Author Topic: Trump: DACA solution should be a 'bill of love'  (Read 9824 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Trump: DACA solution should be a 'bill of love'
« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2018, 06:46:50 pm »

Facts are facts.  Among them are the corrective actions promised in his platform about the decades of illegal immigration and the problems they've caused.  How dare we expect him to do exactly what he said he would.
[/b]

Yes.  How dare ANYONE to do what he said he would do.

Because, everyone KNEW he was just playing 6th dimensional chess and he didn't really mean it, he said what he needed to to WIN.

SUCKERS.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline aligncare

« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2018, 06:51:53 pm »
Wow...interesting that at the age of 4, you were wondering if your parents were committing a crime!  :whistle:

Come on liberty, you are not that slow that you don’t recognize sarcasm..

A four-year-old querying his parents on immigration law?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2018, 06:56:47 pm »
I love the plethora of opportunities Trump presents for NeverTrumpers, who are always first on the draw, to be dead wrong.

So far, they’re batting 1000.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2018, 07:01:55 pm »
If and when WE get ready to truly solve our immigration problem we should look at simply adopting Mexico's immigration laws as our own!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Mexico
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2018, 07:03:16 pm »
I love the plethora of opportunities Trump presents for NeverTrumpers, who are always first on the draw, to be dead wrong.

Jury's still out @aligncare we're only 25% through his Administration.
   Sure there are quite a few of us NOT on the Trump Train but as I mentioned earlier many of us are starting to make that long, arduous journey toward the Train Station only a few want to 'burn it down' as some of you Trumpers suspect.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2018, 07:04:30 pm »

No worry. My MIL came here from Italy around 1946. Italy was torn by war. She was probably entirely legal since she was about to enter an old world arranged marriage.

She was the middle child of three, who had lost their parents during childhood, and grew up with Aunts, Uncles etc. The eldest boy had been drafted into Mussolini's army, taken POW, escaped, and after the war he wanted to join his sister in America.

He came to visit as a tourist, met a woman (also Italian, medical student at USC) and fell in love. He would then exhaust various means and methods to gain permanent entry, to become a legal resident--which he did. In fact for his eulogy, his SIL emphasized how proud he was to have taken the legal path.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2018, 07:05:55 pm »

Actually, you can't be that slow not to recognize my sarcasm ... please note: " :whistle:"  Good grief!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2018, 07:11:27 pm »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2018, 07:14:24 pm »
Levin pretty much devoted yesterday's show to the DACA meeting.  Personally, I have a difficult time listening to him, because his voice is a bit shrill for me.  Nevertheless, he's dead on in his analysis.  It's worth the listen if you have time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p7bq7GXKxas
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2018, 07:18:34 pm »
Levin pretty much devoted yesterday's show to the DACA meeting.  Personally, I have a difficult time listening to him, because his voice is a bit shrill for me.  Nevertheless, he's dead on in his analysis.  It's worth the listen if you have time.

Levin reads much better than he listens.  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2018, 07:28:19 pm »

I'm listening now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2018, 07:35:14 pm »

Why not? Amy Carter, at the ripe old age of 9, advised her father on the dangers of nuclear proliferation.  lol

No such luck with my kids or grandson. It's basketball season, and my 7YO grandson is focused on the Zags. Kid's a sports freak, just like his Opa at that age. He had two library books in his backpack yesterday, both about a couple of NFL teams (Pats and Steelers).

Sorry for being O/T, but my parents didn't mind me reading nothing but sports books outside of school. I was reading, and that's what mattered.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline edpc

« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2018, 07:35:35 pm »
Levin reads much better than he listens.  ^-^

Always reminded me of tomcats fighting in the alley.     ***evilkitty

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2018, 07:38:31 pm »
   Jury's still out @aligncare we're only 25% through his Administration.
   Sure there are quite a few of us NOT on the Trump Train but as I mentioned earlier many of us are starting to make that long, arduous journey toward the Train Station only a few want to 'burn it down' as some of you Trumpers suspect.

Let me know when you're ready, I have access to (virtual) napalm and (virtual) C4.

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE:  THAT'S A JOKE!!!!!

For those looking for people who really want to burn down the Trump Train Station, I'm sure there's a line a mile long somewhere.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2018, 07:39:25 pm »

Where have the NT's been dead wrong? Educate me...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2018, 07:48:27 pm »
Quick and dirty, "he won't get the nomination, he won't win the election, he won't get anything done, he will self-destruct in a few months, he's incompetent, he's crazy, he won't cut taxes, he won't gain new respect overseas, he won't appoint conservative judges and justices, he will not curtail illegal immigration, ad infinitum"

Now let me anticipate your reply: "that isn't dead wrong"

For which we can start a discussion about how many angels fit on the head of a pin, after which we can debate the nature of pins and angels, after which we can ask how come Reagan did Amnesty without curtailing chain migration?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2018, 07:49:26 pm »

I think the guy is a FOS con artist who believes in very little of what he ran on in 2016, based on previous positions he's taken and books he's written.  There's absolutely zero gain for me in being correct.  I would love to be wrong about believing he'll sell us out.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2018, 07:50:33 pm »

Always reminded me of tomcats fighting in the alley.     ***evilkitty

Well, a single tomcat maybe.

You'd have to add Hannity to have the sound of a legitimate two-cat fight.  ^-^

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2018, 07:52:17 pm »

Oh shit, you just HAD to go there, didn't you?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2018, 07:52:21 pm »

Can you imagine any conservative believing that Trump's been right on everything and people who oppose him wrong on everything??

No??

Can't do it???

Neither can any legit conservative.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #145 on: January 10, 2018, 07:55:10 pm »
Can you imagine any conservative believing that Trump's been right on everything and people who oppose him wrong on everything??

No??

Can't do it???

Neither can any legit conservative.

If I can't do it with Ted Cruz or Ronald Reagan, it can't be done.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #146 on: January 10, 2018, 07:56:17 pm »
Quick and dirty, "he won't get the nomination, he won't win the election, he won't get anything done, he will self-destruct in a few months, he's incompetent, he's crazy, he won't cut taxes, he won't gain new respect overseas, he won't appoint conservative judges and justices, he will not curtail illegal immigration, ad infinitum"

Now let me anticipate your reply: "that isn't dead wrong"

For which we can start a discussion about how many angels fit on the head of a pin, after which we can debate the nature of pins and angels, after which we can ask how come Reagan did Amnesty without curtailing chain migration?

Hmm... my recollection of the people that questioned him, particularly on policy, was that because of his recent change of mind of whether he was a democrat, republican or somewhere in between (well... you know what I mean), that there was no *proof* that he would follow through on his promises that seemed conservative for the most part.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #147 on: January 10, 2018, 08:02:15 pm »
Hmm... my recollection of the people that questioned him, particularly on policy, was that because of his recent change of mind of whether he was a democrat, republican or somewhere in between (well... you know what I mean), that there was no *proof* that he would follow through on his promises that seemed conservative for the most part.

He's exactly what I expected him to be despite the lying cowardice of his slavish devotees who continue to make endless adjustments to stay behind him.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #148 on: January 10, 2018, 08:06:45 pm »
He's exactly what I expected him to be despite the lying cowardice of his slavish devotees who continue to make endless adjustments to stay behind him.

It's just that the constant, unending, hashed and rehashed again and beating the dead horse so much he looks like a run over frog conversation about it is soooooo bleep old and tired.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #149 on: January 10, 2018, 08:08:55 pm »
If I can't do it with Ted Cruz or Ronald Reagan, it can't be done.

Great point.