Author Topic: Freedom Caucus balks at Republican leadership's Obamacare replacement  (Read 16288 times)

Wingnut

Re: Freedom Caucus balks at Republican leadership's Obamacare replacement
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2017, 05:19:45 pm »

There's a core group of bleep and pricks here. Learn to use the ignore function because the mods won't do anything about them.

For me, any sort of personal attack that I feel is undeserved gets ignored right away.

May a diseased yak squat in your hot tub.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2017, 05:20:39 pm »
May a diseased yak squat in your hot tub.

No, I won't let your wife bath in my tub.  :whistle:

Wingnut

« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2017, 05:21:49 pm »

May a weird Holy man use a Black & Decker tool on your only sister.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2017, 05:38:00 pm »

There's a core group of bleep and pricks here. Learn to use the ignore function because the mods won't do anything about them.

For me, any sort of personal attack that I feel is undeserved gets ignored right away.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2017, 05:39:11 pm »
Suddenly, I feel all... distorted.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Wingnut

« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2017, 05:41:07 pm »

The wierd trollish fellow stepped right into it didn't he Norm! 

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2017, 05:51:56 pm »
The wierd trollish fellow stepped right into it didn't he Norm!

I am just overcome with the sheer hypocrisy of some of these people. But moreso by how willing others are to simply forgive, forget, and thus ensure we get more of it across the threads. One would think Mechanicos and the other multi named idiot would have shown them where it leads.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2017, 05:58:17 pm »
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cost-being-uninsured-rise-many-214439134.html

I hope the whole thing fails miserably.  Obama care was bad but this is worse.  I feel sorry for the people who elected Trump thinking he was going to stick up for them.  Yeah stick it the American workers who may be laid off from their job and not have insurance for two months.  Your better off in this country being an illegal than working your entire life.  Paying the salaries of pompous politicians that could never connect with average Americans.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:01:03 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2017, 06:07:30 pm »
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cost-being-uninsured-rise-many-214439134.html

I hope the whole thing fails miserably.  Obama care was bad but this is worse.  I feel sorry for the people who elected Trump thinking he was going to stick up for them.   
Then they were complete fools that deserve what happens to them. Trump was very upfront about his love of mandates and socialized healthcare. He never hid it. People just put their own beliefs on him.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2017, 06:18:40 pm »
  Yeah stick it the American workers who may be laid off from their job and not have insurance for two months. 

There is still COBRA continuation coverage.   A laid off worker can continue coverage under his former employer's group plan for up to 18 months.   If someone goes without insurance for two months, it's by choice.   And under the AHCA they can remain uninsured - by choice - indefinitely without having to pay the individual mandate tax.   
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:19:14 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2017, 07:54:17 pm »
There is still COBRA continuation coverage.   A laid off worker can continue coverage under his former employer's group plan for up to 18 months.   If someone goes without insurance for two months, it's by choice.   And under the AHCA they can remain uninsured - by choice - indefinitely without having to pay the individual mandate tax.
Very clever, have you ever been that situation? So easy to say to someone that has no job and most probably very limited discretionary funds, to go buy very expensive COBRA coverage. And how very gracious that they be allowed to go uninsured indefinitely. The governments help with insurance has driven providers out, remittances down to small providers that can't afford to comply with electronic standards, facilities in rural areas to shut done forcing people to delay or not seek care due to excessive commutes and all around negatively impacted a majority of legal Americans financially. So of course the answer is to have bureaucrats muddle around even more in a morass of idiocy?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2017, 08:16:14 pm »
You have come! You have come to hear the word of Talos! :amen:

But Atom is the True GodTM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW5Y0BMVLfg
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2017, 08:16:46 pm »

Anybody ever being laid off from work and offered Cobra knows that it is 2-3 times the expense of the coverage you had under your employer.  When a $15.00 hour worker looses job they certainly cannot afford Cobra Coverage.

Might as well stick with Obama care.  Mandate, penalty all the same.  Screw the American worker. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 08:21:55 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Wingnut

« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2017, 08:20:06 pm »
Anybody ever being laid off from work and offered Cobra knows that it is 2-3 times the expense of the coverage you had under your employer.  When a $15.00 hour worker looses job they certainly cannot afford Cobra Coverage.

And that's the truth.  And the catch 22 was that if you didn't take the COBRA   then you couldn't prove "Continuous Coverage" when you did find a new job so you could get employer subsidized HC coverage. 

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2017, 08:20:45 pm »
But Atom is the True GodTM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW5Y0BMVLfg

Ah but true believers know that terrible and mighty Talos, he who is both man and divine, has many names! Besides, Skyrim and Fallout are the same world anyway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezi-lSRh10A

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2017, 08:21:12 pm »

And yet some people believe that workers will magically be able to afford coverage if it's not tied to emplotment.

