Author Topic: Trump: DACA solution should be a 'bill of love'  (Read 9807 times)

Offline Fantom

Re: Trump: DACA solution should be a 'bill of love'
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2018, 04:30:33 am »

They need to get something by March or DACA protection begins to expire, unless it’s extended again.  We’ll see what happens with the short term resolution on funding by Jan 19th.

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/04/575438399/republicans-and-democrats-seek-path-to-daca-deal-in-coming-weeks

Finally , some reason. Well done edcp.

I expect little to be done until after midterms. It is going to be Judge confirmations, continuing spending resolution's and kick the can down the road.

2019 the R's will hope to retain the House... and add 6-9 Senators. If the economy is as sound as it would appear to be. Then expect some movement.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2018, 04:31:46 am »
Maybe its wrong but I just love the endless laughs Trump's betrayal of his fans brings.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2018, 05:05:10 am »
I apologize for what I said in mentioning WBC,  calling the president of the United States a suicide bomber is totally legitimate mainstream civility, attacking someone on the forum personally as has happened by another Never Trumper too, is just normal, along with always polarizing the conversation that others just are adamant about Trump... Some of this is extremely hateful but I guess, if that's not true, it isn't true.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:12:32 am by TomSea »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2018, 05:14:09 am »
“We will break the cycle of amnesty and illegal immigration. We will break the cycle. There will be no amnesty,” he said. “Our message to the world will be this: You cannot obtain legal status or become a citizen of the United States by illegally entering our country. Can’t do it.”

Donald Trump (Liar) September 2016

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-latest-plan-would-target-at-least-5-million-undocumented-immigrants-for-deportation/2016/09/01/d6f05498-7052-11e6-9705-23e51a2f424d_story.html?utm_term=.60ee450b7d19

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2018, 05:15:35 am »
I thought the same thing, but all the folks here telling me it was a sell out move and Trump is a Commie Pinko open borders guy is swaying me. It's hard to argue against a bunch of faceless folks on the internet with pseudonyms telling me what I think is crazy. This is the internet after all and it is never wrong.

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

"They are not in Baghdad.  They are not in control of any airport.  I tell you this.  It is all a lie.  They lie.  It is a hollywood movie.  You do not believe them."

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2018, 05:16:13 am »
Then expect some movement.

It's government man. The only movement we will see is a bowel movement. It's their go to move.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2018, 05:17:48 am »
"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

"They are not in Baghdad.  They are not in control of any airport.  I tell you this.  It is all a lie.  They lie.  It is a hollywood movie.  You do not believe them."

See. Now that makes a lot of sense to me. Think I'm going with your logic on this.....until someone else posts something.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2018, 06:02:59 am »
A pathway to citizenship is not "amnesty".   It's just a pathway to citizenship, that must be earned.

Really?  How have they earned their amnesty in the past?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2018, 06:14:50 am »
No they are squatters in My Home, not their home.

BOOM, Baby!

That needs a mike drop.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2018, 05:37:24 pm »
He also said all of you put together a Bill and I will sign it whatever it is...

You should listen to the rest of that ......

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2018, 05:38:57 pm »
I thought the same thing, but all the folks here telling me it was a sell out move and Trump is a Commie Pinko open borders guy is swaying me. It's hard to argue against a bunch of faceless folks on the internet with pseudonyms telling me what I think is crazy. This is the internet after all and it is never wrong.

88devil

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2018, 06:02:09 pm »
Really?  How have they earned their amnesty in the past?
The REAGAN 1986 Amnesty together with Chain Migration which Republicans and big talking conservatives have failed to correct, leave us in the demographic squeeze in several key states.

If Trump exchanges 800,000 DACA for ending Chain Migration it will be a Net Win. Bigly
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2018, 06:06:35 pm »
The whole "Love" thing was IMMEDIATELY followed by Trump's demands to end chain migration and the diversity lottery.

This entire thread is a fraud, but that's how we roll, truth seek, in one of the Last of the Mohican "anti-Trump" sites.

I want to give you credit, my friend, because when I was pretty virulently anti-Trump when he was smearing my guys like Walker/Rubio/Cruz you were a stalwart man who always assured that Trump had the right heart and instincts.

I didn't see them at the time, I thought he was a NYC Liberal who was out to destroy the GOP and Conservative movement.

I have never been happier to be wrong in my life.   He is everything you KNEW instinctively he would be.  God bless ya!

:thumbsup:

Yep, agree about @truth_seeker. Ever true to his name.

Online libertybele

« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2018, 06:08:48 pm »
The REAGAN 1986 Amnesty together with Chain Migration which Republicans and big talking conservatives have failed to correct, leave us in the demographic squeeze in several key states.

