Author Topic: White House warns ‘potentially ambitious’ Republicans about 2020  (Read 5925 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: White House warns ‘potentially ambitious’ Republicans about 2020
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2017, 07:46:41 pm »
Not one of you NT-ers has made a legitimate argument.

We understand that discussing principles goes over your head.

I'm off to watch Breaking Bad re-runs.

See?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online roamer_1

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2017, 07:50:44 pm »
Well, I wouldn't.  And telling me something simply isn't true is not an argument.  No debating points there.

Pence is a nice guy who could never get elected and having Pence take the oath would mean that Trump had been impeached.  Not a good thing.

No difference to me. All you required was possibility, and nothing is more possible... and Pence would definitely be better for this country than Trump. And would get more done, from a Conservative perspective.

And I would be happy to see Trump impeached if the veracity of the evidence calls for it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2017, 07:51:45 pm »
We understand that discussing principles goes over your head.

See?

:silly: :silly: :silly:
 888high58888

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2017, 08:07:35 pm »
Is that it, RoosGirl?  An icon.  Use your words.

Why bother?  You keep repeating the same bullshit, not able to grasp the simple math, that a vote against both Hillary and Trump is indeed not a vote a Hillary.  You keep repeating the same bullshit, not able to grasp the simple truth, that some people are not as willing as yourself and others to compromise their principles in the name of pragmatism.  For whatever reason, that is none of my business, you talked yourself out of your principles.  I dunno, maybe you never really had any.  And it makes people like you "dislike" us because we have stuck to ours.   The funny part is we don't care if you dislike us.  It is a bit of a frustration when you fail to learn these things.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2017, 01:34:20 am »
Why bother?  You keep repeating the same bullshit, not able to grasp the simple math, that a vote against both Hillary and Trump is indeed not a vote a Hillary.  You keep repeating the same bullshit, not able to grasp the simple truth, that some people are not as willing as yourself and others to compromise their principles in the name of pragmatism.  For whatever reason, that is none of my business, you talked yourself out of your principles.  I dunno, maybe you never really had any.  And it makes people like you "dislike" us because we have stuck to ours.   The funny part is we don't care if you dislike us.  It is a bit of a frustration when you fail to learn these things.

Whoa !!!  RoosGirl.  You do have words.  Stupid, insulting words but words, which is good.

See, you're still bragging about your principles and calling other people lacking in principles.

Not one of you NT-ers has been able to express a cogent argument  to support your stance.

Let me speak slowly.  We are talking about replacing a flawed human being who has expressed and made some efforts to enact conservative goals with some mystical person you cannot name and who does not exist.

I don't dislike you at all but I wish you would be honest with yourself and not glorify yourself because you made an easy choice that would have been horribly destructive if enough other people had made it.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2017, 02:05:45 am »

Whoa !!!  RoosGirl.  You do have words.  Stupid, insulting words but words, which is good.

See, you're still bragging about your principles and calling other people lacking in principles.

Not one of you NT-ers has been able to express a cogent argument  to support your stance.

Let me speak slowly.  We are talking about replacing a flawed human being who has expressed and made some efforts to enact conservative goals with some mystical person you cannot name and who does not exist.

I don't dislike you at all but I wish you would be honest with yourself and not glorify yourself because you made an easy choice that would have been horribly destructive if enough other people had made it.

Are you okay?  You're having trouble remembering what you wrote earlier, the thing you "dislike the most" about NT ers...

You realize you're calling my comment insulting and at the same time calling me "stupid" in several different ways.

There's no bragging in what I wrote, I don't feel overly proud about my third party vote, it's just a decision I made.  Just like your decision to not vote at all, which really gives you a hell of a lot of nerve giving anyone your opinion on how they voted.

I disagree with you adamantly, if enough people had 1) made the decision to not vote for Trump in the primary 2) made the decision to vote for a conservative in the general like I did, I think we'd be in a much better place than we are right now.

