Author Topic: "It's Over Folks" The Neocons & The "Deep State" Have Neutered The Trump Presidency  (Read 10627 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Night Hides Not

Who did you catch?  Only federal senators are "at-large".  State senators have districts (thus, my comment on gerrymandering in each of the states I've been in, and Nebraska being unicameral.

We're both correct, then.   :beer:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

:nono: @Night Hides Not

Someone recently wrote:
Indeed, it is!

There are Senators at both state and federal levels, and I clearly responded about state Senators... (hint, Nebraska isn't unicameral for federal elections).

Gotcha!

LOL...fair enough.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Suppressed

Melania would not be amused.

Yeah, the word "relieved" comes to mind.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Joe Wooten

I'm pretty sure there is enough for all of us. And leftovers.

I dunno about that... I've eaten the Ethyl Burger at the R Place Truck Stop Restaurant in Morris IL. Good eats there...

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
:beer:

I don't know if I deserve it, because I seem to be the one who mucked things up, but:  :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Night Hides Not

I don't know if I deserve it, because I seem to be the one who mucked things up, but:  :beer:

As opposed to the other shenanigans on these boards the past few days, this is nothing!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
They are giving credit where credit isn't due.  Neocons don't have anything to do with Trump screw ups.  Not the media either.  Trump is fully responsible for his own troubles.  His hiring and firing. 

But.... but..... but....... he was going to hire the BEST people: BEST people and The Smartest People.  Yeah, the smartest people and the most beautiful people.  Smart and beautiful people whom Trump promised would be the best people.  Absolutely the best.

And, as we were lectured by the Trump Faithful - we needed a successful businessman like Trump to drain the swamp and save us.

Only the best people.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

I don't know if I deserve it, because I seem to be the one who mucked things up, but: :beer:

I'd drink with you any day!  :beer:

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 07:50:28 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'd drink with you any day!  :beer:

Be careful, he wears lycra.

Offline Suppressed

But.... but..... but....... he was going to hire the BEST people: BEST people and The Smartest People.  Yeah, the smartest people and the most beautiful people.  Smart and beautiful people whom Trump promised would be the best people.  Absolutely the best.

And, as we were lectured by the Trump Faithful - we needed a successful businessman like Trump to drain the swamp and save us.

Only the best people.

@INVAR @Chosen Daughter

Seen this?
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

Be careful, he wears lycra.

That's a Koch brothers' product now, so I'll forgive him.
+++++++++

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That's a Koch brothers' product now, so I'll forgive him.

I should have pinged @Cyber Liberty.  Shouldn't talk about his sartorial habits without pinging him.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I should have pinged @Cyber Liberty.  Shouldn't talk about his sartorial habits without pinging him.

Where did you find out about the Lycra?  Have you been talking to Mrs. Liberty?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)

Only the best people.

So the people who leaked the information (and likely committed felonies in so doing) have no responsibility nor blame in the matter. Even though Flynn most likely did nothing illegal and was forced to resign only because he had created too much political distraction, not for any genuine misconduct that was actionable by Congress or a court. Warped view of morality on display. Objectivity is the first casualty of fanaticism. Fanatical hatred for Trump is an ongoing obscenity.

I'll stop posting now so that the ecstatic orgy of anti-Trump euphoria may continue without inhibition - like a troop of monkeys celebrating. Truly odd way to show loyalty to one's own party. There is no correlate to you people on the far left. They at least understand the dynamics of dominion - i.e., forming and maintaining alliances based on commonality of purpose. Weird.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 06:02:16 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'll stop posting now so that the ecstatic orgy of anti-Trump euphoria may continue without inhibition - like a troop of monkeys celebrating. Truly odd way to show loyalty to one's own party. There is no correlate to you people on the far left. They at least understand the dynamics of dominion - i.e., forming and maintaining alliances based on commonality of purpose. Weird.

The left has always been better at marching in lock-step than the right.  BTW, don't stop posting, I enjoy reading your comments.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Where did you find out about the Lycra?  Have you been talking to Mrs. Liberty?

LOL.   :nometalk:

Offline anubias

So the people who leaked the information (and likely committed felonies in so doing) have no responsibility nor blame in the matter. Even though Flynn most likely did nothing illegal and was forced to resign only because he had created too much political distraction, not for any genuine misconduct that was actionable by Congress a court. Warped view of morality on display. Objectivity is the first casualty of fanaticism. Fanatical hatred for Trump is an ongoing obscenity.

I enjoy your posts too.  As for those that post such garbage, ignore them.  They aren't to be taken seriously and few do.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I enjoy your posts too.  As for those that post such garbage, ignore them.  They aren't to be taken seriously and few do.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Night Hides Not

So the people who leaked the information (and likely committed felonies in so doing) have no responsibility nor blame in the matter. Even though Flynn most likely did nothing illegal and was forced to resign only because he had created too much political distraction, not for any genuine misconduct that was actionable by Congress a court. Warped view of morality on display. Objectivity is the first casualty of fanaticism. Fanatical hatred for Trump is an ongoing obscenity.

By all means, don't stop now...you'll disappoint the "troop of monkeys" on TBR.  The unwashed masses desperately need your wisdom, guidance, and gentle humor.

"ecstatic orgy of anti-Trump euphoria"? Hardly. Trump's done some good things so far. His penchant for engaging in personal, narcissistic twitter wars is sucking energy away from his administration.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 08:18:11 pm by Night Hides Not »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

So too is fanatical devotion for Trump, killing any objectivity in their evaluation of current events.

Which explains your wholesale ignorance of the irony I posted in terms of Trump's promise of only appointing and hiring 'The Best People". 

Because The Best People will of course resign under pressure and have scandals stuck to them, whether guilty or just a victim of the appearance of evil pushed by the media.

I'll stop posting now so that the ecstatic orgy of anti-Trump euphoria may continue without inhibition - like a troop of monkeys celebrating.

This 'monkey' isn't "celebrating" the fact that some of us recognize this issue is totally self-inflicted by Trump himself.  The fact you have to slander us all as 'monkeys' because we are not genuflecting your prince is very revealing.

Truly odd way to show loyalty to one's own party.

That is where you err - for the majority here are loyal to principles and foundational precepts - NOT party or a cult of personality.

But that explains the difference between you and I.

There is no correlate to you people on the far left. They at least understand the dynamics of dominion - i.e., forming and maintaining alliances based on commonality of purpose. Weird.

Conservative principles have no commonality of purpose with any 'ism'.  The dynamics of dominion are vastly different from those beholden to men and their institutions, and those beholden to principles.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
If Trump allows this to neuter him, then he isn't the man his supporters said he was.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
If Trump allows this to neuter him, then he isn't the man his supporters said he was.

You're exactly right! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Yup.

We went from "He fights!" to endless whining about how unfairly he's being treated.