Author Topic: Moore accuser shares scrapbook with new evidence of their relationship  (Read 4261 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Moore accuser shares scrapbook with new evidence of their relationship
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2017, 12:59:29 pm »
Article on this at: https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/04/roy-moore-accuser-just-found-note-moore-wrote-17/
Image of note:

Note convenient fingers over the place where "Moore" and "D.A." would be if signed by assistant.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-roy-moore-accuser-evidence-20171204-story.html

Just saying, I thought I'd seen an image that did not have fingers covering up. It must be from a press conference.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2017, 01:05:42 pm »
That's a very formal card inscription.
Formal enough it has a form-letterish vibe....

I wish I could shake (each and every one of) your hand(s). Congratulations on reaching Your Middle School graduation...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2017, 01:19:52 pm »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-roy-moore-accuser-evidence-20171204-story.html

Just saying, I thought I'd seen an image that did not have fingers covering up. It must be from a press conference.
Thanks, Tom. Note how nicely parallel the lines of cursive writing are, unlike that yearbook mish-mash.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2017, 01:23:22 pm »
Moore doesn't help himself by obviously lying that he didn't even know this woman.   Clearly,  the two were friends at one point, and later over the years.   He would have been better advised to be truthful - that he knew these women and they enjoyed each other's company.   I don't believe any of them is alleging that he actually had sex with them, and Debbie Gibson apparently thought at the time that Moore was inspirational.     

But regardless of what happened 40 years ago,  the evidence is plain as day that Moore is lying now.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline TomSea

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2017, 01:25:53 pm »
I was watching some show and they were saying, it wouldn't matter if someone added on to that year book "OLDE HISTORY HOUSE" and things like that unless the whole claim was everything on that page was that it was all Roy Moore's handwriting. That happens in things people have. Someone might give you a book and sign their name, then, one might add on "Christmas 1999"; it doesn't mean you are making a claim whomever gave you that book wrote that too.  It depends on what the whole claim is.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2017, 01:30:42 pm »
Thanks, Tom. Note how nicely parallel the lines of cursive writing are, unlike that yearbook mish-mash.

Anyone else curious about some 40 year old note taped in some forgotten scrap book and the tape is still clear? That stuff yellows and discolors in a couple years.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2017, 01:36:04 pm »
At most, it proves she was sent a card.

No - hand delivered, as the note says.  He knows the girl and according to her, dated her.  She's not accusing him of anything illegal.  He's lying about knowing her, probably because he knows some people may not be comfortable with a 34 year old man dating a 17 year old girl in today's climate, even though it wasn't illegal.  That was apparent when this all started and he did the Hannity interview.

The other stuff he's accused of is another matter, but he's been dishonest about the dates.  Dumb move just to save himself from answering questions about it, framed in a modern perspective.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2017, 01:40:28 pm »

The basic claim seems to be "Roy signed this"; and not saying he wrote everything on the page as alluded to earlier.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2017, 02:16:29 pm »
Article on this at: https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/04/roy-moore-accuser-just-found-note-moore-wrote-17/
Image of note:

Note convenient fingers over the place where "Moore" and "D.A." would be if signed by assistant.

I'm wondering if anyone has gone through that yearbook to see if someone named Roy was in her class or perhaps a year or two ahead of her.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2017, 02:26:12 pm »
No - hand delivered, as the note says.  He knows the girl and according to her, dated her.  She's not accusing him of anything illegal.  He's lying about knowing her, probably because he knows some people may not be comfortable with a 34 year old man dating a 17 year old girl in today's climate, even though it wasn't illegal.  That was apparent when this all started and he did the Hannity interview.

The other stuff he's accused of is another matter, but he's been dishonest about the dates.  Dumb move just to save himself from answering questions about it, framed in a modern perspective.

Good post.   Honesty's usually the best policy. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 02:34:51 pm »

The note doesn't say he hand delivered it, it says he "wanted to give you this note myself", which does not mean he did so any more than if the writer made the expression of sentiment that the author wanted to shake her hand.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 02:44:37 pm »
The note doesn't say he hand delivered it, it says he "wanted to give you this note myself", which does not mean he did so any more than if the writer made the expression of sentiment that the author wanted to shake her hand.

If that's the way you want to look at it, then you would have to concede it's a familiar enough tone, so that denying knowing her is not believable.

Besides, he admitted knowing her and her family, while talking with Sean. On two public occasions after that, he denied knowing any of the girls at all.

