Author Topic: Woman accuses United of giving her first-class seat to Sheila Jackson Lee  (Read 3235 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I's is be being rasists against 'cause all dems White peoples is be being rasists!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

@mountaineer

God bless flight attendants, ticketing agents, gate agents and other airline employees.  They have to put up with a lot of cr@p, not just from Lee, but a whole lot of other people who think they are entitled to preferential treatment. 

Traveled to Tampa last month.  On the flight down, some bozo with a huge bag (obviously too large to be considered a carryon) was trying to fit his bag into the overheads.  After a dozen tries without success, a flight attendant quietly informed the man that the bag had to be checked.  He had a fit -- yelling at the attendant for not having an overhead compartment large enough for his oversize bag.  The attendant was thoroughly professional -- firm, but polite.  She calmly told the man the bag had to be checked and if he didn't like it, he could get off the plane.  He finally quieted down and surrendered the bag for check-in. 

I'm glad I rarely had to deal with outside people in my job.   If I encountered someone like that guy or Ms. Lee, I would have decked them.  These airline people have the patience of Job.

Offline mountaineer

Passenger Booted for Sheila Jackson Lee Disputes United Airlines Apologized
(Updated)
BY: Jack Heretik   
December 26, 2017 7:07 pm

United Airlines said on Monday that it had apologized to the customer who was booted from her first-class seat for Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D., Texas), but the customer says she has received no apology.

Jean-Marie Simon was kicked out of her seat for Lee and moved into economy-plus section. United said that it had also given Simon a $500 flight voucher, but Simon says this never occurred.   ...  Free Beacon
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I's is be being rasists against 'cause all dems White peoples is be being rasists!

Well according to Libs...we can't help it...it's on our DNA.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
$500 is just a small dent in a first class ticket. The last time I flew first class was from Chicago to Tel Aviv.
If I remember correctly, it cost somewhere around $3000. I'm not sure because I purchased it through the company I was working for, so I didn't really pay a lot of attention to the exact cost. But, I do know that it was several times $500.

The best first class flight I ever had was Alitalia flying from Rome to Tel Aviv. The waitress had a bottle of wine in her hand the whole flight. And her job was to pace the aisle back and forth looking for an empty glass. Very nice. Very comfortable flight. I gorged on wine and biscotti the whole way. Ah, memories. Couldn't tell you how much it cost. I think it was something like $700. But I paid in lira so it was a crazy price. I can't remember exactly, but it was hundreds of thousands of lira.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 03:28:19 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@mountaineer

God bless flight attendants, ticketing agents, gate agents and other airline employees.  They have to put up with a lot of cr@p, not just from Lee, but a whole lot of other people who think they are entitled to preferential treatment. 

Traveled to Tampa last month.  On the flight down, some bozo with a huge bag (obviously too large to be considered a carryon) was trying to fit his bag into the overheads.  After a dozen tries without success, a flight attendant quietly informed the man that the bag had to be checked.  He had a fit -- yelling at the attendant for not having an overhead compartment large enough for his oversize bag.  The attendant was thoroughly professional -- firm, but polite.  She calmly told the man the bag had to be checked and if he didn't like it, he could get off the plane.  He finally quieted down and surrendered the bag for check-in. 

I'm glad I rarely had to deal with outside people in my job.   If I encountered someone like that guy or Ms. Lee, I would have decked them.  These airline people have the patience of Job.

@Applewood
I fly a lot.  There are a multitude of bad passengers.   Part of it is due to the way airports and airlines treat people.  People get tired, grump and in some cases drunk.    Locking people up in a hot, dirty, stinky, crowded airplane would try even the patience of Job.

Dealing with airport people and the non-professional aircrew that are indeed out there adds insult to injury.

I used to fly a lot, 58 flights in 2016.  Half that in 2017 and hopefully even less in 2018. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Well according to Libs...we can't help it...it's on our DNA.
@txradioguy

What annoys me the most is that Black people constantly claim that the color of their skin is the problem. When their skin color has nothing to do with it, as so many normal Black people know very well. Nobody cares what color someone is. That is not the point at all. It is the kind of person you are that matters.

