Author Topic: Why we must support Donald Trump (Even if as a conservative, you don't like him)  (Read 5536 times)

Oceander

I find rather interesting the Trump backers, having foisted this thoroughly detestable and unelectable candidate onto the rest of us, are demanding it's on us to help them clean that mess up.  I have yet to believe Trump will stand by any of his stated stances.  Though Insure as hell won't ever vote for Her Infernal Malevolence, I'm waiting for Trump to prove he's worthy of the job of President before he gets my vote.  He's not there yet.

He'll never get there. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump is a disgraceful disgusting candidate and yet... if Elizabeth Warren is Hillary's VP, I'm all in on Trump, damn the consequences.

Offline oldmomster

Isn't the list of Judges that Trump gave out as his possible SCOTUS nominees good enough? If not, why not?

not to mention the fact that even Trump nominees need to be confirmed......if repubs dont like the nominee, they vote down.  the path for republicans in congress seems clear - ensure Trump follows our platform.

Oceander

Isn't the list of Judges that Trump gave out as his possible SCOTUS nominees good enough? If not, why not?

Because anyone can make up a list of judges of whatever stripe they wish.  Trumps list doesn't commit him to anything, period, so it isn't worth the paper it's written on.  It's just another one of Trumps situational lies, lies that he tells in order to sucker his audience into giving him what he wants.  And without a doubt Trump lies habitually - he admitted that in his book - and he's been lying throughout his campaign.  Remember when he promised to crack down on Muslim immigration and ban all Muslims from entering the country?  Now he says he's not opposed to Muslim immigration.  Was he lying then, or is he lying now?   Those are your only two options; anything else is hypocrisy. And if he lied about that just for political effect, why wouldn't he lie about the judges he would nominate just for political effect?

The bottom line is, Trumps words are meaningless; they cannot be relied upon.  But his past and his political milieu, liberal NYC, can be relied upon and those facts tell us that just like ex-mayor Bloomberg - who also talked a good "republican" line when he was running - Trump will govern as a liberal. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I find rather interesting the Trump backers, having foisted this thoroughly detestable and unelectable candidate onto the rest of us, are demanding it's on us to help them clean that mess up. 

Well, okay, then leave it up to us - Trump should agree to confirm the delegates' right to vote their consciences.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Oceander

Well, okay, then leave it up to us - Trump should agree to confirm the delegates' right to vote their consciences.   

Better yet, pull out of the race and step aside.

Silver Pines

not to mention the fact that even Trump nominees need to be confirmed......if repubs dont like the nominee, they vote down.  the path for republicans in congress seems clear - ensure Trump follows our platform.

Those Washington Republicans won't follow our platform themselves; now we're going to count on them to keep Trump in line?

The old "hold their feet to the fire" has been shown, over and over and over, to be an empty wish.

Online mountaineer

Better yet, pull out of the race and step aside.
In favor of whom?  :shrug:  **nononono*  Let's face it, we're up (excrement) crick, as they say in these parts.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

An enterprising reporter should ask Trump to actually name two or three of those potential SC justices and why, specifically, he supports them.   I'm betting he can't.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online cato potatoe

Trump is a disgraceful disgusting candidate and yet... if Elizabeth Warren is Hillary's VP, I'm all in on Trump, damn the consequences.

Not me.  There are older and fouler things than Hillary in the deep places of the world.   :smokin:

Offline Norm Lenhart

Those Washington Republicans won't follow our platform themselves; now we're going to count on them to keep Trump in line?

The old "hold their feet to the fire" has been shown, over and over and over, to be an empty wish.

History shows this GOP can be counted on to advance liberalism. Look what they gave Barry with their majority. They sure arent going to oppose their own elected leader.

People counting on the GOP to stop a President Trump's excesses should not be allowed near a voting booth. It's bad enough to actually want it but there is no excuse to be ignorant of history before making important decisions.

Unfortunately we are subject to the whims (EDIT: read that 'fear voting")of very stupid people.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 02:47:53 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Silver Pines

History shows this GOP can be counted on to advance liberalism. Look what they gave Barry with their majority. They sure arent going to oppose their own elected leader.

People counting on the GOP to stop a President Trump's excesses should not be allowed near a voting booth. It's bad enough to actually want it but there is no excuse to be ignorant of history before making important decisions.

Unfortunately we are subject to the whims (EDIT: read that 'fear voting")of very stupid people.

