Author Topic: Having 'white nuclear family' promotes white supremacy, says New York professor, report says  (Read 12538 times)

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

I assume you're referring to the passage where Jesus compares a Gentile woman to a "dog."  It's commonly misinterpreted to mean he was being derogatory, but if we know who Jesus is, all loving, we know that a surface interpretation can't be correct.

Jesus, in that passage, was talking about His mission to the Jews first (the Gentiles would come later).  The normal pejorative about them was to call them dogs........ wild, mangy scavengers.  The word Jesus used was the term for a pet.... a puppy dog, if you will.

And if you remember, he DID heal the woman's daughter.

The argument that He......... the Creator of every race and people........... was racist doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

Jesus did call the non-Israelite woman a dog and told her He was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.   Jesus further said it is NOT good to take the children's bread and cast it to the dogs.  The woman understood her place.  She didn't rant and say she wasn't a dog and was equal to an Israelite.  No,  she said, TRUE LORD, but dogs get to eat the crumbs that fall from the children's table.  THIS is a reference to Israel being married to God in the OT and the children of Israel being  God's children.  As God told Abraham... in him the entire world would be blessed.  Those who understand the Bible know that when God's people, Israel, are living in obedience to God's law,  God's blessings are so great upon His Israelite children that the blessings overflow across the entire planet.

Offline musiclady

Jesus did call the non-Israelite woman a dog and told her He was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.   Jesus further said it is NOT good to take the children's bread and cast it to the dogs.  The woman understood her place.  She didn't rant and say she wasn't a dog and was equal to an Israelite.  No,  she said, TRUE LORD, but dogs get to eat the crumbs that fall from the children's table.  THIS is a reference to Israel being married to God in the OT and the children of Israel being  God's children.  As God told Abraham... in him the entire world would be blessed.  Those who understand the Bible know that when God's people, Israel, are living in obedience to God's law,  God's blessings are so great upon His Israelite children that the blessings overflow across the entire planet.

As I said previously, what Jesus was doing there is talking about His mission's being to the Jews first.  He was not saying Gentiles were to be treated as lesser people.  This is not in any way, shape, or form an excuse for racism, nor an example of Jesus' racism.  Dig deeper.

What you are trying (and failing) to do here, is to excuse your own personal racism by warping Scripture to defend sin.

You're not the first to defend your own sin with distortion of Scripture, and you certainly won't be the last.  (Democrats have been doing it for more than a century to excuse their racism).

You just won't get away with it here.

And on that note...........   :seeya:

« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 07:57:52 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline KingsX

I assume you're referring to the passage where Jesus compares a Gentile woman to a "dog."

At the time of Christ,  the vast majority of Israelites were also "gentiles."
That was why Jesus' disciples went to the gentiles [ie, nations] to seek
that which was lost... the lost sheep of Israel the majority of whom were
from the Northern Kingdom of Israel who God divorced & Assyria destroyed,
 removing those Israelites from the holy land in the 8th century BC.  Paul
called those gentile Israelites the wild olive branch. Olive is an Israel symbol.
This is why in James 1:1 all 12 tribes of Israel living abroad are addressed
in the name of Jesus.  As Jesus said,  His sheep hear His voice and they
follow Him... as so they did.  Israelites were first called Christians in the
book of Acts.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:00:33 pm by KingsX »

Offline Mod2

Hi all! 

This is about as good a time as any other to remind you all, TBR is NOT a "Religion Forum," nor do we have any religious Categories.  There is a reason for this:  Once a major theological argument breaks out, it's only a matter of time before everybody has declared everybody else is assuredly on their way to Hell, or that only fools believe there is a Heaven or Hell.

I've allowed this discussion to go on for a while for your edification, but I must insist that it stop now.

Thank you for your understanding,
Mod2

Offline KingsX

As I said previously, what Jesus was doing there is talking about His mission's being to the Jews first.  He was not saying Gentiles were to be treated as lesser people.

To understand the NT... first it's important to read and understand the OT and other sources of ancient history [like Josephus and other ancient historians.]

As I said in my previous post... at the time of Christ,  most Israelites were living as gentiles outside the holy land and had been since the 8th century BC. But they were still racially Israelites.  These Israelites were  the gentile wild olive branch that Paul spoke about.  Olive is a Bible symbol for Israel. These were the lost sheep of Israel for whom Christ came. 

Conversely,  many of those called "Jews" [ie, Judah and/or Judeans] at the time of Christ  were not Israelites. They were descendants of Edomites who had lost a war against Israel in the 2nd century BC and "converted" so they could live in the Kingdom of Israel.  Herod the Great  allied with Rome to conquer Jerusalem in 37BC.  Rome declared Herod, king of the Jews... but Herod was not an Israelite. He was an  Edomite "Jew." 

Offline KingsX

Hi all! 

This is about as good a time as any other to remind you all, TBR is NOT a "Religion Forum," nor do we have any religious Categories.  There is a reason for this:  Once a major theological argument breaks out, it's only a matter of time before everybody has declared everybody else is assuredly on their way to Hell, or that only fools believe there is a Heaven or Hell.

I've allowed this discussion to go on for a while for your edification, but I must insist that it stop now.

Mod2

I just now saw your post.

The Bible is mainly a history book.  Since I am a student of ancient history, I am quite well versed in it. 

But I understand why you prefer not discussing the religious aspect.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:21:56 pm by KingsX »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Hi all! 

Mod2

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline musiclady

Hi all! 

Mod2

Thank you for this, and my apology for getting in too deep here.

I was just deeply disturbed by the use of the Bible to defend racism as a good thing, since I know that racism is verboten on this forum (and in most of our hearts).

I should have just reported the offense to you and stayed quiet.

Next time, I'll know better.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline KingsX

Thank you for this, and my apology for getting in too deep here.

I was just deeply disturbed by the use of the Bible to defend racism as a good thing, since I know that racism is verboten on this forum (and in most of our hearts).

I should have just reported the offense to you and stayed quiet.

Next time, I'll know better.....

Will a mod please clarify the above statement.

If what I have posted on this topic is considered an "offense" on this forum...
you might as well ban me now. 

Seriously... I would be wasting my time and yours by posting here.

Offline musiclady

Mod Edit:  Not denying the truthfulness of this comment, but considering the fact I'm trying to throw some cold water on this discussion, I think you understand why I did the edit.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:53:52 pm by Mod2 »

Offline Mod2

It is certainly not an "offense," it's a simple declaration of the ground rules of TBR!  We are not a "Religion Forum," in the sense that this is not a place to have deep theological discussions about the various meanings and interpretations of Spirituality, however the reader wishes to understand it. 

I certainly do not wish for you to leave, I hope you choose to stay with us, but this particular discussion of the Bible has gone on for about as long as we, the Management, want it to.  It's been a long-standing rule.

Offline musiclady

And I quote:

You must be referring to NWO "Christianity" because the Bible does no such thing.
The Bible is a very racist book where God has a special race He chose above all others.

And I hasten to add,  there is nothing wrong with "racism." It is a natural God-given instinct.
 It is the psychological version of the body's natural instinct to reject that  which is foreign
so kind will produce kind [which is a fundamental Biblical precept.]

I should have reported this. 

Mod note:  You did not have to, I saw it.  I left it to serve as a reminder of why we are not a "Religion Forum."
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:56:29 pm by Mod2 »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
As I said previously, what Jesus was doing there is talking about His mission's being to the Jews first.  He was not saying Gentiles were to be treated as lesser people.  This is not in any way, shape, or form an excuse for racism, nor an example of Jesus' racism.  Dig deeper.

What you are trying (and failing) to do here, is to excuse your own personal racism by warping Scripture to defend sin.

You're not the first to defend your own sin with distortion of Scripture, and you certainly won't be the last.  (Democrats have been doing it for more than a century to excuse their racism).

You just won't get away with it here.

And on that note...........   :seeya:

I totally understand your feelings.  That incident has troubled a lot of people but not me.  It simply illustrates that Jesus was totally human and totally divine.

He understood his mission at the time but he came to understand it more fully later.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I assume you're referring to the passage where Jesus compares a Gentile woman to a "dog."  It's commonly misinterpreted to mean he was being derogatory, but if we know who Jesus is, all loving, we know that a surface interpretation can't be correct.

Jesus, in that passage, was talking about His mission to the Jews first (the Gentiles would come later).  The normal pejorative about them was to call them dogs........ wild, mangy scavengers.  The word Jesus used was the term for a pet.... a puppy dog, if you will.

And if you remember, he DID heal the woman's daughter.

The argument that He......... the Creator of every race and people........... was racist doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

Sorry I brought it up because it troubles so many people.  Not me.  Jesus was totally human and totally divine.  And I think Jesus evolved in his understanding of what God wanted him to do.

Offline KingsX

And I quote:

Maybe Musiclady should be a mod... she already considers herself one.

I wonder how many would dust off their feet and move on.

Someone told me this forum was a "sanctuary"... but my witness has been totally different.

From the moment I came here I've been personally attacked by trolls because of my ideology.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 09:06:55 pm by KingsX »

Offline musiclady

And I quote:

Mod note:  You did not have to, I saw it.  I left it to serve as a reminder of why we are not a "Religion Forum."

Thank you, Mod.

"Religion" has been used as a cover for many issues that people just want to argue.  TOS is a great reminder of why you are right to keep the standards high here.

Sorry if I overstepped my regular old lowly poster boundaries here.   ^-^

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It is certainly not an "offense," it's a simple declaration of the ground rules of TBR!  We are not a "Religion Forum," in the sense that this is not a place to have deep theological discussions about the various meanings and interpretations of Spirituality, however the reader wishes to understand it. 

I certainly do not wish for you to leave, I hope you choose to stay with us, but this particular discussion of the Bible has gone on for about as long as we, the Management, want it to.  It's been a long-standing rule.

You are totally right and I regret anything I posted that prolonged a totally useless religious discussion that always ends up with people being mean to each other.  Instead of "Love one another as I have loved you."

I'll bow out now.

Online corbe

It doesn't take a Mod to figure out your pushing your luck here @KingsX especially after the stern but polite suggestion offered above by MOD2, don't push it - unless you want to leave and be dramatic about it.
   Every Briefer has value to this Forum, including YOU, and as a Mod informed me Monday there is a time and place for anything and this ain't it.

Peace, Out.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

Sorry I brought it up because it troubles so many people.  Not me.  Jesus was totally human and totally divine.  And I think Jesus evolved in his understanding of what God wanted him to do.

But without sin.........  which, if I may end my part of this discussion on...... racism CLEARLY is.

(We can discuss the divinity of Jesus and what that means, privately).

Offline RoosGirl

Imma bouta dust mine off cause of you.

Offline musiclady

Someone told me this forum was a "sanctuary"... but my witness has been totally different.

From the moment I came here I've been personally attacked by trolls because of my ideology.

Ummm............... I don't think of myself as a Mod.  We have been told repeatedly that, rather than take on offenders in what we believe are posts that break forum rules, to just report them to the Mods.

That is because we are NOT Mods, and do not CONSIDER OURSELVES to be Mods.

That's how the forum runs smoothly.

If I get out of line (which I do on occasion), a Mod will step in and either delete a post of mine, or tell me to cool it.

And then I do, because I'm very invested in this forum and its success as a fine place to discuss everything.

I would suggest, however, that your habit of calling the good conservatives here "trolls" stop.

It ain't nice, and it ain't true.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 09:12:14 pm by musiclady »

Offline KingsX

The irony is.... everyone who reads this topic has received an education WHY people today are so  easily "offended" by the least little bit of information that is contrary to their narrow world view, why PCism  is continually allowed to run amok in this society, why no one dares to stand up to stop it and why this nation is ready to implode.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 09:21:15 pm by KingsX »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

The irony is.... everyone who reads this topic has received an education WHY people today are so  easily "offended" by the least little bit of information that is contrary to their narrow world view, why PCism  is continually allowed to run amok in this society, why no one dares to stand up to stop it and why this nation is ready to implode.

The irony is thick.

Almost as thick as this delicious piece of Pumpkin Pie...

...that I have sitting on the table in The Lounge right now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

@KingsX I wouldn't dispute that fact but this is a private Conservative Forum which has a very limited set of rules we all try to abide by, the censorship here is minuscule compared to other places I've been.  We all appreciate the job the Owner and the Mods are doing to keep such a divergent group of opinionated people occupied/entertained, they deserve our respect.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DiogenesLamp

In my family we had Methodists,  Baptists,  Church of Christ,  Seventh Day Adventists,  Catholics,  Pentecostals,  and what have you.   

I can remember many a family gathering  in which everybody would have dinner while explaining to the other family members why they were all going to hell!     

At one time such events were amusing and interesting,   but I now find this sort of interdenominational bickering to be boring.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —