Author Topic: Joe Biden Can Beat Trump in 2020, but Will the Democratic Party Let Him Run?  (Read 3635 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Can Beat Trump in 2020, but Will the Democratic Party Let Him Run?
By Matthew Cooper On 12/27/17 at 8:00 AM

Five months—five agonizing months. That’s how long it had been since Joe Biden’s eldest son, Beau, died of an aggressive brain tumor. For three years, Joe had cared for Beau, an Iraq War veteran and Delaware’s attorney general, but by the spring of 2015 he was gone. The pain of his son’s death was still raw for the vice president as he stepped behind a microphone in the White House’s Rose Garden in October 2015, flanked by his wife, Jill, and President Barack Obama.

You could see Joe Biden’s hurt; his normally ebullient smile was gone, replaced by a fatigued grimace. Facing a small crowd and live cameras, Biden announced what many had long expected: He would not be running for president in 2016. The longtime senator was not emotionally ready. The “grieving process,” Biden said, “doesn’t respect or much care about things like filing deadlines or debates and primaries and caucuses.”

more
http://www.newsweek.com/2018/01/05/joe-biden-beat-donald-trump-2020-759172.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Joe Biden Can Beat Trump in 2020...

That's as far as I could read without busting out laughing. This is a Left wing circle jerk piece. Next week this Commie jackass will be talking about Moochelle Obumbler being the lock on 2020.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Letting Uncle Creeper back in the White House?  Lends new meaning to #MeToo
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Oceander

Wow. This one’s so deep in Egypt I don’t think he’ll ever find his way out. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I see no reason yet why the American people would decide to abandon this President for what he has accomplished.

In a nutshell, he has Made America Great Again.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Only reason Biden was even on the ticket was to be Obama's Impeachment Insurance.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

I saw Biden when he was on The View talking to Meghan McCain about her father.  All he needs to do to beat Trump, is play that film and everyone, including Republicans (except for the 30+% who are Trump no matter if he shoots someone on Times Square), will vote for him.  It was the kindest view of him I have ever seen and it was real; she began to talk and tears appeared and he got up, moved next to her, and from then on it was only them in that room.

Here is what the article said about that since likely most of you didn't read it:

"In mid-December, he appeared on The View, which is co-hosted by Meghan McCain. Five months earlier, her father, Arizona Senator John McCain, had been diagnosed with cancer—the same aggressive type that killed Beau Biden, whom many thought would become Delaware’s next governor.

As McCain spoke about her father’s illness, and of reading about Beau’s, the former vice president left his seat and plopped down next to her. He then spent the next five minutes comforting McCain and holding her hand. 'One of the things that gave Beau courage—my word—was John,' he told her.

During the 28 years they were colleagues, the two men often disagreed. They were even on opposing presidential tickets, when Obama defeated McCain in 2008. Yet their ideological differences never hurt their friendship.

Biden said to Meghan:  “I know if I picked up the phone tonight and called John McCain and said, ‘John, I’m at Second and Vine in Oshkosh, and I need your help; come,’ he'd get on a plane and come,” Biden told the audience. 'And I would for him too.'"

I don't think there was a dry eye in that room.  I believe every Democrat and enough Independents would vote for him to make him President.

It would be a disaster if he won, but I'm speaking from looking at it from a distance and evaluating the possibility.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Letting Uncle Creeper back in the White House?  Lends new meaning to #MeToo

Newsweek just had to retract a headline story, but since this is one Mag's opinion, I guess it'll fly.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@mystery-ak

I saw Biden when he was on The View talking to Meghan McCain about her father.  All he needs to do to beat Trump, is play that film and everyone, including Republicans (except for the 30+% who are Trump no matter if he shoots someone on Times Square), will vote for him.  It was the kindest view of him I have ever seen and it was real; she began to talk and tears appeared and he got up, moved next to her, and from then on it was only them in that room.

Here is what the article said about that since likely most of you didn't read it:

"In mid-December, he appeared on The View, which is co-hosted by Meghan McCain. Five months earlier, her father, Arizona Senator John McCain, had been diagnosed with cancer—the same aggressive type that killed Beau Biden, whom many thought would become Delaware’s next governor.

As McCain spoke about her father’s illness, and of reading about Beau’s, the former vice president left his seat and plopped down next to her. He then spent the next five minutes comforting McCain and holding her hand. 'One of the things that gave Beau courage—my word—was John,' he told her.

During the 28 years they were colleagues, the two men often disagreed. They were even on opposing presidential tickets, when Obama defeated McCain in 2008. Yet their ideological differences never hurt their friendship.

Biden said to Meghan:  “I know if I picked up the phone tonight and called John McCain and said, ‘John, I’m at Second and Vine in Oshkosh, and I need your help; come,’ he'd get on a plane and come,” Biden told the audience. 'And I would for him too.'"

I don't think there was a dry eye in that room.  I believe every Democrat and enough Independents would vote for him to make him President.

It would be a disaster if he won, but I'm speaking from looking at it from a distance and evaluating the possibility.

There was a dry eye in the room.  Both of mine were dry.  Yes, I'm sure both were displaying genuine emotion but ... it just seemed like a soap opera episode to me.

Offline libertybele

Joe Biden Can Beat Trump in 2020...

That's as far as I could read without busting out laughing. This is a Left wing circle jerk piece. Next week this Commie jackass will be talking about Moochelle Obumbler being the lock on 2020.

:beer:  Ridiculous article; and no, I didn't get past the headline.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

There was a dry eye in the room.  Both of mine were dry.  Yes, I'm sure both were displaying genuine emotion but ... it just seemed like a soap opera episode to me.
@Emjay

I didn't know you were in the room.

