Author Topic: Ivanka Trump calling lawmakers, urging action on childcare policy  (Read 8312 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Ivanka Trump calling lawmakers, urging action on childcare policy
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2016, 06:22:21 pm »
Wait just one cotton-picking minute!
I remember hearing ad-nauseum from Trumpers on here that if you didn't support Trump you were in fact a Hilary supporter.  So now we have jpsb on here saying that if he didn't support Bush.   Ok, so then that means, using the Trumper's standards, he supported Al Gore and John Kerry  and now he supports Trump...Well, at least he's consistent in his support for progressive libs.

You almost have to feel sorry for the trumpers these days.  It's becoming harder for them to ignore his egregious mistakes and his failures to concentrate on his promises.

The Goldman Sachs appointments are really 'in your face.'  The people over at TOS spent months, literally months, equating Goldman Sachs with all that was evil in the world.  Heidi Cruz was vilified because she had a lower-level job at Goldman Sachs with nothing to do with policy at all.

And now... and now, they have to swallow all that GS hate and there it is in their stomachs giving them indigestion and making them really cranky because they can't criticize it now.

Ha, ha.  All they can say is 'Trump must have his reasons,' or God doesn't have to explain all his ways to us... I mean the Orange God.

The defenders here are not so lucky.  There are people here who are logical and can refute all their lame arguments, of which going back and criticizing GWBush is perhaps the lamest.

But ... remember ... I said 'almost.'  You can almost feel sorry for them.  But I don't because they gave us Trump when any of the other Republicans who ran would have been light years better.  Even that idiot Kasich.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2016, 06:24:10 pm »
@Night Hides Not

The issue that got Trump elected was immigration. Folks want the border secured and immigration laws enforced. All the rest is gravy. If Trump only does that (border security) he will be the best president since Ike. Now if you would like to see the border secured and immigration laws enforce I suggest you stop being a tool for the Marxist left and start supporting Trump.

First time I've ever been called a "tool for the Marxist left."

Best president since Ike? So Trump's going to be a better President than Reagan? I'm not holding my breath.

Keep lowering the bar on Trump, we've come to expect that.

In my book, you're as credible as Brian Williams.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2016, 06:38:21 pm »
No you got sucked in by the worst president ever prior to Obama. And before Trump even takes office you're in full attack mode when you don't have the slightest idea of how he will govern or what his priorities will be. You've been wrong continuously about Trump so I expect you NTers to maintain you perfect record of always wrong.

Whoah ... wait a minute, I thought that you proclaimed that Trump hasn't done anything yet so how in the next breath can you say that "we" are wrong about him??  We maybe absolutely 100% correct about him. Not sure how you consider this to be 'full attack' mode; I for one am simply pointing out the reason why I find issue with his adult daughter being given an office in the White House at taxpayers expense to promote her own liberal agenda.  I don't remember hiring her; apparently according to the story her Daddy is. So, explain to me how that is attacking???  ANY president or president-elect is and should be under scrutiny and a fine microscope.  The campaign is over ... thus, the people hired him and the people can fire him, criticize him, praise him and absolutely hold him responsible.  One thing is for sure ... those that helped him become the GOP nominee ARE responsible for what he is now doing, and what he will do in the future.   
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

geronl

« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2016, 06:43:36 pm »
We did it by ourselves also and it wasn't easy.  Sounds like this has the makings of another bloated social program that the government has no way to monitor or stop abuses.  The government doesn't do anything right.  They create ways for people to abuse the system.  And "believe me" it will be another system for illegals to tap into.

babysit each other kids and get checks from the government

this is already happening in some states

geronl

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2016, 06:47:37 pm »
The head of the Council on Foreign Relations, CFR, enemy #1 for Trumpies, will soon be appointed too.

Trump met with the guy in March

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/03/donald-trump-held-briefing-with-richard-haass-head-of-council-on-foreign-relations/?_r=0

This guy is a real globalist

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2016, 06:54:18 pm »
We elected a populist. One with an "R" but a populist, just the same.

The guys spoke about Walls, jobs, MAGA, etc....

If he does the wall as he said, and the Supreme court pick as he said, those of us that are Conservative will be happy.

If he does this NannyCare nonsense, and climate change, the liberals will be happy.

This is what you get when you elect a Populist, whose political philosophy's across the board, a ship without a rudder.

At the end of the day, no one, even Trump himself, knows what he will do.

He could go all in right or all in left or somewhere in between, and say "Well, I've been presented a different set  of fact, etc....".

No one knows.

He'll be good for conservatism on one day and bad for it the next.

Nothing he has ever said or done from decades ago up until today, has shown me that he will not change on a dime.

Populist = 1 from Column A and 1 from Column B (not including egg rolls).

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2016, 07:08:28 pm »
We elected a populist. One with an "R" but a populist, just the same.

The guys spoke about Walls, jobs, MAGA, etc....

If he does the wall as he said, and the Supreme court pick as he said, those of us that are Conservative will be happy.

If he does this NannyCare nonsense, and climate change, the liberals will be happy.

This is what you get when you elect a Populist, whose political philosophy's across the board, a ship without a rudder.

At the end of the day, no one, even Trump himself, knows what he will do.

He could go all in right or all in left or somewhere in between, and say "Well, I've been presented a different set  of fact, etc....".

No one knows.

He'll be good for conservatism on one day and bad for it the next.

Nothing he has ever said or done from decades ago up until today, has shown me that he will not change on a dime.

Populist = 1 from Column A and 1 from Column B (not including egg rolls).

Populist is interchangeable with progressive. Trumpers liked to say populist because it meant they didn't have to admit to being progressives themselves.

Contrary to popular belief, progressive is not exactly synonymous with liberal or left. Teddy Roosevelt is a perfect example of a "right progressive". He was a republican who became the founder of the Bull Moose party which was officially known as the progressive party. Roosevelt supported some of the worst things ever to happen to this country like social security, direct election of senators, and progressive income tax.

Just the other day Newt Gingrich proudly compared Trump to a combination of Andrew Jackson, Teddy Roosevelt, and PT Barnum. That's pretty sad.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2016, 07:25:10 pm »
Whoah ... wait a minute, I thought that you proclaimed that Trump hasn't done anything yet so how in the next breath can you say that "we" are wrong about him??  We maybe absolutely 100% correct about him. Not sure how you consider this to be 'full attack' mode; I for one am simply pointing out the reason why I find issue with his adult daughter being given an office in the White House at taxpayers expense to promote her own liberal agenda.  I don't remember hiring her; apparently according to the story her Daddy is. So, explain to me how that is attacking???  ANY president or president-elect is and should be under scrutiny and a fine microscope.  The campaign is over ... thus, the people hired him and the people can fire him, criticize him, praise him and absolutely hold him responsible.  One thing is for sure ... those that helped him become the GOP nominee ARE responsible for what he is now doing, and what he will do in the future.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2016, 07:42:33 pm »
Just the other day Newt Gingrich proudly compared Trump to a combination of Andrew Jackson, Teddy Roosevelt, and PT Barnum. That's pretty sad.

I noticed something this past summer, around the convention, with a local circle of political friends. The ones who were Trump fans thought Teddy Roosevelt was one of the greatest Presidents, the ones who didn't like Trump found him to be an overall bad President.

Teddy Roosevelt was a pretty cool man and did a lot of interesting things in his life, but as a President, he was very 'progressive' even by modern standards. He expanded the government far more than any President before him or after him with the exception of his cousin.

The difference is in judging him based on his personality (Trump fans) versus judging him based on what he did as President (Trump skeptics).

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2016, 07:46:50 pm »
Populist is interchangeable with progressive. Trumpers liked to say populist because it meant they didn't have to admit to being progressives themselves.

Contrary to popular belief, progressive is not exactly synonymous with liberal or left. Teddy Roosevelt is a perfect example of a "right progressive". He was a republican who became the founder of the Bull Moose party which was officially known as the progressive party. Roosevelt supported some of the worst things ever to happen to this country like social security, direct election of senators, and progressive income tax.

Tsunamic national cultural shifts in attitudes of acceptable morality....they can't be brushed aside.  'You' ain't Moses.

Exhale...try a little pragmatism.

There has been an entire new generation of 2018 voters who were ten years old when Obama became POTUS.   

Obama's America, together with the Leftist education system and entertainment and media...is ALL THEY KNOW!

Trump is something entirely new and strange to them.   

Am excited to watch it all unfold.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2016, 07:52:51 pm »
Tsunamic national cultural shifts in attitudes of acceptable morality....they can't be brushed aside.  'You' ain't Moses.

Exhale...try a little pragmatism.

There has been an entire new generation of 2018 voters who were ten years old when Obama became POTUS.   

Obama's America, together with the Leftist education system and entertainment and media...is ALL THEY KNOW!

Trump is something entirely new and strange to them.   

Am excited to watch it all unfold.

Trump is entirely new and strange to everyone.  One of the strangest dudes ever.  Glad you're excited because some of us are afraid ... very afraid.

I'm very afraid that the good appointments he's made are good by accident and made for some reason we have yet to learn.

I'm very afraid that he is more liberal than we feared and that Ivanka is a better looking Hillary who has far too much influence on her Daddy Dearest.

But it will be interesting to see what happens.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2016, 07:54:39 pm »
I noticed something this past summer, around the convention, with a local circle of political friends. The ones who were Trump fans thought Teddy Roosevelt was one of the greatest Presidents, the ones who didn't like Trump found him to be an overall bad President.

Teddy Roosevelt was a pretty cool man and did a lot of interesting things in his life, but as a President, he was very 'progressive' even by modern standards. He expanded the government far more than any President before him or after him with the exception of his cousin.

The difference is in judging him based on his personality (Trump fans) versus judging him based on what he did as President (Trump skeptics).

I like to ask TR fans what he did that made him so great. Almost invariably they tell me that he was tough on the border at which point I inform them that Woodrow Wilson was also tough on the border as were Harding and Coolidge.

Basically they apply standards of conservatism that aren't really conservative.

Silver Pines

« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2016, 07:57:44 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

@jpsb

Bull, the man has not even taken office yet and you and all the other NeverTrumpers are in full attack mode.