Don't get me wrong...it would be great to delink it.  But that doesn't mean we get something for nothing.  Costs to individuals would go up, not down. Freedom costs.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2017, 08:24:39 pm »
And that's the truth.  And the catch 22 was that if you didn't take the COBRA   then you couldn't prove "Continuous Coverage" when you did find a new job so you could get employer subsidized HC coverage.

All designed to fill the pockets of politicians and Health Insurance Companies.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2017, 08:29:56 pm »
And yet some people believe that workers will magically be able to afford coverage if it's not tied to emplotment.

Don't get me wrong...it would be great to delink it.  But that doesn't mean we get something for nothing.  Costs to individuals would go up, not down. Freedom costs.

I work for a large company and I would not like to see it de-linked for the simple reason it would break up the group of employees in the plan.  I could never get an individual policy for the price my company pays for mine.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2017, 08:31:54 pm »

But there are people who magically get healthcare that's not tied to employment, they are called Illegal Aliens by unbiased honest people and immigrants by lying liberals and they get some of the best healthcare, at least under MediCal that there is. I know because after being unemployed for over two years and losing basically everything but my family, I was on Medical. And I received some of the best care from top providers than I received in forty years of paying healthy premiums to big name healthcare companies.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 08:32:43 pm by GtHawk »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2017, 08:36:47 pm »
I work for a large company and I would not like to see it de-linked for the simple reason it would break up the group of employees in the plan.  I could never get an individual policy for the price my company pays for mine.

Yes but whats to stop an extra-employer group from negotiating plans of their own? Thats what groups like AARP did. WE could simply join one of those. Or create another better suited if enough people are on board. If your employer has it as part of your salary/comp package, then removal should translate into salary increases or your company is screwing you.

If "Normcorp" has 1000 employees and gets X group policy from "Insurecorp", then any group of 1000 should be able to negotiate that same insurance cost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2017, 08:41:59 pm »
Yes but whats to stop an extra-employer group from negotiating plans of their own? Thats what groups like AARP did. WE could simply join one of those. Or create another better suited if enough people are on board. If your employer has it as part of your salary/comp package, then removal should translate into salary increases or your company is screwing you.

If "Normcorp" has 1000 employees and gets X group policy from "Insurecorp", then any group of 1000 should be able to negotiate that same insurance cost.

That would totally work.  Groups not involving employers could form to buy group rates.  I think there are a bunch of third-party companies doing that already.  I hear ads on the radio all the time for small employers contracting out HR services and other benefits programs (like 401Ks), so why not?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2017, 08:43:46 pm »

One man's "personal attack" is another man's "legitimate grievance."  It just depends upon what side of the megaphone you happen to be.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2017, 08:50:38 pm »
That would totally work.  Groups not involving employers could form to buy group rates.  I think there are a bunch of third-party companies doing that already.  I hear ads on the radio all the time for small employers contracting out HR services and other benefits programs (like 401Ks), so why not?

There is a Christian one like a Co-op health group.  I know someone who was on it but it too is very expensive.  Could be a lot less than others though.  Certainly less than any Cobra program.

https://healthmatchup.com/ppc/christian-health-insurance/?ref=g_hmu_mt_christ_b&tsrc=147&gclid=CMD7nvOmytICFQ5Efgoda9kCdg

http://www.medicalcostsharing.com/

There are more than one apparently.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 08:56:19 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2017, 03:43:40 am »

How about this, as a random thought - and I know it involves using the tax code, but it's a step in delinking:

Instead of a penalty for not having insurance, give a tax incentive to do so. At the same time, tax employer provided insurance as a perk, same as any other perk. Combine that with reopening the range of policies the insurance companies can provide - from catastrophic to covering everything down to hangnails and split ends.

Can't see why it wouldn't work.  :shrug:

Of course, I'd do something about the ridiculous hospital charges as well. What, I'm not sure though.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2017, 04:50:13 am »
How about this, as a random thought - and I know it involves using the tax code, but it's a step in delinking:

Instead of a penalty for not having insurance, give a tax incentive to do so. At the same time, tax employer provided insurance as a perk, same as any other perk. Combine that with reopening the range of policies the insurance companies can provide - from catastrophic to covering everything down to hangnails and split ends.

Can't see why it wouldn't work.  :shrug:

Of course, I'd do something about the ridiculous hospital charges as well. What, I'm not sure though.

That is thinking!  I like the idea of catastrophic for lower premium.  It would work well with young people who are healthy.  Why that may not work is because if a good portion of the population chooses a lesser policy its harder to pay for the other people who need full coverage.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 04:51:02 am by Chosen Daughter »