You have some weird bipolar quirk of going from being for Cruz to not voting for Trump but getting behind him since that's who won to now acting like an ET.  Troll much?

P.S.  You asked who could do better than Trump.  People answered you, and when they did you moved the goal posts.  I didn't and I won't engage in that silly little game of yours.

Online libertybele

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2017, 02:25:03 am »
There's a war going on for the soul of the country, and voting 3rd party is akin to playing your fiddle while Rome burns. Can't really blame you, it takes courage to jump into the fight...and the sense to realize all of your allies aren't saints and perfect angels, though they are ALL fighting for common goals like real borders, the end of gov't healthcare, conservative courts, less regulation and markets that are more free....but heck, that takes maturity and experience to recognize.

So sit on the sidelines and pass judgement. Wear your halo of ideological perfection. Sip your tea and play your fiddle while the rest of us actually fight for the values I listed above...and yes, we fight alongside an uncouth, obnoxious, often egocentric and eccentric....President who is fighting like Abraham Lincoln once fought for the preservation of all those things we ALL hold dear. You never get to fight key battles with the army you want, you fight them with the army you got...and if you lack the guts to do that then you are right to think you're safer hiding on the sidelines with a 3rd party candidate. 

And that ain't an ounce of bullship, its just the cold hard truth of the situation.

Notice this...its the moderates (Murkowski, Collins, Flake, McCain, Graham) who are fighting against the president...and it isn't because his agenda is too moderate or liberal. Its because they fear his conservative agenda and want to thwart it at its roots...the "conservatives" like Cruz, Paul (fiscally conservative at least), and others are setting aside their personal whims and are fighting WITH the president to move his agenda forward. They do so, because they have the maturity and courage to set aside personal whims for the sake of the country. That's what good and wise men and women do.

Very well stated! Nope, I don't like Trump's uncouth, obnoxious, often egocentric and eccentric mannerisms, and certainly feel that the office of the President should be respected; though respect needs to be earned. Because of his personality though he has created a lot of the obstruction going on against him which is concerning. Granted the obstruction against him was agreed upon by the RINO's and DEMS before he took office, but antagonizing them hasn't been an asset, nor has it rallied more support by those who were opposed to him in the first place. While I agree with most of what you are saying, it seems to me that Cruz, Lee, Paul, are trying to help him and he's failing to utilize their efforts and align himself with them.  If you may recall, he went up against the Freedom Caucus; the one group who could have helped him. Yes, Trump seems to have a conservative agenda, but to me it seems that he has ignored the help of conservatives and I question why.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2017, 02:45:45 am »
Yes, Trump seems to have a conservative agenda, but to me it seems that he has ignored the help of conservatives and I question why.

He told conservatives he didn't need them.  Do you think he comes across as the kind of guy that would say something like that and then admit he needs their help?

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2017, 03:06:26 am »
You're doing no such thing except legitimizing evil and putting a label on it while exclaiming it is "conservative'.

Eventually, like I said - it will come down to a choice between Lenin and Stalin and you will be insisting that it is practical to elect Lenin to keep 'real evil from power'.

Have fun with your Communism-lite.

We have other plans.

Our "legitimate" evil put a hardcore conservative on the supreme court. Your foolishness would have put Merrick Garland there in his stead, swaying the court to the Left for the next 30 years. Brilliant.

Further, our "legitimate" evil got us out of the Paris agreement, NAFTA redone, and pushed HARD for Obamacare repeal and replace, a wall on the southern border, cutting of taxes and the re-invigoration of our armed forces. ALL conservative goals and ALL things no democrat would ever move towards. So only a true idiot could proclaim the two things as being moral equivalents...or perhaps...someone dishonest and vindictive who's the equivalent of an angry and petty child because his/her favored candidate lost in the primary. Take your pick.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Applewood

« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2017, 03:15:23 am »
I'm not sure Trump will last his first term, let alone run for a second term.  So the whole issue may be moot. 

In any event I see Republicans losing their majorities in both houses of congress before 2020.  So it may not matter who is president in 2020.  We will all be screwed.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 03:16:49 am by Applewood »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2017, 03:19:59 am »
Our "legitimate" evil put a hardcore conservative on the supreme court.

Con men always throw meager bones out there to keep their intended victims playing at the table until they are wholly fleeced.

Besides the fact, I don't play the game of using SCOTUS to decide the balance of power in the country like you and your Communist counterparts do.  That everyone hands them the power they have usurped for themselves to decide what laws fit the agenda they serve and what rights exist and what must be erased in accordance to ideology is not one I afford them.

Your foolishness would have put Merrick Garland there in his stead, swaying the court to the Left for the next 30 years. Brilliant.

Irrelevant to me.  The federal Beast has already made itself illegitimate as far as I am concerned.  It doesn't matter to me that you want to put band aids on bone cancer.

Further, our "legitimate" evil got us out of the Paris agreement, NAFTA redone, and pushed HARD for Obamacare repeal and replace, a wall on the southern border, cutting of taxes and the re-invigoration of our armed forces.

He will make the trains run on time for you too.

So only a true idiot could proclaim the two things as being moral equivalents...or perhaps...someone dishonest and vindictive who's the equivalent of an angry and petty child because his/her favored candidate lost in the primary.

Only a dishonest imbecile insists that a lifelong self-serving NYC Liberal Democrat is a Conservative.   

But feel free to keep seig-heiling your leader to your heart's content.  I'm not going to try to persuade you to stop playing cheerleader.

I have more important things to do.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online libertybele

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2017, 03:44:37 am »
Our "legitimate" evil put a hardcore conservative on the supreme court. Your foolishness would have put Merrick Garland there in his stead, swaying the court to the Left for the next 30 years. Brilliant.

Further, our "legitimate" evil got us out of the Paris agreement, NAFTA redone, and pushed HARD for Obamacare repeal and replace, a wall on the southern border, cutting of taxes and the re-invigoration of our armed forces. ALL conservative goals and ALL things no democrat would ever move towards. So only a true idiot could proclaim the two things as being moral equivalents...or perhaps...someone dishonest and vindictive who's the equivalent of an angry and petty child because his/her favored candidate lost in the primary. Take your pick.

Out of the Paris agreement, check.  NAFTA redone?  Not so sure about that, wouldn't Congress have to approve renegotiating NAFTA? If so, I missed it.  As for the border wall, that was not included in the recent budget  and no $$ have been allocated for a border wall as well as no $$ for future funding.  On Bammycare, Trump went after the Freedom Caucus instead of applauding their repeal stance and then the House sent a half baked bill on to the Senate where they have failed several times to repeal/replace, or repeal, or replace and we're still waiting.  Armed forces, check. Cutting taxes remains to be seen, again, if I missed it, please enlighten me.  I'm not trying to be difficult here, and President Trump has made an effort, but really so far he has failed in getting the RINO's and the DEMS to go along with him.  Yes, we have Gorsuch, but as far as I know, he hasn't ruled on anything of significance to indicate that he will rule in accordance with the Constitution and in line with conservatism. Yes, I agree with what you state in theory, but IMHO, I don't really see where Trump has delivered.  Yes, we don't have Hillary as President and we have Gorsuch instead of Garland.  Since he's been in office, we have 2.6% GDP and unemployment is the lowest in almost 14 years. Those things are great and Trump should be applauded.  I'm still waiting on the border wall; that's the number one issue that launched his campaign and won him the oval office.  I'm still waiting on repeal of Bammycare; he and just about everyone else used that while campaigning.  He bragged about making better deals and renegotiating NAFTA; I'm still waiting. In all fairness, we are only 8 months into his administration. I have hope. I still stand behind this President and wish him success.  As for 2020, we have to make it through the 2018 mid-terms first as we cannot afford to lose the majority in either House; it would be disastrous for this country.  The 2020 election is quite a ways off to be making assumptions and predictions.  Who knows if President Trump will even seek re-election?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2017, 04:50:26 am »
That's OK, if Trump is the nominee I'll be voting 3rd party anyway.

