Author Topic: Moore accuser shares scrapbook with new evidence of their relationship  (Read 4260 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Moore accuser shares scrapbook with new evidence of their relationship
By Avery Anapol - 12/04/17 05:18 PM EST

A woman who said she dated GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore when she was 17 and he was 34 has presented new evidence of their relationship.

Debbie Gibson, now, 54, was one of the first women to accuse Moore in an explosive Washington Post piece in which four women said Moore pursued them as teenagers, including one who said Moore touched her sexually when she was 14 and he was 32.

The Washington Post reported that while Gibson was retrieving Christmas decorations from her attic, she came across a high school scrapbook that contained a graduation card from Moore.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/363198-moore-accuser-shares-scrapbook-with-new-evidence-of-their-relationship
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Moore accuser shares scrapbook with new evidence of their relationship
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 10:49:47 pm »

Different DG obviously, but I couldn't resist.

Incidentally, I don't think its a coincidence this story finds its way out on the same day Trump tweets 'Vote for Moore' and calls him to say 'Go get 'em.'
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 11:05:00 pm »
Good God. She just happened across this stuff by accident? If this scrap book was important enough to make, she damn well knew about it being around prior to this while all this crap was hot in the news.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 11:09:17 pm »
Good God. She just happened across this stuff by accident? If this scrap book was important enough to make, she damn well knew about it being around prior to this while all this crap was hot in the news.
Obviously they were hoping to string the story along through the election day.

The bad news for them is no one is paying attention to it anymore.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 11:10:14 pm »
She needs profession help.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 11:12:20 pm »
At a Nov. 27 campaign event in the north Alabama town of Henagar, Moore said, “The allegations are completely false. They are malicious. Specifically, I do not know any of these women.”

At a Nov. 29 rally at a church in the south Alabama town of Theodore, Moore said, “Let me state once again: I do not know any of these women, did not date any of these women and have not engaged in any sexual misconduct with anyone.”

“He called me a liar,” said Gibson, who says she not only openly dated Moore when she was 17 but later joined him in passing out fliers during his campaign for circuit court judge in 1982 and exchanged Christmas cards with him over the years. “Roy Moore made an egregious mistake to attack that one thing — my integrity.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/woman-shares-new-evidence-of-relationship-with-roy-moore-when-she-was-17/2017/12/04/0c3d1cde-d903-11e7-a841-2066faf731ef_story.html?utm_term=.24b3f1c27688

Ooops.........looks like they waited, then O'Keefed him.  Now, the narrative will be 'can you believe any of his denials?'

What's going to be really funny is all the non-religious people on the left gasping, 'He lied in church!'

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 11:14:37 pm by edpc »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 11:16:25 pm »
He gave her a graduation card.  I guess they saved the best for last.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline edpc

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 11:22:51 pm »

Well, in her defense, she found them getting the Christmas decorations.  She has a little house, just outside the Saturn suburbs where they orbit every 36 years.

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 11:38:13 pm »
He gave her a graduation card.  I guess they saved the best for last.   *****rollingeyes*****

Yeah, but it sure makes him look bad for saying be neither dated or knew her.  Will it matter to the voters?  Maybe not, because many are tired of the story.  However, if he's seated and faces an ethics investigation, he's already got a problem with credibility.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 11:41:21 pm »

A woman who said she dated GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore when she was 17 and he was 34 has presented new evidence of their relationship.

Debbie Gibson, now, 54, was one of the first women to accuse Moore in an explosive Washington Post piece in which four women said Moore pursued them as teenagers, including one who said Moore touched her sexually when she was 14 and he was 32.

The Washington Post reported that while Gibson was retrieving Christmas decorations from her attic, she came across a high school scrapbook that contained a graduation card from Moore.

I had to read it a couple of times before it sunk in that it was not the 14 y/o claiming this. Funny they word it to make it seem like the 14y/o was the one that presented the so-called evidence. I could care less about the 17 y/o, dated one or two of them myself while I was in my 20s.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 12:18:31 am »
Had two of my Roy Moore yard signs stolen last night.

Yep, then I get news HighWay31 (The Jones PAC) was running this ad on YouTube trying to scare Moore voters away from the polls. Can you say illegal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1dVwVfAbfU

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:32:14 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline edpc

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 12:21:37 am »

Well, those starry-eyed young ladies haven't learned how to reign in their feelings, just yet.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:34:35 am by edpc »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 12:27:48 am »

Yep, then I get news HiWay31 (The Jones PAC) was running this ad on YouTube trying to scare Moore voters away from the polls. Can you say illegal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1dVwVfAbfU
They certainly are stretching the truth implying "Your vote is Public Record" means people can see which candidate you voted for.   Probably legal but highly unethical.  The ad should be pulled by the local channel airing it.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 12:43:53 am »
This doesn't do much but it makes me wonder what else they might have?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 12:44:45 am »
Franken and Charlie Rose and others came at the right time for Moore.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 12:47:39 am »
@Sighlass

That behavior angers me.  When my husband was the Republican County Chair, the Democrat party was run by two convicted criminals.  They and their cronies would steal our Republican signs.  Signs cost money.  They didn't care, steal them anyway.  One year, one of the two criminals ran for the Republican Chairman position, against my husband.  This guy put in our paper, that his qualification for the job was he had been a cheerleader in high school there.  Of course he didn't win; it was just to cause us trouble.  His conviction was sexual behavior with a minor.  He was still on parole when he ran for my husband's position.

If one of our Republicans had stolen a Democrat sign, we would have been all over that person.  No Democrat signs were stolen.

