Author Topic: Trouble brews for James Comey as he prepares to break silence with book tour  (Read 442 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trouble brews for James Comey as he prepares to break silence with book tour
Washington Examiner, Apr 7, 2018, Daniel Chaitin

In less than two weeks, James Comey is poised to begin a book tour and break his silence about his experience serving as FBI director before he was fired last summer by President Trump.

Beyond the occasional tweet in which he has defended an embattled FBI from Trump's criticisms, Comey has largely kept out of the public eye while wrapping up his book, titled “A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership." But with April 17, the day his memoir hits bookshelves, fast approaching, a number of potential complications have arisen.

An ex-FBI supervisory special agent put it bluntly on Saturday when he said he has no issue with Comey, now a private citizen, selling books and charging $1,000 tickets for people to hear him speak, but that the timing of the media blitz was the issue.

"There are two major consequential probes going on right now. The Russia probe ... and with the findings not being released yet, James Comey is putting himself into a perjury trap position. He will be talking about things – meaning his interactions with the president – he had nine separate interactions either on the phone or in person with the president, and he's going to set himself up to purposefully or unwittingly saying something that is not consistent with what he's going to have told the special prosecutor," James Gagliano said during an interview on CNN, referring to special counsel Robert Mueller.

More: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trouble-brews-for-james-comey-as-he-prepares-to-break-silence-with-book-tour

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
He's already perjured himself several times but I seriously doubt anything will ever be done about it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Concerned

The “trouble brewing” seems to be if Comey says something in the book inconsistent with what he told Mueller.  I seriously doubt Comey or his legal team are stupid enough to let that happen, but if they are, then they deserve whatever “trouble” comes their way. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
The guy should be in jail. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline aligncare

The guy should be in jail.

The way Comey delivered that July exoneration of Hillary was absolutely galling.