Author Topic: Joe Biden Can Beat Trump in 2020, but Will the Democratic Party Let Him Run?  (Read 3634 times)

Offline Concerned

Why do you think I'm attacking you?  I think you are wrong about everything but that's not a sin.  The tax bill is very popular and will be even more so when people figure out what they'll be saving.

There are several former Never Trumpers on this very thread who have changed their minds about Trump and now think he's doing well.

If you extrapolate that into the entire electorate, I would say Trump is more popular.

It's hard to keep perspective when 95% of the Media is violently opposed to Trump and not above lying about him.

But, hey, you have a very good year in 2018 and I hope you perk up.

Well, I certainly consider someone telling me that I’m “blind to reality” as attacking me.  I just think personal attacks are especially unnecessary (and unhelpful to discussion) when they are in response to a post like I made that included the data and rationale for why I think it will be difficult for the President to be reelected.  What reality was I blind to in my post?  If my data and rationale are untrue, let’s discuss what’s inaccurate in the data and evidence I posted.  If there’s truly contradictory evidence and data, let’s get that on the table to discuss.  If attempting to extrapolate TBR behavior nationally is the totality of your logic for why I’m “blind to reality”, I’ll conclude that my view of reality is just fine (especially given the data and evidence I provided previously).  What data do you have that the tax bill is "very popular"?  I haven't seen that.

BTW -- I’m plenty perky thanks.  Unfortunately, my 2018 is starting off poorly due to a Federal tax increase.   8888crybaby
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 05:11:52 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
:bigsilly:

Have you actually read any of the details of the tax bill?  Have you worked out how it will affect you now and down the road?

I have not read the entire tax bill, but I plan to the minute I finish War and Peace.

I understand that it can negatively affect people who pay large state taxes but I think this is mostly offset by a larger standard deduction.

Our goal is to eliminate all deductions and pay a flat tax, also eliminating the IRS.  We're not there yet.

Everyone has a pet thing they want to deduct.  A woman in my church is furious because the 'adoption deduction' has been eliminated.  She points out to me that adoption is needed but very expensive.

By the way, you haven't mentioned any specifics either ... so what are your main gripes.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Well, I certainly consider someone telling me that I’m “blind to reality” as attacking me.  I just think personal attacks are especially unnecessary (and unhelpful to discussion) when they are in response to a post like I made that included the data and rationale for why I think it will be difficult for the President to be reelected.  What reality was I blind to in my post?  If my data and rationale are untrue, let’s discuss what’s inaccurate in the data and evidence I posted.  If there’s truly contradictory evidence and data, let’s get that on the table to discuss.  If attempting to extrapolate TBR behavior nationally is the totality of your logic for why I’m “blind to reality”, I’ll conclude that my view of reality is just fine (especially given the data and evidence I provided previously).  What data do you have that the tax bill is "very popular"?  I haven't seen that.

BTW -- I’m plenty perky thanks.  Unfortunately, my 2018 is starting off poorly due to a Federal tax increase.   8888crybaby

Okay.  Gotcha.  I wanted the word 'snowflake' banned but maybe we still need it.

Wait until you've been attacked as much as I have and then you will think my little dig about reality is a walk in the park.

Offline musiclady

I would love to have Crazy Uncle Joe run against an actual conservative Republican candidate in 2020.

Unfortunately, neither is going to happen, I fear.........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Concerned

Okay.  Gotcha.  I wanted the word 'snowflake' banned but maybe we still need it.

Wait until you've been attacked as much as I have and then you will think my little dig about reality is a walk in the park.

"Dig".  "Personal attack".  Whatever you want to call it.  I'm attempting to encourage respectful, substantive dialogue without "little digs".  I haven't seen and can't find evidence that this "tax bill is very popular" as you stated, any chance you could provide your source for that?  Thanks in advance. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
"Dig".  "Personal attack".  Whatever you want to call it.  I'm attempting to encourage respectful, substantive dialogue without "little digs".  I haven't seen and can't find evidence that this "tax bill is very popular" as you stated, any chance you could provide your source for that?  Thanks in advance.

Oh, how I wish that people would be nicer here.  There is way too much in the way of personal attacks and vulgarity and just plain nastiness.

I will try to respect your extreme sensitivity in the future.  I didn't realize that disagreeing constituted a personal attack.

Even a few democrats have admitted MOST middle-class families will benefit by the new tax law.

Not sure how I can prove it to you so won't try.

Offline Concerned

Oh, how I wish that people would be nicer here.  There is way too much in the way of personal attacks and vulgarity and just plain nastiness.

I will try to respect your extreme sensitivity in the future.  I didn't realize that disagreeing constituted a personal attack.

Even a few democrats have admitted MOST middle-class families will benefit by the new tax law.

I certainly don’t have “extreme sensitivity”.  I can mix it up with the best of them.  I can name-call, call folks liars, attack their intellect, provide little digs at people, etc.  I just try not to and encourage others not to because I don’t find that intellectually challenging or constructive dialogue and discussion.  I just think folks should be able to disagree on policy without turning on each other personally. 

Relative to the tax bill being very popular as you stated, I didn’t ask for you to prove anything.  I simply asked for the source of your assertion.  It’s tough for those of us who you claim are “blind to reality” to see your reality if you refuse to share its sources with us.  Oh well.   :seeya:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 06:25:08 pm by Concerned »

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Just gotta keep up with the personal attacks, huh?   Sad.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline RoosGirl

I'm pretty sure that Joe could have beaten Trump in 2016, just like I'm pretty sure that Bernie could have beaten him.  Trump better up his game bigly if he wants to retain in 2020.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm pretty sure that Joe could have beaten Trump in 2016, just like I'm pretty sure that Bernie could have beaten him.  Trump better up his game bigly if he wants to retain in 2020.

Bang the drum for the NT'ers.  Put your rally caps on!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Joe Biden couldn't beat a drum with the instructions printed on the drumhead!

He is nothing more than the AFL-CIO puppet he has always been and nothing more.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

I don't have a cap, you nut.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I don't have a cap, you nut.

A beanie with a propeller then? You would look fine in a beanie.

Offline RoosGirl

A beanie with a propeller then? You would look fine in a beanie.

I look fine in anything, but that's beside the point.  I told you it would take flattery *and* a Tiffany's box to get anywhere with me.

Offline Wingnut

I look fine in anything, but that's beside the point.  I told you it would take flattery *and* a Tiffany's box to get anywhere with me.

Well at least you settled on a price!  Still....To rich for my blood.   :cool:

Offline RoosGirl

Well at least you settled on a price!  Still....To rich for my blood.   :cool:

Sorry for your confusion, that's not settled, that's just for the privilege of sitting at the table with a glass of water.  Wine will Not even be served.

Offline Suppressed

So?

That doesn't mean it's a popular move. 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
So?

Good Lord.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You gotta cut those NT'ers a little slack.  It's been a hard time for them.  Trump is doing pretty well and they are digging out old insults and scraping out the bottom of the barrel to find things to criticize.

For example, Trump has not yet cured cancer, although I'm pretty sure he promised to.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
So?

We have long since passed the point where the public has learned it can vote itself largesse from the public trough.

Until they understand that it's Their and their progeny's wealth and well being that are being squandered, popular will remain a construct from a Fellini movie.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com