When I meet someone of any color, who speaks pidgin English, who is constantly angry, who is 'offended' by everything, who can't read or write, can't do any math, can't even read an analog clock, it is very difficult for me to play make-believe, to pretend that they are just like me and my family. They are not. They're not even on the same planet that I and the people around me (of all colors) live on. They live in a different world. A different reality. To pretend that "we are all the same" is total bullshit. "You hate me because I'm Black!" No, I hate you because you're an a-hole. "That's racist!"

Having Black skin does not exempt a person from the normal rules of society, and yet so many Black people have that idea, such as Ms. Lee.
But, I guess in Liberal world if you can pretend that a man is a woman; if you can pretend that a woman is a cat; then pretending that an illiterate felon is the same as everybody else except he just got a 'bad break' is easy to do.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 04:08:32 pm by 240B »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
New Tell-All Story Reveals the Cruel, Selfish, and Downright Bizarre Behavior of Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee

It’s not hard to deduce that Lee, given her ridiculous media interviews and attention-grabbing behavior, is one of the odder elected officials working for us, but to those who have worked for her, or around her, her amusing weirdness is overshadowed by her monstrous behavior and unreasonable cruelty.
You probably know who Texas Democrat Sheila Jackson Lee is, even if she’s not anywhere close to being your representative. You do because she makes sure you do. She’s usually the one making sure she’s within eyeshot, while sometimes wearing colorful attention grabbing outfits that the Queen of England would think are a bit much.

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2017/12/26/new-tell-story-reveals-cruel-selfish-downright-bizarre-behavior-democratic-rep.-sheila-jackson-lee/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

How Sheila Jackson Lee became a US House Representative:

Houston, Texas, wanted a US House district composed mostly of blacks.  In a redistricting year, a gerrymandered district was created.  The lines of this district are jagged, going this way and that way in order to create such a district.  Lee was elected and reelected since then.  In my opinion, she is not very bright, makes foolish statements all the time.  She uses her blackness to create trouble where there is none.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
FTA:
“Since this was not any fault of mine, the way the individual continued to act appeared to be, upon reflection, because I was an African American woman, seemingly an easy target along with the African American flight attendant who was very, very nice,” she said. “This saddens me, especially at this time of year given all of the things we have to work on to help people.”

While it's been expressed a few times that Flight Attendants deserve a lot of sympathy for having to deal with Jackson-Lee's obnoxious attitude, I have to make an exception in this case.  In one of the stories I've seen about the incident, that Flight Attendant mentioned in the highlighted part of my quote above sat next to the lady who got bumped into Economy and asked if she was going to be "a 'problem' passenger," making a clear threat to pull her off the flight entirely if she wasn't extra-compliant.  I expect the FA was also playing the race card in some manner here.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@mystery-ak

How Sheila Jackson Lee became a US House Representative:

Houston, Texas, wanted a US House district composed mostly of blacks.  In a redistricting year, a gerrymandered district was created.  The lines of this district are jagged, going this way and that way in order to create such a district.  Lee was elected and reelected since then.  In my opinion, she is not very bright, makes foolish statements all the time.  She uses her blackness to create trouble where there is none.

The road to Sheila is paved with good intentions.  I don't think that kind of excruciatingly painful redistricting should be allowed.  It's hurt us elsewhere in Texas also but nothing as bad as The Sheila.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The road to Sheila is paved with good intentions.  I don't think that kind of excruciatingly painful redistricting should be allowed.  It's hurt us elsewhere in Texas also but nothing as bad as The Sheila.

Really?

ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT AGAINST DONALD JOHN TRUMP PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA feature image

Offline Applewood

@Applewood
I fly a lot.  There are a multitude of bad passengers.   Part of it is due to the way airports and airlines treat people.  People get tired, grump and in some cases drunk.    Locking people up in a hot, dirty, stinky, crowded airplane would try even the patience of Job.

Dealing with airport people and the non-professional aircrew that are indeed out there adds insult to injury.

I used to fly a lot, 58 flights in 2016.  Half that in 2017 and hopefully even less in 2018.

What is unfortunate is that airlines and TSA have made flying as unpleasant as possible, but the people who have to bear the yelling and occasionally fist fights with passengers are the flight attendants, ticket and gate agents -- they, not the idiots who make stupid decisions and impose punishing rules and regulations, are the public faces and they get all the whiners, complainers and occasionally violent passengers.  My guess is that most of the powers that be don't fly or they fly on private or government planes, they go first class and the rules don't apply to them.  So they have no idea how their decisions and policies make life so miserable for employees and passengers alike.  Or if they do, they just don't care. 

That said, I've had my share of miserable airline employees too.  Mostly this was when US Airways (called Useless Air here) was in business.  Seemed that every time I flew with Useless, it was around the time of a labor dispute.  The employees were mad at management and they took their anger out on the passengers.  Mercifully, Useless Air is no more -- absorbed by American Airlines.  I don't know what American is like.  If I'm going to fly now, I go with Southwest.  Southwest knows what customer service is.

Offline RetBobbyMI

$500 is just a small dent in a first class ticket. The last time I flew first class was from Chicago to Tel Aviv.
If I remember correctly, it cost somewhere around $3000. I'm not sure because I purchased it through the company I was working for, so I didn't really pay a lot of attention to the exact cost. But, I do know that it was several times $500.

The best first class flight I ever had was Alitalia flying from Rome to Tel Aviv. The waitress had a bottle of wine in her hand the whole flight. And her job was to pace the aisle back and forth looking for an empty glass. Very nice. Very comfortable flight. I gorged on wine and biscotti the whole way. Ah, memories. Couldn't tell you how much it cost. I think it was something like $700. But I paid in lira so it was a crazy price. I can't remember exactly, but it was hundreds of thousands of lira.
They should have given her her point back too.  $500 for inconvenience on an international flight is peanut crap.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: Woman accuses United of giving her first-class seat to Sheila Jackson Lee
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2017, 07:22:16 pm »
Top contributors 1993-2017
Contributor   Total   Individuals   PACs
Communications Workers of America   $114,000   $0   $114,000
American Assn for Justice   $108,000   $0   $108,000
Laborers Union   $94,000   $0   $94,000
American Federation of State/Cnty/Munic Employees   $84,408   $0   $84,408
National Assn of Realtors   $80,500   $0   $80,500
AT&T Inc   $77,850   $4,350   $73,500
Machinists/Aerospace Workers Union   $76,500   $0   $76,500
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers   $75,000   $0   $75,000
Teamsters Union   $62,000   $0   $62,000
Operating Engineers Union   $54,000   $0   $54,000
National Auto Dealers Assn   $50,500   $0   $50,500
Transport Workers Union   $47,400   $0   $47,400
Service Employees International Union   $42,500   $0   $42,500
International Assn of Fire Fighters   $40,500   $0   $40,500
Enron Corp   $40,200   $20,700   $19,500
Air Line Pilots Assn   $37,000   $0   $37,000
Border Health   $35,000   $0   $35,000
Anheuser-Busch   $34,950   $0   $34,950
International Longshoremens Assn   $34,000   $0   $34,000
National Education Assn   $33,500   -$1,000   $34,500
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2017, 07:37:34 pm »
Congress critters get preferred treatment on airlines.  It isn't advertised by the airlines but they'll bump just about anyone to accommodate one of the ruling class.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
$500 is just a small dent in a first class ticket.

It's worse than I thought.  According to the FreeBeacon story at @mountaineer's link above, they didn't hand her the voucher, they used it to book the Economy Class seat she ended up in, which adds insult to injury because she had already used her bonus miles to pay for the First Class seat she started with.  It appears those were discarded.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

What is unfortunate is that airlines and TSA have made flying as unpleasant as possible, but the people who have to bear the yelling and occasionally fist fights with passengers are the flight attendants, ticket and gate agents -- they, not the idiots who make stupid decisions and impose punishing rules and regulations, are the public faces and they get all the whiners, complainers and occasionally violent passengers.  My guess is that most of the powers that be don't fly or they fly on private or government planes, they go first class and the rules don't apply to them.  So they have no idea how their decisions and policies make life so miserable for employees and passengers alike.  Or if they do, they just don't care. 

