Author Topic: Woman accuses United of giving her first-class seat to Sheila Jackson Lee  (Read 3232 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Woman accuses United of giving her first-class seat to Sheila Jackson Lee
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2017, 02:15:17 pm »
'I'm a queen and I demand to be treated like a queen!' How Congresswoman involved in race row on plane was chauffeured a block to Congress and was nearly banished from an airline before
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5216023/Rep-United-flight-fight-history-bad-behavior.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2017, 04:02:44 pm »
Seems Sheila has stepped on the wrong person here.

Woman accused of racism by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee is human-rights activist

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/27/woman-accused-racism-dem-rep-human-rights-activist/

I saw that on Fox a few minutes ago.

In an ironic turn of events ...  why am I laughing?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
What monopoly?

So predictable.    There really isn't much competition in air travel.    They all price pretty much the same and they all have limited flights.  Most airports only have a small numbernof aitlines that go to certain places.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Lawmaker who ‘booted’ woman from flight once named meanest member of Congress

Bob Fredericks
New York Post
December 27, 2017

The Texas lawmaker accused of big-footing her way into a first-class airline seat has a long history of boorish behavior — on the ground as well as in the air.

Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee regularly plays the race card when criticized and treats her staffers so badly that she was once named the meanest member of Congress by Washingtonian magazine.

According to the Houston Chronicle, she also beat out then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for the “Biggest Drone” category and was also voted “Biggest Windbag” from 1998 through 2006, except for 2000 when the category wasn’t included.

More

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2017, 07:30:20 pm »
And yet the gerrymandered district guarantees her at least 70 percent of the vote every election.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy