Author Topic: Trump: DACA solution should be a 'bill of love'  (Read 9746 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Trump: DACA solution should be a 'bill of love'
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2018, 03:17:08 am »

If you liked what you heard, you’re out of your mind.  Trump said we’d definitely fix DACA, but didn’t give any definites on the other portions.  He said he’d sign whatever they brought him, because he trusts the people in the room to bring him something good.  Even if it’s not, he said he’d take the heat because he doesn’t care.  He even suggested bringing back earmarks to promote bipartisanship and he wasn’t joking.

"If they come to me with things I'm not in love with, I'm going to do it, because I respect them."

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2018, 03:18:27 am »
   I'll just wait for Rush to Trumpsplain it further to me tomorrow, on second thought, I'm lying.

You Clintonistas are still struggling.

I heard the Senator from Hawaii ask him DIRECTLY if there was going to be DACA without a Wall he said ... get ready for this ...

NO!

He also said there should be "IMMEDIATE" ... do you understand the word immediate?  ... movement on chain migration and the lottery.

You are one of the countless embarrassing examples of what happened to this once ... seemingly long ago ... conservative site.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2018, 03:20:57 am »

They’re 60 miles west of me, outside Topeka - a local joke and national disgrace.  Nobody takes them seriously.

That wasn't meant as a joke but an insult.

Some members take pleasure of constantly insulting TBR and I ask don't they realize they are a part of TBR and therefore the *joke*/insult is on them......

If they hate TBR so much why are they here?...because I let them speak unlike the site they came from but maybe should go back to.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2018, 03:22:32 am »
You Clintonistas are still struggling.

I heard the Senator from Hawaii ask him DIRECTLY if there was going to be DACA without a Wall he said ... get ready for this ...

NO!

He also said there should be "IMMEDIATE" ... do you understand the word immediate?  ... movement on chain migration and the lottery.

You are one of the countless embarrassing examples of what happened to this once ... seemingly long ago ... conservative site.

He also said all of you put together a Bill and I will sign it whatever it is...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2018, 03:25:51 am »

NO!

He also told millions DIRECTLY he would repeal DACA and deport illegals on day one.  Which time was he lying?  Additionally, he plainly stated he’d sign what they brought him.  I wonder what will happen when it doesn’t include wall funding or chain migration - perhaps both.

Wait until they say they were under the gun to get something by March, couldn’t include everything, but will work on it in the future.  You’ll feel just like Easy-E.....no Vaseline.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2018, 03:26:48 am »
Laura Ingraham is no immigration dove, I don't hear her all upset about this today.

I'll take Laura's words. Maybe that is acceptable to say.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2018, 03:30:27 am »
Laura Ingraham is no immigration dove, I don't hear her all upset about this today.

she's taking Rush's wait and see stance...he wasn't too happy today either...
Support the USO

Offline edpc

« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2018, 03:31:24 am »

Where radio personalities are concerned, Levin has more knowledge and credibility on immigration than Rush, Hannity, Ingraham, or any of you Trump scrotum toters and he was plenty pissed about what he heard today.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:31:45 am by edpc »

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2018, 03:33:57 am »
He also said all of you put together a Bill and I will sign it whatever it is...

KNOWING that there was never going to be an DACA only bill out of the House.

This meeting was a BRILLIANT move after this weekend media crap that he's some goofy fetal-position goofball who has no idea what is happening in or around the Oval Office.

The Left is running out of their bullets.  They tried Russian Collusion, they tried Comey firing-Obstuction, now they're trying 25th Amendment stuff.  I loved today because Trump was the Alpha Male for an HOUR sitting with Dumpster Durbin and Steny Hoyer and Feinswine who were ABSOLUTELY BAITED into an hour long press covered video.

Honestly, this was great because for once, for once, the Democrats had to be themselves on Live Camera in a debate thing.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2018, 03:37:45 am »

We don't know that yet

Honestly, this was great because for once, for once, the Democrats had to be themselves on Live Camera in a debate thing.

I loved watching it..Steny Hoyer looked shaken most of the time..
Support the USO

Offline edpc

« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2018, 03:42:16 am »
This meeting was a BRILLIANT move after this weekend media crap that he's some goofy fetal-position goofball who has no idea what is happening in or around the Oval Office.

Yes, it was positively BRILLIANT the way he showed he wasn’t the least bit serious about his original positions on immigration and is completely willing to trust people like Durbin, Schumer, and Graham-nesty to bring him a good solution.

A lot of you are going to wish he was insane when this shit show is finally over.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:43:15 am by edpc »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2018, 03:59:06 am »
I will say this, then I am off to bed.
Anyone who thinks a politician is always 100% right, or always 100% wrong, needs to take it up with their shrink.
Been voting since Reagan v Carter, and all have let me down, or made a mistake, or a guffaw.
Kiss your spouses, kids, grandkids, etc.
Thank God we can laugh and argue a bit.
In that order....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2018, 03:59:54 am »
I will say this, then I am off to bed.
Anyone who thinks a politician is always 100% right, or always 100% wrong, needs to take it up with their shrink.
Been voting since Reagan v Carter, and all have let me down, or made a mistake, or a guffaw.
Kiss your spouses, kids, grandkids, etc.
Thank God we can laugh and argue a bit.
In that order....

Great points.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2018, 04:03:59 am »

Yes, it was positively BRILLIANT the way he showed he wasn’t the least bit serious about his original positions on immigration and is completely willing to trust people like Durbin, Schumer, and Graham-nesty to bring him a good solution.

