Author Topic: Trump targets Amazon in call for postal service to hike prices  (Read 8559 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Trump targets Amazon in call for postal service to hike prices
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2017, 12:04:52 am »
:silly:

Yeah I can laugh at my own insult when its funny.

That was funny I don't care who you were using it on.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline libertybele

« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2017, 12:14:10 am »
I've been a Prime member for about 3 years and have absolutely no complaints.  This Christmas I waited till the last minute to send gifts to others and they still were delivered several days before Christmas.  Ordering is a breeze, returns are just as easy and in fact my return experience this year was unbelievable...no need to return the item; and it was left up to me to decide whether to credit the cost of the item back to my credit card or receive an Amazon gift card.  Their customer service is excellent.  I used UPS last year and my items that I ordered the day before Thanksgiving finally arrived 2 days before Christmas after numerous phone calls and many wasted hours. Fedx still has decent delivery.  I'll stick with Amazon, thank you very much.  I have had absolutely no negative experiences with them and I am 100% satisfied with their excellent delivery service.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2017, 12:36:48 am »
Very good point. My Amazon Prime membership is a great bargain. I make full use of it.

--Free two day shipping on qualifying purchases.
--Streaming video content. Part of my "cut the $125 monthly cable" calculation (watched 2 excellent movies last week.)
--Music. (and the technology works such that the use of my "data" is minimal; far less than SiriusXM sat radio)

I got Prime when I got an Alexa last year for my anniversary. The one touch ordering...via Alexa...the speedier shipping...Prime video... and the ability to play my SiriusXM account through an excellent speaker make it worth every penny.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Silver Pines

« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2017, 12:44:03 am »

If Jeff ever gets his way, the sky will be full of Amazon drones.

@edpc

I just had a vision of insect-like things swarming all over the place.  I'm going to bed now.

Silver Pines

« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2017, 12:45:16 am »
:silly:

Yeah I can laugh at my own insult when its funny.

@Cripplecreek

Lol, you remember it?  Somebody briefly had a TURN thread going and that guy was mad about two people kissing in a barn.  I literally LMAO'd at your answer.

Silver Pines

« Reply #130 on: December 31, 2017, 12:48:54 am »
No, wait...my ass is still on, so not literally.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #131 on: December 31, 2017, 12:53:20 am »
@Cripplecreek

Lol, you remember it?  Somebody briefly had a TURN thread going and that guy was mad about two people kissing in a barn.  I literally LMAO'd at your answer.

Well ya know, people didn't have sex back in those days....

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2017, 01:41:01 am »
No, wait...my ass is still on, so not literally.

Then turn your ass off  :silly: :silly: :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2017, 01:44:48 am »

I ain't touching that with a 10 foot poll

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2017, 01:59:15 am »

Who are you trying to kid?  Of course you would try.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2017, 02:01:00 am »
Why should people who have to put a first-class stamp on an envelope to mail a bill be subsidizing your Amazon service?  It's great that you can get it, but you should be paying your fair share of the cost of getting your stuff delivered.
@Oceander

I pay Amazon a hefty sum every year to have Prime.  I figured that pays for postage, even if it is reduced for them by the post office (and reduced for other companies).  If one doesn't have Prime, one pays the postage for every package.  I buy almost everything I need/want there, so I likely save on postage by having Prime.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2017, 02:03:28 am »
Who are you trying to kid?  Of course you would try.

And score.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2017, 02:13:04 am »
@Oceander

I pay Amazon a hefty sum every year to have Prime.  I figured that pays for postage, even if it is reduced for them by the post office (and reduced for other companies).  If one doesn't have Prime, one pays the postage for every package.  I buy almost everything I need/want there, so I likely save on postage by having Prime.

Walmart has Ensure...... I kid  :laugh:

I use a lot of Amazon too, although the last few years one needs to look around as Amazon does not always have the best price. I would say about 60/40 on that with Amazon on top.

I too am an Amazon Prime member...for a very long time. $100.00 a year buys a lot. With the vid streaming of movies alone. After college football..., I may well drop dish network for 6-8months. Savings..... over $500.00 a year.

Meh... maybe worth the trouble.