That''s ridiculous.  I'm going on a case-by-case basis, so to speak.  Trump's picks for secretary of defense and for ambassador to Israel are very good.  Tillerson is not, and his daughter butting in where she has no place with her liberal BS isn't, either.  Why do you think we should massage him (uggghhh) and praise him for his every move? 

I think you need to own up to your most horrible president before you go on the attack against mine. Trump has not done one damn thing yet. Not one. But your guy George W Bush bankrupted us, killed hundreds of thousand needlessly, destabilized the entire middle east and grew government at break neck pace. You have no credibility since you and yours (W) have been wrong about everything. EVERYTHING!

I don't do cults of personality, jpsb.  You won't find me defending the big-government crap Bush pulled.  I don't even defend Ted Cruz when I think he's in the wrong. 

Trump is appointing people to his cabinet; how is that not "doing" something?  As thinking individuals, we look at those people and their history, we evaluate them, and we say whether or not we think the choice is good, or not.  Only someone who is too emotionally invested in the man could have a problem with that.  And you're damned right, his liberal daughter calling people to push her agenda is wrong. 

If you supported Bushism you have nothing to add to the conservation on how the govern conservatively.

I don't support any "-ism" as it applies to personalities.  I'm for Constitutional conservatism, period.  But don't talk to me about conservatism when you have no problem with some buttinsky liberal chick trying to push "women's issues."  Just don't.

Now I'll do you the courtesy of reading the rest of your rant.

Thank you.  You know you like me.   :seeya:

Offline corbe

« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2016, 08:07:06 pm »
I like to ask TR fans what he did that made him so great. Almost invariably they tell me that he was tough on the border at which point I inform them that Woodrow Wilson was also tough on the border as were Harding and Coolidge.

Basically they apply standards of conservatism that aren't really conservative.

Eisenhower was the toughest on the border in the last century with 'Operation Wetback', Trump campaigned on on something similar to this but IMHO will never see it through.

McConnell, Schumer, Durbin AND Rubio are dusting off the Gang of 8 bill as we type.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2016, 08:08:49 pm »
Just ventured over to TOS to see how this is sitting with the IN crowd.

Believe it or not, it is not sitting well at all.  It is universally upset everyone on the thread I was on, even to the point of (almost) criticizing Trump for giving her too much power.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2016, 08:10:45 pm »
If anyone else brings GWBush into this discussion in a negative way, I shall be really offended.

It's disgusting and pathetic.  I would give anything to have a president back who is as good as he was.

Offline corbe

« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2016, 08:11:50 pm »

I don't even defend Ted Cruz when I think he's in the wrong. 

@CatherineofAragon   Now you've gone to far, that right there is blasphemous.  :tongue2:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2016, 08:13:57 pm »
If anyone else brings GWBush into this discussion in a negative way, I shall be really offended.

It's disgusting and pathetic.  I would give anything to have a president back who is as good as he was.

It's what they do when they don't have anything intelligent to contribute to the discussion.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2016, 08:23:36 pm »

Thank you.  You know you like me.   :seeya:

lol, i do like you. :)

geronl

« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2016, 08:59:33 pm »
Whoah ... wait a minute, I thought that you proclaimed that Trump hasn't done anything yet so how in the next breath can you say that "we" are wrong about him?? 

They gave him credit for fixing the economy already, lol

Offline beandog

« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2016, 09:09:52 pm »

I agree with you.  Did he do some things wrong, yes he did.  Was he too gentlemenly at not go after certain people, yes he was.  GWB loves this country, is a good man, father and husband.  I don't understand all the hate around here from certain people.  Other than Regan, he was the best president we have had in my life time and I'm almost 60.

I agreed with going to war with Iraq and I still do.  I wish certain things had been handled different. :patriot:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2016, 10:19:03 pm »
I agree with you.  Did he do some things wrong, yes he did.  Was he too gentlemenly at not go after certain people, yes he was.  GWB loves this country, is a good man, father and husband.  I don't understand all the hate around here from certain people.  Other than Regan, he was the best president we have had in my life time and I'm almost 60.

I agreed with going to war with Iraq and I still do.  I wish certain things had been handled different. :patriot:

Thank you.  I find this Bush hate very strange indeed.  I think it goes back to Trump during the primaries when he was going after Jeb Bush.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2016, 10:25:41 pm »
Thank you.  I find this Bush hate very strange indeed.  I think it goes back to Trump during the primaries when he was going after Jeb Bush.

As I told someone earlier.

I met former FOX White house corespondent Wendel Goler a few years ago when he was home for Thanksgiving. He was at the White House from the Clinton administration till his retirement in 2014 but he made a point of telling me that the Bush white house was very open despite an often adversarial relationship.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2016, 11:54:24 pm »

I completely agree.

Some of these folks were avid Bush supporters until they fell in love with Trump, and Jeb was his opponent.

Some of them are so devoid of logic and in love that they bash Reagan, Bush and everyone else in history for being less honorable than dear leader Trump.

Turning your values on a dime to support a politician is strange indeed.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2016, 12:09:09 am »

Better hope SP doesn't venture in here. He's got a Terminal case of BDS.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!