Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - THURSDAY, JULY 21  (Read 41753 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - THURSDAY, JULY 21
« Reply #1075 on: July 23, 2016, 02:34:48 am »
Two things, if this were true then what Ted said wouldn't stick in your craw like it so deliciously and very apparently does.  And, that's a sad statement on your collective consciences.

As a poster on Twitter said, "I'll take the bullet because I'm not getting on my knees"

When you become outraged at a man who encourages you to abide by your conscience, it means your conscience has already condemned you.
- Michael Brendan Dougherty - The week

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1076 on: July 23, 2016, 02:37:25 am »
Perhaps The Donald isn't sure what one is supposed to say when invoking God? 

Well he usually has no trouble with that, he typically uses only one other word when invoking GOD...................and it's damnit!

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #1077 on: July 23, 2016, 02:39:56 am »

Ted also said not to vote for Hillary.  Hopefully Ted and Trump can work it out.

Ted and Trump will never work it out because Trump is a petulant man-child.

If Trump was at all savvy, he would have said, "I want to thank Ted Cruz for his ringing endorsement. The GOP voters know they can count on me to uphold all of the values Ted espoused in his beautiful and soaring speech. I reviewed Ted's speech ahead of time and knew that when Ted said, 'Vote your conscience," he was talking about voting for Trump/Pence in 2016. What else would he have been talking about?"

If he had done that, the whole thing would have blown over. Instead, the man-child comes out and starts immediately talking about Raphael and Oswald again.

Because he's small.

Because he's stupid.

Because he doesn't have what it takes to win.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #1078 on: July 23, 2016, 02:42:43 am »

Because he's small.

Because he's stupid.

Because he's a lunatic.
James 1:20

Online GtHawk

« Reply #1079 on: July 23, 2016, 02:53:29 am »
We can understand a Trumper having a brain fart. I'm sure that raccoon on the top of his head hears a lot of them.
And still they just can't let Ted go! Someone needs to believe their own side's position, Ted is irrelevant, his career is over, he's done. Hell their own Presidential nominee has said that he doesn't need or want Ted's endorsement, would not accept it if Ted gave it and yet they still can't evict him from their heads. What is Trump likes to say( I know there are so many),  oh yeah "So, sad".

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #1080 on: July 23, 2016, 02:57:07 am »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline billva

« Reply #1081 on: July 23, 2016, 02:59:55 am »
What is amusing is that if you go over this topic for the first 40 or so pages you see comment after comment after comment about what a wonderful guy Cruz is.

Then after reading that long enough I posted a few, very few, cartoons about poor Teddy Cruz and all of a sudden he is in my head?

Nope it's just a little fun with this thread which is so off the wall. 

Cruz really does not matter because he pretty much ended his career for anything except what he may get elected to in Texas with his classless show the other night.

Now waiting for the long long line of never Trump or perhaps stated as Always Cruz to start up the chorus again.

Just having a little fun folks with a bunch of ??????????

Offline billva

« Reply #1082 on: July 23, 2016, 03:03:42 am »
And still they just can't let Ted go! Someone needs to believe their own side's position, Ted is irrelevant, his career is over, he's done. Hell their own Presidential nominee has said that he doesn't need or want Ted's endorsement, would not accept it if Ted gave it and yet they still can't evict him from their heads. What is Trump likes to say( I know there are so many),  oh yeah "So, sad".

Cruz is truly done and I would be so glad to let him go, but then I see a 45 page topic that keeps blowing up Lying Ted's qualifications and I started doing a little research and find the view of the bigger picture in the country is just the opposite so I put up a few cartoons.  If it bothered you then I am so sorry.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1083 on: July 23, 2016, 03:03:57 am »

I think politifact has some bias if you check HRC's credibility. Either that or she really doesn't remember.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1084 on: July 23, 2016, 03:11:11 am »
Cruz is truly done and I would be so glad to let him go, but then I see a 45 page topic that keeps blowing up Lying Ted's qualifications and I started doing a little research and find the view of the bigger picture in the country is just the opposite so I put up a few cartoons.  If it bothered you then I am so sorry.
Cruz is far from done.  He'll easily get reelected to the senate.  By then Trump will be but a footnote in history.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1085 on: July 23, 2016, 03:12:14 am »
I think politifact has some bias if you check HRC's credibility. Either that or she really doesn't remember.
Ok...that was good...LOLOLOLOL.

:beer:

Online GtHawk

« Reply #1086 on: July 23, 2016, 03:13:55 am »
Doesn't bother me, I just wonder why you even bother, are the Trump threads so boring that you pop over here? Why would it matter to you if a group of people talk about Ted in a positive manner, unless of course because the same group speaks of Trump in a negative manner. But again if said group is as irrelevant and unnecessary to the election of Trump, why bother with them? Wouldn't it be more productive for you folk, and I include Trump in that since he seems to still think he's running against Cruz, to be attacking Hillary and her supporters?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:15:06 am by GtHawk »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1087 on: July 23, 2016, 03:20:00 am »
You misspelled "Lion" again.

I'm not bothered. I know while political cartoons are commentary, they reflect the views of the editorial staff or the artist.  That's why there are relatively few negative cartoons about Cruz, and hundreds about Trump. Trump will have hundreds more before this is done.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1088 on: July 23, 2016, 03:25:33 am »
Doesn't bother me, I just wonder why you even bother, are the Trump threads so boring that you pop over here? Why would it matter to you if a group of people talk about Ted in a positive manner, unless of course because the same group speaks of Trump in a negative manner. But again if said group is as irrelevant and unnecessary to the election of Trump, why bother with them? Wouldn't it be more productive for you folk, and I include Trump in that since he seems to still think he's running against Cruz, to be attacking Hillary and her supporters?
You have hit the nail on the head. If we and Senator Cruz are so irrelevant, then we wouldn't catch such steady streams of flack. As the saying goes, when you are taking flack, you are over the target.
If we were no threat at any level, then people would save their political ammo. If Cruz was truly done, they wouldn't be working so hard to shove him into political obscurity.