However, I do not see any problem with USPS actually making a small profit delivering packages. Heaven forbid government working at a profit for services rendered.... I'll pay more for Prime to save on taxes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:13:34 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline DB

« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2017, 02:58:54 am »

I use a lot of Amazon too, although the last few years one needs to look around as Amazon does not always have the best price. I would say about 60/40 on that with Amazon on top.

I too am an Amazon Prime member...for a very long time. $100.00 a year buys a lot. With the vid streaming of movies alone. After college football..., I may well drop dish network for 6-8months. Savings..... over $500.00 a year.

Meh... maybe worth the trouble.

However, I do not see any problem with USPS actually making a small profit delivering packages. Heaven forbid government working at a profit for services rendered.... I'll pay more for Prime to save on taxes.

You have to be very careful reordering something on Amazon. Most of the time in my experience the price is much higher on the same item if you simple reorder it instead of carefully search for the best price all over again.

The post office sets their shipping prices, not Amazon. If the post office is pricing their services too low that's the post office's fault not Amazon's (or Wal-Mart's, etc). I don't understand why people want to blame Amazon and not the actual source of the problem, if it is a problem.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2017, 11:59:21 am »
Amazon sucks.  It is a crutch for lazy people who won't get off their fat asses and go shopping.  Bezo's is a Taker.  Low wage payer, a smoker, a joker and a midnite toker who only cares about his own fat self.

@WineNot

Something tells me that you don't like progress..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #140 on: December 31, 2017, 01:15:04 pm »

@WineNot

I work an odd evening shift of 5:30 to 11:30 5 days per week and another 4 morning hours (10AM to 2PM) 2 or 3 days per week but I'm too lazy to make another trip to town to shop for some doodad that may not be readily available at the counter.

That's about 20 minutes each way on every trip, so yeah, I'm too lazy to shop.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #141 on: December 31, 2017, 01:27:26 pm »
Well, buy in bulk, get a lower price.

Law of unintended consequences?

I never bother reading the endless pile of Grocery Store flyers I get, which also get a reduced rate, as bulk.

But lottsa folks do. Think about all the Coupon Clippers holding you up in line.

Cut out Amazon and you set a precedent for cutting out All bulk mail rates.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline WingNot

« Reply #142 on: December 31, 2017, 01:31:06 pm »

@WineNot

Not when the progress reduces interpersonal communication, leads to isolation, and anti-social behavior.

Silver Pines

« Reply #143 on: December 31, 2017, 02:18:28 pm »
Well ya know, people didn't have sex back in those days....

@Cripplecreek

Babies were all found under Abe’s cabbages, when he could manage to grow some, that is.

Silver Pines

« Reply #144 on: December 31, 2017, 02:19:28 pm »

@goodwithagun

I sat on the switch and it broke!

Silver Pines

« Reply #145 on: December 31, 2017, 02:21:12 pm »

@ WineNot

I know you’re dying to, so I give you credit for restraint.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #146 on: December 31, 2017, 02:24:11 pm »
@ WineNot

I know you’re dying to, so I give you credit for restraint.

It was a large target.

Silver Pines

« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2017, 02:26:14 pm »
I've been a Prime member for about 3 years and have absolutely no complaints.  This Christmas I waited till the last minute to send gifts to others and they still were delivered several days before Christmas.  Ordering is a breeze, returns are just as easy and in fact my return experience this year was unbelievable...no need to return the item; and it was left up to me to decide whether to credit the cost of the item back to my credit card or receive an Amazon gift card.  Their customer service is excellent.  I used UPS last year and my items that I ordered the day before Thanksgiving finally arrived 2 days before Christmas after numerous phone calls and many wasted hours. Fedx still has decent delivery.  I'll stick with Amazon, thank you very much.  I have had absolutely no negative experiences with them and I am 100% satisfied with their excellent delivery service.

@libertybele

Damn.  I feel so left out.  No streaming speed, no Prime.  And I don’t live in a swamp—-I live two minutes from a state highway.

When you have to make returns, do you pay return shipping costs?

Silver Pines

« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2017, 02:37:51 pm »

@Fantom

No, you don’t.  You just wanted to make a mocking remark about her age and then try to disown it.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:53:36 pm by mystery-ak »

Silver Pines

« Reply #149 on: December 31, 2017, 02:39:57 pm »
Not when the progress reduces interpersonal communication, leads to isolation, and anti-social behavior.

@WineNot

Returning the favor and not going there.