Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 78130 times)

Offline verga

Gratuitous homosexual acts have wrecked shows for me as well. Some are entirely unnecessary to the story line, but once that gets thrown in, the show stops in my house. Ick. Some things I will not bring into my living room.
Scy Fy had a great show on several years ago called "Lost Girl", Great story, compelling characters, solid dialogue. Then they started with the gratuitous homosexual and gratuitous sex stuff and that was it for us. We gave it like 3 episodes to get past it, but that was it. I don't even know if it is still on.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

geronl

Great visuals, amazing looking weapons, lets hjope they have a good story to sustain it.

The story is set a hundred years after a war between the Empire of Snow (Ice Tribe) and the Fire Tribe, where the Fire Tribe was defeated. However, the war was fatal, leaving Prince Ka Suo and his younger half-brother Ying Kong Shi the only royal heirs and pure-blood ice illusionists left in the Ice Tribe. Conflict ensues after Ka Suo reluctantly ascends to the throne as his lover, Li Luo, and his brother go missing.

Ka Suo also accidentally discovers an evil presence lurking in the Ice Tribe's holy shrine. He and his companions enter the mysterious shrine, and defeat head of the shrine, Lady Lian Ji, who is actually possessed by Yuan Ji, only to find out that all the chaos was triggered by him. Ka Suo also experiences hardships in trying to find his lover and brother, not knowing that his brother has lost all of his memories and has become the Fire Prince under his mother's command. A war between the two tribes commences once again, with the two brothers pitted against each other.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Smokin Joe  @geronl  @INVAR  @Emjay  @Hoodat

If yall are fans of the Bible,nudity and sex shouldn't bother you. The Bible is full of it. Pretty much everybody was  humping everybody in sight,including their own children. If you believe the Bible to be the literal truth,even God got in on the act by impregnating another man's wife.

Still,if it offends you it offends you,and you don't have to make any excuses or apologies if it does.

Howsumever,if you enjoy the historical aspects of GoT but not the nudity and humping,you might enjoy the History Channel show "Vikings". It is based on actual historical figures and tells the story of their lives and the events they participated in while alive,as well as their deaths in many cases. The "hero" of the show is a young Viking named Ragnar,and he was the Viking that originally discovered the British Isles,and made raiding them and Europe into an annual spring sport

Yes,there is some nudity and some implied humping,but nothing compared to the reality of the GoT.

Another thing it shares with the GoT is some pretty damn spectacular scenery.

The only thing is you need to accept this is a story about actual historical people,and actual people back then,especially Viking raiders/berserkers tended to die early.  The show will end when Ragnar ends. You can enjoy the ride while it lasts,or you can do a web search using his name and spoil it for yourself. It's one of those shows you want to go on forever,but it won't.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 12:00:35 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline MACVSOG68

@Smokin Joe  @geronl  @INVAR  @Emjay  @Hoodat

If yall are fans of the Bible,nudity and sex shouldn't bother you. The Bible is full of it. Pretty much everybody was  humping everybody in sight,including their own children. If you believe the Bible to be the literal truth,even God got in on the act by impregnating another man's wife.

Still,if it offends you it offends you,and you don't have to make any excuses or apologies if it does.

Howsumever,if you enjoy the historical aspects of GoT but not the nudity and humping,you might enjoy the History Channel show "Vikings". It is based on actual historical figures and tells the story of their lives and the events they participated in while alive,as well as their deaths in many cases. The "hero" of the show is a young Viking named Ragnar,and he was the Viking that originally discovered the British Isles,and made raiding them and Europe into an annual spring sport

Yes,there is some nudity and some implied humping,but nothing compared to the reality of the GoT.

Another thing it shares with the GoT is some pretty damn spectacular scenery.

The only thing is you need to accept this is a story about actual historical people,and actual people back then,especially Viking raiders/berserkers tended to die early.  The show will end when Ragnar ends. You can enjoy the ride while it lasts,or you can do a web search using his name and spoil it for yourself. It's one of those shows you want to go on forever,but it won't.

Agree with you on the Vikings series.  Well done and good characters with strong historical thread throughout.  I'm not sure it should end with the death of Ragnar, since historically Rollo becomes the first Norman with the lands of Normandy gifted to him by the King of Francia.  He was an ancestor of William the Conqueror.  If books are your thing, the Bernard Cornwell series "Saxon Tales" is also great.  It's a ten book  series and the hero is Saxon Uhtred raised by Vikings (Ragnar), and becomes involved in the wars between the Danes and Saxons, the most historically notable being Alfred the Great.  The books are long but move along well, with great character development, historically accurate except for the fictional characters added to keep the story flowing.  It takes you from the initial conquering of Britain by the Vikings through the slow unification of England.  Lots of action and great storylines.

But God forbid we should hijack this otherwise substantive and meaningful "discussion" among friends for such historical drivel... :laugh:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline aligncare

Agree with you on the Vikings series.  Well done and good characters with strong historical thread throughout.  I'm not sure it should end with the death of Ragnar, since historically Rollo becomes the first Norman with the lands of Normandy gifted to him by the King of Francia.  He was an ancestor of William the Conqueror.  If books are your thing, the Bernard Cornwell series "Saxon Tales" is also great.  It's a ten book  series and the hero is Saxon Uhtred raised by Vikings (Ragnar), and becomes involved in the wars between the Danes and Saxons, the most historically notable being Alfred the Great.  The books are long but move along well, with great character development, historically accurate except for the fictional characters added to keep the story flowing.  It takes you from the initial conquering of Britain by the Vikings through the slow unification of England.  Lots of action and great storylines.

But God forbid we should hijack this otherwise substantive and meaningful "discussion" among friends for such historical drivel... :laugh:

^-^

Just finished watching The Last Kingdom on Netflix. Awesome. Interesting historical figure, this Uhtred.

Can't wait till they bring in season 2.

I love the history of the Britons.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
r

MUCHO thanks for the books tip.  I will be looking for them the instant I after I post this,and I hope you are right about the series continuing. My only question is "where are they going to find more actors THAT freaking good to keep the story going?" One thing is for certain,they ain't going to coming out of Hollywood action movies.

"But God forbid we should hijack this otherwise substantive and meaningful "discussion" among friends for such historical drivel... :laugh:"

I sure hope not!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 01:06:23 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
^-^

Just finished watching The Last Kingdom on Netflix. Awesome. Interesting historical figure, this Uhtred.

@aligncare

Thanks for the tip. I LOVE historical stuff,and will be going to my Netflix account to save that one,also.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@aligncare  @MACVSOG68

BTW,to come full circle by using history to bring the thread back to Donald Little Hands,I am reading a fiction novel now with a VERY large grain of truth spoken by one of the lead characters. It starts with a discussion of NYC and how the political leadership there only cares about themselves and NYC,and to hell with the rest of America. One of the lead characters says something along the line of :

"Why is anybody surprised about this? New York City has always been anti-American.

They were on the British side during the Revolutionary War.

They didn't want to fight in the Civil War.

They were with the Soviets starting in the 1920's.

They were on the side of the Nazi's during WW-2,with half the Irishmen living and working around the docks informing the Nazi's of shipping times and cargoes.

They sided with the communists against the US in both Korea and Vietnam."

There were several other factual historical points mentioned,but I don't have access to the book at this moment for a direct quote.

The focal point being that Donald Little Hands is a life-long denizen of NYC.

How's THAT for bringing a thread back on point?

Offline MACVSOG68

^-^

Yes, The Last Kingdom is great and I am also waiting for another season.  It is of course based on the Cornwell series I mentioned above.  While Uhtred is fictional, many of the names around him are real historical figures.  The first season takes you through the first two books in the series.  Also recommend "Agincourt" by Cornwell, as a great insight into Henry V through a fictional hero and one of the great one-sided historical battles in the numerous wars between Britain and France.

@sneakypete

Offline MACVSOG68

@aligncare  @MACVSOG68

BTW,to come full circle by using history to bring the thread back to Donald Little Hands,I am reading a fiction novel now with a VERY large grain of truth spoken by one of the lead characters. It starts with a discussion of NYC and how the political leadership there only cares about themselves and NYC,and to hell with the rest of America. One of the lead characters says something along the line of :

"Why is anybody surprised about this? New York City has always been anti-American.

They were on the side of the Nazi's during WW-2,with half the Irishmen living and working around the docks informing the Nazi's of shipping times and cargoes.

There were several other factual historical points mentioned,but I don't have access to the book at this moment for a direct quote.

LOL.  I'll leave a response to any New Yorkers here.  Never had a desire to live there.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
already posted, but for the record here is what Ted was doing Friday...

To loud and prolonged cheers,

Ted Cruz' moment at the GOP convention will equated to Daniel in the Lion's Den.

He will be considered a hero.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline wolfcreek

Its a 5000 person membership organization. You apply, a current member recommends you in writing, two or three others attest to your character and you're in.

Its not exactly the Bilderburg Group.

Sounds more like Masonic Lodge.

Offline wolfcreek

The argument is ridiculous.  Trump has many investments overseas.  He has ties to Soros.  Hr has ties to the middle east.  He has ties to the Clintonstate.  It doesn't get any more globalist than Trump.

Trump said, "No one knows the system better than me" After saying the system was corrupt.

