Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 78115 times)

Offline sinkspur

Allahpundit ‏@allahpundit  23m23 minutes ago
Raucous boos for the idea of following your conscience is as perfect a snapshot of this political moment as I can imagine
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline wolfcreek

The Trump campaign approved the speech, then planned the boos. 

He had no obligation to endorse Trump.  That pledge was stupid and anybody who thinks Trump would have supported it is smoking something.  Everybody KNEW Cruz wasn't going to endorse, so all this angst is really funny to me.

I think Cruz did help himself.  And Trump won't be able to resist trashing Cruz tomorrow night, which is exactly the reaction Cruz likely wants.

Wow, Ted Cruz got booed off the stage, didn't honor the pledge! I saw his speech two hours early but let him speak anyway. No big deal!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 21, 2016

Not exactly 'approved'

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Tell us about your existence, Geron? Let's make a judgement on whether you're white trash or not.

Remember; it takes one to know one.

Come on, don't be shy.
Actually, one doesn't have to be white trash to know it when one sees it. As a rule, the more real class one has, the more obvious it is. Being white trash has nothing to do with money, although we used to call the moneyed white trash 'nouveau riche'.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline wolfcreek

Nah.  If Trump loses, Cruz will look like the guy who took the keys away from a drunk driver.

In the neverTrump, pro-Hillary faction of the party...sure it will.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If posting it is moronic it must appeal to the bullying cry baby Cruz dis-loyalists. Sure, post whatever one wants. Everyone has seen them.

@TomSea

Again, I'm loyal to the party,..

It's good to see somebody so honest they accept and admit their limitations when it comes to doing hard stuff like thinking,and are happy to let people like the international bankers do it for them.

The question is "WHY are you posting someone else's opinions here? You need to get your handler within the Party to explain to you that sites like this are for expressing YOUR OWN opinion,not one that is issued to you.

Have you ever heard of a web site named Free Republic? I think you would be VERY happy posting there. They are all about Group Think and playing "Follow the Leader" over there.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Mod1

Do not engage in namecalling, please. No more "stupid" or "white trash" remarks directed at other posters.

Online Smokin Joe

If that's how you want to play it, then go on, lose your damn election.   You'd rather lose,  wouldn't you?   

Cruz gave a terrific speech about what animates conservatives,  making clear the stakes, and urging everyone to vote. 

But you'd rather defend your Donald's precious ego.   Use your head for something other than a hatrack.   Cruz's speech can and should have unified the party - but the Trumpsters just won't let it. 

Go on the Trumpster live thread from yesterday if you don't believe me.  The Trumpsters were loving Cruz's speech - he didn't say ONE CRITICAL WORD about the nominee - but then the posts changed on a dime when it became clear that Cruz wouldn't do the one little act of fealty you all insisted on.    He said Vote your Conscience, not Vote for Trump.

Trump's supporters are fools.   All they've got is their anger, and even in victory they won't let it go.   
If they lose, and they will, they will blame those of us they have attacked right along with the candidate they attacked. They won't own the demise of the party they will have badgered others out of, they will not take the credit for its destruction, because it is not in their nature to admit getting anything wrong. Just like having to dig for the information on their candidate's business dealings which have had less than stellar outcomes, they will bury their failures behind a wall of finger pointing and fury.

We have not yet begun to fight.

#nevertrump/#neverhillary

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline wolfcreek

Actually, one doesn't have to be white trash to know it when one sees it. As a rule, the more real class one has, the more obvious it is. Being white trash has nothing to do with money, although we used to call the moneyed white trash 'nouveau riche'.

I would save that title for the Clinton but, I wouldn't want to offend their supporters.  :whistle:

Online Lando Lincoln

Back on topic...

Cruz' speech of last night will grow larger over time. It will not diminish him.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Smokin Joe

In the neverTrump, pro-Hillary faction of the party...sure it will.
Equating nevertrump with pro Hillary has been so seriously debunked around here, so often,  I feel quite comfortable in calling you a LIAR. That you persist in posting it makes you a TROLL as well.

Have a nice day.

C S Lewis

Offline oldmomster

If that's how you want to play it, then go on, lose your damn election.   You'd rather lose,  wouldn't you?   

so lies don't count?  I'd rather lose, how?  by voting for Kasich?  oh wait, he's NOT the nominee.  by voting for Cruz?  oh wait, he's not the nominee either.  So there's nothing here about Trump's ego - its all about making a campaign pledge and within a couple months, breaking it in front of the country. 

At least Kasich didn't show up at all, which is a more honorable stance.  Cruz showing up and then NOT supporting Trump was like showing up at a party, and then spitting on the cake.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trumpquats are the sorest "winners" in history.

Their candidate is a liar without equal
He flip flops on every issue
He has NO principles
He is friends and pals with the Clintons

So bitter, so envious of those who have real conservative principles

@geronl

He sees lying as an acceptable business tactic,and a useful tool in life. He has NO morals whatsoever because he is a narcissistic sociopath which means that EVERYTHING he does is honorable and above board because it benefits HIM.  This whole thing is nothing more than one YUGE ego trip for somebody who thought the world only existed to please him to start with.

Just wait until he decides the time is right to drop out late in the race and spend the rest of his life bragging about how "I COULD have been the President of the United States if I had wanted,but I decided to drop out because the job was beneath me."

Offline Just_Victor

I would save that title for the Clinton but, I wouldn't want to offend their supporters.  :whistle:

Clinton supporters?

You mean like the entire registered democRAT Trump family?

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Mechanicos

Do not engage in namecalling, please. No more "stupid" or "white trash" remarks directed at other posters.
How is the term "white trash" not a racist term?
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

Back on topic...

Cruz' speech of last night will grow larger over time. It will not diminish him.

I agree, especially after Trump's remarks about not honoring NATO commitments.  The man is a despot who wants to diminish America.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Smokin Joe

Once again you are implying that those who do not support Trump are Clinton supporters.

By virtue of supporting Trump his supporters have guaranteed that Clinton will, barring divine intervention or unforseen circumstance, be the next POTUS.
I would simply state that by doing so, you are the real Clinton supporters. You have set her up for victory.

If you don't like that characterization, quit equating nevertrump with pro-Hillary. Otherwise, you may see it a lot.   

C S Lewis

Offline wolfcreek

Equating nevertrump with pro Hillary has been so seriously debunked around here, so often,  I feel quite comfortable in calling you a LIAR. That you persist in posting it makes you a TROLL as well.

Have a nice day.

It hasn't been debunked on the national stage where it counts.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/07/14/chris_christie_jeb_bush_not_voting_for_trump_is_absolutely_helping_hillary_win.html

You feel comfortable all you want. You are lying to yourselves.

Offline wolfcreek

Once again you are implying that those who do not support Trump are Clinton supporters.

By virtue of supporting Trump his supporters have guaranteed that Clinton will, barring divine intervention or unforseen circumstance, be the next POTUS.
I would simply state that by doing so, you are the real Clinton supporters. You have set her up for victory.

If you don't like that characterization, quit equating nevertrump with pro-Hillary. Otherwise, you may see it a lot.

I'm not 'implying' anything. I'm telling you straight to your face.

You have a warped sense of reality or a bad case of CYA.

Offline Just_Victor

@geronl

He sees lying as an acceptable business tactic,and a useful tool in life. He has NO morals whatsoever because he is a narcissistic sociopath which means that EVERYTHING he does is honorable and above board because it benefits HIM.  This whole thing is nothing more than one YUGE ego trip for somebody who thought the world only existed to please him to start with.

Just wait until he decides the time is right to drop out late in the race and spend the rest of his life bragging about how "I COULD have been the President of the United States if I had wanted,but I decided to drop out because the job was beneath me."

The way I see it, Trump has a single lifelong principle.  "How does this benefit me (Donald Trump)?"

It's not a unique approach to life.  It's sadly common among self absorbed celebrities these days.  But then it's no surprise since Trump is just the latest Kardashian/Hilton/today's-train-wreck-of-a-life celebrity to his the scene.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Online Smokin Joe

How is the term "white trash" not a racist term?
If you are white, "white trash" isn't racist. Just like if you are black, you can say "ni**er". Culturally, the two stations in life were considered equivalent at one time. Respectable blacks used the equivalent term to describe those of low character within their racial subset, just as whites used "white trash".

C S Lewis

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Back on topic...

Cruz emerges with his integrity intact. Trump clearly does not want Ted's endorsement because that would require apologizing for his outrageous attacks in the primary.

Offline oldmomster

Cruz emerges with his integrity intact. Trump clearly does not want Ted's endorsement because that would require apologizing for his outrageous attacks in the primary.

so there was a 'but' or 'depending on' or 'only if' at the end of his pledge?   funny, I don't hear it here....

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/07/flashback-ted-cruz-promises-national-tv-endorse-donald-trump-video/

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

Cruz gave a terrific speech about what animates conservatives,  making clear the stakes, and urging everyone to vote. 

Use your head for something other than a hatrack.   

"Use your head for something other than a hatrack", is my 91 year old dad's favorite saying!! It certainly fits when describing (all, some, most) the Trump supporters.  You're right about the cheering too.  They were loving the speech ... until the very end.  I can't think of any one thing more important that each person in this country "voting their conscience!"  If a candidate is opposed to that, we should turn our back on him and RUN as fast as we can.  Donald Trump is the closest I have seen to someone like that in my lifetime.

Online Smokin Joe

I'm not 'implying' anything. I'm telling you straight to your face.

You have a warped sense of reality or a bad case of CYA.
I'm for the Constitution Party candidate, Castle.

Those who insisted on Trump will get the Hillary they voted for. YOU are the ultimate Hillary supporters. YOU voted for the guy with the most negatives of 17 candidates who polled the worst against Hillary in a head to head matchup, so don't blame us for your actions. YOU took out the competition and paved her road to the White House by supporting Trump. Own it. Be more of an adult than your candidate.

I'm voting my conscience, up and down the ticket, and that includes neither Hillary nor Trump. :tongue2:

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's all about damage control at this point with the hope that what remains of the republic survives until January 2021.

@Hank Rearden

By then Trump will have done the job he was hired to do,and destroyed the alleged Republican Party for good. There will be no elections after this one because there will only be one party. I guess that technically there will be elections but they will be like the "open and fair elections" held in Soviet Russia. The Ruling Party will give you a choice of candidates. One will be the anointed party favorite,and the other will be the designated loser whose job it is to make the farce seem real. Kinda like this election,but more obvious because by then they will be flaunting their power and corruption,not still  hiding it.