Author Topic: Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32  (Read 16687 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32
« Reply #150 on: November 10, 2017, 06:02:06 am »
Roy Moore threw himself on a 17 year old?  He says they dated.
Interesting that they keep trying to make what appears to have been a consensual relationship between two people above the age of consent out to be some sort of Harvey molestation episode.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #151 on: November 10, 2017, 06:02:46 am »
We don't know that he "threw himself on" a 17 year old girl,

Oh don't split bleeping hairs here.  He was a predator of young girls.

I guess we should be relieved none of them were his cousins.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #152 on: November 10, 2017, 06:04:53 am »
Oh don't split bleeping hairs here.  He was a predator of young girls.

I guess we should be relieved none of them were his cousins.
You claim he is a predator. How do you know she didn't throw herself at him?

You don't.

I'm not splitting hairs, but you are weaving a shirt out of them.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #153 on: November 10, 2017, 06:06:47 am »

You don't.

Nope.  Four women, teenagers at the time,  have come forward.  This makes him a predator.

And I don't give a damn if it is Alabama.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 06:10:07 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #154 on: November 10, 2017, 06:08:06 am »

You don't.

Dammit Joe, dating a girl that is old enough to give consent to the date is the exact same thing as demanding sex from her, and if you don't admit that then I think we should talk about incest. 

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #155 on: November 10, 2017, 06:12:57 am »
Nope.  Four teenagers have come forward. 

Very shady stories from all of them and there hasn't been a trend of this in his life. If more broads come out this week, then I'll believe he is a problem, but after decades of raking this nut over the coals this behavior was never insinuated and now out of the blue a couple people give some strange hearsay statements? I smell bullshit.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #156 on: November 10, 2017, 06:14:00 am »
Nope.  Four teenagers have come forward.  This a predator makes.

Well, I don't give a damn if you don't give a damn, and i really doubt most Alabamans do either.

The veracity of some of these accounts is in doubt. Especially the youngest ones. We'll see. My aunt, who is 14 years my senior, said of my uncle, that he fascinated her, spoke of far off places, and his exemplary scholarly nature made him fascinating for her. They had a great marriage, despite their age difference, until my uncle died, raised 4 wonderful children together, and were quite happy.
My uncle was my mother's oldest brother and would be in his late 80's now, and died in the past year.

So, despite your vitriol, yes, Virginia, younger women do 'throw themselves' at older men, or perhaps, less brazenly, they simply find themselves genuinely attracted.

And younger women have a tendency to exaggerate their age, while older women understate theirs unless they are using it as a weapon. So it has ever been.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 06:14:39 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #157 on: November 10, 2017, 06:34:17 am »
Nope.  Four women, teenagers at the time,  have come forward.  This makes him a predator.

Once again I agree with you.  Imagine that.

This guy has made a name for himself by claiming righteousness.  The whole thing with the Ten Commandments.  It makes me feel ill that people are trying to defend him.   I have a daughter near that age.  I wouldn't want a 30 anything man going after her.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #158 on: November 10, 2017, 06:35:15 am »

This guy has made a name for himself by claiming righteousness.  The whole thing with the Ten Commandments.  It makes me feel ill that people are trying to defend him.   I have a daughter near that age.  I wouldn't want a 30 anything man going after her.
For all we know, she went after him. It happens.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #159 on: November 10, 2017, 06:38:25 am »

We might not *like* it, but there's nothing illegal about it.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #160 on: November 10, 2017, 06:39:52 am »

Yeah, this was a long time ago, I am not quite Roy's age, but I did date a few HS girls in my 20s... and nobody batted an eye. But honestly I didn't think a thing about it at the time, a lot of guys did. The movies from the 50s showed guys in their mid 40s dating young girls for goodness sake. My parents got married when my mom was 17.... You later made the snide remark of dating your cousin (Alabama thing).. but that was a no-no... but yeah... only years later did I realize perhaps it was no longer the social norm.

Times change, people sometimes forget. I honestly have no problem with Moore dating 17ish girls at the time. 14 y/o is and was sorta Jerry Lee creepy if true.

Was I a pervert? No, just a late blooming guys (I grew 4 inches in height after HS) that was little late to the dating scene. Shy during HS and mostly broke... I didn't date much until after college to be honest. I matured the best I knew how I guess. Eventually marrying the woman I am still married to today 6 or 7 years later. Wife was 19 when we started dating, we married when she turned 21, I was 27 (nearly 28).

Judging these things via age only sorta leaves a few human things out of the equation. Again, society was different 40 years ago.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 06:48:47 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2017, 06:44:29 am »
For all we know, she went after him. It happens.

A gentleman would not engage in that kind of relationship period.  He would be old enough to be her father.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #162 on: November 10, 2017, 06:46:08 am »
We might not *like* it, but there's nothing illegal about it.

Maybe not but it makes him a zero in my mind.  Immoral. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #163 on: November 10, 2017, 06:49:50 am »
Maybe not but it makes him a zero in my mind.  Immoral.

How's it immoral? Up until recently in our history people dated in HS and then the day after graduation got married and raised kids.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #164 on: November 10, 2017, 06:56:42 am »
How's it immoral? Up until recently in our history people dated in HS and then the day after graduation got married and raised kids.

Yes, that is two individuals who were same age who "got married" and "raised kids".  Sounds like a great love story.  Not a 30 year old pervert looking for young girls to satisfy his lust.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #165 on: November 10, 2017, 06:58:34 am »
A gentleman would not engage in that kind of relationship period.  He would be old enough to be her father.
When in my 30s I dated an 19 year old, when in my early 20s, a 40 year old women. I can say  I have dated women both half and twice my age (all completely legal, and very pleasant relationships we each gained something from).

It is easy to sanctimoniously judge people based on some number, but one of the objections the older lady voiced toward older men dating younger women was admitted jealousy and a feeling of unfair competition.

One of her takeaways from our relationship was that she should never doubt what she had to offer, a wide variety of experiences and interests, and she had her PhD.  A person's needs change over their lifetime. In both cases I mention, we met each other's needs at the time.

Ideally, and as my eventual marriage proves, it is simply easier to date in the same age group, because of the shared experiences of growing up in the same era--and that time period is area specific, too. Someone who grew up in a major city in the '70s would have a different experience than someone who grew up in the boonies, and where they were located in terms of region has a definite effect, too. You have the choice to judge and be condescending (which doesn't work), or you can enjoy the exchange of those temporal/cultural differences, which can be a really good time and plenty enlightening.

It is the shared experience that allows both to relate, the differences in experience that keep it interesting.

It is possible to be a perfect gentleman or lady (for you ladies) and still enjoy the company of someone who was born in a different decade. At least I found it so. YMMV.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 06:59:44 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #166 on: November 10, 2017, 07:01:06 am »
This guy has made a name for himself by claiming righteousness.  The whole thing with the Ten Commandments. 

I have already posed the question of when he was saved, and I think perhaps it was after these events. A whole lot of us didn't walk the straight and narrow our whole lives... This is no Road to Damascus conversion - he has a very long record of Christian duty to lean upon, and I would suppose faithful service to his oath wrt his wife...

It makes me feel ill that people are trying to defend him.   I have a daughter near that age.  I wouldn't want a 30 anything man going after her.

It was a different time. My mother and father have close to the same age difference, and stayed together life long.

If it turns out there is lechery I won't defend him. If there is adultery after the fact of his marriage, I won't defend him. If there is any ongoing impropriety, I won't defend him. To do so would negate my opinion of Trump by way of hypocrisy...

But repentance and a long run of right living go a very long way with me, because like many others, I walked a way worse road in my youth.

For all that, I am content to see what is true and what is not. So far, there is nothing more than accusations, and an admission of some dating.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #167 on: November 10, 2017, 07:09:11 am »
When in my 30s I dated an 19 year old, when in my early 20s, a 40 year old women. I can say  I have dated women both half and twice my age (all completely legal, and very pleasant relationships we each gained something from).

It is easy to sanctimoniously judge people based on some number, but one of the objections the older lady voiced toward older men dating younger women was admitted jealousy and a feeling of unfair competition.

One of her takeaways from our relationship was that she should never doubt what she had to offer, a wide variety of experiences and interests, and she had her PhD.  A person's needs change over their lifetime. In both cases I mention, we met each other's needs at the time.

Ideally, and as my eventual marriage proves, it is simply easier to date in the same age group, because of the shared experiences of growing up in the same era--and that time period is area specific, too. Someone who grew up in a major city in the '70s would have a different experience than someone who grew up in the boonies, and where they were located in terms of region has a definite effect, too. You have the choice to judge and be condescending (which doesn't work), or you can enjoy the exchange of those temporal/cultural differences, which can be a really good time and plenty enlightening.

It is the shared experience that allows both to relate, the differences in experience that keep it interesting.

It is possible to be a perfect gentleman or lady (for you ladies) and still enjoy the company of someone who was born in a different decade. At least I found it so. YMMV.

Well I can say honestly if a 30 something man came to my door to get my daughter I would send my husband to get the gun and show him back to his car.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #168 on: November 10, 2017, 07:13:04 am »
Yes, that is two individuals who were same age who "got married" and "raised kids".  Sounds like a great love story.  Not a 30 year old pervert looking for young girls to satisfy his lust.

So morally in your mind the couple needs to be the same age plus or minus a year or God will smite them down. Thanks for the insight Torquemada.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #169 on: November 10, 2017, 07:17:31 am »
So morally in your mind the couple needs to be the same age plus or minus a year or God will smite them down. Thanks for the insight Torquemada.

Cute Frank.  I will take it as a compliment from you.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #170 on: November 10, 2017, 07:43:47 am »
Well I can say honestly if a 30 something man came to my door to get my daughter I would send my husband to get the gun and show him back to his car.
To each their own. Her dad and I got along great. Her Mom cooked me dinner a few times.  :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #171 on: November 10, 2017, 07:52:40 am »
To each their own. Her dad and I got along great. Her Mom cooked me dinner a few times.  :shrug:

I understand you shared your personal experience.  I could see why you have a different opinion than I.  My opinion is based on how I would feel if it was my daughter.  So it is true.  To each our own.

I sure am not going to hold anything against you for your personal story. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #172 on: November 10, 2017, 07:57:33 am »

Well actually you are because you stated earlier the act was "immoral".

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #173 on: November 10, 2017, 08:05:37 am »

I understand you shared your personal experience.  I could see why you have a different opinion than I.  My opinion is based on how I would feel if it was my daughter.  So it is true.  To each our own.

At the time I was fairly well known in the motorcycling community in the area, and her dad was relieved for his daughter to be going out with a more mature guy who had a steady job, no criminal record, a college degree (that he was actually using, professionally), and would have nothing to do with drugs. While we dated, we had a lot of fun, but we were both aware that it would not likely be something lifelong, and acted accordingly.

It is easy to be protective of your daughter--you should be--but not every guy who expresses interest is a creep.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:08:17 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #174 on: November 10, 2017, 09:48:02 am »
I call BS on this.  This woman is coming out now for some reason and it's not because she wants to 'tell the truth' at last.

How can anyone take this dug up crap seriously?

Well, John Cornyn seems to be ready to throw Moore under the bus.

Texas Sen. John Cornyn said, "If it is true I don't think his candidacy is sustainable."

Why would he lend his voice to giving credibility to this?

They are really afaid of Moore.

I call BS as well on this. McConnell stating that if this were true, Moore needs to step aside indicates to me a strong possibility that this may be coming from the GOPe; McConnell was a heavy backer and invested in a lot of money to defeat Moore.  Trump is now stating the same ... he on the advise of Kushner also did what he could to defeat Moore.  McConnell has been known to do whatever it takes to make sure his little country club is not disturbed.

It would seem to me that if the allegations were true, they would have been made during his campaigning, not weeks after he won. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 09:57:56 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.