Author Topic: Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32  (Read 16659 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32
« Reply #325 on: November 10, 2017, 07:06:45 pm »
It’s funny how some people take satisfaction in the notion that voting is somehow an exercise in self expression. Odd that, since no one really knows how you voted.

I didn’t want to vote for McCain in ‘08, but I did. Oh, what? Was I supposed to vote for the cool young liberal black guy?

I supported and voted for Romney in ‘12, the severely conservative candidate. What could I have done differently to send Obama to an early retirement? Vote third party? And how would that have helped?

My point is, voting is not about me. It’s about what’s best for the country given the electable choices on the ballot.

Sanity.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

« Reply #326 on: November 10, 2017, 07:08:35 pm »
Dammit, Tom.  You posted That Woman's post.   I don't read her posts.  She lies about me and it makes me mad.

She is so obsessed, she spent enough time looking for what she considered to be an incriminating post by me to have cleaned her house and done laundry.

I don't remember making that post.  It must have been right before I went to rehab.

But I can honestly say I have hated Hillary ever since White Water and I hate her still.

@Emjay

Sooo....you put a member on ignore so you can write paragraphs about her posts when others quote them?  And she’s obsessed?

At the very least you have a really novel definition of “ignore.”

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #327 on: November 10, 2017, 07:10:32 pm »
Truth!

Do you happen to recall the encounter Ted's encounter with the Iowa farmer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi5IZ9StVUI

Vaguely.   Was it about the Ethanol mandate and how he was opposed to it?  (I can't see videos on this site for some reason.)    Cruz might be effective on a one to one,    but he likely would not have been able to replicate that feat across the entire state.     
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #328 on: November 10, 2017, 07:11:47 pm »
It sounds vaguely familiar,  but i'm having trouble recalling any details about it.   Could you refresh my memory?   Is this when she was defending Bill's womanizing?

It covered a variety of topics, mostly her work at the Rose Law Firm, investments in cattle futures, and Whitewater.  This is a snippet, but the full conference is also available.  I don’t like hearing her talk any more than I have to.  Aside from the incessant lying, she has that awful ‘flat A’ pronunciation found in the Chicago area.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0gCAJi3yLy0
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 07:12:19 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Silver Pines

« Reply #329 on: November 10, 2017, 07:11:59 pm »
This is a conservative hub, if people are for same-sex marriage, pro-choicers, secularists, you know, that point of view belongs at the Democratic Underground. I will defend my vote and I'm proud of what Trump has done so far.

@TomSea

What are you babbling about?  Are you back with the line that anyone who disagrees with you or Lord Trump is pro-abortion and pro-gay marriage?

Sit down.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #330 on: November 10, 2017, 07:13:45 pm »

Vaguely.   Was it about the Ethanol mandate and how he was opposed to it?  (I can't see videos on this site for some reason.)    Cruz might be effective on a one to one,    but he likely would not have been able to replicate that feat across the entire state.   

I beg to differ!  But we will never know now will we?

I've personally watched Ted Cruz go from having 2% name ID to U.S. Senator from Texas in the span of one single election cycle!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #331 on: November 10, 2017, 07:13:57 pm »
I call BS as well on this. McConnell stating that if this were true, Moore needs to step aside indicates to me a strong possibility that this may be coming from the GOPe; McConnell was a heavy backer and invested in a lot of money to defeat Moore.  Trump is now stating the same ... he on the advise of Kushner also did what he could to defeat Moore.  McConnell has been known to do whatever it takes to make sure his little country club is not disturbed.

It would seem to me that if the allegations were true, they would have been made during his campaigning, not weeks after he won.
Maybe they thought they had enough crossover Democrats.

At any rate, this is the sort of situation (as you describe) that heralds the end of the GOP. My guess is that those in the driver's seat in DC just want to be significant enough to keep people desperately voting to keep the dem out of office, with just enough party power to be a dog in the manger. They will not provide effective opposition, but don't want anyone else who is capable and willing to do so to get into power. They are not working against the Dems, they are running interference for them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #332 on: November 10, 2017, 07:15:30 pm »
@TomSea

What are you babbling about?  Are you back with the line that anyone who disagrees with you or Lord Trump is pro-abortion and pro-gay marriage?

Sit down.

LOL!

He never left those spurious charges.  He just buried them beneath the surface and they pop out every now and again.

It's the most bizarre set of lies I've ever encountered.  :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #333 on: November 10, 2017, 07:15:51 pm »
It covered a variety of topics, mostly her work at the Rose Law Firm, investments in cattle futures, and Whitewater.  This is a snippet, but the full conference is also available.  I don’t like hearing her talk any more than I have to.  Aside from the incessant lying, she has that awful ‘flat A’ pronunciation found in the Chicago area.

It's all right here and you can read till your eyes hurt and then do the same again tomorrow!

http://alamo-girl.com/

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #334 on: November 10, 2017, 07:17:23 pm »
Okay, we'll be sure to tell John Kasich and Scot Walker this, they have led the nation in pro-life legislation, other states can be included in this. I think Michigan has done some too. Not sure about Pa. but I consider your remark uninformed. Kasich's and Walker's states have done wonders for the pro-life movement. Your statement might be more accurate to say, "blue collar voters" might not have voted for Trump and per the poll yesterday posted here, blue collar voters might have preferred Bernie over Trump. Have you actually been to Ohio or Wisconsin to say such?

https://theslot.jezebel.com/john-kasich-wants-everyone-to-take-a-chill-pill-about-a-1820018997

Stephen King in Iowa too.

Being Pro-Life is something they are willing to tolerate,  but it is not the basis on which you will be elected.    If you run on social conservatism as your primary focus,  you will be defeated in those states. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #335 on: November 10, 2017, 07:18:28 pm »
Good.

Then don't consider it further,

Good advice.  I will endeavor to heed it. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #336 on: November 10, 2017, 07:25:13 pm »

Cruz wanted to do away with the mandate and let the market decide. The immediate reaction to that by Governor Branstad was that "Cruz needed to be defeated, whatever it takes" (Branstad's son was a lobbyist at the time for the ethanol lobby.) Cruz started speaking with the farmers, and brought many around to his way of thinking: "Let the market decide", Cruz wasn't advocating a ban on ethanol in gasoline, just an end to the mandate.
Cruz apparently got the message across effectively, because he won the caucus.
The guy who came in second, who had heard Branstad's remarks and within a few hours proclaimed he would use the EPA to back the Ethanol Mandate to the fullest extent of the law, if not increase it, (which sent him down the list next to Jebbie for me), launched a media coordinated, well timed, and relentless smear campaign against the then frontrunner, one which did not end until after the election.

Well, he won. One of the seminal promises he made, he has made good on. We will have shitty gasoline for the foreseeable future.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #337 on: November 10, 2017, 07:25:24 pm »

Good advice.  I will endeavor to heed it.

Great.  Anything that makes you post less is just swell with me!  :patriot:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #338 on: November 10, 2017, 07:25:49 pm »

But not so strongly that you would lift a finger to oppose a Freedom threatening Nazi witch.   

By lending credence to a boorish ass and habitual liar with not a whiff of character? A lech and a scoundrel with a record of skirting law and consorting with mobsters? Fighting one liberal theology with another?

You must be freaking blind.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #339 on: November 10, 2017, 07:27:10 pm »

Being Pro-Life is something they are willing to tolerate,  but it is not the basis on which you will be elected.    If you run on social conservatism as your primary focus,  you will be defeated in those states.

So you say.

Anyway, these states look strong for the future, while Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi, Florida could all join the minority-majority states by 2030 and those states generally go blue.  Illinois, Arizona and Nevada are all heading that way too.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #340 on: November 10, 2017, 07:28:19 pm »
Amen, brother.  And I made the same two choices you did in 08 and 12 though those two candidates were far from my first choice.

We looked at the alternative and made the logical choice.  It is selfish to do otherwise.

