxist democrats as a far bigger threat to me then
the lying Ted Cruz. So am planning on voting for my best interests. But yall are doing a good job
of making me rethink that.

If you NeverTrumpers campaigned for Cruz here in Texas Beto would win by 8%.

I don't care if you are intellectually honest or not.  For my part, your hypocrisy is driving me away from President Trump.

I am not a Never Trumper, as has been stated many times on this forum, but your willingness to elect what you call a dirty, rotten scoundrel to the Senate sure makes me look that way.   To you.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2018, 03:02:18 pm »
As NHN stated just above your (bizarre) post here, there has been nothing posted by any of you to support the lie that Cruz was on a DC Madam's list.

Do you have any proof/supporting evidence?

Since you don't have any proof whatsoever that Cruz is a "lying scumbag," can we assume you also have no proof that this particular attack on Cruz' character is true?

I already said I didn't believe the Madame BS story.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2018, 03:04:57 pm »
I don't care if you are intellectually honest or not. 
Well there we have it in a nut shell. And you call be a hypocrite? Oh the Irony.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #181 on: August 22, 2018, 03:06:03 pm »
I already said I didn't believe the Madame BS story.

Neither do I.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #182 on: August 22, 2018, 03:06:46 pm »
I don't care if you are intellectually honest or not.  For my part, your hypocrisy is driving me away from President Trump.

I am not a Never Trumper, as has been stated many times on this forum, but your willingness to elect what you call a dirty, rotten scoundrel to the Senate sure makes me look that way.   To you.

???

Come on, man.

Since when do you drop support for a man because of what some person posts on a political forum?   **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jpsb

« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2018, 03:06:51 pm »
@jpsb

I'm torn between describing them as hypocrites,or just plain mental defectives.

@sneakypete

At this point I am leaning towards mentally defective. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2018, 03:08:15 pm »
Of course it would be Pecker's little paper that published something like that.  **nononono*
Doesn't this date back to the whole "seven mistresses" malarkey we heard during the campaigns in the Bible Belt back in the Primaries? A well timed 'release' of effluvium by a pal of (now) POTUS to hurt Cruz's standing with the evangelicals, who flocked instead to vote for the guy who knows how to grab 'em, or stayed home instead (which cost Cruz a lot of votes).

While that is in the past, there will be those who will dig that 'dirt' back up, even though their shovels will be empty, and use the doubt created then and now in another election. Unanticipated outcomes, and all that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jpsb

« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2018, 03:14:24 pm »
Doesn't this date back to the whole "seven mistresses" malarkey we heard during the campaigns in the Bible Belt back in the Primaries? A well timed 'release' of effluvium by a pal of (now) POTUS to hurt Cruz's standing with the evangelicals, who flocked instead to vote for the guy who knows how to grab 'em, or stayed home instead (which cost Cruz a lot of votes).

While that is in the past, there will be those who will dig that 'dirt' back up, even though their shovels will be empty, and use the doubt created then and now in another election. Unanticipated outcomes, and all that.

National Enquirer posted a story about three girls. All three denied the story and no proof was
ever presented other than a few photos of Amanda Carpenter carrying a jacket alleged to belong
to Ted Cruz. I seriously doubt that BS story cost Cruz very many votes.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2018, 03:19:12 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2018, 03:24:23 pm »
National Enquirer posted a story about three girls. All three denied the story and no proof was
ever presented other than a few photos of Amanda Carpenter carrying a jacket alleged to belong
Wrong., But thanks for playing.

https://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/ted-cruz-sex-scandal-mistresses-cheating-claims/

and...

https://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/tom-delay-ted-cruz-national-enquirer-affair/2016/03/28/id/721207/
DeLay: Cruz Must Sue Over Affair Allegations or Risk Presidential Bid

Read Newsmax: DeLay: Cruz Must Sue Over Affair Allegations or Risk Presidential Bid | Newsmax.com

Apparently, the impact far exceeded your beliefs. It was as well timed for the Bible Belt primaries as the allegations that his father was a buddy of Oswald were for the New England ones, and either type of story would have a regional impact far greater than the national one, especially after the votes were cast and then the story debunked.
That's the dirty trick, dump the 'october surprise' on a targeted demographic market and not leave enough time for a response before the ballots are cast.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 03:30:32 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2018, 03:29:27 pm »
The individual was pinged by me before I started this thread, and Myst was notified.