Who better to fix the corrupt system?

Offline wolfcreek

Herr Drumpf has said we do not matter.

You haff called Herr Drumpf a liar!  Report to the nearest train station, as your political life is over.

Then go back to your corner and cry with Ted about how hurt your feelings are. This is politics not tiddly winks

Offline wolfcreek

How about that other story about Cruz's dad helping Oswald.     

Isn't the enquirer run out of South Florida.   Same place Trump has interests.  Same place epstein is from. Same as Matt Drudge.

They probably had meetings to plan this media frenzy

Have you read that story? It's somewhat compelling.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Trump said, "No one knows the system better than me" After saying the system was corrupt.

Trump has NEVER prioritized anything ahead of himself.  What makes you think he'll fix something that benefits him?

His word? :silly:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 02:43:05 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline wolfcreek

I actually hope the Donald wins.  It'll be a twofer of fun for me.  First, the rats cry for a while that Hillary will always be a bridesmaid and never the bride.  It's always a good thing to watch rats cry.  Then by the time they realize that it's all good and that the Donald is one of them, those of the tRump supporters who still have 2 brain cells left, will begin to realize they've been had.  That's what I'm going to truly enjoy.  It'll be like Christmas.  I see many more bannings at FR in the future.  The infighting will be delightful.

I just will not be a party to electing either someone I consider to be nuts, tRump or a criminal, Hillary.

Of course, as old, fat and crazy as the Donald is, chances of him stroking out are high, and then we would have Pence.  So things could work out in the end. :whistle:
I don't disagree with much of what you say. Keeping Hillary at bay was my chief objective.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Anyone who thinks that Donny is going to fix any part of the corruption in DC...some of which he has funded and helped him get to where he is no...is certifiably delusional. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Scy Fy had a great show on several years ago called "Lost Girl", Great story, compelling characters, solid dialogue. Then they started with the gratuitous homosexual and gratuitous sex stuff and that was it for us. We gave it like 3 episodes to get past it, but that was it. I don't even know if it is still on.
Fear the Walking Dead bit the bullet in one liplock. The guys could have just been bros from some past shared adversity(military, bikers, survival situation), and that would have worked just fine in the script, but no, they took it in the other direction. I stopped watching then and there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

@sneakypete

Guys, I'm no prude. I am, however a little picky about what I allow to be funneled into my living room.
I fully understand that sex has been going on a long time, that raping, pillaging, and burning were well ensconced cultural norms for those powerful enough and so inclined to engage in such (or who were the victims thereof), despite the power of the Church, which on occasion harbored those who engaged in such acts. Power corrupts, and it always has, with rare exception.
Those stories can be told effectively without going all Sam Peckinpaugh or John Holmes across my medium screen (it isn't the really big one). They can be told without going all 'pride parade' on it, too, because if they do, they won't be on my screen.

When I was in EMS, I saw enough bloody messes, thanks. The thought that that could become commonplace again with the desensitization of a culture ill equipped morally to deal with that is one of the reasons I don't, as a rule, support the might 'makes right anything goes blood and guts' shows.

Historically accurate? Yep, most likely, in spirit, if not in absolute fact. That was the reason for the Magna Carta, and eventually, our own Constitution and Bill of Rights. That is the quagmire from which Western Civilization rose, watered in blood and fertilized by the carcasses of the slain. Going back to that might be good entertainment if that historical fiction is presented in that context, but we are getting away from that context as we are getting away from the Chivalrous concepts that sprang from it, even as we get away, culturally, from the concepts of equal unalienable rights and the sanctity of life, ironically most propelled by those who demand both.

It's one thing putting zombies out of your misery, but treating other humans as such on a regular basis without qualm is a dangerous place for a culture's head to go. Unfortunately, our culture is going there, and taking with it the concept that might makes right, not just that being right makes right, and might safeguards that. The subtly implanted concept that it is acceptable or preferable to use force without a moral compass nor constraint (other than opposing force) for the sake of spoils is all we need to destroy Western Civilization and take culture back down that dark road from which it emerged.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

@aligncare  @MACVSOG68

NYC Lawmakers Gearing Up to Give 1 Million Non-Citizens Voting Rightshttp://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/06/nyc-lawmakers-gearing-up-to-give-1-million-non-citizens-voting-rights/

There are more non-citizens in NYC than there are people in many western states. Approximately 1/8 of the population of the city proper.

Why is anybody surprised about this? New York City has always been anti-American.

Why, indeed?

(BTW, @sneakypete, nicely played.)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 04:26:35 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline verga

The story is set a hundred years after a war between the Empire of Snow (Ice Tribe) and the Fire Tribe, where the Fire Tribe was defeated. However, the war was fatal, leaving Prince Ka Suo and his younger half-brother Ying Kong Shi the only royal heirs and pure-blood ice illusionists left in the Ice Tribe. Conflict ensues after Ka Suo reluctantly ascends to the throne as his lover, Li Luo, and his brother go missing.

Ka Suo also accidentally discovers an evil presence lurking in the Ice Tribe's holy shrine. He and his companions enter the mysterious shrine, and defeat head of the shrine, Lady Lian Ji, who is actually possessed by Yuan Ji, only to find out that all the chaos was triggered by him. Ka Suo also experiences hardships in trying to find his lover and brother, not knowing that his brother has lost all of his memories and has become the Fire Prince under his mother's command. A war between the two tribes commences once again, with the two brothers pitted against each other.
:thumbsup3:
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Fear the Walking Dead bit the bullet in one liplock. The guys could have just been bros from some past shared adversity(military, bikers, survival situation), and that would have worked just fine in the script, but no, they took it in the other direction. I stopped watching then and there.

Just about all production companies/authors end up doing this because they want to attract more viewers/readers. I don't like it either because I (usually) fail to see what purpose it serves other than to attract homosexual viewers/buyers for their advertisers,but I guess there could be some story lines where it would make sense. Haven't seen one yet,though.

BTW,there is also a lot of talk about homosexuality in the Bible. Nobody seems to care about that that isn't a homosexual because it is all negative/gonna burn in hell,boy! stuff.

BTW,you will notice that when there is a homosexual couple inserted into a popular show,it's two babes. Seems like most guys like that idea,and most women don't seem to find it horribly offensive,either

One really big exception is the sitcom Modern Family. One branch of the family is two married guys. One is an actual homosexual in real life,and the other one is heterosexual and married in real life,and he plays the most stereotypical hysterical fairy you have ever seen. The actual homosexual is very reserved. They make a LOT of fun of stereotypical homosexuals that have names like LeJohn,shop at all the trendy stores,are food snobs,etc,etc,etc. Pretty funny stuff.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 04:45:17 pm by sneakypete »

Offline verga

Well using your logic, after you all get Hildabeast elected, Bill can be in charge of the interns. Another example of a Trumplestilskin writing before thinking.

Offline MACVSOG68

@sneakypete

Guys, I'm no prude. I am, however a little picky about what I allow to be funneled into my living room.
I fully understand that sex has been going on a long time, that raping, pillaging, and burning were well ensconced cultural norms for those powerful enough and so inclined to engage in such (or who were the victims thereof), despite the power of the Church, which on occasion harbored those who engaged in such acts. Power corrupts, and it always has, with rare exception.
Those stories can be told effectively without going all Sam Peckinpaugh or John Holmes across my medium screen (it isn't the really big one). They can be told without going all 'pride parade' on it, too, because if they do, they won't be on my screen.

When I was in EMS, I saw enough bloody messes, thanks. The thought that that could become commonplace again with the desensitization of a culture ill equipped morally to deal with that is one of the reasons I don't, as a rule, support the might 'makes right anything goes blood and guts' shows.

Historically accurate? Yep, most likely, in spirit, if not in absolute fact. That was the reason for the Magna Carta, and eventually, our own Constitution and Bill of Rights. That is the quagmire from which Western Civilization rose, watered in blood and fertilized by the carcasses of the slain. Going back to that might be good entertainment if that historical fiction is presented in that context, but we are getting away from that context as we are getting away from the Chivalrous concepts that sprang from it, even as we get away, culturally, from the concepts of equal unalienable rights and the sanctity of life, ironically most propelled by those who demand both.

It's one thing putting zombies out of your misery, but treating other humans as such on a regular basis without qualm is a dangerous place for a culture's head to go. Unfortunately, our culture is going there, and taking with it the concept that might makes right, not just that being right makes right, and might safeguards that. The subtly implanted concept that it is acceptable or preferable to use force without a moral compass nor constraint (other than opposing force) for the sake of spoils is all we need to destroy Western Civilization and take culture back down that dark road from which it emerged.

It's the nice thing about such books, television and big screen...we have freedom of choice.  As for historical accuracy, these are historical novels which means creating some characters in the context of an historical era.  If one leaves out the violence of those eras in retelling the stories, one has certainly drifted further from the history of the times.  But to be sure, they are not for the whole family.  We can go much further down the timeline to the 1500s and watch The Tudors, which is quite accurate and see some of the same violence perpetrated in the name of Christianity and its various changing themes.  I sometimes wonder, when we talk about our Judeo-Christian heritage and ethics, which of those violent periods contributed to them?  Centennial was a nice series with historical perspective, and I would recommend it for the whole family.  But one should not confuse it with a real history of Colorado and those early times.