Author Topic: Trump: 'Nobody could have done what I’ve done for Puerto Rico with so little appreciation'  (Read 7118 times)

Offline musiclady

@musiclady

That's what I don't understand. I wouldn't exhaust myself trying to tell members how and what
to post.  They wouldn't pay any attention to my instructions, and rightly so. 

If what you posted can be described as aggravated, lol, then I guess one of my temper flares qualifies as first degree murder.

LOL! I guess it's kind of amusing when you're sitting at your computer, cool as a cucumber, enjoying the day, and someone calls you "aggravated."

That said, it is curious as to why some seem so desperate to squelch opinions varying from their own.  It's one thing to counter those opinions with your own, and quite another to screech STOP SAYING THAT!   ^-^

I guess I've always been rebel enough to enjoy the differences of opinion, and to try to articulate rational responses when I disagree.   Other than the one or two who tend to troll around here, people express their differing views well, and I enjoy reading both sides of most debates on TBR.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline roamer_1

Right---they're both true.  Why do we have to lionize these people and pretend their pasts don't exist?  Melania seems to be a very personable, friendly, kind individual.  We can judge her on that basis without silly whitewashing.

@CatherineofAragon

Regardless of her attributes, She undoubtedly retains the dubious title of being the first First Lady of the United States of America to have widely distributed naked photos. She may be a lot of pleasant things (and I do think she is), but that ain't right.

@RoosGirl
@musiclady

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

@musiclady

That's what I don't understand. I wouldn't exhaust myself trying to tell members how and what
to post.  They wouldn't pay any attention to my instructions, and rightly so. 

If what you posted can be described as aggravated, lol, then I guess one of my temper flares qualifies as first degree murder.

Feel free to tell other members what to post, as long as they agree with me.  Thanks.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline RoosGirl

@CatherineofAragon

Regardless of her attributes, She undoubtedly retains the dubious title of being the first First Lady of the United States of America to have widely distributed naked photos. She may be a lot of pleasant things (and I do think she is), but that ain't right.

@RoosGirl
@musiclady

Someone earlier was chastising me for saying that Trump's behavior damages the office of POTUS.  How dare I say such a thing compared to the damage that Clinton and Obama caused.  I think it's funny in a sad kind of way.  We're no longer able to analyze the worthiness of a particular person without taking into account how bad the person(s) before him were.

Think in 1992 a candidate whose wife had posed for nude pictures would be taken seriously?

Offline musiclady

Someone earlier was chastising me for saying that Trump's behavior damages the office of POTUS.  How dare I say such a thing compared to the damage that Clinton and Obama caused.  I think it's funny in a sad kind of way.  We're no longer able to analyze the worthiness of a particular person without taking into account how bad the person(s) before him were.

Think in 1992 a candidate whose wife had posed for nude pictures would be taken seriously?

No kidding.

It shows you how far and how deep the cultural rot in this country has really become.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

@CatherineofAragon

@RoosGirl
@musiclady

I guess we're not supposed to say that anything "ain't right" any more.   :shrug:

Offline RoosGirl

I guess we're not supposed to say that anything "ain't right" any more.   :shrug:

Oh dear, does that mean I have to resign my membership?   :pondering:

Nah, that would make too many people here happy!   :laugh:

Offline musiclady

Oh dear, does that mean I have to resign my membership?   :pondering:

Nah, that would make too many people here happy!   :laugh:

Not THAT many! 

(Few enough to ignore, anyway!  :beer:)