Author Topic: BREAKING: Reince Priebus tapped To Be Trump's Chief of Staff  (Read 13088 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: BREAKING: Reince Priebus tapped To Be Trump's Chief of Staff
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2016, 11:45:07 pm »
I was one of those conservatives..

So was I....but without us this would have turned out differently. Some of these states he won in was by narrow margins.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2016, 11:45:15 pm »
Hayfoot, strawfoot, down the totalitarian highway to the shining city on the hill...

Trump will be pimping gun control and his toadies will be here creating justifications for it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2016, 11:45:17 pm »
YOU claim they were "reluctant", @Frank Cannon

IMO, you error in assigning the same political POV as the NeverTrump contingent.

Or...are you now claiming that the 83% of Christians voted for him "reluctantly"?    :laugh:

A very, very large contingent of (educated) Christians did so with great reluctance.......... some praying for forgiveness after doing so because they were going against their God-given consciences.

A lot of the rest of us couldn't.

Others were sheep, following charlatans like Falwell, or were completely ignorant as to how corrupt and degenerate Donald Trump really is.

In any case, the Evangelical movement has chosen political power over values, and will pay for it.

The salt has lost its savor.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

geronl

« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2016, 11:45:32 pm »
I have a somewhat unorthodox opinion on this.  Trump just created a vacancy on RNC.  It will be interesting to see what influence he has on selection of the new Chairman.  No, I don't think Priebus will try to stay in both seats.

Maybe Ivanka or Trump, Jr. - gotta be a sycophant who will wear the kneepads

Offline LMAO

« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2016, 11:46:14 pm »
Some need to pick their battles. I'm not all that concerned who he picks for his COS. That's minor. Not everything Trump does or will do is wrong

His spending wishes and his march to grow the size and scope of the government, however, will have ramifications for generations and should be fiercely opposed by conservatives
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 11:51:02 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline musiclady

« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2016, 11:47:13 pm »
Looks like Obamacare's going to be tweaked, not repealed and replaced.

Bummer, huh?

And now they can call it Trumpcare.

It's what he's always believed in anyway.  Why did anyone think he'd actually move to repeal what he government health care when that's what he thinks we should suffer under?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2016, 11:48:25 pm »
Or...are you now claiming that the 83% of Christians voted for him "reluctantly"?
Either that or "delusionally."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jpsb

« Reply #132 on: November 13, 2016, 11:48:27 pm »
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 11:49:21 pm by jpsb »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2016, 11:50:16 pm »
You are aware (probably not) that it was reluctant Conservatives that drug Donny's lazy ass over the finish line so he could have one of the most unremarkable wins in history.

You mean like W's two victories?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #134 on: November 13, 2016, 11:50:50 pm »
If you all hate Reince who exactly did you want to see as COS?

How about Kelleyanne Conway?

Knows her way around politics, is an outsider, is loyal to Trump and HE LISTENS TO HER.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2016, 11:51:31 pm »
A very, very large contingent of (educated) Christians did so with great reluctance.......... some praying for forgiveness after doing so because they were going against their God-given consciences. 

Hyperbole aside, how do you know --- "educated Christians" (which I presume is the preferred, higher class Christian) --- voted for Trump with great reluctance --- praying for forgiveness all the way?

How do you presume to know this?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2016, 11:51:54 pm »
YOU claim they were "reluctant", @Frank Cannon

IMO, you error in assigning the same political POV as the NeverTrump contingent.

Or...are you now claiming that the 83% of Christians voted for him "reluctantly"?    :laugh:

Well since you outed yourself as a Lib, . Donny won the states that got him over the hump by very narrow margins. They just called MI for him yesterday it was so close. It was also shown that a large number of his voters were like me and disliked him, but thought Hitlary should be in jail. That isn't exactly a solid endorsement for the guy. It is also now apparent that he didn't win by bringing new voters into the system. He won because her base didn't show up.

