Author Topic: OFFICIAL DEBATE THREAD: Trump vs. Clinton September 26  (Read 51460 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: OFFICIAL DEBATE THREAD: Trump vs. Clinton September 26
« Reply #625 on: September 27, 2016, 06:04:21 pm »
Hahaha, another caller, "Trump was great and he was playing rope a dope.  He is holding back some fire power for the next debates!"

I heard that too and spit up my coke (soft drink not powder) laughing. These Trumpettes have absolutely no critical thinking skills at all.

Wingnut

« Reply #626 on: September 27, 2016, 06:04:38 pm »
About all of those online polls....  :whistle:

Peggy like Trump supporters. Tenatious like Bull.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #627 on: September 27, 2016, 06:06:09 pm »
I am so glad I found this forum. You guys brighten my day. Great insights everyone.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Silver Pines

« Reply #628 on: September 27, 2016, 06:06:34 pm »
@CatherineofAragon you guessed correctly!  I have no idea why I haven't logged off yet..... savme

I am learning where most of the garbage that I hear from many Trump supporters comes from.....

I think the last time I listened to Rush was when the primaries were going on,  and a caller asked him why he wouldn't discuss Trump's liberal past/viewpoints.  Rush was dismissive to the guy to the point of being rude---he was sarcastic and laughing.  I turned him off then and haven't missed him.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #629 on: September 27, 2016, 06:11:10 pm »
Hahaha, now a caller calls in and says, "Donald did great last night considering that he has never done a live, on stage debate before!"

Ummm....Kay.

Hopefully, Rush corrected him/her.

Wingnut

« Reply #630 on: September 27, 2016, 06:11:34 pm »
Rush is out of his mind today. There were serious missteps by Donny last night (No plausible answer for tax returns). He should be criticized on them to make him better. That ain't happening so next debate will probably be another train wreck.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #631 on: September 27, 2016, 06:12:07 pm »
I am so glad I found this forum. You guys brighten my day. Great insights everyone.

Oh yeah? Wait till you start reading some of my garbage posts. You will be rushing to delete this place from your bookmarks.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #632 on: September 27, 2016, 06:12:41 pm »
Lol!   Where's the obligatory bottle of Stoli on that desk?

No Wodka until after last poll complete, Da?

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #633 on: September 27, 2016, 06:14:59 pm »

Yes, indeed!  Fixated.  But loyal to a fault....  and loves biscuits...  with mustard.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #634 on: September 27, 2016, 06:21:18 pm »
I do.  I was a smidgeon away from casting my ballot FOR Trump.  This debate convinced me that even Roger Aile's can't keep him leashed.  He has sounded very presidential over the last month or so.  Last night he sounded like an insane buffoon!  He lost my vote last night and that is very disheartening.  I can't begin to fathom a Hillary Presidency, I just hope we can keep the House and Senate to fight her!

I think what happened to you last night in terms of support for Trump happened to a lot of people.  Trump was off-leash and we saw what happened.  When Hillary Clinton looks like the sane and well person on the stage, we live in a scary universe.  I cannot fathom the thought of either of them.

I think Hillary won the presidency last night.  May God help us all.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #635 on: September 27, 2016, 06:22:00 pm »
Wow.  Totally defenestrated what was left of his integrity.

@Sanguine

When my kids were taking German in HS, their teacher, who had a great sense of humor, would, when they messed something up, point to the window feigning outrage and say, "Aus dem venster!"

I just had to laugh when you used the incredible word "defenestrated" picturing poor ol' Rush being tossed out the window.

Still chortling here....    888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline CSM

« Reply #636 on: September 27, 2016, 06:32:06 pm »
I heard that too and spit up my coke (soft drink not powder) laughing. These Trumpettes have absolutely no critical thinking skills at all.

I decided to switch over to Dennis Prager.  First thing I heard is, "Maybe I will write my next column on all of the excellent points that Trump brought up.  No one else seems to want to talk about them."

Jeesh.

Offline CSM

« Reply #637 on: September 27, 2016, 06:36:48 pm »
Hopefully, Rush corrected him/her.

Hahaha, nope.  He actually confirmed the caller's points.

Wingnut

« Reply #638 on: September 27, 2016, 06:54:06 pm »
No Wodka until after last poll complete, Da?

Darling.  There always time for wodka. 

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #639 on: September 27, 2016, 08:00:56 pm »
I think the last time I listened to Rush was when the primaries were going on,  and a caller asked him why he wouldn't discuss Trump's liberal past/viewpoints.  Rush was dismissive to the guy to the point of being rude---he was sarcastic and laughing.  I turned him off then and haven't missed him.

Same for me.  Same day.  A couple of days later I received a renewal notice from Rush and I just deleted the e-mail.  No more Rush.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

debrawiest

« Reply #640 on: September 27, 2016, 08:49:42 pm »
It would have been nice to have had a Republican candidate who could utter one complete, coherent sentence. Or a string of them.  :shrug:

Offline Resp3

« Reply #641 on: September 27, 2016, 08:54:07 pm »
It would have been nice to have had a Republican candidate who could utter one complete, coherent sentence. Or a string of them.  :shrug:

What? "CALL SEAN HANNITY! CALL SEAN HANNITY!" wasn't coherent enough?

:laughingdog:

@debrawiest

Wingnut

« Reply #642 on: September 27, 2016, 09:04:19 pm »

Don't set the bar too high.  Someone slightly above the current mouth breather running ould do.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #643 on: September 27, 2016, 09:07:12 pm »
"Trump choked". This one had me LOLing... how did he choke? He was this terribly awful in all the GOP debates. I would say he was even worse actually. It has thus far failed to stop him.

HonestJohn

« Reply #644 on: September 27, 2016, 09:26:55 pm »
A lot depends upon whether one looks to substance or style.

In terms of substance, I think Donald Trump clearly was far superior to Hillary Clinton.

In terms of style, however, Hillary Clinton projected a warm and happy image (as much as she can, anyway); whereas Donald Trump seemed dour and annoyed whenever the camera did a split screen.

And far too many, I believe, look to style as a determining factor. 

Karl Rove may have summed it up nicely when he said, basically, that Donald Trump did nothing to disqualify himself; so he will live to fight another day.

What substance?  I saw the debate and he made sweeping generalizations without real specifics.  (Except for 'Stop and Frisk', which is a local issue, not a Presidential one)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #645 on: September 27, 2016, 09:49:07 pm »
What substance?  I saw the debate and he made sweeping generalizations without real specifics.  (Except for 'Stop and Frisk', which is a local issue, not a Presidential one)

I think 'stop and frisk' applies if Willy J is back in the WH. And I thought trump mentioned the MSM was the best member of her campaign. lol
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

HonestJohn

« Reply #646 on: September 27, 2016, 10:06:17 pm »
I think 'stop and frisk' applies if Willy J is back in the WH. And I thought trump mentioned the MSM was the best member of her campaign. lol

That's not substance.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #647 on: September 27, 2016, 10:47:51 pm »
That's not substance.

Yeah, I know. But I think you're asking too much from those two.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #648 on: September 28, 2016, 12:38:51 am »
Trump and substance?  :thud:

Silver Pines

« Reply #649 on: September 28, 2016, 12:42:04 am »
Same for me.  Same day.  A couple of days later I received a renewal notice from Rush and I just deleted the e-mail.  No more Rush.

@ConstitutionRose

You remember that, too, huh?  Rush let it be known that day he wouldn't be bothering to vet his golfing buddy.