Offline Victoria33

:beer:  Ridiculous article; and no, I didn't get past the headline.
@libertybele

Always know what the other side is doing so you won't get caught unawares.

• Wulf Anson Author
Please Joe, please, we're praying for you. May the hand of The Almighty smite your enemies from the road ahead of you to the nomination.

And your staff can get you fitted for a tank.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

This is how Buckshot Joe will get Kim Jong Un to give up his nukes.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

• Wulf Anson Author

This is how Buckshot Joe will get Kim Jong Un to give up his nukes.

! No longer available

Like I said Joe, we're praying for you.

Run Joe Run!

Offline Concerned

I think a better question for the Democrats would be who could they run who couldn’t beat President Trump in 2020?  This President has the lowest approval rating at the end of his first year of any modern-day President.  A majority disapprove of the job he’s doing.  He seems to insist on appealing only to this base.  He has energized the Democratic Party (which, since his election, flipped 15 seats in the Virginia House of Delegates and took a Senate seat in ruby-red Alabama).  He engages in petty squabbles.  He lies, misleads, and makes untrue statements all the time.  I know his base loves him, but I don’t see that he’s done much to increase the 46.1% of the electorate he got in 2016.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I think a better question for the Democrats would be who could they run who couldn’t beat President Trump in 2020?  This President has the lowest approval rating at the end of his first year of any modern-day President.  A majority disapprove of the job he’s doing.  He seems to insist on appealing only to this base.  He has energized the Democratic Party (which, since his election, flipped 15 seats in the Virginia House of Delegates and took a Senate seat in ruby-red Alabama).  He engages in petty squabbles.  He lies, misleads, and makes untrue statements all the time.  I know his base loves him, but I don’t see that he’s done much to increase the 46.1% of the electorate he got in 2016.

I don't see why you would be Concerned.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

I didn't know you were in the room.

Sorry for seeming heartless.  I know both people are genuine in their grief and I've always said that Biden is one of the few likable democrats and I don't really dislike McCain's daughter.

It just seemed that such a maudlin display should be held in private and doing it on TV cheapened it, at least in my (dry) eyes.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You might want to see someone.  Your Trump hatred has blinded you to reality.

Offline Concerned

You might want to see someone.  Your Trump hatred has blinded you to reality.

@Emjay

Rather than attack me, do you have any evidence or data to counter the points I made?  Did I post something factually untrue?  What has the President done to increase the 46.1% of the electorate that voted for him?  The tax bill has about 25% popularity.  Look, I'd welcome a substantive polite dialogue about Trump's chances in 2020 based on facts, evidence, and data, but if all you want to do is attack me and suggest I'm blind to reality, all I'll say is that I hope you have a nice day and a Happy New Year! 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:43:15 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Suppressed

Always know what the other side is doing so you won't get caught unawares.

@Victoria33

Wisdom too oft ignored.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

...Biden is one of the few likable democrats ...

He is despicable.

His wife pulled in front of a truck and killed herself and their child.

Joe Biden waited until the truck driver was dead and couldn't defend himself before implying he was drunk.  The police confirmed he was dead sober and it was entirely his wife's fault...but Biden had to try to slime the poor man.

He's a slug.  And, now we realize, a creep.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

Rather than attack me, do you have any evidence or data to counter the points I made?  Did I post something factually untrue?  What has the President done to increase the 46.1% of the electorate that voted for him?  The tax bill has about 25% popularity.  Look, I'd welcome a substantive polite dialogue about Trump's chances in 2020 based on facts, evidence, and data, but if all you want to do is attack me and suggest I'm blind to reality, all I'll say is that I hope you have a nice day and a Happy New Year!

Why do you think I'm attacking you?  I think you are wrong about everything but that's not a sin.  The tax bill is very popular and will be even more so when people figure out what they'll be saving.

There are several former Never Trumpers on this very thread who have changed their minds about Trump and now think he's doing well.

If you extrapolate that into the entire electorate, I would say Trump is more popular.

It's hard to keep perspective when 95% of the Media is violently opposed to Trump and not above lying about him.

But, hey, you have a very good year in 2018 and I hope you perk up.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
He is despicable.

His wife pulled in front of a truck and killed herself and their child.

Joe Biden waited until the truck driver was dead and couldn't defend himself before implying he was drunk.  The police confirmed he was dead sober and it was entirely his wife's fault...but Biden had to try to slime the poor man.

He's a slug.  And, now we realize, a creep.

Yes, totally agree about Biden.  He is a total creep and a bad person.  I just said he comes across as affable and a nice guy and if one doesn't know anything beyond that, he is likable.

Plus, now that the democrats have jumped on the sexual harassment bandwagon, more attention will be paid to Biden's affection for little girls.

Also, I was comparing him to all the other democrats who are so despicable they cannot pull off the likable factor even for a minute.

Oceander

Why do you think I'm attacking you?  I think you are wrong about everything but that's not a sin.  The tax bill is very popular and will be even more so when people figure out what they'll be saving.

There are several former Never Trumpers on this very thread who have changed their minds about Trump and now think he's doing well.

If you extrapolate that into the entire electorate, I would say Trump is more popular.

It's hard to keep perspective when 95% of the Media is violently opposed to Trump and not above lying about him.

But, hey, you have a very good year in 2018 and I hope you perk up.

:bigsilly:

Have you actually read any of the details of the tax bill?  Have you worked out how it will affect you now and down the road?