Not me. No way I could ever vote for Amnesty McCain. I went 3rd p in 08. McCain
is the one R I just could never bring myself to vote for. I held my nose and voted W
twice I held my nose again and voted R in 2012.  I happily voted R in 2016 for the first
time since 88.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 07:42:55 pm by jpsb »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #341 on: November 10, 2017, 07:28:21 pm »
By lending credence to a boorish ass and habitual liar with not a whiff of character? A lech and a scoundrel with a record of skirting law and consorting with mobsters? Fighting one liberal theology with another?

Fine, I'll stand for life and not having abandoned the unborn which is what Trump stands for, not the gossip you are saying.

Have a nice Christian day.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #342 on: November 10, 2017, 07:30:00 pm »
We would have had two uniparty candidates, business
as usual in DC.

*SNORT*. Like we don't have that right now? How many Goldmann Sachs executives are in the administration again?

There were several very good options. Cruz and Walker for sure... In the light of what we got, even Rubio, since it turns out Tump is all for gang-of-eight amnesty...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #343 on: November 10, 2017, 07:31:24 pm »

It's a defense mechanism, and most likely used to assuage a guilty conscience.

Those who denied their own values to vote for the scoundrel are sometimes moved to make bizarre accusations against those who continued to live by theirs.

You see, we did not "lift a finger" to save the world because we continued to believe what we always believed and didn't leave our standards behind in order to vote for a populist 'savior' without character. 

We must be diminished to make him feel better about himself......

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #344 on: November 10, 2017, 07:33:37 pm »

She's from Chicago.   :)     She's from corrupt,  crime ridden,  kickback,  bribery riddled Chicago.   

Oh yes.  I remember that.   She actually looked somewhat attractive in that clip. (on the outside anyway)   I guess that's why they called it the "Pretty in Pink"  press conference. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #345 on: November 10, 2017, 07:35:10 pm »
I beg to differ!  But we will never know now will we?

I've personally watched Ted Cruz go from having 2% name ID to U.S. Senator from Texas in the span of one single election cycle!

In Texas.   Social conservatism is popular there.   It is in several states.   It's just not popular in places like Wisconsin or Michigan.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #346 on: November 10, 2017, 07:35:26 pm »

What is false logic was the belief that you could achieve a better outcome by not throwing your weight to one or the other of the only two possible outcomes.

There is no 'better outcome' at that point. The better outcome would be to distance yourself from the whole show, voting your conscience (as representative Republics demand), or not participate, hoping to limit popular vote and deny mandate - which is precisely what happened.

Thank God for that.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #348 on: November 10, 2017, 07:37:45 pm »

In Texas.   Social conservatism is popular there.   It is in several states.   It's just not popular in places like Wisconsin or Michigan.   

Maybe because no one has tried to make it so!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #349 on: November 10, 2017, 07:42:18 pm »
Cruz wanted to do away with the mandate and let the market decide. The immediate reaction to that by Governor Branstad was that "Cruz needed to be defeated, whatever it takes" (Branstad's son was a lobbyist at the time for the ethanol lobby.) Cruz started speaking with the farmers, and brought many around to his way of thinking: "Let the market decide", Cruz wasn't advocating a ban on ethanol in gasoline, just an end to the mandate.
Cruz apparently got the message across effectively, because he won the caucus.

Among Republicans.   They wouldn't have been his primary opposition in winning the state in the general.  I know someone from Iowa.   In his patch of it (Waterloo)  they are very pro-Union.   

The guy who came in second, who had heard Branstad's remarks and within a few hours proclaimed he would use the EPA to back the Ethanol Mandate to the fullest extent of the law, if not increase it, (which sent him down the list next to Jebbie for me), launched a media coordinated, well timed, and relentless smear campaign against the then frontrunner, one which did not end until after the election.

Well, he won. One of the seminal promises he made, he has made good on. We will have shitty gasoline for the foreseeable future.

I don't like it,   but there is this thing called "triage"   that I think we should follow.    If it comes to making the difference between Hillary and not Hillary,   I would let the Iowans have their ethanol mandate.   

There are far greater losses we might have taken if we had insisted on eliminating the mandate. 

— Lord Melbourne —