Author Topic: Trump: 'Nobody could have done what I’ve done for Puerto Rico with so little appreciation'  (Read 7124 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
HELLO, DONALD???????

Remember a guy named George W. and 9/11 and Katrina, etc., etc., etc.....???

The difference between him and you is that he wasn't a pre-pubescent whiner who needed never-ending praise.

Thank you.  Reality.  Trump needs attention bad.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

Just like a needy, badly behaved child at school.

Doesn't matter what kind of attention he gets, as long as he gets it, and everybody looks at him.

It's one of the sorriest things I've ever seen......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

Doesn't matter what kind of attention he gets, as long as he gets it, and everybody looks at him.

I know I'll get some eyerolls for this, but I'm pretty sure Donald Trump is legitimately a narcissist in the textbook sense. Does that automatically make him horrible and an incapable leader? No, of course not, but yeah, he definitely displays a lot of narcissistic characteristics.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 05:30:11 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Excuse me ... Donald Trump's little plea for credit is one of the sorriest things you've ever seen?

I just read the New Yorker article about Harvey Weinstein and it makes a case for the entire entertainment industry being corrupt.

The richest and most successful Black athletes refuse to respect our flag because they feel oppressed by America.

The Clinton's have multiple murder, rape and corruption in their past.

Barack Obama made a serious attempt to socialize America, permit terrorists into our country and made race relations worse than ever.

But, I guess I digress.

Trump has been a pretty decent president and has done well in many areas, including his instant help for Puerto Rico.

We all know Donald Trump has a childish streak and likes credit.

But, his plea for credit is about 100 degrees from the sorriest thing I ever saw.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

I know I'll get some eyerolls for this, but I'm pretty sure Donald Trump is legitimately a narcissist in the textbook sense. Does that automatically make him horrible and an incapable leader? No, of course not, but yeah, he definitely displays a lot of narcissistic characteristics.

This is the kind of honest dialogue I appreciate.  It makes further conversation, including disagreement, so much easier and more civil when you know the other person has a toe in reality and isn't trying to just bullshit you.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
This is the kind of honest dialogue I appreciate.  It makes further conversation, including disagreement, so much easier and more civil when you know the other person has a toe in reality and isn't trying to just bullshit you.

I seriously appreciate that. I strive to have intellectual integrity, hard as it may be sometimes.

Thank you.

:thumbsup:
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline RoosGirl

I seriously appreciate that. I strive to have intellectual integrity, hard as it may be sometimes.

Thank you.

:thumbsup:

It's downright impossible for me sometimes.   :laugh:

Offline aligncare

I don't even disagree with Trump necessarily it's just that he has handles these things with no tack and makes himself look like a crybaby in the process.

Only to his critics. His supporters are stuck to him like glue.

Offline RoosGirl

LOL  The thought hadn't even crossed my mind.   :whistle:

Offline roamer_1

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Yes, Trump's supporters are loyal, but I think the vast majority of people can make the distinction between some irritating and childish tweeting and the general actions of the Trump administration.

One almost gets the feeling that a lot of people here take Trump's tweets personally, as though he is embarrassing them.

I think we need to grow up as much as Trump does.

Offline aligncare

Actually, the difference between a guy named George W. and President Trump is that guy rolled over and never fought back while the President won't roll over, does fight back, and gets the truth out.   

And, yes, I know ... fighting back is nasty business and isn't very nice.   :shrug:

As Rush has been saying lately of Trump’s actions, this is what fighting back looks like, folks. It ain’t pretty but this is what it looks like.

Offline roamer_1

As Rush has been saying lately of Trump’s actions, this is what fighting back looks like, folks. It ain’t pretty but this is what it looks like.

No it isn't. He's blustery, petty, vindictive, and juvenile.
Battleship mouth and a rowboat ass.

Offline aligncare

Feel better, now?

Offline roamer_1

Feel better, now?

Nope.
Your emperor is buck-ass nekkid. Somebody's got to say so.

Offline libertybele

Reality?  Ok.  The reality is this country was hit by 3 major hurricanes within weeks of each other.  The catastrophic devastation to Texas, Florida and Peurto Rico is one for the record books.  Harvey (Cat 4) stalled over TX for days; the flooding alone was of historical proportions. Irma (Cat 5) sideswiped Puerto Rico  knocking out most of its power grid and ravaged the Keys and did damage to a lot of Florida cities and flooded areas up into the panhandle. Puerto Rico then took a direct hit from Maria (Cat 5) devastating the island.  The damage from these 3 major hurricanes was significantly catastrophic.  As I've stated previously, the restoration for some areas will take years.  There is no quick fix.

