Author Topic: Trump: 'I can't believe the media produced such beautiful children'  (Read 2377 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Trump: 'I can't believe the media produced such beautiful children'
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2017, 01:07:30 am »
I criticize Trump when I think he deserves criticism.  I praise him when I think he deserves praise.  I encourage everyone to do this.  Sadly, many of the Trump sycophants that I've seen, simply praise him -- regardless of what he does.  I criticized Obama sycophants when they did this, and I do the same for the Trump sycophants. 

It’s demeaning calling someone a Trump sycophant. That never invites thoughtful conversation.

Anyway, a sycophant is a person who acts obsequiously towards someone important in order to gain advantage.

By what reasoning does a Trump supporter on this board hope to gain advantage with President Trump?

And what do you hope to gain by constantly criticizing Trump’s personality, which many agree is quirky. And that’s fine. But if you support his policies and want him to move his agenda forward, shouldn’t that matter more to you? Why pile on with the democrats in attacking him? This is what many of us don’t understand. Unless this is just more virtue signaling?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2017, 01:12:07 am »

And what do you hope to gain by constantly criticizing Trump’s personality, which many agree is quirky. And that’s fine. But if you support his policies and want him to move his agenda forward, shouldn’t that matter more to you? Why pile on with the democrats in attacking him? This is what many of us don’t understand. Unless this is just more virtue signaling?

What do you think would happen if all of us stopped making fun of Trump's personality? 

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2017, 01:15:41 am »
Not sure what that has to do with my post, but I will respond to your statement: Then how do you know what your enemy is up to?

I don't consider anyone here at TBR an enemy or even an opponent. Your dislike of Donald Trump is your problem. And if you never get aboard the Trump Train, well then that's your prerogative.

But don't worry about it, us Trump supporters will get things done without ya, such as more conservatives on the Supreme Court. You can sit back and enjoy the benefits.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2017, 01:17:30 am »
It’s demeaning calling someone a Trump sycophant. That never invites thoughtful conversation.

Anyway, a sycophant is a person who acts obsequiously towards someone important in order to gain advantage.

By what reasoning does a Trump supporter on this board hope to gain advantage with President Trump?

I agree completely that it's "demeaning" to specifically call someone a "Trump sycophant".  That's exactly why I don't think I identified anyone specifically as a "Trump sycophant".  If I did, kindly let me know when/where exactly I did, by name, of course.

I don't think I've "constantly criticized Trump's personalty".  There are some days where I don't even post here, so I fail to see how it can be accurately claimed that I've "constantly criticized Trump's personality". 

Look, I want a President to act Presidential.  I want him to take the high road at times.  I want him to honor rather than to criticize Gold Star families.  Unfortunately, President Trump doesn't seem to be able to let a fight go and will fight with any and everyone regardless of whether they are hurting or not.  I despise that pettiness and will continue to criticize it.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2017, 01:21:08 am »
Wrong again, i'm happy as a clam. Trump is doing an excellent job with more great things to come over the next seven years.

Now for a homework assignment...I want ya to do the following, write "President Donald Trump" on a chalkboard 1,000 times, maybe you'll learn to like it.

The school in which I teach was built in the 40s and we still have whiteboards. Sheesh. Bring your insults into this century.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2017, 01:23:24 am »
I don't consider anyone here at TBR an enemy or even an opponent. Your dislike of Donald Trump is your problem. And if you never get aboard the Trump Train, well then that's your prerogative.

But don't worry about it, us Trump supporters will get things done without ya, such as more conservatives on the Supreme Court. You can sit back and enjoy the benefits.

:thud: Who said anything about TBR? I was referencing HuffPo. Focus grasshopper.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Silver Pines

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2017, 01:25:20 am »
@stephen50right

Disliking Donald Trump is not a "problem" and it's not a moral failing.  He's a politician.  A public servant.  Americans are not bound to "like" those.

What are you going to do, exactly?  I thought the job was getting him elected.  Isn't it up to him to perform now?

Silver Pines

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2017, 01:29:26 am »
This has been discussed in another thread...there are no Trump worshipers, no such thing exists and that is a fact. Donald Trump probably has the best base of clear minded, conservative supporters since Ronald Reagan...if you're old enough to remember who he was.

@stephen50right

Go check out the Trump worship thread.  You'll find a picture of Trump as Jesus Christ, among other things.

I'll try to find the tweet I saw from the Trump fan who was cursing John Podhoretz for not liking Trump.   I scrolled down the guy's page, and there was a tweet to Trump:  "You're a god!!  Yes, I might be over-enthusiastic lol!"

I'll post it in the worship thread to prove Trump worship is a myth.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2017, 01:39:57 am »
@stephen50right

Go check out the Trump worship thread.  You'll find a picture of Trump as Jesus Christ, among other things.

I'll try to find the tweet I saw from the Trump fan who was cursing John Podhoretz for not liking Trump.   I scrolled down the guy's page, and there was a tweet to Trump:  "You're a god!!  Yes, I might be over-enthusiastic lol!"

I'll post it in the worship thread to prove Trump worship is a myth.

Pretty interesting how quickly they got to two legs better.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Silver Pines

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2017, 01:52:02 am »
Pretty interesting how quickly they got to two legs better.

Lol

Offline musiclady

« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2017, 02:03:36 am »
This has been discussed in another thread...there are no Trump worshipers, no such thing exists and that is a fact. Donald Trump probably has the best base of clear minded, conservative supporters since Ronald Reagan...if you're old enough to remember who he was.

How about the photo of Trump as the crucified Christ, or as Christ driving the money changers from the Temple?   I never even saw Obama worship as blasphemous as those.  That devotion, young'n, is worship, and THAT is a FACT.

As for the "clear minded Conservative voters"......................... Oh, DEAR, that's a funny one!  But it does prove how devoted you are as well to your Leader.....

(btw, did you ever look up the definition of "jump the shark?"  You used that term to insult me.......well, to try, and fail to insult me, and you clearly had no idea what you were saying. Did you ever look it up?).

@stephen50right
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online corbe

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2017, 02:24:36 am »
I agree completely that it's "demeaning" to specifically call someone a "Trump sycophant".  That's exactly why I don't think I identified anyone specifically as a "Trump sycophant".  If I did, kindly let me know when/where exactly I did, by name, of course.

I don't think I've "constantly criticized Trump's personalty".  There are some days where I don't even post here, so I fail to see how it can be accurately claimed that I've "constantly criticized Trump's personality". 

Look, I want a President to act Presidential.  I want him to take the high road at times.  I want him to honor rather than to criticize Gold Star families.  Unfortunately, President Trump doesn't seem to be able to let a fight go and will fight with any and everyone regardless of whether they are hurting or not.  I despise that pettiness and will continue to criticize it.

:beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2017, 03:29:00 am »
Watching the whole video, it was clear he was just trying to be funny, and I see nothing that anyone should get upset over. And anyone that knows me, knowd I am not a big fan of him.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2017, 05:43:37 pm »
Even most liberals say that Trump raised some mighty fine children. Trump's kids are all well mannered, hard working, patriotic adults.

So however Trump treats children, he must of done something right. What better example than one's own children...don't you agree?

Trump didn't raise his children. His wives did and he admits it.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/269312-trumps-ex-wife-i-raised-the-kids

Some of Trump's comments from interviews over the years:

"I’ll supply funds and she’ll take care of the kids."

“I mean, I won’t do anything to take care of them. I’ll supply funds and she’ll take care of the kids. It’s not like I’m gonna be walking the kids down Central Park,”

Trump said that Tiffany visits him, “You know for about an hour, ‘Hi dad,’ Hi Tiff, I love you Tiff.’ She’s a great kid,”

http://fortune.com/2016/04/24/trump-act-like-wife/

As for his children turning out okay I disagree. I won't comment on the youngest. But the others are as snaky as their father. No, I do not agree that his children turned out okay. They are as sleazy in business as their father is.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2017, 05:51:04 pm »
I watched this on video, and you get a completely different take than by just reading about it.

He's got a great sense of humor and he was complimentary to the parents of the children surrounding him.

....which can't hurt today.   Or next week.   {wink}
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2017, 05:51:59 pm »
Watching the whole video, it was clear he was just trying to be funny, and I see nothing that anyone should get upset over. And anyone that knows me, knowd I am not a big fan of him.

Over the years I have never ran across one woman who thought that a man putting his hands on her butt or breasts was "funny". Quite the opposite. Now I know some men think it is funny. But women?

How about this scenario for men. Another guy comes up to you and fondles your private parts. Are you going to laugh or punch his lights out. How did it feel? Did it feel pretty icky? Are you embarrassed? Do you feel like the person respected you?

I was raised to keep my hands to myself and that people who touched you inappropriately had a problem. There was something wrong with them. My mother never told me that I should laugh because it was funny.

It seems that Republicans can be just as big of a pervert as a Democrat can be. It used to be rare that we'd hear about a Republican behaving like this but they are becoming more and more like their former adversaries in many ways recently. Perhaps this is just another way they are moving more to the left.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2017, 05:54:47 pm »
Over the years I have never ran across one woman who thought that a man putting his hands on her butt or breasts was "funny". Quite the opposite. Now I know some men think it is funny. But women?

How about this scenario for men. Another guy comes up to you and fondles your private parts. Are you going to laugh or punch his lights out. How did it feel? Did it feel pretty icky? Are you embarrassed? Do you feel like the person respected you?

I was raised to keep my hands to myself and that people who touched you inappropriately had a problem. There was something wrong with them. My mother never told me that I should laugh because it was funny.

It seems that Republicans can be just as big of a pervert as a Democrat can be. It used to be rare that we'd hear about a Republican behaving like this but they are becoming more and more like their former adversaries in many ways recently. Perhaps this is just another way they are moving more to the left.

Of course it's another symptom of the Republican party's moving left.

It wasn't that long ago that there was a clear distinction between the moral behavior of the left and right.  There were offenders on the right, but they were shamed and left office because of it.

Because of Trump, that is no more.  We now apparently welcome perversion with open arms.....   **nononono*

@ConservativeGranny
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 05:55:18 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2017, 07:37:15 pm »

That wasnt what I was commenting on. What he said about the media's children was him trying to be funny, and I'm not seeing anything horribly wrong in what and how he said it. Now what he has done to and said  about women in the past, I absolutly find disgusting, and one of the biggest reasons I could not support his campaign.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 07:37:59 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2017, 08:23:25 pm »
That wasnt what I was commenting on. What he said about the media's children was him trying to be funny, and I'm not seeing anything horribly wrong in what and how he said it. Now what he has done to and said  about women in the past, I absolutly find disgusting, and one of the biggest reasons I could not support his campaign.

Thanks for setting me straight Navy. My sincere apologies. I completely misunderstood your comment.

Silver Pines

« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2017, 08:31:04 pm »
Even most liberals say that Trump raised some mighty fine children. Trump's kids are all well mannered, hard working, patriotic adults.

So however Trump treats children, he must of done something right. What better example than one's own children...don't you agree?

@stephen50right

I think you mean "must have."

Trump's kids are all liberals, so your accolades are empty as far as I'm concerned.  Also, he didn't raise them.  He admits it.

Offline berdie

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2017, 01:34:13 am »

I hate to be negative...but how do we really know how "mighty fine" these children are?

They might be just that (excepting the fact that they are liberals) but unless we personally know them...forget what the media portrays.