Author Topic: Alabama certifies Jones Senate victory  (Read 899 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alabama certifies Jones Senate victory
« on: December 28, 2017, 07:17:05 pm »
Alabama certifies Jones Senate victory
By Ben Kamisar - 12/28/17 02:11 PM EST

Alabama has officially certified Democrat Doug Jones's victory in the recent special Senate election, confirming that he'll be the first Democrat to represent the state in the Senate in decades.

The certification, made by top Alabama officials on Thursday afternoon, comes over the protests of Republican Roy Moore, who lost to Jones by about 1.5 percentage points but claims that massive voter fraud tipped the scales.

The official declaration brings to an end an unusual election, one that continued to make headlines for weeks after votes were cast.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/366697-alabama-certifies-jones-senate-victory
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Alabama certifies Jones Senate victory
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 07:29:44 pm »
Is this final enough, to move on to other important topics and issues, of the day?

He lost, it is over. He can sue, but it is highly unlikely it will overturn the election.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Democrat Jones officially declared winner over Roy Moore
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 08:09:48 pm »
Democrat Jones officially declared winner over Roy Moore
Associated Press, Dec 28, 2017

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Democrat Doug Jones' historic victory over Republican Roy Moore was declared official Thursday as Alabama election officials certified him the winner of the special Senate election earlier this month, despite claims of voter irregularities from his opponent.

Jones defeated Moore on Dec. 12 by about 22,000 votes in a stunning victory in a deeply red state. It was the first Democratic Senate victory in a quarter-century in Alabama. Moore was dogged by accusations of sexual misconduct involving teenage girls that occurred decades ago.

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/judge-rejects-roy-moores-suit-in-alabama-senate-race/ar-BBHrXnv?li=AA5a8k&ocid=spartanntp

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Democrat Jones officially declared winner over Roy Moore
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 08:12:23 pm »
Yep! The swamp won this round and I hope all those who helped them do so are proud of themselves.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 08:15:09 pm »
Jones won by a close margin, beating Moore by fewer than 21,000 votes in an election with over 1.3 million votes cast. One factor that most likely broke in Jones' favor was that 22,819 write-in ballots were cast in the staunchly Republican-leaning state.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nick-saban-alabama-election-write-in-votes-2017-12

Thank heaven Republican 3rd-party and write-in voters did not prevail in 2016. 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 08:17:30 pm »
The Bama Rats didn't win a thing in this election.  They lost.  They just don't how badly they will pay for it yet now that the big liberal fatcat money has left the state.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 08:23:09 pm »
Seems a little unrealistic to think that only about 2000 of all the write-ins wouldn't have voted for Moore.

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 08:24:13 pm »
The Bama Rats didn't win a thing in this election.  They lost.  They just don't how badly they will pay for it yet now that the big liberal fatcat money has left the state.

Well, we'll know in short order how serious Jones is about being reelected.  His first Senate vote should give away the plan.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 08:26:25 pm »
Yep! The swamp won this round and I hope all those who helped them do so are proud of themselves.

I doubt Roy Moore is proud of himself for it.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 08:31:42 pm »
Well, we'll know in short order how serious Jones is about being reelected.  His first Senate vote should give away the plan.

As long as he totes his BJ rug for Schmucky Schumer and votes his masters party line he will be kept  as a gopher Sen.  Nothing more that an errand boy for the big wigs.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 08:39:07 pm »
Thank heaven Republican 3rd-party and write-in voters did not prevail in 2016.

They were the difference for Trump in WI and MI last year.  Check the victory margin compared to the votes for Stein. 
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline anubias

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2017, 09:16:46 pm »
As long as he totes his BJ rug for Schmucky Schumer and votes his masters party line he will be kept  as a gopher Sen.  Nothing more that an errand boy for the big wigs.

This ^^^^

Two and gone.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2017, 09:21:26 pm »

Rugs? Wigs? Does Jones wear a toupee?

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2017, 09:44:11 pm »