Those things don't square.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2017, 02:52:16 pm »
If that's the way you want to look at it, then you would have to concede it's a familiar enough tone, so that denying knowing her is not believable.

Besides, he admitted knowing her and her family, while talking with Sean. On two public occasions after that, he denied knowing any of the girls at all.

Those things don't square.
It has as much significance as a Christmas Card, really.
I get one from my insurance agent every year, among others. The question is one of if she was the only one in the class to get one. If that can be proven, maybe there is something to it. Her parents knew him, she likely sent him an announcement, and he sent her a card with a note. It doesn't mean he handed it to her.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2017, 03:22:04 pm »
It has as much significance as a Christmas Card, really.
I get one from my insurance agent every year, among others. The question is one of if she was the only one in the class to get one. If that can be proven, maybe there is something to it. Her parents knew him, she likely sent him an announcement, and he sent her a card with a note. It doesn't mean he handed it to her.

Not the relevant part.  This is....

November 10th

Hannity went through the Post story and detailed the allegations of the four accusers. Moore claimed to know two of four, but denied any instance of misconduct with either. In response to the allegations involving Debbie Wesson Gibson, Moore said, "I don't remember going out on dates. I knew her as a friend. If we did go out on dates, then we did. But I don't remember that."

November 27th

“The allegations are completely false. They are malicious. Specifically, I do not know any of these women.”

November 29th

“Let me state once again: I do not know any of these women, did not date any of these women and have not engaged in any sexual misconduct with anyone.”

Bottom line - Moore is a liar.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2017, 03:25:58 pm »
Not the relevant part.  This is....

November 10th

Hannity went through the Post story and detailed the allegations of the four accusers. Moore claimed to know two of four, but denied any instance of misconduct with either. In response to the allegations involving Debbie Wesson Gibson, Moore said, "I don't remember going out on dates. I knew her as a friend. If we did go out on dates, then we did. But I don't remember that."

November 27th

“The allegations are completely false. They are malicious. Specifically, I do not know any of these women.”

November 29th

“Let me state once again: I do not know any of these women, did not date any of these women and have not engaged in any sexual misconduct with anyone.”

Bottom line - Moore is a liar.
Which women was he referring to in the last two interviews? (link, please, so it can be put in context).

If he knows her as a friend, they didn't go on dates, and there was no sexual contact, he may not have included her in the group who are making allegations of sexual impropriety. Those, as I understand it, are the ones he claims to not know and not have gone out with.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:28:21 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2017, 03:30:53 pm »
Which women was he referring to in the last two interviews? (link, please, so it can be put in context).

If he knows her as a friend, they didn't go on dates, and there was no sexual contact, he may not have included her in the group who are making allegations of sexual impropriety. Those, as I understand it, are the ones he claims to not know and not have gone out with.

‘Any’ seems pretty specific when discussing the 9 women.

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/04/roy-moore-accuser-just-found-note-moore-wrote-17/

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2017, 03:36:59 pm »
‘Any’ seems pretty specific when discussing the 9 women.

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/04/roy-moore-accuser-just-found-note-moore-wrote-17/
If he didn't date them, what are they accusing him of? If they aren't accusing him of anything illegal, why would he include them? What allegations have they made?

In short, if she didn't accuse him of anything wrong, why would he include her in the denial?

Gibson says Moore’s recent claim (that he doesn’t know any of his accusers) is the first thing he has said that she knows for a fact is a lie.
But she claims to have a graduation card from him, and if she isn't accusing him of anything other that giving her a graduation card, how is she an accuser, except to accuse him of lying about her not accusing him of anything wrong, because she isn't included in the group of accusers?

There were three accusers. One said he took her to a remote cabin and they touched through their underwear. (shown to not be credible, because the places she resided and the place she claimed he picked her up don't work at the time claimed.) One said he took her behind the restaurant she said she worked at that others said she never worked at and he never frequented, and imposed himself on her parked behind dumpsters that were never out back, and no one recalls her working there. One more, an adult at the time, claims he grabbed her buttock on the way out of his office.
And then there is the woman who heard that he had been banned from the mall, even though no one else can substantiate that claim, and others have refuted it.
No one else accused him of anything illegal or immoral. If she isn't one of those three, then she isn't an 'accuser', she is just someone else Moore knew that the Post padded out their hit piece with, trying to make it look like there was more there than there wasn't.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:48:31 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2017, 03:54:51 pm »
How can this woman be 17 years younger than he is and look as old as he does?