Sorry your signs were taken - it makes one feel like a violation against you has happened.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:50:40 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 12:49:08 am »

Well, those starry-eyed young ladies haven't learned how to reign in their feelings, just yet.

Those starry-eyed ladies are as old as me now. I don't get what you are saying. They went through the Justice Thomas railroading just as I did, and they understand statues of limitations and what their accusations are doing during the heat of a campaign.

Nobody likes taking advantage of women, but nobody likes election tampering either. If you get mistreated ladies, scream good and loud right after it happens. The men in Bama don't care for mistreating ladies no matter who is doing it. But most of us understand crying wolf is a story as old as Joseph in the Bible (who spent 2 years in jail under false witness).

Offline edpc

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 12:59:42 am »
Those starry-eyed ladies are as old as me now. I don't get what you are saying.

It's a reference to his preferred demographic in todays world, but as the saying goes, if you have to explain it.......

Offline Applewood

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 01:09:31 am »
A graduation card with a benign message and her written account of their alleged relationship. 

Still waiting for corroborating evidence and witnesses.  This stuff doesn't corroborate anything.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 07:36:19 am »
@Sighlass

That behavior angers me.  When my husband was the Republican County Chair, the Democrat party was run by two convicted criminals.  They and their cronies would steal our Republican signs.  Signs cost money.  They didn't care, steal them anyway.  One year, one of the two criminals ran for the Republican Chairman position, against my husband.  This guy put in our paper, that his qualification for the job was he had been a cheerleader in high school there.  Of course he didn't win; it was just to cause us trouble.  His conviction was sexual behavior with a minor.  He was still on parole when he ran for my husband's position.

If one of our Republicans had stolen a Democrat sign, we would have been all over that person.  No Democrat signs were stolen.

Sorry your signs were taken - it makes one feel like a violation against you has happened.
My dog has his favorite spot in the yard to take a dump, and it happens to be the most visible spot from the road. I (carefully) put political signs up in the middle of that spot and then do the clean up after the election. This time of year it doesn't smell because the weather is cold, but anyone taking a sign gets to take a souvenir home with them on their shoes, too. I'm sure their car heater boosts the fragrance...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:36:39 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 07:41:09 am »
Article on this at: https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/04/roy-moore-accuser-just-found-note-moore-wrote-17/
Image of note:

Note convenient fingers over the place where "Moore" and "D.A." would be if signed by assistant.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:45:12 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2017, 08:03:56 am »
Note convenient fingers over the place where "Moore" and "D.A." would be if signed by assistant.

Except that still is taken from the video linked to the article in this post.  She moves her hand away and you can plainly see 'Roy' and that's all.

The Hot Air article doesn't help.because it has the transcript of the Hannity interview.  Moore says on Hannity he was friends with her parents, knew Debbie to be a good girl, but didn't 'remember any specific dates.'

Some time later, he goes on to say at two different appearances he didn't know any of the women and didn't date any of them.  At the very least, he's contradicted himself on Gibson.  That wasn't wise, because it brings his credibility on the others back into question.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2017, 09:52:07 am »
Except that still is taken from the video linked to the article in this post.  She moves her hand away and you can plainly see 'Roy' and that's all.

The Hot Air article doesn't help.because it has the transcript of the Hannity interview.  Moore says on Hannity he was friends with her parents, knew Debbie to be a good girl, but didn't 'remember any specific dates.'

Some time later, he goes on to say at two different appearances he didn't know any of the women and didn't date any of them.  At the very least, he's contradicted himself on Gibson.  That wasn't wise, because it brings his credibility on the others back into question.
By the later interviews the talk had shifted to "underage" girls. In Alabama that means under 16, but the media have been loosely describing people as "children", even into their twenties, when it suits their purpose.

How many other graduating seniors got the cards? Were they just an office thing, sent out to the whole class? (That isn't that uncommon, not in election years, and such a card would likely have gone out to an 18 or 17 year old at graduation).

I have sent cards to friends' kids when they graduated, too, with a small gift (a little money), usually in reply to an announcement, and definitely not implying any carnal knowledge or deeper relationship. So the card may not prove anything at all. I couldn't tell you who I had sent those cards out to at this point, and might not recognize the names after all these years.

At most, it proves she was sent a card.

C S Lewis

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2017, 10:13:20 am »

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/363198-moore-accuser-shares-scrapbook-with-new-evidence-of-their-relationship

That's a very formal card inscription. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2017, 12:34:51 pm »
That's a very formal card inscription.

Exactly.  Where in that inscription is there any evidence of an inappropriate relationship?  And her writings after it -- how do we know when they were made?  Is there some way to date the ink?  She could have written those things as a teenager -- or a few days ago. 

Moore may be telling the truth when he says he didn't know Ms. Gibson, at least not intimately.  He was a family friend -- probably with the adults more so than the children.   People close to adults in a family often send a card to the children upon a life event like graduation, even if they barely know the children.   And if Moore was in politics at the time of Gibson's graduation, he might have thought there would be some political advantage to acknowledge that graduation

Everything the accusers have come up with has an alternate explanation.  Could he have had an inappropriate relationship with Gibson or any of the other accusers?  Maybe.  But I have yet to see any real evidence.  And it looks like Alabamans might be getting tired of this nonsense and really don't care. So why is WaPo continuing to push this story?    Looks like even the Repubs are giving up the fight and backing Moore.  Sorry ladies, but the ship has sailed.  Time to crawl back under the rock you were living under.  Your 15 minutes of fame are over.