Author Topic: Trump Slams White House Correspondents’ Dinner as ‘Fake News Prom,’ Will Hold Michigan Rally Instead  (Read 4318 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Slams White House Correspondents’ Dinner as ‘Fake News Prom,’ Will Hold Michigan Rally Instead of Attending (VIDEO)
by Cassandra Fairbanks April 27, 2018

President Donald Trump is not only skipping the annual White House Correspondents’ Dinner again this year, he took to Facebook on Friday to mock the event by calling it the “fake news prom.”

The typically star-studded event has lost its luster under the Trump administration, as the president declined attending in 2017 as well. During previous administrations, the president would attend the black-tie dinner and be lightly roasted by the host and other guests, which always included A-list celebrities.

During his presidency, President Trump has skipped both and instead held competing rallies at the same time. This year, his rally will be in Washington, Michigan.

more
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/04/trump-slams-white-house-correspondents-dinner-as-fake-news-prom-will-hold-michigan-rally-instead-of-attending-video/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Really don't care whether he goes to the dinner or not, but how much is his never-ending campaign rally going to cost us taxpayers?

Offline Frank Cannon

... but how much is his never-ending campaign rally going to cost us taxpayers?

Just as much as all the bullshit fundraisers and rallies that every other President since Ike did.

Offline mountaineer

Like him or not, "fake news prom" is a great -and accurate - description.  ^-^
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

Just as much as all the bullshit fundraisers and rallies that every other President since Ike did.

And it's funny  -- when Obama was jetting all over on his never-ending campaign, people objected to the waste of resources -- and rightly so-- but Trump does the same thing and it's suddenly perfectly fine.  Why is that?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
And it's funny  -- when Obama was jetting all over on his never-ending campaign, people objected to the waste of resources -- and rightly so-- but Trump does the same thing and it's suddenly perfectly fine.  Why is that?

How utterly STUPID is it to get on a 'high horse' to shout to everybody that ..."I'll take the high road because I'm a better person, etc."?

What exactly do you gain by that?   SELF-RESPECT??

What a joke.

We're in the fight for our very lives, GD it.  Act like it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

How utterly STUPID is it to get on a 'high horse' to shout to everybody that ..."I'll take the high road because I'm a better person, etc."?

What a joke.

:facepalm2:

Offline Applewood

What a joke.

Fight for our lives?  Against what or whom? 

These rallies are meant to engage and enliven the true believers and they further inflate Trump's already inflated ego.  For those who do not worship Trump as some kind of savior, they are a waste of time and money. 

Want to get people to join in your fight?  How about have Trump spend more time in DC actually doing something worthwhile?  Stay off Twitter, stop running to Mar a Lago to play golf and hobknob with other billionaires, and stop campaigning.  How about he work to get done all the things he promised in 2016?  Two years later, we still have Obamacare, we are still being invaded by illegals and so-called refugees, Planned Parenthood is sill being funded, and the so-called tax "reform" was some mere tweaking.    And his supposedly "conservative" SCOTUS pick isn't so conservative after all.  And why did he sign that spending spree bill. huh?   

I don't want to hear the tired excuse that it's the Republicans in congress' fault - they aren't doing their job, they come up with these bills and Trump has to sign them, etc. etc.  He is for all practical purposes head of the party.  He should have the influence to get done what he promised.  He hasn't done jack.  All he can do is make excuses and attack his supposed enemies on Twitter. 

Trump is pretending to be president.  Aren't you tired of this reality tv presidency?  I am.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

These rallies are meant to engage and enliven the true believers and they further inflate Trump's already inflated ego.  For those who do not worship Trump as some kind of savior, they are a waste of time and money. 

Want to get people to join in your fight?  How about have Trump spend more time in DC actually doing something worthwhile?  Stay off Twitter, stop running to Mar a Lago to play golf and hobknob with other billionaires, and stop campaigning.  How about he work to get done all the things he promised in 2016?  Two years later, we still have Obamacare, we are still being invaded by illegals and so-called refugees, Planned Parenthood is sill being funded, and the so-called tax "reform" was some mere tweaking.    And his supposedly "conservative" SCOTUS pick isn't so conservative after all.  And why did he sign that spending spree bill. huh?   

I don't want to hear the tired excuse that it's the Republicans in congress' fault - they aren't doing their job, they come up with these bills and Trump has to sign them, etc. etc.  He is for all practical purposes head of the party.  He should have the influence to get done what he promised.  He hasn't done jack.  All he can do is make excuses and attack his supposed enemies on Twitter. 

