Author Topic: Republican candidate 'body-slams' Guardian reporter in Montana  (Read 31707 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Republican candidate 'body-slams' Guardian reporter in Montana
« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2017, 03:37:16 pm »
Other people who say they were at the incident, or were in contact with those who were, seem to be telling a different story.

https://twitter.com/Douche_Review/status/867723191841640449

(the tweeter in this screengrab has protected her tweets so that her account's private, but the ones surrounding it are still up and it appears legit)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #151 on: May 25, 2017, 03:40:27 pm »
We should all be completely civilized and accept without resistance the future "our betters" are intent on shoving down our throat.   

And freedom dies with a whimper,  not a bang.

If you can see criminal violence as the only means of "resistance," then you're more intellectually limited than I'd imagined.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Silver Pines

« Reply #152 on: May 25, 2017, 03:42:20 pm »
Oh, yeah, well, who cares if some guy saw it happen and who cares that, if anything, it was even worse than what was originally reported.

The reporter looks like a fairy!  He's the enemy!  Liberals win because.... well, hitting people is OK because Liberals!
@r9etb

Well, the guy placed his recorder right up to him, so that alone was an act of aggression. /s

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #153 on: May 25, 2017, 03:42:51 pm »
If you can see criminal violence as the only means of "resistance," then you're more intellectually limited than I'd imagined.

No, my friend. He sees criminal violence by other people as the only means of resistance.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Silver Pines

« Reply #154 on: May 25, 2017, 03:45:30 pm »
I frankly thing that there is nothing uglier than using a moral rationalization for cowardice. Far uglier than suggesting that some people probably deserved to get roughed up a little. Nobody got their limbs broken or bloodied, just got their feelings hurt a little (and broke a pair of glasses). Most days in the fifth grade I came off the play ground after recess with worse.

Interesting how the tradition of being manly and taking some lumps once in awhile has been edited out of the tradition of conservatism by some of our posters here. Maybe they'd prefer the newfangled "safe-space" tradition that the far leftists have tried to start. Where people with normal reactions to aggression, rudeness and boundary violations are portrayed as  "defective" human beings.

Zero tolerance for manliness. Got it. No thanks.

I'm more incline to want to hang out with them, than the former. Will it cost him the election? Maybe. Should he try to have more self-control? Definitely. Do I care one iota about the leftist's glasses or wounded pride. No and no.

If it were up to me, most leftist journalists would be defenestrated on GP. They are mostly pathogens that have the ability to speak and dress themselves in clothing.  Former Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura called them "official jackals" and even made them wear that title on their journalist access badges when he was governor. I never agreed more with any decision.

That is the one thing more than any other that I like about how Putin conducts himself - he treats the mass media with the respect they deserve - very little. He treats them like what they are, the endless side show or part of the scenery, not the vital center or the main event.

Of course, as is often the case with Russkies, Putin took that too far when he had the Russian Mafia kill some of the journalists he disliked with polonium. That was unnecessary.

@LateForLunch

You're confusing lack of self control and rage issues with manliness.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #155 on: May 25, 2017, 03:47:26 pm »
@LateForLunch

Thank you.

Look, going at a reporter who's asking you questions while you are eating dinner is one thing. Doing it at your own damned press conference is a completely different beast.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #156 on: May 25, 2017, 03:52:11 pm »

Right out of the communist goals for America.

42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use "united force" to solve economic, political or social problems.

In this case its all about creating chaos which the left will use to their advantage because, despite the tough talk, the chairborne rangers of the right won't win against a younger and more motivated left. The only way to defeat the left is with our wits and those seem to be in short supply these days

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #157 on: May 25, 2017, 03:58:01 pm »
@LateForLunch

Yep, another impotent keyboard warrior on the right.

Offline beandog

« Reply #158 on: May 25, 2017, 03:58:52 pm »
Luckily we have that other group of usual suspects constantly and monotonously showing up to offer their unending disapproval of their fellow members to balance things out.
We do seem to have more than our fair share of Drama Queens.  Hopefully, the people of Montana have more backbone. ****slapping

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2017, 03:59:30 pm »
Right out of the communist goals for America.

42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use "united force" to solve economic, political or social problems.

In this case its all about creating chaos which the left will use to their advantage because, despite the tough talk, the chairborne rangers of the right won't win against a younger and more motivated left. The only way to defeat the left is with our wits and those seem to be in short supply these days

Talk about being overly-dramatic. He roughed the guy up for being rude, by his own admission. He acknowledged that it might have been a strategic error and cost him the election. That's good enough for me. Trying to make this out as some sort of "assault" is silly.

It's a difference in values. Some value respect for authority and order more than for instant karma. How has that respect for authority and order been working out for us as Americans for the last eight years? Maybe a little more direct action than legalism and government force would serve us better than continuing to suck-up to Statists and their elitism.
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2017, 04:03:02 pm »
Yep, another impotent keyboard warrior on the right.

Not really. I carry a gun and other weapons when I work much of the time. Rarely use them except as a reminder because I prefer psychology to force. So save the chest-thumping / sniping from the safety of your own keyboard for those who are impressed with diffidence.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 04:03:51 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2017, 04:04:34 pm »
Not really. I carry a gun and other weapons when I work much of the time. Rarely use them because I prefer psychology to force. So save the chest-thumping / sniping from the safety of your own keyboard for those who are impressed with diffidence.
:silly:

You're the one making all these toothless threats, keyboard warrior.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2017, 04:12:20 pm »
I find it very telling that people here are going nuts over this nothing of a story and completely ignoring the story of the decade!

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,264283.msg1334880.html#msg1334880

I think man of us believed Obama was doing this long before it became a story.   

I always thought the man was a Nazi creep from Chicago.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #163 on: May 25, 2017, 04:15:29 pm »

I does sound like he went too far,   and for insufficient provocation.   

We'll see what the voters think about this. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #164 on: May 25, 2017, 04:15:34 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #165 on: May 25, 2017, 04:16:50 pm »
Oh, yeah, well, who cares if some guy saw it happen and who cares that, if anything, it was even worse than what was originally reported.

The reporter looks like a fairy!  He's the enemy!  Liberals win because.... well, hitting people is OK because Liberals!

Snark away.   Unhinged Rants are okay when you do them. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #166 on: May 25, 2017, 04:20:36 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

A nut who assaults people is not "my guy."

Someone with an R behind his name is not automatically "my guy."

My loyalty is to the country, not to a party or to politicians, especially when they go around acting like morons.

Liberals are pretty much devoid of character and integrity.  That's where we'll end up if this is the kind of person we choose to represent us, and if we go to the mat defending the indefensible.

My quarrel with your mindset is that you seemed to have prejudged the guy on our side before the details had come out.   

"Rush to judgement" is what I am complaining about,  especially to condemn people who wear our Jerseys.  You talk about objectionable traits?   That is one I find objectionable.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline r9etb

Offline r9etb

« Reply #168 on: May 25, 2017, 04:21:39 pm »

Snark away.   Unhinged Rants are okay when you do them.

Just using your own words, friend.  They look pretty silly, don't they?

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #169 on: May 25, 2017, 04:23:52 pm »
I frankly thing that there is nothing uglier than using a moral rationalization for cowardice. Far uglier than suggesting that some people probably deserved to get roughed up a little. Nobody got their limbs broken or bloodied, just got their feelings hurt a little (and broke a pair of glasses). Most days in the fifth grade I came off the play ground after recess with worse.

Interesting how the tradition of being manly and taking some lumps once in awhile has been edited out of the tradition of conservatism by some of our posters here. Maybe they'd prefer the newfangled "safe-space" tradition that the far leftists have tried to start. Where people with normal reactions to aggression, rudeness and boundary violations are portrayed as  "defective" human beings.

Zero tolerance for manliness. Got it. No thanks.

I'm more incline to want to hang out with them, than the former. Will it cost him the election? Maybe. Should he try to have more self-control? Definitely. Do I care one iota about the leftist's glasses or wounded pride? No and no.

As far as I am concerned, most far-left journalists should be defenestrated on GP. They are mostly pathogens that have the ability to speak and dress themselves in clothing.  Former Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura called them "official jackals" and even made them wear that title on their journalist access badges when he was governor. I never agreed more with any decision.

That is the one thing more than any other that I like about how Putin conducts himself - he treats the mass media with the respect they deserve - very little. He treats them like what they are, the endless side show or part of the scenery, not the vital center or the main event.

Of course, as is often the case with Russkies, Putin took that too far when he had the Russian Mafia kill some of the journalists he disliked with polonium and assassinated the president of Poland by crashing his plane. That was all highly unnecessary and not really helpful ( along with all of the other late unpleasantness of annexations etc).

Excellent manner of putting things into their proper perspective.    It speaks to much of what I feel on this issue.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline rodamala

« Reply #170 on: May 25, 2017, 04:25:29 pm »

There is an audio tape and two potential collaborators.     The audio tape does not readily prove the charge,  and the two people saying so may have an interest in making this man lose the election. 

I do not believe this man "body slammed"  anyone insofar as I comprehend what the term  means. 

More like he shoved the man forward and he fell down.   

It doesn't ring true on the face of it.   I think the reporter is asserting a much more violent claim than what actually occurred.   

I have little doubt that Gianforte grabbed the reporter and did something to him,   but I very much doubt it was to pick him up and slam him to the ground on his back.

No... he gave him a Stone Cold Steve Austin Stunner, then had a couple beers while standing on the turnbuckle...

What?!?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 04:26:20 pm by rodamala »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #171 on: May 25, 2017, 04:28:32 pm »

I regard a misdemeanor as a minor amount of violence,  while a felony would indicate a major amount of violence.   

A little physical altercation is no big deal in my opinion,   but if the man put both hands around the guy's throat,  then bore him to the ground and proceeded to pummel him,    that is a bridge too far. 

But now there seems to be a dispute that this is what happened.   One woman is saying that he grabbed the guy's wrist and they both fell.   

This is what I mean when I say you can't prejudge what happened solely on the basis of what one side says about it. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #172 on: May 25, 2017, 04:29:49 pm »
Democrat Has Raunchy Night Job, Even Libs Embarrassed To Find This Out

http://madworldnews.com/democrat-raunchy-night-job/

A Democrat running to represent Montana in Congress has pledged to bring the “values of rural Montana” with him to Washington, D.C., if elected, but his own morals have been called into question following a shocking revelation about his raunchy night job. Even liberals are embarrassed by what Rob Quist has been doing behind closed doors.

Quist is a locally famous musician who performs at various venues with his daughter, a singer. However, what might sound like a wholesome family activity is anything but thanks to one of the spots the father-daughter duo regularly plays.

Quist is a frequent performer at the Sun Meadow Resort, Idaho’s premier nudist resort for guests seeking a “family nudist experience.” He’s even featured front and center on the homepage of their website, along with his daughter, and others, who are naked.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #173 on: May 25, 2017, 04:32:09 pm »

Bad technique.    He was supposed to slam him on his back.   It doesn't quite work when you try to slam someone on the front because they can hold their arms out and minimize the impact. 

But yes,  more along the lines of what I think "body slam"  means.

There is a good story behind that gif.  The fat kid was being teased without mercy by the little punk bully and he finally had enough.

@Hoodat
@DiogenesLamp

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #174 on: May 25, 2017, 04:32:17 pm »
Just using your own words, friend.  They look pretty silly, don't they?

Strawman.   As someone who appreciates logical fallacies,  you certainly  ought to recognize one when you do it. 

— Lord Melbourne —