Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 78075 times)

Offline Just_Victor

Yeah, at some point Trump supporters really should stop with the lies.

It's all they have left.  They abandoned everything else in order to support their candidate.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Mechanicos

Here is the speech:

https://reaganlibrary.archives.gov/archives/reference/8.19.76.html

Would you please point out the words of his endorsement?
Its already been posted, do your own dam homework.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Poser

There are a lot of reasons other than a presidential candidate that occur to go to a convention, like meeting with supporters, party platform.

You imply nominating a presidential candidate is that is all that there is.  wrong.

OK. That's valid. If he attended, he should have kept his mouth shut.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher

No....bull shit.  Answer the f'n question.  There is reason you have no credibility here.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

Then we agree.  Reagan did NOT endorse Ford at the convention.  And for everyone else, read his full speech here:

https://reaganlibrary.archives.gov/archives/reference/8.19.76.html
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
  Butt... He could have kept his mouth shut and showed some class. He chose not to.

What?  Would you have had him NOT congratulate Donald Trump?  I suppose that was classless too.  What was classless about encouraging those who were considering staying home on election day to get out there and vote?  Mr Cruz spoke to his supporters.  He did a fine job and was the epitome of class. 

Offline Poser

No....bull shit.  Answer the f'n question.  There is reason you have no credibility here.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/07/21/ted-cruz-did-not-endorse-donald-trump-but-ronald-reagan-supported-gerald-ford-to-win/

I posted the quotes near the bottom of the last page.

Offline bilo

It would be so easy for Trump to turn Cruz's speech into a plus for himself tomorrow, and win many of Cruz's supporters votes as well.

He could be respectful, he could restore his relationship with Cruz, he could embrace the values Cruz spoke of and claim he hoped we would all see him as the candidate to carry them forward.

I would be pleasantly surprised if he did. But I'm pretty certain he won't. Trump just doesn't have it in him.

You know if Trump did something like that I would have to re-evaluate not voting for Trump. You're right though, Trump would never take the high road and admit his mistakes.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Hoodat

No. I don't admire his actions. Rather, I admire the actions of Ronald Reagan when faced with the same situation.

Cruz did exactly as Reagan did in 1976.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

:facepalm2:   Ah, the whole purpose of a political convention is to tell people in your party who to vote for.

Wrong.

It is to establish a party platform and nominate candidates who espouse that platform.

In this country, no one 'tells' someone who to vote for.

When I lived in the UK, one voted a party, not anything else, and the party selected the candidates who would run for office.  There was not even a geographic element to it.

That just is not the way it is done here.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/07/21/ted-cruz-did-not-endorse-donald-trump-but-ronald-reagan-supported-gerald-ford-to-win/

I posted the quotes near the bottom of the last page.

That article points out the lack of actual endorsement by Reagan and the conflicting opinions that try to read an endorsement out of support for the party.  Like Cruz showed support stating "vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom, and to be faithful to the constitution".

It is strange that some Trump supporters think that language excludes Donald Trump.

Offline Mechanicos

Reality check. Since I keep getting proven right and the Antis keep getting proven wrong the fact is I do have more credibility then the Anti's here. Kinda hard to claim you are credible with a 100 percent record of being wrong.

Now the issue is did Reagan support Ford to win? And the answer is yes. And your sources have lied to you by twisting the issue from support to endorse. Just like the issue last night was never about Cruz endorsing Trump, it was about supporting him like Reagan did with Ford - and his speech he provided beforehand said he was going to do.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Mechanicos

That article points out the lack of actual endorsement by Reagan and the conflicting opinions that try to read an endorsement out of support for the party.  Like Cruz showed support stating "vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom, and to be faithful to the constitution".

It is strange that some Trump supporters think that language excludes Donald Trump.
Its dishonest to make the issue endorsement when the issue, even in the pledge was about SUPPORT. If you have to lie to make you point you have no point.

Offline Poser

Saying "vote your conscience" is in no way similar to, "We must go forth from here united, determined that what a great general said a few years ago is true: There is no substitute for victory, Mr. President.”

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
OK. That's valid. If he attended, he should have kept his mouth shut.

Until mean he should a kept his mouth shut after being asked to speak?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.

Reagan called for unity.  Cruz called for unity.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Reality check. Since I keep getting proven right and the Antis keep getting proven wrong the fact is I do have more credibility then the Anti's here. Kinda hard to claim you are credible with a 100 percent record of being wrong.

Now the issue is did Reagan support Ford to win? And the answer is yes. And your sources have lied to you by twisting the issue from support to endorse. Just like the issue last night was never about Cruz endorsing Trump, it was about supporting him like Reagan did with Ford - and his speech he provided beforehand said he was going to do.

Everyone is tired of your obfuscating bull shit.  Answer the damn question.  Where exactly in Reagan's speech did he endorse Ford?

How hard is it to do that?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 03:43:47 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

You post the speech transcript, they post opinion editorials.

'Nuff said.

Offline bilo

God Bless Ted Cruz

Cruz 2020

You bet!

I really began to follow politics and formed my beliefs when Ronald Reagan ran for POTUS against Carter. I remember all the criticism of him in the media. He actually believed in things like individual liberty, limited govt., strong defense, and right vs. wrong. The GOPe hated him for it. They hated him once he was elected because he actually wanted to do what he said he would do. Sen Cruz is receiving the same treatment that Reagan did in his pre POTUS years. Sen Cruz will be vindicated.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Hoodat

You know if Trump did something like that I would have to re-evaluate not voting for Trump. You're right though, Trump would never take the high road and admit his mistakes.

If Trump did ANYTHING Conservative, I would gladly re-evaluate.  But it's been over a year now, and I'm still waiting.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline GrouchoTex

May I politely request, that those who are so inclined, go and read the entire transcripts of both Reagan's 1976 speech and Cruz's 2016 speech?
They are both quite good, if you take away the theatrics that both were originally surrounded by.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Everyone is tire of your obfuscating bull shit.  Answer the damn question.  Where exactly in Reagan's speech did he endorse Ford?

How hard is it to do that?

The ignore feature has worked wonders for my blood pressure.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline thackney

Its dishonest to make the issue endorsement when the issue, even in the pledge was about SUPPORT. If you have to lie to make you point you have no point.

Ted Cruz's actual words:

...And, if we stand together and choose freedom, our future will be brighter. Freedom will bring back jobs and raise wages. Freedom will lift people out of dependency to the dignity of work. 

We can do this. Forty-Seven years ago to this day, America put the very first man on the moon. 

That was the power of freedom. Our party, the Republican party, was founded to defeat slavery...

...We will unite the party; we will unite the country by standing together for shared values by standing for liberty....

Are claiming that is not support?  At the Republican Party Convention talking about standing together and uniting the party?

As for the pledge, you mean the pledge that Trump rescinded???

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/30/trump-rescinds-pledge-to-back-republican-nominee-cruz-kasich-refuse-to-commit-support.html

Offline Hoodat

You bet!

I really began to follow politics and formed my beliefs when Ronald Reagan ran for POTUS against Carter. I remember all the criticism of him in the media. He actually believed in things like individual liberty, limited govt., strong defense, and right vs. wrong. The GOPe hated him for it. They hated him once he was elected because he actually wanted to do what he said he would do. Sen Cruz is receiving the same treatment that Reagan did in his pre POTUS years. Sen Cruz will be vindicated.

It's no coincidence that Trump hired the last guy to beat Reagan - Paul Manafort.