I don't know how many more times they need to pull away the football before we finally understand it.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
In favor of whom?  :shrug:  **nononono*  Let's face it, we're up (excrement) crick, as they say in these parts.

Arizona Gov. Ducey or Wisconsin Gov. Walker.  Either would represent a compromise candidacy, untainted by the recent primary warfare.   

The first step is to deny Trump the nomination on the first ballot.  Then the delegates will caucus,  advocate and compromise, and eventually arrive at a nominee who can command a majority.   

The GOP will be hailed as courageous for rejecting Trump, and the compromise nominee will start off with a lot of good feeling in the press.   If some of Trump's ideas get incorporated into the platform,  most of his supporters may well be willing to vote for the compromise candidate.   And if in November Clinton gets consigned to the dustbin, there will be a new dawn for this nation.

Courage - that's what it will take.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Silver Pines

Not me.  There are older and fouler things than Hillary in the deep places of the world.   :smokin:

I agree.

A Shrinking God

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,213870.0.html

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
What I want to know is what's all this "must" shit?

There is no "must" when it comes to voting. Ever.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Trump has yet to convince me he really means what he says on his policy positions.

Depends on which side of which issue you want him to convince you of. He's been on all sides of pretty much every issue.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
He doesn't even like the first amendment...

“We’re losing a lot of people because of the Internet. We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what’s happening. We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that Internet up in some way. Somebody will say, ‘Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech.’ These are foolish people. We have a lot of foolish people.”
Not that I should be surprised, but I must have missed that one. Do you have a link?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline GrouchoTex

He doesn't even like the first amendment...

“We’re losing a lot of people because of the Internet. We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what’s happening. We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that Internet up in some way. Somebody will say, ‘Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech.’ These are foolish people. We have a lot of foolish people.”

Isn't it up to 10 news agencies that he up to now, where they aren't allowed in his events?

I read that somewhere.

Offline Norm Lenhart

I don't know how many more times they need to pull away the football before we finally understand it.

It's like I said on FR about Romney, then Trump. These people WANT liberalism.They just want all the things it gives them without the stigma of being called liberals. Thats why they lie so heavily about what staunch conservatives they are, while voting for every lib the GOP barfs up for them.

Of course what liberalism gives them is everything wrong with America today.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 03:59:32 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline RetBobbyMI

I find rather interesting the Trump backers, having foisted this thoroughly detestable and unelectable candidate onto the rest of us, are demanding it's on us to help them clean that mess up.  I have yet to believe Trump will stand by any of his stated stances.  Though I sure as hell won't ever vote for Her Infernal Malevolence, I'm waiting for Trump to prove he's worthy of the job of President before he gets my vote.  He's not there yet.

That is why it is incumbent on the GOP to clean it up, or they are complicit and done also.  They GOP needs to clean house and rebrand itself. It can't be a party of of inclusion, one of leftists and conservatives, one that lets any willy nilly fly-by-night wannabe politician run under there label.  Until they do that, they are a party of nobodies.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Norm Lenhart

That is why it is incumbent on the GOP to clean it up, or they are complicit and done also.  They GOP needs to clean house and rebrand itself. It can't be a party of of inclusion, one of leftists and conservatives, one that lets any willy nilly fly-by-night wannabe politician run under there label.  Until they do that, they are a party of nobodies.

The Gutless Old Party forgot that the entire point of a political party is to NOT be inclusive. It's for people who believe the same general things and share the same general principles...thus the party's 'Platform".

Let them go to the DNC and say "I wanna join and push my ideas that you oppose to make you more like me," and see how far they get.

SCREW inclusion.

Offline NavyCanDo

Nobody believes that was his list to begin with. Had Newt's name written all over it - and passed to the Trump campaign with a set of instructions to release the list to the media ASAP.       Trump as of late has been downplaying the list saying the name or names he picks may or may not be from that list - leaving the door wide-open for the "what's in it for me" business tactics of the Trump empire.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline al_c

What I want to know is what's all this "must" shit?

There is no "must" when it comes to voting. Ever.

Sure there is. We MUST keep Hillary out of the White House.
al_c

Offline sinkspur

Sure there is. We MUST keep Hillary out of the White House.

Some of us feel we MUST keep Trump out of the White House.

So, there's that.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Some of us feel we MUST keep Trump out of the White House.

So, there's that.

Sure are an awful lot of "musts" this year.  I miss the good old days when we voted for whomever the heck we wanted, and told nobody what that was.  And nobody telling us we're fookin' immoral for our choice.  Maybe I'm just hearkening to an age that never existed?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: