Author Topic: Blake Farenthold resigns from Congress  (Read 1208 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Blake Farenthold resigns from Congress
« on: April 06, 2018, 09:57:15 pm »
Blake Farenthold resigns from Congress
by Diana Stancy Correll
 | April 06, 2018 05:01 PM

Updated at 5:26 p.m.

Rep. Blake Farenthold, R-Texas, announced Friday that he would be resigning, months after it was reported he settled a sexual harassment case for $84,000.

“Since being elected to Congress in 2010, I’ve worked to make government more efficient and responsive, cut government spending, repeal Obamacare, protect life and reduce the debt,” Farenthold said in a statement Friday. “Locally, I’ve worked tirelessly to get federal funding for the widening and deepening project at the Port of Corpus Christi and help our other area ports and military facilities. I’ve also been extremely successful in working with our communities on recovering from Hurricane Harvey. Most importantly, I’ve been able to help countless people, especially veterans with their problems with the federal government.”

“While I planned on serving out the remainder of my term in Congress, I know in my heart it’s time for me to move along and look for new ways to serve,” he added.

Farenthold said he submitted a letter to Texas Gov. Greg Abbott to say he would be stepping down from his post, effective at 5 p.m. on Friday.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/blake-farenthold-resigns-from-congress
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Blake Farenthold resigns from Congress
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 10:05:30 pm »
I wonder if he is an evangelical, and if evangelicals will have panties in a wad over his situation?

From the looks of the guy, one need not as "where's the beef ?"

http://noqreport.com/2017/12/07/ethics-committee-wastes-money-investigating-representative-blake-farenthold-resign/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 10:55:34 pm »
I wonder if he is an evangelical, and if evangelicals will have panties in a wad over his situation?

You are on a roll.  This must be more good news.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 11:41:03 pm »
   His Mother, Sissy, was my first political campaign in Texas back when Comanche's and Apache's were still giving us hell.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 01:51:02 am »

http://noqreport.com/2017/12/07/ethics-committee-wastes-money-investigating-representative-blake-farenthold-resign/

He reminds me of Kent "Flounder" Dorfman from Animal House.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 02:12:27 am »

:silly:

What's his FreeRepublic username?

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 02:18:02 am »
   BlackFemaleArmyCaptain?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 02:21:32 am »

Face it flounder...you ef d up, you trusted us.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 02:16:58 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 02:22:56 am »

Online corbe

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 02:36:15 am »
   I knew you 'other than Texans' would take this opportunity to bash the great State of Texas and it doesn't bother me.  I am secure in the fact that I would not want to live anywhere else.  I wasn't born here but I got her as quick as I could with no regrets and Yes, I've been in 43 other States, all Good. 
   TEXAS often imitated, Never Duplicated.

Carry On.

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 02:39:55 am »
   I knew you 'other than Texans' would take this opportunity to bash the great State of Texas and it doesn't bother me.  I am secure in the fact that I would not want to live anywhere else.  I wasn't born here but I got her as quick as I could with no regrets and Yes, I've been in 43 other States, all Good. 

Carry On.

Who bashed Texas??

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 02:46:49 am »
   @Weird Tolkienish Figure posting GIF's of Northerners throwing $hit at Texas Congresscritters for one, and that Yankee @TomSea will be here soon talking trash about Sen. Cruz. 
    If it wasn't for this Ankle Bracelet OK makes me wear I'd have a lot more leeway to deal with this $hit.

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2018, 12:59:14 pm »
   @Weird Tolkienish Figure posting GIF's of Northerners throwing $hit at Texas Congresscritters for one, and that Yankee @TomSea will be here soon talking trash about Sen. Cruz. 
    If it wasn't for this Ankle Bracelet OK makes me wear I'd have a lot more leeway to deal with this $hit.

I hope you're not being serious? That's a gif of Animal House.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2018, 01:03:32 pm »

Carry On.

As a lifelong Texan, even I got thicker skin than that.  Our state is home to the dumbest Congressperson in the history of the United States-  Shelia Jackson Lee.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2018, 02:46:16 pm »
As a lifelong Texan, even I got thicker skin than that.  Our state is home to the dumbest Congressperson in the history of the United States-  Shelia Jackson Lee.
The bell curve has two pointy ends....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 02:50:06 pm »
We need full disclosure on who in Congress took taxpayer money to payoff sexual harassment claims.

That list is way overdue, and cannot possibly be unconstitutional for Congress to refuse to disclose.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 02:57:48 pm »
We need full disclosure on who in Congress took taxpayer money to payoff sexual harassment claims.

That list is way overdue, and cannot possibly be unconstitutional for Congress to refuse to disclose.
I think you meant "That list is way overdue, and cannot possibly be unconstitutional for Congress to refuse to disclose."
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 03:57:32 pm »
   No, @Weird Tolkienish Figure I wasn't being serious.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 05:25:24 pm »

@IsailedawayfromFR
I agree completely!  Ryan and McConnell really need to make this happen, which means we need to keep asking them about it ;(.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2018, 11:14:30 pm »
Bull Puckey! if it's one thing California deserves all the derisive credit receives it's dumbass politicians! I'll see your Sheila Jackson Lee and raise you a Maxine Waters.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2018, 03:03:25 am »
Bull Puckey! if it's one thing California deserves all the derisive credit receives it's dumbass politicians! I'll see your Sheila Jackson Lee and raise you a Maxine Waters.

@GtHawk

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

“I stand here as a freed slave because this Congress came together.”

“Don’t condemn the gangbangers, they’ve got guns that are trafficked, that are not enforced, that are straw purchased and they come into places even that have strong gun laws. Why? Because we don’t have sensible gun legislation.”

“We have martial law. What that means – and my colleagues know what it means – is that you can put a bill on in just minutes.”

“You know that I'm going to, first of all, denounce the utilization of this intrusion of Wikipedia, through the Russian intrusion. That's what this is about.

“Maybe I should offer a good thanks to the distinguished members of the majority, the Republicans, my chairman and others, for giving us an opportunity to have a deliberative constitutional discussion that reinforces the sanctity of this nation and how well it is that we have lasted some 400 years, operating under a constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not.”

(July 25, 2010) “And I want to say to my colleagues that I stand here asking us to do what we did not do in Vietnam. Was to recognize the valiant and outstanding service of our men and women. And to understand that victory had been achieved. Today we have two Vietnams, side by side, North and South, exchanging and working. We may not agree with all North Vietnam is doing, but they are living in peace. I would look for better human rights record for North Vietnam, but they're living side by side. Because that was a civil war. And because the leadership of this nation did not listen to the mothers and fathers who borned the burden of 58,000 dead and did not declare victory, the mounting death, the violence continued going up and up. Rather than understanding the political nature of the war in Vietnam, we did not listen to those families.”

“You don't understand. I am a queen, and I demand to be treated like a queen.”

"I happen to represent Enron here in Houston. We have many good corporate citizens here in Houston. Enron happened to have been one."

She once asked a NASA administrator if a Mars rover would be able to send back photos of the place where Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin planted the American flag.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2018, 03:49:31 am »
@GtHawk

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

“I stand here as a freed slave because this Congress came together.”

“Don’t condemn the gangbangers, they’ve got guns that are trafficked, that are not enforced, that are straw purchased and they come into places even that have strong gun laws. Why? Because we don’t have sensible gun legislation.”

“We have martial law. What that means – and my colleagues know what it means – is that you can put a bill on in just minutes.”

“You know that I'm going to, first of all, denounce the utilization of this intrusion of Wikipedia, through the Russian intrusion. That's what this is about.

“Maybe I should offer a good thanks to the distinguished members of the majority, the Republicans, my chairman and others, for giving us an opportunity to have a deliberative constitutional discussion that reinforces the sanctity of this nation and how well it is that we have lasted some 400 years, operating under a constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not.”

(July 25, 2010) “And I want to say to my colleagues that I stand here asking us to do what we did not do in Vietnam. Was to recognize the valiant and outstanding service of our men and women. And to understand that victory had been achieved. Today we have two Vietnams, side by side, North and South, exchanging and working. We may not agree with all North Vietnam is doing, but they are living in peace. I would look for better human rights record for North Vietnam, but they're living side by side. Because that was a civil war. And because the leadership of this nation did not listen to the mothers and fathers who borned the burden of 58,000 dead and did not declare victory, the mounting death, the violence continued going up and up. Rather than understanding the political nature of the war in Vietnam, we did not listen to those families.”

“You don't understand. I am a queen, and I demand to be treated like a queen.”

"I happen to represent Enron here in Houston. We have many good corporate citizens here in Houston. Enron happened to have been one."

She once asked a NASA administrator if a Mars rover would be able to send back photos of the place where Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin planted the American flag.
@catfish1957
It's a good hand, I'll give you that but We have Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Lee, Linda Sanchez and all the other members of La Raza in Congress. I'd say that gives California the winni.............er, losing hand. I mean how can you top, and mind you this is just good old Nancy, "We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it." “It’s almost a false argument to say we have a spending problem.” "I don't remember saying that everybody in the country would have a lower premium.""While their family members were fighting for freedom for America and for the world, they were in camps. And they came for them. And now they are coming for the dreamers."
"Nancy Pelosi said that building a wall will violate the rights of "millions of 'illegals.'' "Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs." "Hamas is a humanitarian organization." " I believe in natural gas as a clean, cheap alternative to fossil fuels." "You cannot cut your way to deficit reduction"" Let's talk about where a more serious structure might be necessary, where fencing will do or mowing the grass so that people can't be smuggled through the grass. That's something -- levies, technology, personnel," " "But I do want to say to you, that in our sanctuary cities, our people are not disobeying the law," Pelosi said. "These are law-abiding citizens, it enables them to, to be there without being reported to ICE in case of another crime that they might bear witness to." "Economists agree that unemployment benefits remain one of the best ways to grow the economy in a very immediate way,"

:thud:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 04:17:22 am by GtHawk »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2018, 04:52:54 am »
You don't have ALL the La Razas.  We have the fat pig Raul Grijalva.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2018, 06:36:34 am »
You don't have ALL the La Razas.  We have the fat pig Raul Grijalva.
Okay, not all, just most. You know this is a really crappy game to win at. 9999hair out0000

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2018, 11:10:44 am »

Chris Hansen  Verified account @tankcat
Apr 6

I was at an event once where they had a s'mores station. I was roasting two marshmallows to make me & my fiancé s'mores. Blake Farenthold rolled up with six mallows on a skewer, roasted all six & then ate them like they were corn on the cob. So that's my Blake Farenthold story.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org