Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 78097 times)

Offline ScottinVA

Reagan endorsed Ford in 1976 and won Potus in 1980.

No.. he did not.  Reagan calle for unity, but did not endorse Ford.

There was no more endorsement of Ford in Reagan's speech than there was of Trump in Cruz' remarks last night.

----

Thank you very much. Mr. President, Mrs. Ford, Mr. Vice President, Mr. Vice President to be — the distinguished guests here, and you ladies and gentlemen: I am going to say fellow Republicans here, but also those who are watching from a distance, all of those millions of Democrats and Independents who I know are looking for a cause around which to rally and which I believe we can give them.

Mr. President, before you arrived tonight, these wonderful people here when we came in gave Nancy and myself a welcome. That, plus this, and plus your kindness and generosity in honoring us by bringing us down here will give us a memory that will live in our hearts forever.

Watching on television these last few nights, and I have seen you also with the warmth that you greeted Nancy, and you also filled my heart with joy when you did that.

May I just say some words. There are cynics who say that a party platform is something that no one bothers to read and it doesn’t very often amount to much.

Whether it is different this time than it has ever been before, I believe the Republican Party has a platform that is a banner of bold, unmistakable colors, with no pastel shades.

We have just heard a call to arms based on that platform, and a call to us to really be successful in communicating and reveal to the American people the difference between this platform and the platform of the opposing party, which is nothing but a revamp and a reissue and a running of a late, late show of the thing that we have been hearing from them for the last 40 years.

If I could just take a moment; I had an assignment the other day. Someone asked me to write a letter for a time capsule that is going to be opened in Los Angeles a hundred years from now, on our Tricentennial.

It sounded like an easy assignment. They suggested I write something about the problems and the issues today. I set out to do so, riding down the coast in an automobile, looking at the blue Pacific out on one side and the Santa Ynez Mountains on the other, and I couldn’t help but wonder if it was going to be that beautiful a hundred years from now as it was on that summer day.

Then as I tried to write — let your own minds turn to that task. You are going to write for people a hundred years from now, who know all about us. We know nothing about them. We don’t know what kind of a world they will be living in.

And suddenly I thought to myself if I write of the problems, they will be the domestic problems the President spoke of here tonight; the challenges confronting us, the erosion of freedom that has taken place under Democratic rule in this country, the invasion of private rights, the controls and restrictions on the vitality of the great free economy that we enjoy. These are our challenges that we must meet.

And then again there is that challenge of which he spoke that we live in a world in which the great powers have poised and aimed at each other horrible missiles of destruction, nuclear weapons that can in a matter of minutes arrive at each other’s country and destroy, virtually, the civilized world we live in.

And suddenly it dawned on me, those who would read this letter a hundred years from now will know whether those missiles were fired. They will know whether we met our challenge. Whether they have the freedoms that we have known up until now will depend on what we do here.

Will they look back with appreciation and say, “Thank God for those people in 1976 who headed off that loss of freedom, who kept us now 100 years later free, who kept our world from nuclear destruction”?

And if we failed, they probably won’t get to read the letter at all because it spoke of individual freedom, and they won’t be allowed to talk of that or read of it.

This is our challenge; and this is why here in this hall tonight, better than we have ever done before, we have got to quit talking to each other and about each other and go out and communicate to the world that we may be fewer in numbers than we have ever been, but we carry the message they are waiting for.

We must go forth from here united, determined that what a great general said a few years ago is true: There is no substitute for victory, Mr. President.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 09:38:50 am by ScottinVA »

Online DB

Oh, yes, Cruz really stood up against Trump.

Here's your bud standing up to Hillary - his mortal enemy and all... Since pictures seem to mean so much to you...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 09:28:43 am by DB »

Offline ScottinVA

One can say Cruz doesn't even compare to Mike Pence per an accomplished career and following the constitution at that.

Against a successful governor such as Pence, NO senator or congressman can.

Online DB

If posting it is moronic it must appeal to the bullying cry baby Cruz dis-loyalists. Sure, post whatever one wants. Everyone has seen them.

Again, I'm loyal to the party, if the 25% of Cruz red meat supporters and I'm one myself can ever stay away from false remarks, I'd call it a personal attack since it is a lie to say "my guy". I've had it with Anti-Romneyites and Anti-Trumpites.

Perhaps you should try being loyal to at least some principles over party. And this is for you:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Post all one wants, ad hom Cruz rabid dogs are doing so all day, using languages like "suck ass" though Cruz was out on the campaign trail with Trump; I didn't see the Clintons on the campaign trail with Trump.  Cruz associated with Trump so at the least, this seems to say Cruz has bad judgement too, in such manners. Yes, there is a difference.

geronl

One can say Cruz doesn't even compare to Mike Pence per an accomplished career and following the constitution at that.

Are you drunk?

Online DB

I'd call it a personal attack since it is a lie to say "my guy".

Classic.

geronl

Trumpquats are the sorest "winners" in history.

Their candidate is a liar without equal
He flip flops on every issue
He has NO principles
He is friends and pals with the Clintons

So bitter, so envious of those who have real conservative principles

Online Hoodat

Cruz wasn't a expletive deleted?? Good one. He was one from the beginning.

He was buddy buddy with Trump for the longest time though Trump is said to be liberal, Cruz allowed the perception the two were very similar.

As long as we're posting pics .  .  .

