Author Topic: Moore accuser shares scrapbook with new evidence of their relationship  (Read 4275 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Moore accuser shares scrapbook with new evidence of their relationship
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2017, 07:03:09 pm »
She said the scrapbook contained other evidence of the relationship, including an account of their first date in 1981.

“Wednesday night, 3-4-81,” she wrote on a page titled “The Best Times.” “Roy S. Moore and I went out for the first time. We went out to eat at Catfish Cabin in Albertville. I had a great time.”

Then why isn't it in this video? Another forgery? And what is below the signed message? It looks like she was gushing over him.

She's also a lefty Dem hactivist who openly hated Moore before all this and is a rabid supporter of Doug Jones.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2017, 07:13:31 pm »
He was born in Feb of 1947.  She graduated in late spring of 81.  Math is math.
Well, thanks. I'm going to save a pile of dough not sending graduation cards to friend's kids and grandkids, just in case I ever decide to run for office.

Now, just exactly what is he supposed to have done with Ms. Gibson that was so terrible, aside from knowing the family and giving her a graduation card?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2017, 07:14:44 pm »
There are contradictions in several of the stories. Places and dates and other details, that simply do not pan out with scrutiny. In fact ironically, the contradictions are the only part of this saga that can be actually, and truly verified, by real facts and not just stories.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2017, 07:18:37 pm »
Then why isn't it in this video? Another forgery? And what is below the signed message? It looks like she was gushing over him.

She's also a lefty Dem hactivist who openly hated Moore before all this and is a rabid supporter of Doug Jones.

I'm curious - what's the difference between a "supporter" and a "rabid supporter"?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2017, 07:18:59 pm »

Nobody would write, 'I wanted to give you this card myself' if they were sitting on a couch next to her and actually giving it to her. A person may "say" that to his sweetheart, if that is what she was, but there would be no reason at all to write that. It was obviously mailed or delivered to her somehow. I'll bet you say that to all the girls.

There is nothing romantic or sexual at all in the text. It is the same thing any teacher would write to any student.

The timing of the "find" is highly suspicious. She didn't know she had this until just a few days before the election? I doubt that very much.

There is no way to know when any of the writing was written. Anybody can put any date they want to on a blurb in a scrapbook. It is all unverifiable any easily forged. She could have written all that Catfish Cabin stuff last week for all we know.

The fact that both women claim to have a banal note from Roy Moore, and that they are both so similar, indicates that it was something he did routinely. There could be dozens of people, men and women, with similar notes from him. It doesn't prove in anyway that they were 'special' to him or that he knew them. The same way a movie star signs hundreds of autographs a year. They don't remember any of the people they sign for. So what?

It is all so specious and unverifiable. There simply is no real proof that any of these allegations actually occurred. They are just hearsay 'stories', from people with an obvious agenda, with either no proof at all, or with some flimsy evidence to back them up.

My estimation is that it is a deliberate and planned smear campaign to influence the election.
Thanks, what I have been trying to get across, and you did it nicely.

I doubt Glenn Seaborg, General Davis, Cab Calloway, or Spiro Agnew recalled signing autographs to me, either.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2017, 07:19:53 pm »
I'm curious - what's the difference between a "supporter" and a "rabid supporter"?   

The hate messages on her Facebook page that she scrubbed.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2017, 07:46:47 pm »
Well, thanks. I'm going to save a pile of dough not sending graduation cards to friend's kids and grandkids, just in case I ever decide to run for office.

Now, just exactly what is he supposed to have done with Ms. Gibson that was so terrible, aside from knowing the family and giving her a graduation card?

She never said he did anything wrong to her, so there was absolutely no reason to lie about knowing or dating her years later. 
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2017, 07:48:17 pm »
She never said he did anything wrong to her, so there was absolutely no reason to lie about knowing or dating her years later.
Did he lie about knowing her? Or did he say he didn't know the women who were accusing him of wrongdoing? There is a difference, and by the way you are determined to read things, it is lost on you.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2017, 08:18:15 pm »
There is a difference, and by the way you are determined to read things, it is lost on you.

Yes, the difference is, I think it means what it actually says.  You think it means something you hope he meant.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2017, 09:34:14 pm »
Yes, the difference is, I think it means what it actually says.  You think it means something you hope he meant.
Projection.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2017, 12:54:56 am »
She needs profession help.

@WineNot

What kind of help does she need with her profession?  For all you know, she could be very happy in her line of work.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2017, 01:01:16 am »
Thanks, what I have been trying to get across, and you did it nicely.

I doubt Glenn Seaborg, General Davis, Cab Calloway, or Spiro Agnew recalled signing autographs to me, either.

Agnew stuff goes for big bucks....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPIRO-T-AGNEW-CHECK-ENDORSED-11-19-1986/302144085840?hash=item465930df50:g:xoEAAOSwal5YMh7w

Silver Pines

« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2017, 01:04:55 am »

Well, those starry-eyed young ladies haven't learned how to reign in their feelings, just yet.

@edpc

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2017, 01:18:37 am »
I found this paragraph out of the article odd:

“Wednesday night, 3-4-81,” she wrote on a page titled “The Best Times.” “Roy S. Moore and I went out for the first time. We went out to eat at Catfish Cabin in Albertville. I had a great time.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/363198-moore-accuser-shares-scrapbook-with-new-evidence-of-their-relationship

Roy S. Moore

Offline edpc

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2017, 01:35:11 am »
I found this paragraph out of the article odd:

Roy S. Moore

Not really that unusual, since his middle name is Stewart, she was a young girl, and wanted to distinguish him from the other important Roy in her scrapbook.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 01:38:43 am by edpc »

Offline threadbender

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2017, 02:28:40 am »
It has as much significance as a Christmas Card, really.
I get one from my insurance agent every year, among others. The question is one of if she was the only one in the class to get one. If that can be proven, maybe there is something to it. Her parents knew him, she likely sent him an announcement, and he sent her a card with a note. It doesn't mean he handed it to her.

Bingo! I was a teen in the 70's. I suppose I might be able to find my graduation cards. I would not expect whomever sent them to remember meeting me at a church function or band concert or that my folks had me send an announcement. I have to admit, I do not remember everyone I dated 40 years ago. I also know I had a crush on someone much older(OK, only 10 years older) and was thrilled to get a card. I doubt he would remember me. lol
I went back to where I grew up this summer. People assumed I knew them (very small town) and I had no clue. I nodded a lot but if you said to me "hey, Tom Smith really was happy to see you at the park this summer", I would probably look at you with a blank stare.
Roy Moore likely knew a lot of people and sent a lot of cards. Maybe even went out with some of them but not recall them. I do not see this as a lie or whatever; it is pretty normal in my opinion.

Silver Pines

« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2017, 12:36:39 pm »
I think we finally have the “proof” people are demanding.  You can look at Roy Moore and tell without doubt he’s the type who’d take a date to a “Catfish Cabin.”

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2017, 01:01:17 pm »
I think we finally have the “proof” people are demanding.  You can look at Roy Moore and tell without doubt he’s the type who’d take a date to a “Catfish Cabin.”
*****rollingeyes*****

C S Lewis