If Trump exchanges 800,000 DACA for ending Chain Migration it will be a Net Win. Bigly

Last time I commented on Ronnie in here, I was quickly criticized, so I'll refrain. However, I agree, ending chain migration would be HUGE but IMHO the 800,000 need to go.  In fact the 20,000,000+ illegals that are here also need to go!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2018, 06:09:46 pm »
He said he’d sign whatever they brought him, because he trusts the people in the room to bring him something good.  Even if it’s not, he said he’d take the heat because he doesn’t care.  He even suggested bringing back earmarks to promote bipartisanship and he wasn’t joking.

This is what we had warned was Trump's M.O. since before the convention.  He wants to be seen with a 'win', no matter what 'the win' actually is.

And no, he doesn't care about shit except himself and how he is perceived.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2018, 06:17:01 pm »
This is what we had warned was Trump's M.O. since before the convention.  He wants to be seen with a 'win', no matter what 'the win' actually is.

And no, he doesn't care about shit except himself and how he is perceived.

Rush is pretty much confirming this today by saying how Trump did this conference to refute the picture of him painted by the Wolff book.

Some of the Trump sound bites he played seem to confirm this, since he talked about how media figures were calling it the greatest meeting ever until their bosses called to remind them to criticize Trump.

What's more important - Trump's image or immigration reform?  I guess we now know.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2018, 06:18:36 pm »
Yep, agree about @truth_seeker. Ever true to his name.

Trump is El Diablo, since he hasn't in one sweep of his hand (1st year), undone the cumulative impact of Sen. Ted Kennedy's 1960s immigration "reforms," President Reagan's 1986 Amnesty (which left chain migration in place) decades of minimal interior enforcement.

The last time anybody heard of workplace raids was? More than 1/2 of illegals are NOT on the border, remain due to visa overstays. 

@aligncare

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2018, 06:22:49 pm »
Last time I commented on Ronnie in here, I was quickly criticized, so I'll refrain. However, I agree, ending chain migration would be HUGE but IMHO the 800,000 need to go.  In fact the 20,000,000+ illegals that are here also need to go!

Facts are facts and numbers are numbers. If this site is so far gone as to crucify Trump for not solving decades of impacts, from ALL Presidents including Reagan, then so be it.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2018, 06:27:10 pm »
After all the hyperbole about bank robbery and so on, I thought I’d mention a small but significant distinction about immigration.

A violation of federal immigration law to remain in the country without legal authorization is punishable by civil penalties, not criminal.

As for DACA, my parents brought me to America when I was 4-years-old. My memory is a bit vague here but I’m pretty sure they never gave me a straight answer when I queried them if they were committing immigration violations at the time.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2018, 06:33:51 pm »
Facts are facts and numbers are numbers. If this site is so far gone as to crucify Trump for not solving decades of impacts, from ALL Presidents including Reagan, then so be it.

Facts are facts.  Among them are the corrective actions promised in his platform about the decades of illegal immigration and the problems they've caused.  How dare we expect him to do exactly what he said he would.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online libertybele

« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2018, 06:34:41 pm »
After all the hyperbole about bank robbery and so on, I thought I’d mention a small but significant distinction about immigration.

A violation of federal immigration law to remain in the country without legal authorization is punishable by civil penalties, not criminal.

As for DACA, my parents brought me to America when I was 4-years-old. My memory is a bit vague here but I’m pretty sure they never gave me a straight answer when I queried them if they were committing immigration violations at the time.

Wow...interesting that at the age of 4, you were wondering if your parents were committing a crime!  :whistle:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2018, 06:36:35 pm »

With all due respect @truth_seeker I really don't believe TBR has become a site that overly crucifies Trump or likewise overly praises him, It is the rational thinking among US that make this a Conservative Treasure.   
    The direction the owner has set us Briefers upon is one of balance and each day she proves that, shattering previous records on Hits, Posts and New Members (we need more women here). 
    I certainly hope this translates into more donations to keep this place alive without resorting to constant Briefathons that distract and cheapen the Character.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2018, 06:38:57 pm »

Eight days ago over dinner, my brother, a contractor, mentioned he had an employee that was DACA but he let his paperwork expire or something.

He said as employer, he could get huge fines. So he told the fellow to take a 30 day leave of absence, to "get his sh!te straight."

Translated, that means do whatever you need, but don't leave ME exposed financially should your immigration status become an ongoing problem for BOTH of us.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2018, 06:39:15 pm »
I don't recall Don Henley running for president, but, hey, It's wide open now.

But Joe Walsh did.

Online corbe

« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2018, 06:44:20 pm »
    On a Thread about the 'Bill of Love' there has been quite a bit of animosity, some even directed at the site itself.  These Trumper/NeverTrump arguments need to find a more productive way to express our sentiments.

People Puttin' People Down - John Prine 

! No longer available
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.