Me too unless Trump can manage to quit the drama and get to work.  There is always a possibility that he could do good things.  But he hasn't impressed me yet.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2017, 05:44:32 am »

Amazing.  You have delineated actual things that Trump has done.  Things that NT's have either ignored or dismissed as unimportant.

They are important.  I honestly cannot figure out what the goal of the fanatic NT's is.  Not sure they know what it is themselves.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2017, 06:08:37 am »
Out of the Paris agreement, check.  NAFTA redone?  Not so sure about that, wouldn't Congress have to approve renegotiating NAFTA? If so, I missed it.  As for the border wall, that was not included in the recent budget  and no $$ have been allocated for a border wall as well as no $$ for future funding.  On Bammycare, Trump went after the Freedom Caucus instead of applauding their repeal stance and then the House sent a half baked bill on to the Senate where they have failed several times to repeal/replace, or repeal, or replace and we're still waiting.  Armed forces, check. Cutting taxes remains to be seen, again, if I missed it, please enlighten me.  I'm not trying to be difficult here, and President Trump has made an effort, but really so far he has failed in getting the RINO's and the DEMS to go along with him.  Yes, we have Gorsuch, but as far as I know, he hasn't ruled on anything of significance to indicate that he will rule in accordance with the Constitution and in line with conservatism. Yes, I agree with what you state in theory, but IMHO, I don't really see where Trump has delivered.  Yes, we don't have Hillary as President and we have Gorsuch instead of Garland.  Since he's been in office, we have 2.6% GDP and unemployment is the lowest in almost 14 years. Those things are great and Trump should be applauded.  I'm still waiting on the border wall; that's the number one issue that launched his campaign and won him the oval office.  I'm still waiting on repeal of Bammycare; he and just about everyone else used that while campaigning.  He bragged about making better deals and renegotiating NAFTA; I'm still waiting. In all fairness, we are only 8 months into his administration. I have hope. I still stand behind this President and wish him success.  As for 2020, we have to make it through the 2018 mid-terms first as we cannot afford to lose the majority in either House; it would be disastrous for this country.  The 2020 election is quite a ways off to be making assumptions and predictions.  Who knows if President Trump will even seek re-election?

Yes, out of the Paris agreement is a big deal.  As for NAFTA, I'm with you about not being sure of how this can be accomplished BUT, and this is a big but, Trump is for it.

The very existence of a Republican in the WH has encouraged business and discouraged illegals from border crossings.  The statistics show that border crossing has decreased even without a wall.

I never really believed in a wall.  It sounds good and can be accomplished in less complicated territory.  But I do believe we will eventually have some walls some places along with border agents who are free of the restrictions placed on them by Obama and can do their jobs.

Trump has not been a miracle worker and he has given some ammo to his distractors but they would have hated him anyway.  I think he's made some genuine accomplishments in the first few months and I know he's made some very solid appointments.

I'm with you in hoping he can do well.  I think the haters we see here are a distinct minority out in the real world and I think the 2018 elections will prove just that.

As for all the people declaring their intention to vote 3rd party or abstain, I have only pity for them (and for us).  They go into hysterics if anyone gently reminds them that either action is a vote for liberals.  If not a full vote for liberals, it is at least half a vote for liberals.

Indulging their own vanity in this way is a useless and dangerous endeavor.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2017, 06:21:54 am »
Con men always throw meager bones out there to keep their intended victims playing at the table until they are wholly fleeced.

Besides the fact, I don't play the game of using SCOTUS to decide the balance of power in the country like you and your Communist counterparts do.  That everyone hands them the power they have usurped for themselves to decide what laws fit the agenda they serve and what rights exist and what must be erased in accordance to ideology is not one I afford them.