That said, I've had my share of miserable airline employees too.  Mostly this was when US Airways (called Useless Air here) was in business.  Seemed that every time I flew with Useless, it was around the time of a labor dispute.  The employees were mad at management and they took their anger out on the passengers.  Mercifully, Useless Air is no more -- absorbed by American Airlines.  I don't know what American is like.  If I'm going to fly now, I go with Southwest.  Southwest knows what customer service is.

I liked US back in the dot com days for travel in the NE.  Lots of flights between the major cities.  I'd get to Reagan about 90 min before my scheduled flight and I was almost always able to hop an earlier flight on the same route.  The planes and the service were noting to brag about, but I wasn't looking to be pampered, I was looking to get from point A to point B with a minimum of waiting around.  Kind of like SW without the jokes.

I don't know what American is like these days, but they used to have their own time zone -- 90 minutes later than whatever the local time was at your destination.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline goodwithagun

Sounds like The Devil Wears JCPenney

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Please tell me you also channeled Zoolander?!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2017, 02:11:02 am »
Seems Sheila has stepped on the wrong person here.

Woman accused of racism by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee is human-rights activist

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/27/woman-accused-racism-dem-rep-human-rights-activist/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Applewood

I liked US back in the dot com days for travel in the NE.  Lots of flights between the major cities.  I'd get to Reagan about 90 min before my scheduled flight and I was almost always able to hop an earlier flight on the same route.  The planes and the service were noting to brag about, but I wasn't looking to be pampered, I was looking to get from point A to point B with a minimum of waiting around.  Kind of like SW without the jokes.

I don't know what American is like these days, but they used to have their own time zone -- 90 minutes later than whatever the local time was at your destination.

I wasn't looking to be pampered by Useless Air.  But being treated like a human being rather than vermin would have been nice.

What really bugged me was that the closest big city to me, Pittsburgh, used to be a US Airways hub.  In those days, hubs had the best airfares.  But Us Airways gouged us. We had to pay through the nose for awful service and surly employees. 

At the time, US Airways had a virtual monopoly on flights to/from Pittsburgh.  The airline owned something like 90-95% of the gates at the airport.  So they could treat passengers badly because, if those passengers wanted to fly, they really had little choice. 

Then things changed, particularly when the new airport was built.  More, better airlines came in and Useless Air lost its near monopoly.  Weird thing is, Useless Air still treated its customers poorly and did nothing like lower fares to try to compete.  When Southwest, Jet Blue and other airlines  came along, I gave up Useless Air for good and so did many others. 

I don't miss US Airways.  It deserved to go under.

rangerrebew

Airline Passenger Accused Of Racism By Sheila Jackson Lee Is A Democratic Spanish Teacher

Posted By Jack Crowe On 2:03 PM 12/27/2017 In | No Comments

The disgruntled United Airlines passenger accused of racism by Texas Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee photographed Guatemalan war crimes, teaches Spanish and is a longtime registered Democrat, according to voting records reviewed by The Daily Caller News Foundation.

Jean Marie Simon, 63, accused United Airlines on Twitter of bumping her from a Dec. 18 flight from Houston to Washington, D.C. in order to accommodate Lee. The airline claims that Simon voluntarily cancelled her flight in the wake of inclement weather reports — a charge Simon vehemently denied. Lee responded with an angry Twitter tirade of her own Tuesday accusing Simon — listed as a “hard Democrat,” in a voter model examined by TheDCNF — of targeting her because of her race. (RELATED: Angry Passenger Says United Gave Her First-Class Seat To Dem Congresswoman)

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/27/airline-passenger-accused-of-racism-by-sheila-jackson-lee-is-a-democratic-spanish-teacher/

Offline driftdiver

That contract for transportation you spent money on really only works when it's convenient for the airline.   They can change it at anytime.

Aren't monopolies fun.

Oceander

That contract for transportation you spent money on really only works when it's convenient for the airline.   They can change it at anytime.

Aren't monopolies fun.

What monopoly?