Silly Bolsheviks.  :tongue2: It has been tried before. :chairbang:

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1089 on: July 23, 2016, 03:31:20 am »

The biggest lie there is the description of Politifact right under the title.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1090 on: July 23, 2016, 03:39:00 am »
Oh, he's everybody's #2 alright...

Well played.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #1091 on: July 23, 2016, 04:02:07 am »
+1

Ted and Trump will never work it out because Trump is a petulant man-child.

If Trump was at all savvy, he would have said, "I want to thank Ted Cruz for his ringing endorsement. The GOP voters know they can count on me to uphold all of the values Ted espoused in his beautiful and soaring speech. I reviewed Ted's speech ahead of time and knew that when Ted said, 'Vote your conscience," he was talking about voting for Trump/Pence in 2016. What else would he have been talking about?"

If he had done that, the whole thing would have blown over. Instead, the man-child comes out and starts immediately talking about Raphael and Oswald again.

Because he's small.

Because he's stupid.

(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #1092 on: July 23, 2016, 05:29:12 am »
http://therightscoop.com/heres-why-the-rnc-didnt-want-a-reset-of-the-convention-rules-it-was-about-ted-cruz/

The RNC worked hard to make sure the RNC convention rules weren’t reset at the convention on Monday, but their reasoning wasn’t about protecting Trump from possible threats against his nomination. Rather, it was about trying to keep Ted Cruz from becoming the nominee in 2020!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #1093 on: July 23, 2016, 05:56:22 am »
http://therightscoop.com/heres-why-the-rnc-didnt-want-a-reset-of-the-convention-rules-it-was-about-ted-cruz/

The RNC worked hard to make sure the RNC convention rules weren’t reset at the convention on Monday, but their reasoning wasn’t about protecting Trump from possible threats against his nomination. Rather, it was about trying to keep Ted Cruz from becoming the nominee in 2020!

It was actually more than that.

Couple it with the change last cycle to Rule 12, it consolidated power in the Establishment McConnell/Dole/Priebus oligarchy and effectively ended any grassroots efforts like the TEA Party from ever having the ability to direct or influence the direction of the party or loft their candidates that are not approved by the Establishment from being seated, ever again.

It's not that it effectively ended any ability for Cruz to win within the party itself, but ended any ability for us to nominate candidates that reflect our Conservative values that threaten the gravy train at Mordor on the Potomac.

Which is why, if you are a Conservative and you want to retain your principles - it's time to leave the GOP and start new and elsewhere. 

The GOP was simply and effectively taken over by the liberal Democrats.

It is a dead party.

They just don't know it yet.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #1094 on: July 23, 2016, 05:58:14 am »
So much for Trump's nonsense on crime:

The interesting thing about that graph is that it correlates with the baby boomer's coming of age and their most productive years. Since my summer trip  to Southeast Asia I have held many of my generation in low regard. It seems to me Trump is the final vestige of a failed generation..

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1095 on: July 23, 2016, 06:39:38 am »
The interesting thing about that graph is that it correlates with the baby boomer's coming of age and their most productive years.

That is an interesting premise.  I also am amazed how the Greatest Generation (Depression and WWII) was followed by the Worst Generation.

There are two points that stand out in your graph.  The first is the period where God was kicked out of schools and life was devalued with legalized abortion in the 60s and early 70s.  The second was when our governments began building more prisons in the early 80s.

http://sentencingproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Trends-in-US-Corrections.pdf

Liberals complain about the vast number of people incarcerated in the US.  But that is a prime reason for the decline in crime rates.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1096 on: July 23, 2016, 01:16:29 pm »

Yes, the GOPe isn't afraid of DT, in fact they're embracing him, but Cruz on the other hand: like a crucifix to a vampire!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1097 on: July 23, 2016, 05:55:07 pm »
Yes, the GOPe isn't afraid of DT, in fact they're embracing him, but Cruz on the other hand: like a crucifix to a vampire!
If Trump wasn't part of the GOP establishment, they just handed him the key to the executive washroom.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #1098 on: July 23, 2016, 09:13:02 pm »

Ted also said not to vote for Hillary.  Hopefully Ted and Trump can work it out.

@LonestarDream, what "it" is there to work out, exactly?  Trump attacked the man's wife and his father.  And just yesterday, he went off on Cruz AGAIN, even threatening to create a superpac to destroy him. 

Seriously, why do you think Cruz should or would want to "work it out" with this piece of slime?   To hell with him.

Silver Pines

« Reply #1099 on: July 23, 2016, 09:18:23 pm »
I am not and was not last night angry.  That you see me that way is because from the Never Trump view, people who are always angry, you think others are.

I was not angry last night, am not angry right now, in fact I am very happy.

The angry ones are the ones who spend 45 pages seeing who can make the most outrageous, angry statements about Trump.  Then rushing to agree with and try to out do the next angry outrageous statement about Trump by another poster.

In fact not only do I find it ridiculous but kind of humorous. 

:)

@billva 

I can only judge you here by the tone of your posts.  They, like the posts of other Trump supporters, are full of anger.  Nothing about them comes across as "happy."

Like I said earlier,I expect it's because we refuse to bend the knee to the gameshow godking.  But you'd best be getting used to that, because it isn't going to change, and stewing over it isn't good for you.