Shall I pull up the quotes where Trump remarked on what a good job Hillary was doing as Secretary of State?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DB

As long as we're posting pics .  .  .

Dang, yours is bigger than mine...

Online Hoodat

No.. he did not.  Reagan calle for unity, but did not endorse Ford.

There was no more endorsement of Ford in Reagan's speech than there was of Trump in Cruz' remarks last night.

----
.  .  .  .

Ted Cruz showed as much class as Reagan did in 1976.  I give it a month before Trump supporters begin bashing Reagan just to defend Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

geronl

Ted Cruz showed as much class as Reagan did in 1976.  I give it a month before Trump supporters begin bashing Reagan just to defend Trump.

They have already been doing that now and then

Offline TomSea

No, nobody is drunk.  Sober as can be.

People say their words in threads, even in totally unrelated posts squeezing words in about Trump.

I am loyal.

And though it is not the majority of them,  a good number of anti-Trumpers, maybe 25% have dissed at others on a personal basis; they are asking for it when this happens.

I'm not seeing pro-Trumpers going after people personally and really on a routine basis and name calling. Post all the photos one wants or make whatever remarks one wants.

Even if one is for loyalty or unity in the party,  if people are slighted just for that position, they are going to be much more vocal to such injustice.

Online Hoodat

Never Trump, now more than ever

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/438092/republican-convention-why-never-trump-movement-still-matters

I once had a whole  bag full of 'Nixon Now, More than Ever' buttons.  Wish I still had them.  They would make great backdrops for 'Never Trump'.

Offline TomSea

If Cruz was so conservative, what's he doing rallying with Trump??

That's the point, the Cruz steamroller's propaganda.

You can't have it both ways.

Cruz campaigned with Trump because their causes were similar to all of a sudden say Cruz is conservative, Trump is not.

Sure, post pictures of Trump from 5 years ago if one must.

It shouldn't squelch conversation that this with Cruz is very recent.

Trump picked a true conservative as Vice President, Trump has supported Law and Order and so on.

Yes, Trump has flip-flopped on abortion but he never signed into law an abortion bill.

Offline TomSea

It's circular really, Cruz worked for the Bushes, Bushes are Clintons friends, in fact, they called them family.

I think the arguments should be balanced.

Offline Mechanicos

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline plewis1250

The only worship going on is by the Trump folks.
The pecking order: Christian, American, Conservative

Offline ScottinVA

Post all one wants, ad hom Cruz rabid dogs are doing so all day, using languages like "suck ass" though Cruz was out on the campaign trail with Trump; I didn't see the Clintons on the campaign trail with Trump.  Cruz associated with Trump so at the least, this seems to say Cruz has bad judgement too, in such manners. Yes, there is a difference.

They don't need to appear with Trump.  Trump's gaffes, missteps and other stumbles will be all the help Hillary needs. 

Offline Mechanicos

Now for the truth.
Some are saying in here that Trump saw the speech Cru gave and set him up. The Fact is Cruz went off script of the speech he showed Trump. Here is the part of the speech Cruz said he was going to say:

Trump and team were ready if he did based on similar tricks during the Primary and had a contingency plan in place.
So stop blaming Trump for Cruz lying about what he was going to say.

This is why some of the Texas delegates, Donors etc were  so mad and upset with Cruz. He lied about what he was going to say.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline ScottinVA

It's circular really, Cruz worked for the Bushes, Bushes are Clintons friends, in fact, they called them family.

I think the arguments should be balanced.

Balance this argument: Ted Cruz would never go on a Sunday talk show and praise Hillary Clinton, nor would he donate to her campaign.  And sure as hell she would never be invited to his wedding.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 11:08:24 am by ScottinVA »

Offline ConstitutionRose

Cruz wasn't a expletive deleted?? Good one. He was one from the beginning.

He was buddy buddy with Trump for the longest time though Trump is said to be liberal, Cruz allowed the perception the two were very similar.

Cruz talked about all those things, I've heard it on Rush Limbaugh for 25 years.

Cruz just avoided a fight with Trump for awhile.  If I had been a candidate I would have done likewise.  Early on many believed Trump wasn't serious.  Why engage with him and his nastiness.  It certainly didn't add anything to the debate.  Did nothing to enhance the message.  Trump was all personal insults and "look at me I am the greatest".  Cruz merely kept a polite distance.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Mechanicos

Balance this argument: Ted Cruz would never go on a Sunday talk show and praise Hillary Clinton, nor would he donate to her campaign.  And sure as hell she would never be invite to his wedding.
Actually he did via his law firm that hes a senior partner at. 
http://www.texasinsider.org/ted-cruz%E2%80%99s-law-firm-backed-obama-other-national-democrat-campaigns/

Offline Nickname

Ted is a complete ass hole and the majority at the convention think so. He is so dead in the party he really played it wrong by not honoring his pledge. He is a jerk and to think I once liked him never again though.

Yes! This!

Honorable men mock the disabled.
Honorable men attack women for their looks.
Honorable men use their power of wealth and connections to take the property of the humble and weak.
Honorable men praise organizations that take the lives of the unborn.
Honorable men call others bleep, pedophiles, losers, liars, assassins.
Honorable men praise and financially support progressive politicians.
Honorable men bilk the gullible through sham businesses selling false promises.

Ted Cruz didn't kiss the ring of the honorable Donald Trump. What an ass. Total jerk.