As an observation ... people in TX are still putting parts of their state back together as is FL.  They are considered red states and I don't hear a whole lot of moaning and complaining.  The complaint is coming from liberals in Puerto Rico.  Trump had every right to proclaim loudly that he did a great job in Puerto Rico that was unappreciated and did so AFTER he received so much flack from the despicable major of San Juan.

President Trump deserves a pat on the back and the major of San Juan deserves a slap in the face.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Silver Pines

@aligncare

Which is bizarre and disturbing.  Americans don't "stick like glue" to personalities and politicians, but to principles and the Constitution.

But then it's a cult of personality, so...

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Reality?  Ok.  The reality is this country was hit by 3 major hurricanes within weeks of each other.  The catastrophic devastation to Texas, Florida and Peurto Rico is one for the record books.  Harvey (Cat 4) stalled over TX for days; the flooding alone was of historical proportions. Irma (Cat 5) sideswiped Puerto Rico  knocking out most of its power grid and ravaged the Keys and did damage to a lot of Florida cities and flooded areas up into the panhandle. Puerto Rico then took a direct hit from Maria (Cat 5) devastating the island.  The damage from these 3 major hurricanes was significantly catastrophic.  As I've stated previously, the restoration for some areas will take years.  There is no quick fix.

As an observation ... people in TX are still putting parts of their state back together as is FL.  They are considered red states and I don't hear a whole lot of moaning and complaining.  The complaint is coming from liberals in Puerto Rico.  Trump had every right to proclaim loudly that he did a great job in Puerto Rico that was unappreciated and did so AFTER he received so much flack from the despicable major of San Juan.

President Trump deserves a pat on the back and the major of San Juan deserves a slap in the face.

Total Amen.  Houston area people are working hard to help themselves and their neighbors and we haven't heard one whine from them.

That Puerto Rican Mayor had absolutely no reason to make the statements she did, except for the usual liberal griping and Trump hate.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I see that you get off on making over the top accusations about Trump.  It's so dang easy.

How about trying a more balanced take on the general accomplishments of the Trump administration.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Hey.... remember the good ole days?   When.... our side used to mock, point & laugh at, and diss how many times Obama used the word "I" in his speeches?

Shsssss! You are not supposed to point that out. : )
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline RoosGirl

I see that you get off on making over the top accusations about Trump.  It's so dang easy.

How about trying a more balanced take on the general accomplishments of the Trump administration.

You have to look at the overall balance of the forum.  With some of the crazy Trump apologetics, sometimes a little over the top accusation is needed for balance.   :laugh:

Offline roamer_1

Nothing over the top about it at all. Every word I have spoken is self-evident by way of simple observation.

General accomplishments? WHAT general accomplishments. 98% of his accomplishments disappear with his administration. What EXACTLY should make me change my mind and issue a rosy outlook full of praise?

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
@aligncare

Which is bizarre and disturbing.  Americans don't "stick like glue" to personalities and politicians, but to principles and the Constitution.

But then it's a cult of personality, so...

And I used to think the cult of personality surrounding Obama was bad….

Great song BTW.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline musiclady

Excuse me ... Donald Trump's little plea for credit is one of the sorriest things you've ever seen?

I just read the New Yorker article about Harvey Weinstein and it makes a case for the entire entertainment industry being corrupt.

The richest and most successful Black athletes refuse to respect our flag because they feel oppressed by America.

The Clinton's have multiple murder, rape and corruption in their past.

Barack Obama made a serious attempt to socialize America, permit terrorists into our country and made race relations worse than ever.

But, I guess I digress.

Trump has been a pretty decent president and has done well in many areas, including his instant help for Puerto Rico.

We all know Donald Trump has a childish streak and likes credit.

But, his plea for credit is about 100 degrees from the sorriest thing I ever saw.

He's a child.  And he's President.  And he's supposedly a "Republican.'

Yeah....... that's sorry.  And embarrassing.  And un-American.

I know you want strong criticism of Trump to stop because he's done a few decent things, but his behavior and cry-baby plea for "credit" is pathetic.  Sorry.

An adult doesn't behave this way.  A President doesn't behave this way.  Sorry.

But then, you knew that when you voted for him, and are trying desperately to make some sort of lemonade here.

And for your consistency, I give you credit.

You don't give up, even when Trump's behavior is sorry......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.