Author Topic: Ted Cruz Warns Democrats Could Have ‘Massive Wins’ in Texas  (Read 10066 times)

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Ted Cruz Warns Democrats Could Have ‘Massive Wins’ in Texas
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2016, 09:50:10 pm »
My take on Cruz is my take. You can take it or leave it, I really don't care.

Trump easily took 50% of the vote share in primaries once the field was whittled down. I have no doubt he would have easily cleared 50% had there been fewer candidates from the get go.

You do know that most of those primaries were open, where you didn't even have to be a registered Republican to vote in them, right?  And that Trump couldn't get over about 70% of the vote even when he was running unopposed?  How do you square that with your belief that Trump is more widely liked than the rest of us know to be true?
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2016, 09:55:22 pm »
Obama's judicial appointments will haunt the country for years. Hillary's won't be any better, and I believe will tip the scales of the USSC to the left, maybe permanently.

If that doesn't scare you it should.

No, what scares me is the pussified Congress that refuses to impeach Judges ruling by fiat. The problem isn't i the nomination, but rather in the governance of judges. That is the expressed domain of the US Congress.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2016, 09:56:13 pm »
Trump cheated? LOL!

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I'm sure you were pitching a big fit when Trump claimed Cruz "cheated" in Colorado (he didn't). Now you're here doing the same thing Trump did, while criticizing Trump for doing it! Pot calling the kettle black.

We'll all know who lied to get nominated when Hillary is prosecuted, that big beautiful wall gets built, the illegals are deported and muslims are barred from entering the US.

But by that time he will have been elected and all that really won't matter.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 09:58:23 pm by skeeter »

Offline DB

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2016, 10:17:52 pm »
Trump cheated? LOL!

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I'm sure you were pitching a big fit when Trump claimed Cruz "cheated" in Colorado (he didn't). Now you're here doing the same thing Trump did, while criticizing Trump for doing it! Pot calling the kettle black.

Your morality and integrity are well represented in Trump.

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2016, 10:48:29 pm »
Could the Senator be feeling political vulnerability for his decree?   I bet he's wishing he had just skipped the convention.   ^-^
Down here in Texas we have this saying that fits your supposition to a tee. "Wish in one hand, poop in the other and see which fills the fastest".

Ted Cruz is doing quiet nicely in Texas. Rick Perry likes to win, he knows Cruz can't be beat. Rick would do good to look at going after Corny's Senate spot.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2016, 12:35:28 am »

You set yourself up for it, suggesting Cruz isn't playing politics and being a "good" and upstanding person. If you truly believe he isn't playing politics, you've been duped more than you could possibly imagine.

The voters spoke, and there's no getting around that. Trump won a majority of pledged delegates, which is the only number that matters. No doubt he would have had well over 50% of the total vote share as well if he had only been up against 2-3 people like HRC.

You're right of course, Axel.  I wasn't aware that this was a game of one-upmanship, so I was just honestly and openly exchanging information and expressing opinions.  My apologies; next time I will understand what game it is you are playing.

As for being duped by believing that Ted Cruz is an honest man...... :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2016, 01:38:51 am »
Ted Cruz...

@Right_in_Virginia

I got you an early Christmas present. You're welcome.

[attachment deleted by admin]

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2016, 01:48:29 am »
My take on Cruz is my take. You can take it or leave it, I really don't care.

Trump easily took 50% of the vote share in primaries once the field was whittled down. I have no doubt he would have easily cleared 50% had there been fewer candidates from the get go.

Unless I am mistaken... which is possible but not likely ... Trump was only able to scrounge up slightly more than 30% in the early primaries.  Had the field been smaller, he would have fared even worse.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2016, 01:50:38 am »
Down here in Texas we have this saying that fits your supposition to a tee. "Wish in one hand, poop in the other and see which fills the fastest".

Ted Cruz is doing quiet nicely in Texas. Rick Perry likes to win, he knows Cruz can't be beat. Rick would do good to look at going after Corny's Senate spot.

That is a great idea.  Rick Perry would probably beat Cornyn, the bland.  I always liked Perry.  If Texas could have Cruz and Perry, what a great duo to have in the Senate.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

geronl

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2016, 04:34:58 am »
Quote from: Right_in_Virginia on September 18, 2016, 12:34:29 PM

I don't @Sanguine

Ted Cruz made a cold, hard political calculation in not supporting Donald Trump, the Republican nominee for POTUS, at the RNC Convention, in prime time.   He chose it, he owns it.  His calculation says he will live politially larger because of it, the political reality says the opposite.

So, if you want to know about the political destruction of one of the few conservatives in Congress, you'll need to ask Ted Cruz.  All his wounds resulting from his (mis)calculation are self-inflicted.

Ted did the right thing, and did not openly endorse the corrupt liberal fraud. Ted did the correct conservative thing. The fact that leftwing haters act like he did something wrong is hilarious to me. I truly hope Trump goes down in flames, because he will turn around and praise Hillary and support her as President.

Ted will still be standing up against liberals (and that means against people like you) long after the liberal pedo Orange freakshow has departed this world.

The more I read stuff from Trump supporters the more I hate this freak. There is literally nothing about the man that is right or good. He truly is the nastiest piece of vermin filth that has walked on this Earth.

geronl

« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2016, 04:37:08 am »
You do know that most of those primaries were open, where you didn't even have to be a registered Republican to vote in them, right?  And that Trump couldn't get over about 70% of the vote even when he was running unopposed?  How do you square that with your belief that Trump is more widely liked than the rest of us know to be true?

Trump is the least liked candidate in modern history. Heck I bet Caesar had better numbers in Gaul while he was sacking it.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2016, 05:35:21 am »
Why on earth would you want that, @Right_in_Virginia?  You want to destroy one of the few conservatives in Congress?  Why?

Ted's certainly a conservative.  The problem is that it seems unlikely he's ever going to be more than only one vote out of a hundred.  I'd personally prefer that a Senator might have the ability to sway the votes of some others.

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2016, 05:40:39 am »
Why on earth would you want that, @Right_in_Virginia?  You want to destroy one of the few conservatives in Congress?  Why?

Oh, and as for "spin" that word doesn't mean what you seem to feel it means.
Trumpbots gots to be trumpbots. No other way to defend an undefendable position.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2016, 05:43:14 am »
No, what scares me is the pussified Congress that refuses to impeach Judges ruling by fiat. The problem isn't i the nomination, but rather in the governance of judges. That is the expressed domain of the US Congress.

There is zero chance the Senate would actually have removed a single one of those judges.  Impeachment would have been perceived by voters as nothing more than a.pointless political stunt.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2016, 05:49:54 am »
There is zero chance the Senate would actually have removed a single one of those judges.  Impeachment would have been perceived by voters as nothing more than a.pointless political stunt.

Exactly why I am no longer a Republican. There's always an excuse for refusing to do what's right.

Offline DB

« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2016, 07:23:31 am »
Ted's certainly a conservative.  The problem is that it seems unlikely he's ever going to be more than only one vote out of a hundred.  I'd personally prefer that a Senator might have the ability to sway the votes of some others.

He would if voters simply had the courage to stand behind him and give him the authority to implement his conservative ideas. Instead they waffle around the one they think "can win" regardless of what policies or truthfulness is involved. The bottom line is we can't win if we don't stand our ground. The choosing the lesser evil in order to "win" is not standing your ground. It is conceding the loss.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2016, 11:58:54 am »
Trump is the least liked candidate in modern history. Heck I bet Caesar had better numbers in Gaul while he was sacking it.

That's true, but what does it say for Cruz's appeal that he couldn't beat the most disliked nominee in history?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2016, 12:18:11 pm »

Ooh ooh oooh!  :raise hand:  ... Reality bites and #NeverTrump is dead wrong?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2016, 01:12:02 pm »
That's true, but what does it say for Cruz's appeal that he couldn't beat the most disliked nominee in history?

No doubt, if Cruz decides to run again, he'll need to increase his likeability quotient, and modulate his speech so it doesn't sound smarmy.

Looking at it another way, what did it say for Reagan's appeal that he couldn't beat Ford in 1976? Each election cycle stands on its own.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2016, 01:33:11 pm »
He would if voters simply had the courage to stand behind him and give him the authority to implement his conservative ideas. Instead they waffle around the one they think "can win" regardless of what policies or truthfulness is involved. The bottom line is we can't win if we don't stand our ground. The choosing the lesser evil in order to "win" is not standing your ground. It is conceding the loss.

Thats true - congress is a reflection of the people they represent. Cruz is just one person but only he and a handful of others seem to speak for me.

And I'm glad they do since I have no intention of amending my own personal principles to suit what a majority in this country appear to believe. There're names for people like that.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 01:43:13 pm by skeeter »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2016, 01:41:13 pm »

Sway them to what @Maj. Bill Martin

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2016, 01:45:02 pm »
No doubt, if Cruz decides to run again, he'll need to increase his likeability quotient, and modulate his speech so it doesn't sound smarmy.

Looking at it another way, what did it say for Reagan's appeal that he couldn't beat Ford in 1976? Each election cycle stands on its own.

No doubt you are correct.  There will always be many voters, even on the right, who feel rather than think and want a candidate that makes them feel warm and fuzzy, rather than look at their background and stances on issues. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2016, 01:54:33 pm »

:amen:  :amen: and :amen:

What scares me is the pussified Congress that refuses to impeach Judges ruling by fiat and who either don't know or simply don't care about the powers they are granted. The problem isn't in the nomination, but rather in the governance of judges. That is the expressed domain of the US Congress.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 01:55:24 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2016, 02:01:24 pm »

Even assuming that to be true it doesn't matter a bit because a congressman is elected to do HIS job without regard to what the Senate - of which he is not a member- may or may not do!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2016, 02:12:55 pm »
:amen:  :amen: and :amen:

What scares me is the pussified Congress that refuses to impeach Judges ruling by fiat and who either don't know or simply don't care about the powers they are granted. The problem isn't in the nomination, but rather in the governance of judges. That is the expressed domain of the US Congress.

Many are just too damn lazy to do their jobs and its easier not to 'buck' the Washington Kingmakers.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.