Offline edpc

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2017, 04:02:11 pm »
In short, if she didn't accuse him of anything wrong, why would he include her in the denial?

In short, because 1981 Gadsden and 2017 America have different views on the appearance of a 34 year old man dating a 17 year old girl - legal, or not.  He knows he’d be a national punchline if he admitted it.

Offline edpc

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2017, 04:03:33 pm »
How can this woman be 17 years younger than he is and look as old as he does?

Stress from doing sign interpretation of Hillary’s lies.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2017, 04:14:16 pm »
Moore will likely win a week from today.

At the shortest time interval, there seems to be an alleged incident in 1992. Yes, Moore may well have left this letter back in 1980 or around then, but people change. It doesn't mean he's an angel but it might be difficult to connect the lives of people 20 or more years ago to how they are now.

And on top of that, his opponent is an Obama/Hillary Clinton leftist. Pretty bad really.

Only if there is really some last-minute surprise, Moore should win.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 04:14:56 pm by TomSea »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2017, 04:42:53 pm »
In short, because 1981 Gadsden and 2017 America have different views on the appearance of a 34 year old man dating a 17 year old girl - legal, or not.  He knows he’d be a national punchline if he admitted it.
Thirty FOUR now?

His relative age keeps growing in these accounts. Out of HS at 18, West Point at 22, out of the service at 28, out of law school at 31-32.

If she wasn't accusing him of anything wrong, she wasn't an "accuser" and he didn't lie, then, did he?

As for judging 40 years ago by today's 'standards', a lot has changed. (I'd suggest the attitude toward smoking pot has changed in the meantime, too.)

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2017, 04:49:28 pm »
Thirty FOUR now?

His relative age keeps growing in these accounts.

He was born in Feb of 1947.  She graduated in late spring of 81.  Math is math.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2017, 06:06:13 pm »

Nobody would write, 'I wanted to give you this card myself' if they were sitting on a couch next to her and actually giving it to her. A person may "say" that to his sweetheart, if that is what she was, but there would be no reason at all to write that. It was obviously mailed or delivered to her somehow. I'll bet you say that to all the girls.

There is nothing romantic or sexual at all in the text. It is the same thing any teacher would write to any student.

The timing of the "find" is highly suspicious. She didn't know she had this until just a few days before the election? I doubt that very much.

There is no way to know when any of the writing was written. Anybody can put any date they want to on a blurb in a scrapbook. It is all unverifiable any easily forged. She could have written all that Catfish Cabin stuff last week for all we know.

The fact that both women claim to have a banal note from Roy Moore, and that they are both so similar, indicates that it was something he did routinely. There could be dozens of people, men and women, with similar notes from him. It doesn't prove in anyway that they were 'special' to him or that he knew them. The same way a movie star signs hundreds of autographs a year. They don't remember any of the people they sign for. So what?

It is all so specious and unverifiable. There simply is no real proof that any of these allegations actually occurred. They are just hearsay 'stories', from people with an obvious agenda, with either no proof at all, or with some flimsy evidence to back them up.

My estimation is that it is a deliberate and planned smear campaign to influence the election.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 06:07:33 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2017, 06:21:11 pm »

Nobody would write, 'I wanted to give you this card myself' if they were sitting on a couch next to her and actually giving it to her. A person may "say" that to his sweetheart, if that is what she was, but there would be no reason at all to write that. It was obviously mailed or delivered to her somehow. I'll bet you say that to all the girls.

There is nothing romantic or sexual at all in the text. It is the same thing any teacher would write to any student.

The timing of the "find" is highly suspicious. She didn't know she had this until just a few days before the election? I doubt that very much.

There is no way to know when any of the writing was written. Anybody can put any date they want to on a blurb in a scrapbook. It is all unverifiable any easily forged. She could have written all that Catfish Cabin stuff last week for all we know.

The fact that both women claim to have a banal note from Roy Moore, and that they are both so similar, indicates that it was something he did routinely. There could be dozens of people, men and women, with similar notes from him. It doesn't prove in anyway that they were 'special' to him or that he knew them. The same way a movie star signs hundreds of autographs a year. They don't remember any of the people they sign for. So what?

It is all so specious and unverifiable. There simply is no real proof that any of these allegations actually occurred. They are just hearsay 'stories', from people with an obvious agenda, with either no proof at all, or with some flimsy evidence to back them up.

My estimation is that it is a deliberate and planned smear campaign to influence the election.

Exactly.

:thumbsup:
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.