A lot of you are going to wish he was insane when this shit show is finally over.

He did terminate DACA within what he could as President. These arguments are disingenuous:

Trump terminates DACA program that protects Dreamers, urges Congress to pass legislation

Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced that the government will renew DACA permits until March 5, 2018, on a case-by-case basis, but will not accept any new applications.

https://www.univision.com/univision-news/immigration/trump-terminates-daca-program-that-protects-dreamers-urges-congress-to-pass-legislation

It is amazing that, someone said "if one hates the website so much", well, it isn't that, it's what Never Trumpers, National Review, etc. do and say that is pitiful, nothing has been worked out and for always we hear you saying "well, Trump lied about DACA" or some who really say ignominious things; but I'm not sure if this is so. The folks having their pitchforks out and saying this happened. There is procedure.

How did Univision write this story up this way?

Offline edpc

« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2018, 04:05:39 am »
Great points.

She was a black-haired beauty with big dark eyes
And points all her own sitting way up high

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BFRVegQZ_r0

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2018, 04:06:52 am »
They were brought here as children.  They should not be punished for the sins of their parents.  It is appropriate to set up rules by which they can remain here legally and, perhaps in the future if they earn it, become citizens.

I have no issue with it if it is tied to much tighter border security so when we do send the really bad ones back, it's the last we see of them.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Fantom

« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2018, 04:13:51 am »

I voted for Trump, not because my vote mattered in my State. But rather because I could not not vote my conscience.   Hat tip Ted

So far it has been a really good vote. I am waiting to see on this.

My take is that Trump put the dems/leadership on reality TV.... they did not like it at all. Indies are going to like the "outreach".  And Trumps approvals are going to 44%.

Nothing on this is going to be done until after midterms. There is not going to be a government shutdown over DACA.... mores the pity.

LOL, Trump owned 'Em.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2018, 04:14:28 am »
He did terminate DACA within what he could as President.

No, it was implemented by EO and he could have recinded it immediately.  The fact The Weekly Standard, run by RINO extraordinaire Bill Kristol, said he shouldn’t and recommended the course he eventually followed shows what a terrible idea it was.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/how-trump-can-repeal-and-replace-daca/article/2005986
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 04:25:00 am by edpc »

Offline Fantom

« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2018, 04:16:17 am »
I have no issue with it if it is tied to much tighter border security so when we do send the really bad ones back, it's the last we see of them.

That would take the Vlad Tepes approach to boarder control.

I am fine with that.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline TomSea

« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2018, 04:17:58 am »
We have a president that has accomplished endless conservative causes, defeated ISIS, stood up to North Korea, a crisis dying down, recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, has done very well on religious and social issues as well.

To just hear so-called conservatives finding a needle and a haystack and now griping.

"Kind of like letting a bank robber keep the money they stole as long as they claim it on their taxes."

And just spoke up for immigration the other day with that World War I speech and his grandfather serving in the US armed forces, thanking him for his duty... still, this is what we are going with, with mostly so-called Cruz-ers but when it comes down to rolling up one's sleeves and getting something done, it falls short.

You already have the Senators taking sides on this, Trump has wanted to get a bill that can pass, please as many as possible, I don't hear this "submission" because your guy and your guys have gotten nothing done. Nothing finalized so this comes out as just sour grapes.

Oceander

« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2018, 04:19:04 am »
I smell more sell-out coming.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2018, 04:20:57 am »
I smell more sell-out coming.

What...McCain is coming back?  :rolling:

Frederick Douglass

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2018, 04:22:26 am »
We have a president that has accomplished endless conservative causes, defeated ISIS, stood up to North Korea, a crisis dying down, recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, has done very well on religious and social issues as well.

To just hear so-called conservatives finding a needle and a haystack and now griping.

"Kind of like letting a bank robber keep the money they stole as long as they claim it on their taxes."

And just spoke up for immigration the other day with that World War I speech and his grandfather serving in the US armed forces, thanking him for his duty... still, this is what we are going with, with mostly so-called Cruz-ers but when it comes down to rolling up one's sleeves and getting something done, it falls short.

You already have the Senators taking sides on this, Trump has wanted to get a bill that can pass, please as many as possible, I don't hear this "submission" because your guy and your guys have gotten nothing done. Nothing finalized so this comes out as just sour grapes.

???

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2018, 04:23:01 am »

The Left is running out of their bullets.  They tried Russian Collusion, they tried Comey firing-Obstuction, now they're trying 25th Amendment stuff.  I loved today because Trump was the Alpha Male for an HOUR sitting with Dumpster Durbin and Steny Hoyer and Feinswine who were ABSOLUTELY BAITED into an hour long press covered video.

I thought the same thing, but all the folks here telling me it was a sell out move and Trump is a Commie Pinko open borders guy is swaying me. It's hard to argue against a bunch of faceless folks on the internet with pseudonyms telling me what I think is crazy. This is the internet after all and it is never wrong.

Offline edpc

« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2018, 04:23:42 am »
Nothing on this is going to be done until after midterms. There is not going to be a government shutdown over DACA.... mores the pity.

They need to get something by March or DACA protection begins to expire, unless it’s extended again.  We’ll see what happens with the short term resolution on funding by Jan 19th.

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/04/575438399/republicans-and-democrats-seek-path-to-daca-deal-in-coming-weeks