Author Topic: Ivanka Trump calling lawmakers, urging action on childcare policy  (Read 8333 times)

geronl

Re: Ivanka Trump calling lawmakers, urging action on childcare policy
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2016, 02:12:54 am »
Agreed..

Mandatory paid leave is big government liberalism

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2016, 02:15:40 am »
Ivanka, a lobbyist in the White House

With her own office in the East Wing to boot.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2016, 02:16:50 am »
Ivanka...the Democrat Party 'Assassin', in the White House.

If she can provide women better choices in childcare, it would do wonders for the Women Vote.

Try being a 'Big Picture' person once in awhile.....

As a conservative female with three children eight and under, I say screw you! You think I need "better choices in childcare"? In what personal interpretation of the Constitution handles this "travesty"?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2016, 02:18:13 am »
So, the answer to life's problems is always bigger and bigger government. wow.

As long as its their guy runing it...they are perfectly content with even bigger government.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2016, 02:43:26 am »
   @DCPatriot

Ivanka's plan is much more than just tax credits it has boondoggle written all over it and it will be no different than all the other times the Govt. has thrown OUR money at a problem and made it a 100 times worst, that's Liberal to me.

There's no plan for 'The Department of Child Care', for which I'm aware.   :laugh:   God...I hope not!

The way I 'see' it... it's much more effective if your secretary tells you "...it's Ivanka Trump, calling from the White House", than from [fill-in-the-blank] 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2016, 02:50:06 am »
There's no plan for 'The Department of Child Care', for which I'm aware.   :laugh:   God...I hope not!

The way I 'see' it... it's much more effective if your secretary tells you "...it's Ivanka Trump, calling from the White House", than from [fill-in-the-blank]

You do realize what Ivanka is proposing was originally suggested by Nancy Pelosi's and the only thing that stopped her from introducing this same legislation Ivanka is pushing was the 2010 mid-terms?

But I guess because now that a Trump is proposing it...its suddenly political genius.

What is Conservative about using taxpayer money to subsidize someone elses daycare costs?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 02:50:36 am by txradioguy »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2016, 02:57:15 am »
As a conservative female with three children eight and under, I say screw you! You think I need "better choices in childcare"? In what personal interpretation of the Constitution handles this "travesty"?

There already are probably millions of women in the USA with dependent children, that, after paying for childcare, don't have enough to live on for the rest of the week/month.

There are millions of illegals here with minor children that, when documented as resident aliens or new citizens are going to start paying withholding taxes with their own SS numbers.

The pond if full of people who have been exploited by the Democrat Party.

Here's our chance to have a Hispanic family sitting around their own dinner table bestowing blessings on Donald Trump, and by extension, hopefully, the GOP.

I believe Donald Trump is serious as a heart attack when he says he's going to work very hard for us.

So far...so good!    Liking what I'm seeing.    We're talking about Reagan type growth, with a POTUS who sincerely wants to prove to Blacks and Hispanics that we're truly all in this together.

Why not choose to look at the future that way?   And it doesn't cost a damned thing!   :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2016, 03:11:08 am »
There already are probably millions of women in the USA with dependent children, that, after paying for childcare, don't have enough to live on for the rest of the week/month.

There are millions of illegals here with minor children that, when documented as resident aliens or new citizens are going to start paying withholding taxes with their own SS numbers.

The pond if full of people who have been exploited by the Democrat Party.

Here's our chance to have a Hispanic family sitting around their own dinner table bestowing blessings on Donald Trump, and by extension, hopefully, the GOP.

I believe Donald Trump is serious as a heart attack when he says he's going to work very hard for us.

So far...so good!    Liking what I'm seeing.    We're talking about Reagan type growth, with a POTUS who sincerely wants to prove to Blacks and Hispanics that we're truly all in this together.

Why not choose to look at the future that way?   And it doesn't cost a damned thing!   :laugh:

FDR probably said that about Social Security in 1934. These things get out of hand and entrenched into the federal bureaucracy, just like obamacare. Then they just plain suck dollars out of the economy.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2016, 03:14:08 am »
You do realize what Ivanka is proposing was originally suggested by Nancy Pelosi's and the only thing that stopped her from introducing this same legislation Ivanka is pushing was the 2010 mid-terms?

But I guess because now that a Trump is proposing it...its suddenly political genius.

What is Conservative about using taxpayer money to subsidize someone elses daycare costs?

Consider it a cost of 'WAR'.  Winning hearts and minds ...AND votes of Americans across the political spectrum.

I wasn't aware that Ivanka's supposed plan mirrored Nancy Pelosi's legislation.   But, I'll wait...if only because we've seen the vast majority of negative Trump 'news' (and by extension, threads) to be...for want of a better word, fake. 

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2016, 03:19:04 am »
Don't you have a heart attack to feign?

That's EXACTLY why I choose to be optimistic, @Wingnut     

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2016, 03:21:36 am »

FDR probably said that about Social Security in 1934. These things get out of hand and entrenched into the federal bureaucracy, just like obamacare. Then they just plain suck dollars out of the economy.

LOL!  @corbe

I didn't mean the issue wouldn't cost a thing.   Meant my rosy prediction on how history and voters will react for the next 8 years. 

Wingnut

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2016, 03:22:02 am »
That's EXACTLY why I choose to be optimistic, @Wingnut   
Check out the music thread.  It's mellow fellow night...

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=200194.msg1168469#new

Enjoy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2016, 03:22:09 am »
Consider it a cost of 'WAR'.  Winning hearts and minds ...AND votes of Americans across the political spectrum.

I wasn't aware that Ivanka's supposed plan mirrored Nancy Pelosi's legislation.   But, I'll wait...if only because we've seen the vast majority of negative Trump 'news' (and by extension, threads) to be...for want of a better word, fake.

Deflect and defend at all costs.  Got it.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2016, 03:28:32 am »
Deflect and defend at all costs.  Got it.

Attack and impugn at every opportunity...everyday.   Got it.    888high58888

Silver Pines

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2016, 03:42:19 am »

@DCPatriot

Well, maybe by the time this war for hearts and minds is done, we'll have covered the entire left wing agenda.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2016, 03:51:49 am »
@DCPatriot

Well, maybe by the time this war for hearts and minds is done, we'll have covered the entire left wing agenda.

We're already well on our way.

That's what happens when you elect a liberal in sheep's clothing with children who are died in the wool Democrats.

We have elected a Democrat, and we will get Democrat things from this administration.

And the unelected children of the aforementioned Democrat.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2016, 04:09:12 am »
We're already well on our way.

That's what happens when you elect a liberal in sheep's clothing with children who are died in the wool Democrats.

We have elected a Democrat, and we will get Democrat things from this administration.

And the unelected children of the aforementioned Democrat.

@musiclady

But that's all right, because he put an "R" behind his name.  Remember his remark, "Right now I'm catering to Republicans."

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2016, 05:04:43 am »

Someone's feeling the Bern tonight.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2016, 05:06:19 am »
888high58888  Exactly.  We scrimped by while I stayed at home and cared for our own children. No one handed us one dime to take care of them.  Government needs to butt out.  It is quite astonishing how times have changed.  My kids didn't get a free lunch, or breakfast. I live in an area now, where ALL children from Pre-K to a Senior in high school get both free breakfast and lunch!!  I babysat my grandson for a couple of days awhile back and he didn't like the school lunch selection for the next day and so we went out and bought him a lunch box to take to school; I packed a more nutritious lunch then what he would have gotten at school; long story short; he was shunned by the other kids AND the teacher!  God forbid if parents/grandparents provide for their own.
Hey, what's the matter with you....feeding your own children!!!!! Don't you know many schools have set up lunch programs for students during the summer SO THEY DON'T STARVE!!!!!
Goodness gracious, we can't expect parents to feed their own children.  Children without school summer lunch programs are dropping dead from starvation by the thousands daily because their parents refuse to feed them. Why I had to step over a number of emaciated bodies of school kids the other day on my way to Walmart. There were a number of other skinny kids with sandwich boards saying their parents refuse to feed them. So I gave one of them my sandwich.
Honestly, parents feeding their own children...who has ever heard of such a thing???!!! :nono:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2016, 05:13:07 am »
@DCPatriot

I hope not.   :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2016, 05:14:32 am »
Someone's feeling the Bern tonight.

:laugh:   

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2016, 06:13:12 am »
I have no problem with this.  The more women that we get off the dole and get working the better.  I'm sure it won't be perfect, but the system we have now has us paying women more than many make to sit at home and do nothing.

I could agree with this.  But without knowing what the details are I wouldn't.  You are right.  If we could get people on welfare to work yes.  My husband and I lived on one income while my kids were little because it would not have paid to go to work. Daycare is outrageous. 

And double no if it has anything to do with private businesses being forced to offer child care benefits.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2016, 01:58:41 pm »

I presented you with facts.  You did a duck dodge and weave.

Pointing out the fact you're avoiding reality isn't an attack in any way shape or form.

But if that helps you feel better about a Trump family insider pushing a Liberal/Progressive piece of legislation who am I to stop you from progressing?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2016, 02:01:11 pm »

Pelosi: Day Care Lets Moms Work ‘Without Carrying Burden of Child Care’

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/pelosi-day-care-lets-moms-work-without-carrying-burden-child-care

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2016, 02:21:15 pm »

Pelosi: Day Care Lets Moms Work ‘Without Carrying Burden of Child Care’

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/pelosi-day-care-lets-moms-work-without-carrying-burden-child-care

When my now-14YO son was in pre-k, the following thought occurred to me: during the first five years of his life, we paid $40,000 in childcare. As it was paid in after-tax dollars (child care credit was $600, tops), I needed to make $60,000 in pre-tax dollars.

Nearly drove off the road.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.