You had to know I would see that....
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 11:55:26 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2016, 11:52:01 pm »
Turning a swamp into a lake? I love it. Thinking outside the box, way to go Trump!
Nah. Just keeping the water level above the dirt.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Longmire

« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2016, 11:52:07 pm »
That you do.

Sure you want to go *there* Norma?

Doesn't look like you're holding too many cards in this political Game of Thrones. 

More like .34% of one.  :laugh:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2016, 11:52:10 pm »
You mean like W's two victories?

Few conservatives had to hold their ballot  like a dirty diaper when voting for W.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2016, 11:52:43 pm »
How about Kelleyanne Conway?

Knows her way around politics, is an outsider, is loyal to Trump and HE LISTENS TO HER.

She's staying on his team, but she doesn't know the Congressional players.  And this is one of the prerequisites for the job.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #141 on: November 13, 2016, 11:52:52 pm »
Some need to pick their battles. I'm not all that concerned who he picks for his COS. That's minor.

His spending wishes and his march to grow the size and scope of the government will have ramifications for generations

I agree..I am more concerned about his Cabinet and SCOTUS picks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #142 on: November 13, 2016, 11:53:51 pm »
Hyperbole aside, how do you know --- "educated Christians" (which I presume is the preferred, higher class Christian) --- voted for Trump with great reluctance --- praying for forgiveness all the way?

How do you presume to know this?

She was hoping.........
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #143 on: November 13, 2016, 11:54:25 pm »
She's staying on his team, but she doesn't know the Congressional players.  And this is one of the prerequisites for the job.

LOL. Give me a break. She has been involved in DC politics for the last 30 years. She knows the players.

« Reply #144 on: November 13, 2016, 11:54:31 pm »
I was one of those conservatives..

Thank you for your vote @mystery-ak 

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #145 on: November 13, 2016, 11:55:53 pm »
Sure you want to go *there* Norma?

Doesn't look like you're holding too many cards in this political Game of Thrones. 

More like .34% of one.  :laugh:

I'm holding -all- the cards Buckwheat. Your guy has to govern. And IF he governs like a liberal then it's all on you. I did my part to elect a more conservative option. You are left with either siding with America in trying to get him to do the constitutional governance thing or saying something openly liberal like "LOL!   The results of this election prove beyond a shadow of any doubt that Conservatives needed to be stripped of any power."

« Reply #146 on: November 13, 2016, 11:55:58 pm »
LOL. Give me a break. She has been involved in DC politics for the last 30 years. She knows the players.

Maybe from 20,000 feet ... but that's not good enough for the position.  Hands-on and personal experience with the Congressional team is needed .. IMO.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2016, 11:57:05 pm »
I agree..I am more concerned about his Cabinet and SCOTUS picks

A COS has influence on who they will be. Perhaps the most influence. Some here forget that.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2016, 11:59:40 pm »
Well since you outed yourself as a Lib, . Donny won the states that got him over the hump by very narrow margins. They just called MI for him yesterday it was so close. It was also shown that a large number of his voters were like me and disliked him, but thought Hitlary should be in jail. That isn't exactly a solid endorsement for the guy. It is also now apparent that he didn't win by bringing new voters into the system. He won because her base didn't show up.

You had to know I would see that....
I predict Hillary won't serve a day behind bars, and won't lose a dime in fines.
Nothing will happen to her, whether Obama pardons her or not. Just watch.

Rinsed Prius just got the key to the clubhouse (and here people thought he was already "Country Club") and Conservatives will be fought tooth and nail by the GOP. 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jpsb

« Reply #149 on: November 14, 2016, 12:00:05 am »
Few conservatives had to hold their ballot  like a dirty diaper when voting for W.
I did, I had to hold my nose big time to vote W, I only did it because of Gore and then Kerry. W sucked, worst president ever until Zero came along. Jimmy set the bar low, W went under it. Zero is W legacy. I'd tell you what I really think of W but I don't want to do a time out.