Author Topic: Freedom Caucus balks at Republican leadership's Obamacare replacement  (Read 16261 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Freedom Caucus balks at Republican leadership's Obamacare replacement
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2017, 03:49:41 pm »
Chest-beating and insults,  from this board's leading font of mythology and ignorance.   

Given the mythology and ignorance you display where the Constitution is concerned you have no room to talk.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2017, 03:51:30 pm »
I have an idea. Instead of accusing members of not being conservative or of not being conservative enough, when that idea comes to mind, bring enlightenment by pointing out exactly why they are off the conservative rails.

The other way is clearly nothing more than flame bait.

@don-o Been there done that.  The standard issue reply to pointing out that what the person is espousing is NOT Conservative as you suggest...is accusations of being a Christian "bigot" or forcing narrow minded Christian "morals" on people.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 03:51:46 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2017, 03:56:44 pm »
@don-o Been there done that.  The standard issue reply to pointing out that what the person is espousing is NOT Conservative as you suggest...is accusations of being a Christian "bigot" or forcing narrow minded Christian "morals" on people.

Or calling the place that has been gracious enough to allow people with opposing viewpoints to stay, a "dump."  Which you're apparently the pope of, or something.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2017, 03:58:10 pm »
@txradioguy

Here, tx - if you're the pope, how about sliding a couple dispensations my way?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Idiot

« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2017, 04:00:46 pm »
 :2popcorn:

Wingnut

« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2017, 04:03:05 pm »
Given the mythology and ignorance you display where the Constitution is concerned you have no room to talk.

To bad it is lent or I'd tear into Zazzy like corduroy pants into a hemorrhoid.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2017, 04:03:31 pm »
@EC @Cyber Liberty

Well this certainly throws a wrench into the question "IS the Pope Catholic".

Looks like this time he's a Methodist!

Oh and by the way...both of you are absolved of your sins.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2017, 04:06:32 pm »
I have an idea. Instead of accusing members of not being conservative or of not being conservative enough, when that idea comes to mind, bring enlightenment by pointing out exactly why they are off the conservative rails.

The other way is clearly nothing more than flame bait.
Pointing out demonstrated truth isn't flamebait. And it's about time people treated liberals like liberals. Enough with the special snowflake bullshit. When someone is repeatedly spouting verbatim liberal/DNC talking points, they are liberals. Period. If they don't like it, too damn bad. This is a conservative site or it isn't.  Conservatives fight liberals and liberalism.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 04:07:01 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2017, 04:08:24 pm »

We have been doing just that. 

And when we have been pointing out Jazzy's Liberal Statist Leftism, he replies with his assertion we are all 'bigots' homophobes, racists and intolerant bullies.  Notwithstanding his calling this board a 'dump' in this very thread.

Would you like the links where Jazzy asserts homosexuality is 'virtuous'; opposing abortion is 'forcing a woman to procreate'; and all the other big government statism he justifies, excuses and insists are 'conservative' positions?

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2017, 04:09:05 pm »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2017, 04:17:27 pm »
@txradioguy

Here, tx - if you're the pope, how about sliding a couple dispensations my way?

You people need some Talos in your lives!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWq9PZ_PB-0

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2017, 04:20:25 pm »
And who made you pope of this dump?

You diminish yourself.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #112 on: March 09, 2017, 04:23:20 pm »
You people need some Talos in your lives!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWq9PZ_PB-0

Watch it, Norm. I can now cast the first stone with impunity ....  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2017, 04:23:35 pm »
The individual mandate is modest in amount in comparison to the cost of medical insurance.  It's far less "coercive" than most state laws that require drivers to affirmatively maintain insurance. 

Sure it's an incentive - an incentive to be responsible.   Anyone who "can't afford healthcare" is going to pass his medical costs on to you and me.  The ACA's failure isn't the mandate, but the lack of affordable choices in the marketplace.  The AHCA can hopefully fix that - and effectively replace your hated mandate by allowing insurance companies to penalize free riders with higher premiums.

It really gets me that government will let millions of illegal aliens into the country.  Invite them in to get their free insurance, dental, cash and food stamps.  When it comes to struggling Americans we force a mandate that they must buy expensive health care many will not even use.  Medical costs are outrageous even when you have insurance.  I do.  But when I was forced to get insurance on my own because my corporation was given a waver from mandate (under Obama) my family insurance was 1 and 1/2 of my monthly mortgage.  That is outrageous for people who work in manufacturing type jobs. 

You can say it isn't your fault my job pays low wages.  True, maybe.  But for many years politicians have been having an open door for illegal immigration and that has driven wages down for American workers.  If you want a job you will take the lower wage the immigrant is getting.  Means people like myself are making less than we did in the 1990's.  And taxes, local and Federal have gone up.  Food and housing up.  Everything up but your wages. 

I did get stuck a few years ago with a medical bill I had to pay because I didn't have insurance.  I made monthly payments.  It was thousands of dollars and they determined how much a month.  It hurt but I paid it off.  Cost me less than what health insurance would have cost.  So in the end I paid less.  You would have me tack on that mandate fee to the already outrageous medical bill.

If the government made a catastrophic insurance plan with low premium people could choose it would be better.  That way nobody is stuck paying for freeloader.  And keep in mind even with insurance the patient has to pay a good portion of their own medical bills.  Out of pocket maximums.  High deductibles.

Even car insurance has liability only insurance.  Government has to be realistic and understand if you put a mandate for expensive insurance you are forcing people to choose between food and housing or paying a fine for government health insurance.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 04:32:04 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #114 on: March 09, 2017, 04:24:18 pm »
Hey @txradioguy, is it okay to eat corned beef on St. Paddy's day?  It's on a Friday this year.
John Steinbeck

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #115 on: March 09, 2017, 04:28:09 pm »
We have been doing just that. 

And when we have been pointing out Jazzy's Liberal Statist Leftism, he replies with his assertion we are all 'bigots' homophobes, racists and intolerant bullies.  Notwithstanding his calling this board a 'dump' in this very thread.

Would you like the links where Jazzy asserts homosexuality is 'virtuous'; opposing abortion is 'forcing a woman to procreate'; and all the other big government statism he justifies, excuses and insists are 'conservative' positions?

Nah. I am back to just occasional looks in here. Y'all fight on.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2017, 04:28:13 pm »
Hey @txradioguy, is it okay to eat corned beef on St. Paddy's day?  It's on a Friday this year.

Yes Lent is suspended for St. Patrick's Day...eat drink and be Irish!

Wingnut

« Reply #117 on: March 09, 2017, 04:32:04 pm »

Us crappie crunchers have been granted a special dispensation to chow down on the corned beef delight.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #118 on: March 09, 2017, 04:32:23 pm »
Dump?  Did you just call TBR a "dump?"

Nice.

Oh, c'mon,  I was just trying to be humorous.  It's a Rodney Dangerfield line from Caddyshack - possibly the greatest film ever made.   I use the phrase all the time, with a smile.  In context, I was ribbing Txradioguy for acting like he's the pope of what "true" conservatism is.   Conservatism comes in several varieties - and I've always been upfront that I am not a social conservative. 

If folks think I'm insinuating that TBR is a dump,  then I apologize.   I appreciate the opportunity to converse with a lot of smart conservatives,  and the hands-off policy of the mods.   
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 04:33:44 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #119 on: March 09, 2017, 04:32:30 pm »
Watch it, Norm. I can now cast the first stone with impunity ....  :tongue2:
You have come! You have come to hear the word of Talos! :amen:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2017, 04:36:03 pm »

Yes Lent is suspended for St. Patrick's Day...eat drink and be Irish!

Whoohoo!!!!  And I can finally celebrate having a fellow Methodist crowned the new pope of the TBR dump!  I cannot believe what a wonderful day this is becoming, I see the light of a new day approaching! 

Or is that a train?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLpmswBKVN4
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2017, 04:44:12 pm »

If folks think I'm insinuating that TBR is a dump,  then I apologize.   I appreciate the opportunity to converse with a lot of smart conservatives,  and the hands-off policy of the mods.   

Well done.  Thanks.
John Steinbeck

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2017, 04:46:46 pm »
Oh, c'mon,  I was just trying to be humorous.  It's a Rodney Dangerfield line from Caddyshack - possibly the greatest film ever made.   I use the phrase all the time, with a smile.  In context, I was ribbing Txradioguy for acting like he's the pope of what "true" conservatism is.   Conservatism comes in several varieties - and I've always been upfront that I am not a social conservative. 

There's a core group of bleep and pricks here. Learn to use the ignore function because the mods won't do anything about them.

For me, any sort of personal attack that I feel is undeserved gets ignored right away.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2017, 04:48:08 pm »

Jazz, you didn't insinuate, you outright said it.   I do agree with you that there are a lot of smart conservatives here, and ask you to remember that conversing is a two-way kind of thing.   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2017, 04:48:43 pm »
Oh, c'mon,  I was just trying to be humorous.  It's a Rodney Dangerfield line from Caddyshack - possibly the greatest film ever made.   

What Lando said...thanks.  I hope you don't mind that we had a hearty laugh at your expense.
I will NOT comply.