Author Topic: Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32  (Read 16668 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32
« Reply #250 on: November 10, 2017, 05:14:00 pm »
Okay @DiogenesLamp   You're certainly not alone in your thinking.   But to clarify, the woman claims she met Moore at the court house with her mother.  The allegations are said to have happened at Moore's home when they were alone.

And did it not occur to you how odd it would be for a County Prosecutor to be meddling with a 14 year old as well as her mother allowing such a thing?    How did this girl get to Roy Moore's house?   Did he pick her up at her mom's house?    Did she walk to his house?   Did her mom drop her off at Moore's house?   

What part of this story line makes any sense,  especially the logistics of it?   

I fully expect Alabama republicans will rally around their native son and Moore will be elected.  My concern is that he will be the new face of conservatism.   :shrug:

Because the Media-Weapon is making him the "face"  of conservatism.    They made "Macaca"  the face of conservatism.   They made "wide stance"  the face of conservatism.   They made "witch"  the face of conservatism.   They made "binders full of women"  the face of conservatism.   

I have been railing about this power they have to shape and form the narrative for a couple of decades,  and it is the means by which they convince the idiot half of the nation to vote Democrat.   

They are simply using that power again to make some objectionable accusation the "face" of conservatism. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

« Reply #251 on: November 10, 2017, 05:14:51 pm »
I see critical thinking and logic is not your strong suit.

A profession victim is one that constantly professes to be a victim or constantly takes
on victim status for someone else. Most profession victims also tend to be drama queens.

@jpsb

Lol, lawdy.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #252 on: November 10, 2017, 05:14:56 pm »
Trumps idiocy was on full display during the nomination, but all you people could think of was falling in love with a guy who could write insults in 144 characters or less on twitter. 

A number of the others could have beaten Clinton; the belief in her infallibility is just part of the rationalization mechanism for excusing Trumps gross negligence.

I can write insults in 144 characters or less here and those same people hate me.   ^-^

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #253 on: November 10, 2017, 05:15:48 pm »
@jpsb

Lol, lawdy.

Lady, I'm going to spot you a couple of "al"s so we can move this party along.  How would that be?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #254 on: November 10, 2017, 05:16:17 pm »
Diogenes wrote:
"I've read that this accuser is a drug user and has a wreck of a life.   I know this sort of people,  and they cannot be trusted."

Indeed.
These events are supposed to have happened THIRTY EIGHT YEARS AGO.
How many here will swear that they can remember -- in EXACT DETAIL -- something that happened to them that long ago?

Even trustworthy people will "get recollections wrong".

These are "embellished stories" folks.
As such, they are as trustworthy as those documents Dan Rather claimed to have back when he was trying to derail G.W. Bush.

Hang tough, Mr. Moore.
This will blow over...   and you'll win anyway.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #255 on: November 10, 2017, 05:17:12 pm »
Let me tell you something about a people like me:

I believe in freedom.

But not so strongly that you would lift a finger to oppose a Freedom threatening Nazi witch.     

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jpsb

« Reply #256 on: November 10, 2017, 05:17:59 pm »

A number of the others could have beaten Clinton; the belief in her infallibility is just part of the rationalization mechanism for excusing Trumps gross negligence.

I doubt that but so what? Electing any of the major candidates other then Trump (and
maybe Cruz but that is a big maybe) would have been no different then electing Hillary.
Their policies were identical to Hillarys'. We would have had two uniparty candidates, business
as usual in DC.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #257 on: November 10, 2017, 05:18:08 pm »
I can write insults in 144 characters or less here and those same people hate me.   ^-^

I thought you told me that they hated you for other reasons....

Offline jpsb

« Reply #258 on: November 10, 2017, 05:19:12 pm »
@jpsb

Lol, lawdy.

Went all you got is a spelling error you got nothing.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #259 on: November 10, 2017, 05:19:35 pm »
Moore being right about the source doesn't make him right about skirting that close to demanding
religious tests for judges who, the last I looked, were considered office holders and holders of public
trusts and therefore immunised by the Constitution itself against such religious tests.

And that is is where we differ!  I do not see requireing our judges to know the source of our laws as a religious test.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #260 on: November 10, 2017, 05:20:51 pm »
Went all you got is a spelling error you got nothing.

Come again there Skippy?

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #261 on: November 10, 2017, 05:21:28 pm »
Easy Ace wrote:
"Let me tell you something about a people like me:
I believe in freedom.
I believe in individual rights and responsibility."

I believe you, honestly I do, but...

The one thing I wish you'd learn to "believe in" is... the proper use of carriage returns in formatting your posts.

Most of them are downright painful to look at. All-but unreadable.

Didn't you say you work in publishing, or something like that?

What kind of computer are you using?

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #262 on: November 10, 2017, 05:21:47 pm »
The voters in Nevada who saw precisely that choice on the ballot beg to differ.

The truth does not submit to the opinions of the masses.   It endures outside of the popular whim. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #263 on: November 10, 2017, 05:23:31 pm »
I thought you told me that they hated you for other reasons....

"I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way."

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #264 on: November 10, 2017, 05:24:18 pm »
False binary logic. 

True reality.    Trump or Hillary.   No one else was going to win.   

What is false logic was the belief that you could achieve a better outcome by not throwing your weight to one or the other of the only two possible outcomes. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #265 on: November 10, 2017, 05:24:36 pm »
Come again there Skippy?

LOL  When you get so flustered in an online disagreement that you use the wrong word entirely.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #266 on: November 10, 2017, 05:25:07 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I've seen this movie before! Recently in fact, and it didn't end well for the conservative candidate involved!  This is a well known play right out of the swamp playbook and I have no intention to remain silent and watch it play out again!

In strictly political tactics, Moore could say, "Hey, fellow Alabamans; see how the eastern elites are trying to take away your choice?

If I was with the girl, she told me she was 16. I had red blood to match the red soil of our state. Don't forget either, I was gone for nine years to West Point and Vietnam, taking many of my younger years. And I still want to serve my country. Now I have been married once for many years, and have 4 grown children.   Elect me and see. Do not let the crooked liberal east coast media meddle in our business."

Paid for by Roy Moore for US Senate from Alabama
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jpsb

« Reply #267 on: November 10, 2017, 05:25:57 pm »
Come again there Skippy?

When.  9999what, I guess I better slow down my typing. I am usually pretty good but
not when I type fast. And don't brother to prove read twice.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #268 on: November 10, 2017, 05:27:36 pm »
Take this for what it's worth:
==========================
https://activistmommy.com/breaking-roy-moores-accuser-worked-democratic-leaders-actively-campaigning-moores-opponent/

BREAKING! Roy Moore’s Accuser Worked for Democratic Leaders and Is Actively Campaigning for Moore’s Opponent
November 10, 2017

We have just received information that one of the women accusing Alabama senatorial candidate Roy Moore of soliciting dates from her when she was a teenager and he was in his 30’s is not only a passionate progressive, but she has actually worked for the DNC and is actively campaigning for Moore’s opponent, Doug Jones.

Deborah Wesson Gibson, aka Debbie Gibson, was named in the Washington Post article accusing Moore, and social media evidence makes clear that she is a fervent supporter of Jones and Democrats in general, and has even worked for the DNC.

Wesson Gibson is a sign language interpreter, who has interpreted at rallies for both Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton.

She has also vocalized fervent support for Jones.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #269 on: November 10, 2017, 05:28:42 pm »

Nobody could have beaten Hillary except for Trump.    The battleground states have been voting Democrat in the last two elections.    What state could Cruz or any other candidate of which you wish to speak,  have flipped?   

Name one.     Now's your chance.  Show us what you know about Politics in the United States and the Demographics of the various states.   

Name what Barack Obama voting state another candidate could have won.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #270 on: November 10, 2017, 05:30:46 pm »
In strictly political tactics, Moore could say, "Hey, fellow Alabamans; see how the eastern elites are trying to take away your choice?

Or he could say, ‘Hey at least she wasn’t 13, my wife, and my cousin.’

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #271 on: November 10, 2017, 05:32:26 pm »
http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=232561

Unless you live under a rock you know that Roy Moore, who is the Republican candidate to replace Jeff Session's Senate seat out of Alabama, has been accused of some extraordinarily-salacious and in one case illegal act.

There's a problem -- the alleged act(s) occurred nearly forty years ago and yet not one allegation of same has occurred until now.

I won't get into the actionability of the claim in the first place since with one exception all the so-called accusers were 16 or older and thus of the age of consent at the time.  Further, there has been no allegation of force or improper influence being used, and Moore was unmarried.  In other words unlike the "star allegations" we're not talking about harassment, rape, (statutory) abuse of underage individuals or even adultery, although it still smells like dead fish if the allegations are true.

Now add to this that Judge Moore is not some random dude that just decided to run for Senate.  He has a decades long history of being extraordinarily controversial and a public political figure, including being elected as a judge twice in Alabama with the second time after being ousted for refusing to remove the Ten Commandments from a court.

There were plenty of reasons for anyone who had a legitimate beef with his sexual proclivities, and plenty of opportunity with the capacity to do him real political damage, to act before now.  Yet I'm aware of exactly zero in the way of "rumblings", say much less allegations, on this point until a few days ago.

That's enough to call the question about a political hit (that is, a lie) standing alone.

But it's not standing alone.

There are now allegations that The Washington Post attempted to pay women to come forward and make allegations of this sort.

The claim is being made that not only did this happen it has been turned over to the DA.  There are further allegations as to motive and intentional bias, and that this isn't a case of "first impression" either.

Even better, the calls apparently were recorded, so the claim is that there's hard evidence that the attempted bribe happened.

If this turns out to be true given the political affiliation and direct links to both Jeff Bezos and both his and the alleged "reporters" links to the DNC then this certainly appears to amount to federal election tampering, bribery as an inducement to engage in an unlawful act and Racketeering.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #272 on: November 10, 2017, 05:33:21 pm »
Take this for what it's worth:
==========================
https://activistmommy.com/breaking-roy-moores-accuser-worked-democratic-leaders-actively-campaigning-moores-opponent/

BREAKING! Roy Moore’s Accuser Worked for Democratic Leaders and Is Actively Campaigning for Moore’s Opponent
November 10, 2017

We have just received information that one of the women accusing Alabama senatorial candidate Roy Moore of soliciting dates from her when she was a teenager and he was in his 30’s is not only a passionate progressive, but she has actually worked for the DNC and is actively campaigning for Moore’s opponent, Doug Jones.

Deborah Wesson Gibson, aka Debbie Gibson, was named in the Washington Post article accusing Moore, and social media evidence makes clear that she is a fervent supporter of Jones and Democrats in general, and has even worked for the DNC.

Wesson Gibson is a sign language interpreter, who has interpreted at rallies for both Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton.

She has also vocalized fervent support for Jones.

Good find.   I figured we would eventually see evidence that this is a hatchet job.   There needs to be some serious financial repercussions on the Washington Post for attempting to meddle in the election.    They should be getting hammered with FEC fines among other damages.   

They need to be wiped out.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #273 on: November 10, 2017, 05:35:21 pm »
Meh. He had some problems but his interstate highway plan was pretty good.

Ah yes, and the trains. Those trains ran at 140 percent capacity, and on time always.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #274 on: November 10, 2017, 05:38:53 pm »

Diogenes:
They are simply using that power again to make some objectionable accusation the "face" of conservatism.

What is interesting about that point is that the media is trying to make Roy Moore the face of conservative hypocrisy in the face of recent accounts by scores of women alleging sexual misconduct by literally dozens of liberal Hollywood, sports and tech company men! Talk about hypocrisy!

And with enough ill informed conservative voters believing the lie, the press just might get away with it.