Trump is pretending to be president.  Aren't you tired of this reality tv presidency?  I am.

You and I have a completely opposite assessment of the political and cultural landscape today.

Let's leave it at that.    :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Applewood

You and I have a completely opposite assessment of the political and cultural landscape today.

Let's leave it at that.    :patriot:

Fine with me. Cheers!   :beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't have a problem with what Trump is doing.  I didn't object to Obastard doing it either.  Presidents gotta rally their supporters.

If I was Trump I would snub the Correspondent's Dinner too.  Why should he give any credibility to a room full of people who hate him, anyway?  To listen to their insults?  Screw them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

You sound exactly like the folks who complained about the Movie Star President who was an old, dottering clown with his finger on the button. Wasn't worried about it 35 years ago. Not worried about it today.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

@Applewood

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I don't have a problem with what Trump is doing.  I didn't object to Obastard doing it either.  Presidents gotta rally their supporters.

If I was Trump I would snub the Correspondent's Dinner too.  Why should he give any credibility to a room full of people who hate him, anyway?  To listen to their insults?  Screw them.

Clinton was the first one to give us 8 years of campaign mode to try and distract from all of the scandal and turmoil in his administration.

Donny is just taking a cue from his buddy that's all.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Clinton was the first one to give us 8 years of campaign mode to try and distract from all of the scandal and turmoil in his administration.

Donny is just taking a cue from his buddy that's all.

Obastard did it too.  Bush would have benefited if he had done it because he left his supporters pretty well demoralized when he was through because of his silence in the face of the criticism from the lefties.

This is the state of Presidential politics in the 21st Century.  The public has the attention span of a fruit fly.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Obastard did it too.  Bush would have benefited if he had done it because he left his supporters pretty well demoralized when he was through because of his silence in the face of the criticism from the lefties.

This is the state of Presidential politics in the 21st Century.  The public has the attention span of a fruit fly.

888high58888

Offline musiclady

You sound exactly like the folks who complained about the Movie Star President who was an old, dottering clown with his finger on the button. Wasn't worried about it 35 years ago. Not worried about it today.

Comparing criticism of Trump to criticism of Reagan is the dopiest argument ever given on TBR.

Silly, silly, silly.

But then again, if you love the guy, and pretend he's conservative, I guess you see what you want to see.....   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Applewood

Except that President Reagan actually worked more than he campaigned.   And he got far more done than our current president who spends too much time bitching and making excuses.  Was Reagan perfect?  No.  No one is but God.  But he actually took his job seriously and worked at it.  Can't say that about this president. 

Offline musiclady

Except that President Reagan actually worked more than he campaigned.   And he got far more done than our current president who spends too much time bitching and making excuses.  Was Reagan perfect?  No.  No one is but God.  But he actually took his job seriously and worked at it.  Can't say that about this president.

There is pretty much NO comparison between the two.  Reagan was a serious conservative President who took flak because he WAS a serious conservative.

Trump takes flak because he asks for it.  He's not serious in any sense of the word, and the idea that he's a conservative is laughable.

Not one whit of accuracy in the post you're responding to.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Wow. I believe you have little memory of Reagan's times, when he was regularly accused of sleepwalking through his Presidency.

Dozing during meetings. Quitting in the afternoon, as if it was a mere 9-5 job. Remember? I do.

Once again, the mythology regarding Reagan exceed the reality.  And the Trump Bashing Obsession clouds the sanity, history, facts, in this Room.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 11:38:48 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

Wow. I believe you have little memory of Reagan's times, when he was regularly accused of sleepwalking through his Presidency.

Dozing during meetings. Quitting in the afternoon, as if it was a mere 9-5 job. Remember? I do.

See the post above.  The criticism from the left of Reagan was because he was a very real threat to their leftist ideals and goals.

Trump isn't.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Once again, the mythology regarding Reagan exceed the reality.  And the Trump Bashing Obsession clouds the sanity, history, facts, in this Room.

Repeating Liberal fairy tales like that isn't a good look for you.

Just shows how desperate you are to put a truly great President down in order to make a so-so (so far) President look better.

Offline musiclady

Just shows how desperate you are to put a truly great President down in order to make a so-so (so far) President look better.

Exactly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Just giving you the actual history of what Reagan faced, young lad. He faced a turd party opponent from the GOP. He faced a hostile media. He faced democrats, too. He probably had those within his party, leaking negative crap to the media about his every day.

The thing we agree upon, is he was a great President.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Seriously.... if you have to put Reagan down in order to build Trump up, you've already LOST the debate, IMO.

No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.