I also consider it "good manners" to not make unsubstantiated accusations on a public forum. I think we all can agree on that, right @Emjay ?

Well, sorry.  I guess I misunderstood the whole thing.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2018, 03:29:34 pm »

It was five or six, and it probably did cost votes in a very tight election:  https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2018/06/22/alleged-collusion-trump-lawyer-national-enquirer-casts-new-light-tabloids-ted-cruz-tales

Offline musiclady

« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2018, 03:35:41 pm »

You have been asked repeatedly not to lie about anyone on this forum preferring Hillary.

Stop lying.

Please.

It’s hideous.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #191 on: August 22, 2018, 03:38:51 pm »
@sneakypete

At this point I am leaning towards mentally defective.

More hideous ad hominems against Briefers.

Is there no bottom to this pit?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2018, 03:39:33 pm »
But, he sure tried.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2018, 03:47:01 pm »

What are you talking about?  You posted the ad and then said it doesn't mean what it says.

Regardless, this was what you said that have been thoroughly and completely addressed:  "Trump never not once acquired one square inch of property via eminent domain", as in he didn't make any money but it wasn't from lack of trying on his part.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2018, 03:52:56 pm »
What are you talking about?  You posted the ad and then said it doesn't mean what it says.

Regardless, this was what you said that have been thoroughly and completely addressed:  "Trump never not once acquired one square inch of property via eminent domain", as in he didn't make any money but it wasn't from lack of trying on his part.
You left out the part where he tried to hire the lady's attorney (during the case) to fight another competitor who was trying to use Kelo to acquire property to improve his (the competitor's) operation in Atlantic City. Seems he was only for it when it benefited him.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #195 on: August 22, 2018, 03:53:37 pm »
???

Come on, man.

Since when do you drop support for a man because of what some person posts on a political forum?   **nononono*

I wouldn't, really.  It's more of a play on his accusation that I am a Never, when I am not.  It's a bit insulting to be conflated with that group.
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #196 on: August 22, 2018, 03:55:18 pm »
It makes sense when you realize that part of the trend of the current Republican party is to have no values whatsoever.......

The party is no longer "Democrat lite."  It's just plain Democrat.

I'll agree with that assessment.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #197 on: August 22, 2018, 03:55:50 pm »
You have been asked repeatedly not to lie about anyone on this forum preferring Hillary.

Stop lying.

Please.

It’s hideous.

Lying is what hypocrites do in order to sleep at night.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #198 on: August 22, 2018, 04:12:59 pm »
I think eminent domain is wonderful, if you're building a highway, and you need to build, as an example, a highway, and you're going to be blocked by a holdout, or, in some cases, it's a holdout—just so you understand, nobody knows this better than I do, because I built a lot of buildings in Manhattan, and you'll have 12 sites and you'll get 11 and you'll have the one holdout and you end up building around them and everything else, okay? So, I know it better than anybody.

I think eminent domain for massive projects, for instance, you're going to create thousands of jobs, and you have somebody that's in the way, and you pay that person far more—don't forget, eminent domain, they get a lot of money, and you need a house in a certain location, because you're going to build this massive development that's going to employ thousands of people, or you're going to build a factory, that without this little house, you can't build the factory—I think eminent domain is fine.

This is why I -- despite typically being against eminent domain takings -- think that NYC should annex Trump Tower.  The costs to the city outweigh the benefits to the public of Trump owning it (and the city would benefit by owning it), and Trump is such a fan of eminent domain and has stated what a great benefit it is to the people whose property is confiscated, I just have to support it...because I support our president and want to make him and the people of NYC happy.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #199 on: August 22, 2018, 04:16:34 pm »

This is why I -- despite typically being against eminent domain takings -- think that NYC should annex Trump Tower.  The costs to the city outweigh the benefits to the public of Trump owning it (and the city would benefit by owning it), and Trump is such a fan of eminent domain and has stated what a great benefit it is to the people whose property is confiscated, I just have to support it...because I support our president and want to make him and the people of NYC happy.

Your argument is no different than the one to justify Kelo, so why not?  Only the State of New York's constitution stands in the way, if it prohibits that.  Connecticut's did not.
I will NOT comply.