Irrelevant to me.  The federal Beast has already made itself illegitimate as far as I am concerned.  It doesn't matter to me that you want to put band aids on bone cancer.

He will make the trains run on time for you too.

Only a dishonest imbecile insists that a lifelong self-serving NYC Liberal Democrat is a Conservative.   

But feel free to keep seig-heiling your leader to your heart's content.  I'm not going to try to persuade you to stop playing cheerleader.

I have more important things to do.

You cannot defend your position with facts and you always resort to insulting people.

I wish you'd go do your more important things until you can make posts that contain some sense.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2017, 06:23:07 am »
Amazing.  You have delineated actual things that Trump has done.  Things that NT's have either ignored or dismissed as unimportant.

Trump has done NONE of those things cited.  You've been conned.

Paris Accord:  WASHINGTON (NYTIMES) - The White House formally notified the United Nations on Friday (Aug 4) that it intends to abandon the Paris agreement on climate change, but remains open to "re-engaging" on the accord.

The letter has no legal weight and does not set in motion the United States' departure from the pact of nearly 200 nations to curb planet-warming greenhouse gas emissions. Rather, it is a political document that affirms President Donald Trump's declaration in June that the Paris agreement is a bad deal for the United States.

NAFTA:  Total horseshit claim.  First round of talks doesn't even begin until the 16th.  Then there's Congress in terms of ratifying a renegotiated treaty.  Given Trump didn't bother working Congress to repeal O'Care - I doubt he'll do much different on this score either.

There's no wall, and not going to be any wall - another pile of bullshit sold sealed and delivered to eager gullibles desperate to believe.

And taxes cut?  Where?  Did the House meet and get a budget passed with tax cuts in it?

It's all just campaign bullshit - that has yet to see any of it realized into fruition that we were assured would happen instantly due to Trump's supernatural dealmaking skills.

I honestly cannot figure out what the goal of the fanatic NT's is.  Not sure they know what it is themselves.

To laugh at everyone who insisted we must put faith and belief in a Reality TV show con-man that he is the next Reagan, and to laugh at every single instance Trump proves to be the bogus false messiah Conservatives said he would be.     That's my short term goal.

We're busy working on the other goal, of which -pointing and laughing has a small part to play.

I wish you'd go do your more important things until you can make posts that contain some sense.

Nothing I post will make sense to you MJ.  It's over your head.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2017, 11:24:15 am »

I voted 3rd party because I refused to vote for someone who I believe is a serial criminal or someone who I believe doesn’t have the temperament to be President (especially when coupled with his impulsiveness).  I voted my conscience, and I respect anyone who genuinely votes their conscience.   Why members of the same political party have to personally attack each other over legitimate differences of opinion on whom to vote for is beyond me (and somewhat represents what’s currently wrong in the country right now).

IMO President Trump has certainly done some good things (e.g., Gorsuch, reducing illegal immigration, respect for vets/working towards fixing the VA, reduced regulations and business confidence is improved), but he has also done some bad things (e.g., disrespecting the office and the American people by consistently lying, using the office to settle petty scores (sometimes within his own Administration), didn’t propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits like he promised, expanding rather than contracting the deficit and debt in the current budget). 

I don’t care about the Paris Accord.  Thinking we’re going to have a wall and that Mexico is going is pay for it is utter fantasy (just more Trump lies).   The wall’s a waste of taxpayer money IMO (he’s already curbing illegal immigration without it).  Ready to implement tax legislation is still TBD.  Trump appears to be more focused on photo ops than substance.  We saw this in the ObamaCare repeal and replace process and doesn’t bode well for his Presidency IMO.  Finally, if we have a national or international crisis, I just don’t feel like I can trust what the President of the United States says about it.  This is a huge issue for me.  I value trust and honesty.  I truly hope Kelly can right the trust and honesty ship, but as my father (a Trump voter says):  Trump would rather climb a tree to tell a lie then stand on the ground to tell the truth.   
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2017, 02:18:14 pm »
Trump has done NONE of those things cited.  You've been conned.

Paris Accord:  WASHINGTON (NYTIMES) - The White House formally notified the United Nations on Friday (Aug 4) that it intends to abandon the Paris agreement on climate change, but remains open to "re-engaging" on the accord.

The letter has no legal weight and does not set in motion the United States' departure from the pact of nearly 200 nations to curb planet-warming greenhouse gas emissions. Rather, it is a political document that affirms President Donald Trump's declaration in June that the Paris agreement is a bad deal for the United States.

NAFTA:  Total horseshit claim.  First round of talks doesn't even begin until the 16th.  Then there's Congress in terms of ratifying a renegotiated treaty.  Given Trump didn't bother working Congress to repeal O'Care - I doubt he'll do much different on this score either.

There's no wall, and not going to be any wall - another pile of bullshit sold sealed and delivered to eager gullibles desperate to believe.

And taxes cut?  Where?  Did the House meet and get a budget passed with tax cuts in it?

It's all just campaign bullshit - that has yet to see any of it realized into fruition that we were assured would happen instantly due to Trump's supernatural dealmaking skills.

To laugh at everyone who insisted we must put faith and belief in a Reality TV show con-man that he is the next Reagan, and to laugh at every single instance Trump proves to be the bogus false messiah Conservatives said he would be.     That's my short term goal.

We're busy working on the other goal, of which -pointing and laughing has a small part to play.

Nothing I post will make sense to you MJ.  It's over your head.

@INVAR  Listen pal, your info above is all well and good, but you don't get it.  Trump isn't Hillary!  He put a rock solid conservative on the Supreme Court.  It doesn't matter what he's done, it only matters what he says he's going to do.  Except when what he says he's going to do is bad and then the republican congress and conservative supreme court will stop him.  And whatever your reply to this is will  never make sense, because I will have my fingers in my ears singing "la la la la", or whatever the online equivalent of that is.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2017, 03:24:59 pm »
@RoosGirl

I'm ashamed of you, lass.

You forgot to provide this after that post:

It's only polite, as someone is gonna need it ....  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2017, 03:31:46 pm »
@EC   Sorry, such a terrible faux pas.  Thank you for correcting me.  I shall endeavor to improve my manners. :P

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2017, 03:32:36 pm »
 :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2017, 03:56:45 pm »
White House warns ‘potentially ambitious’ Republicans about 2020
By Julia Manchester - 08/05/17 02:18 PM EDT

The White House on Saturday sent a warning to any Republicans potentially looking to challenge President Trump in 2020.

“The president is as strong as he’s ever been in Iowa, and every potentially ambitious Republican knows that," White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters told The New York Times for a story about possible Republicans eyeing 2020.

The newspaper reported on speculation that several top Republicans could be looking to challenge Trump, who has yet to achieve a major legislative accomplishment and is grappling with the ongoing probe into ties between his presidential campaign and Russia.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/345459-white-house-warns-potentially-ambitious-republicans-about-2020

So the WH is taking a page out of Mitch McConnell's playbook I see.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2017, 04:11:42 pm »
@INVAR  Listen pal, your info above is all well and good, but you don't get it.  Trump isn't Hillary!  He put a rock solid conservative on the Supreme Court.  It doesn't matter what he's done, it only matters what he says he's going to do.  Except when what he says he's going to do is bad and then the republican congress and conservative supreme court will stop him.  And whatever your reply to this is will  never make sense, because I will have my fingers in my ears singing "la la la la", or whatever the online equivalent of that is.

Heh.

Nailed it.

That bucket o' ice will feel good on the nethers after such a groin kicking.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2017, 04:16:02 pm »
I'm off to watch Breaking Bad re-runs.

When I went out this morning to get the newspaper, I found a pizza on my roof.  Would you know anything about that?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.