Author Topic: Ivanka Trump calling lawmakers, urging action on childcare policy  (Read 8318 times)

Wingnut

Re: Ivanka Trump calling lawmakers, urging action on childcare policy
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2016, 12:29:41 am »
Better hope SP doesn't venture in here. He's got a Terminal case of BDS.

I have him occupied in the Music thread. Don't know how long I an hold him!   :smokin:

Offline corbe

« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2016, 12:31:38 am »
I have him occupied in the Music thread. Don't know how long I an hold him!   :smokin:

and corbe too, yall enjoy your safe space.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2016, 12:32:08 am »
Thank you.  I find this Bush hate very strange indeed.  I think it goes back to Trump during the primaries when he was going after Jeb Bush.

Conservatives hating W. goes way way way back, long before Trump. I remember large protests against his amnesty plans.

Offline beandog

« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2016, 01:42:33 am »
Thank you.  I find this Bush hate very strange indeed.  I think it goes back to Trump during the primaries when he was going after Jeb Bush.
Some of it was Jeb Bush but some of it was when the Donald decided to blame GWB for 9/11 and claim he lied about WMD to get us into the Iraq war.  I think that's when I knew I definitely could not support him.  Of course, all the little tRumpsters then had to turn on GWB.  I was shocked at what FR had become then.  Made me sad.**nononono*

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2016, 02:11:06 am »
If anyone else brings GWBush into this discussion in a negative way, I shall be really offended.

It's disgusting and pathetic.  I would give anything to have a president back who is as good as he was.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2016, 02:41:27 am »

It's not hard to look back at the "W" years and reflect on the good after dealing with eight very long years of Bammy!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2016, 03:04:47 am »
It's not hard to look back at the "W" years and reflect on the good after dealing with eight very long years of Bammy!

I've never stopped admiring him.  Best POTUS since Reagan in my lifetime.

That business of not defending yourself however....the cost was enormous.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2016, 03:59:54 am »

A huge mistake.

Because his being a gentleman and not defending himself meant that he didn't defend the people who agreed with him either.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2016, 04:07:13 am »

@DCPatriot

Something I can proudly agree 110% with you on.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 04:12:29 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2016, 04:07:32 am »
Better hope SP doesn't venture in here. He's got a Terminal case of BDS.

I know... I had to block him for a while.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2016, 04:26:34 am »
@DCPatriot

Something I can proudly agree 110% with you on.

It might be a different story if the press had protected him as they have protected Obama and Hillary.

When have you ever read anything negative about Obama in the mainstream media?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2016, 05:23:22 am »
It might be a different story if the press had protected him as they have protected Obama and Hillary.

When have you ever read anything negative about Obama in the mainstream media?

They only bitch about the Obama administration the msm has ever had is when the press office shuts the out of events.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jpsb

« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2016, 02:01:11 pm »
I like to ask TR fans what he did that made him so great. Almost invariably they tell me that he was tough on the border at which point I inform them that Woodrow Wilson was also tough on the border as were Harding and Coolidge.

Basically they apply standards of conservatism that aren't really conservative.

Aside from being a brave man who served his country with honor and distinction Teddy Roosevelt did a few things which are notable.

*He broke up big monopolies (robber barons) which allowed smaller business to complete which lead to huge economic growth.  Probably his greatest achievement as president.

*He established the national park system which allows us to preserve our natural wonders for all to enjoy.

*His open door policy in China earned the USA the respect of the Chinese government and people. (Until the Chicoms took over.)

He also brokered a peace between Russia and Japan for which he was awarded a Noble Peace prize back when NPP meant something. And he built the Panama Canal

Those are just off the top of my head, I'm sure he did a few other things as well. You can put me down as a fan of Teddy Roosevelt.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2016, 02:09:01 pm »
Conservatives hating W. goes way way way back, long before Trump. I remember large protests against his amnesty plans.

I always thought W was an empty suit, (I was a Steve Forbes guy) but his amnesty plan was the last straw for me. That turned me from being critical of him into active opponent.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2016, 06:36:57 pm »
It appears there's a couple here who don't know or don't care we are 20 Trillion in debt
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline musiclady

« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2016, 07:42:44 pm »
   and corbe too, yall enjoy your safe space.

@corbe

Don't know what you're talking about.  No one in this discussion wants a 'safe space.'

Just a handful of Trumpers demanded that, and they got it.  No one else is that fragile.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline corbe

« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2016, 07:45:19 pm »
@corbe

Don't know what you're talking about.  No one in this discussion wants a 'safe space.'

Just a handful of Trumpers demanded that, and they got it.  No one else is that fragile.

I was referring to the fact that the other guy wasn't hating on Bush and I wasn't trying to Snark you to death.
   It seemed peaceful for awhile.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

« Reply #117 on: December 17, 2016, 08:00:01 pm »
@CatherineofAragon   Now you've gone to far, that right there is blasphemous.  :tongue2:

@corbe

LOL

The way I see it, there are a few times when I criticize my husband, much as I adore him, so no public servant is going to be off the hook...no matter how much I might like him.

Silver Pines

« Reply #118 on: December 17, 2016, 08:00:30 pm »
lol, i do like you. :)

@jpsb

Same here.   ^-^

Offline musiclady

« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2016, 08:51:54 pm »
   I was referring to the fact that the other guy wasn't hating on Bush and I wasn't trying to Snark you to death.
   It seemed peaceful for awhile.

Hmmm........ OK.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2016, 09:55:47 pm »
You can put me down as a fan of Teddy Roosevelt.

Same here.  :beer:

Though for me it's more his sheer style in doing things than anything he actually did.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2016, 10:55:29 pm »
Same here.  :beer:

Though for me it's more his sheer style in doing things than anything he actually did.

TR was a progressive scumbag and a eugenics fan.

TR letter to Dr Charles Davenport expressing interest and agreement with his theory of eugenics.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 10:58:54 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2016, 12:27:16 am »
Progressivism may sound good now to Trump supporters. The problem is these government programs grow and grow and they never go away once more and more people come to depend on them. Then taxes go up thereby stifling economic growth to fund them. When that isn't enough, we borrow and print.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy