Author Topic: Donald Trump is viewed unfavorably by seven in 10 Americans in a new national poll. (ABC poll)  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Donald Trump is viewed unfavorably by seven in 10 Americans in a new national poll.

Fully 70 percent of U.S. adults have an unfavorable view of the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, according to the ABC News/Washington Post poll released Wednesday, a 10-point increase since last month.

That nears Trump's record unfavorability in the poll, 71 percent, which was logged in May 2015. Since then it's hovered closer to 60 percent and had fallen toward the end of the GOP primary.

Hillary Clinton, the Democratic presidential candidate, is also viewed unfavorably by a majority of Americans, 55 percent, a new high in the poll for her. Forty-three percent view her favorably.

Those unfavorable numbers come as Clinton secured the final number of delegates to clinch the title of being the presumptive Democratic nominee. Still, national polls asking whom voters will support in November have shown Clinton pulling ahead.

Clinton enjoys higher favorability among members of her party than Trump does his in the ABC poll: 75 percent of Democrats view Clinton favorably, while just 65 percent of Republicans view Trump favorably.

Independents, which both candidates will need to secure, are also tepid on both: 68 percent hold unfavorable views of Trump and 63 percent hold unfavorable views of Clinton.

Trump was roundly criticized by Republican leaders last week for going after the Mexican heritage of a federal judge, and the businessman has this week feuded with President Obama, accusing the president of prioritizing the nation's enemies over its allies.

The survey of 1,000 U.S. adults was conducted June 8-12 via landlines and cellphones with an overall margin of error of 3.5 percentage points.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/283543-trumps-unfavorables-spike-in-poll

Offline cato potatoe

Holy crap!  He's underwater 77-23 among women, 74-25 among college graduates?  This has to be some kind of record. 

If the Republicans nominate this fool, they deserve everything that's coming to them.

Offline sinkspur

If he's still got these numbers in July, GOP leaders will demand that the Convention open up and nominate someone else.   That will cause a war, but, if he's going to lose anyway, why not try to salvage the Senate and the House?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

When Trump said "My African-American" he wasn't kidding.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
There are some, like possibly me, that may hold their nose and vote for him even though they find him "unfavorable". But these numbers just plain stink.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Holy crap!  He's underwater 77-23 among women, 74-25 among college graduates?  This has to be some kind of record. 

If the Republicans nominate this fool, they deserve everything that's coming to them.

They (the GOP) already deserve him (the Orange Buffoon).  He fits right in with the likes McConnell, who has sold his political soul to the Reid/Schumer Dimwits.

If he's still got these numbers in July, GOP leaders will demand that the Convention open up and nominate someone else.   That will cause a war, but, if he's going to lose anyway, why not try to salvage the Senate and the House?
Wishful thinking.  But if the GOPe's in Congress won't stand up to Obozo and his DimWit cronies in Congress, why would the they dump trump?  They are too afraid of the consequences, more than they care about conservative principles. They're all losers. Time to vote a REAL conservative, at least for the national office -- Darrell Castle, Constitution Party!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online LMAO

So we have the two most hated candidates to ever run running for the two parties in 2016.

I think we are going to see alot of people stay home on election night.

BTW, a 70% negative rating is toxic and impossible to recover from
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline RetBobbyMI

So we have the two most hated candidates to ever run running for the two parties in 2016.

I think we are going to see alot of people stay home on election night.

BTW, a 70% negative rating is toxic and impossible to recover from
Let's not stay home.  We need to vote for an alternative party candidate to break up the lock hold of the current two-party looser system. They may not win this election, but who knows, history has shown it only takes one election cycle for that to change.  Aside from that, it would only take a shift of 5 or so Senators from the GOP to something other than GOP or Demrats to have a significant (or YUGE in the Trump vernacular) impact on the operation of the Senate.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

geronl

Trump is about as Presidential as a 6 year old.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

14 different demographics and the ornage fool is negative in 13 of 14.  That has to be a first.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 03:34:10 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
He had better right his course and get himself sorted out.

McConnell and Ryan just now going to "No comment" on questions about Trump.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

It will be interesting to see if this kind of information ... if it continues and gets worse ... will wake up the party to do something, anything, to avoid this disastrous nominee.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline ScottinVA

LBJ's trouncing of Goldwater in '64 will seem like a squeaker compared to the drubbing Trump faces in November.  I have never dreaded a presidential election more than this one.  And to think, in spring of 2015, it all started out so hopeful.

Offline ScottinVA

Good God, Trump is under water even with conservatives...

Offline ScottinVA

McConnell and Ryan just now going to "No comment" on questions about Trump.

All Republicans running in November should put a Grand Canyon's worth of distance between themselves and Trump.  He's less popular than jock itch, shingles and leprosy.

Offline bolobaby

No no - the Trumpettes have told us he will be getting 26% of the black vote. Didn't you see? They even posted a tough looking patriotic black woman in a bikini top to bolster their case!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

Man. I guess we're already tired of all that winning we were promised. So tired, we've decided to maybe lose for a long while instead.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online LMAO

No no - the Trumpettes have told us he will be getting 26% of the black vote. Didn't you see? They even posted a tough looking patriotic black woman in a bikini top to bolster their case!

As of now, it appears all those cross over votes they promised us during the primary haven't materialized assuming this poll is accurate
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 05:29:29 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline RetBobbyMI

I don't see any Trumpets commenting on this.  If they did, they would only denigrate the source, not the data.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Any poll taken and disbursed by ABC should garner the same respect as POLITICO or the NYT.

Two words.   George Stephanopoulos.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RetBobbyMI

Any poll taken and disbursed by ABC should garner the same respect as POLITICO or the NYT.

You could say that about ANY media or university controlled poll.  Polling in general usually has a predicted outcome and then they set out to prove it right or wrong.

However, when you look at them all in general, you see the same trends as this one.  Trump has terrible negatives, worse than Hillary.  Unimaginable!  So is this who the GOP should nominate?  A loser before they even start to campaign?

Offline sinkspur

ABC News/Washington Post Polls get an A+ rating on Nate Silver's survey of review sites:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

Offline ScottinVA

ABC was the last to poll Trump in the lead -- on May 16.  So every poll since then is false?  The gap is growing with each one.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
BAH  HUMBUG!!!

It's nothing but psychological warfare!   To depress the vote turnout.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ScottinVA

BAH  HUMBUG!!!

It's nothing but psychological warfare!   To depress the vote turnout.

Uh, right.  Let's go with that one.  How about dusting off "unskewed polls?"  Your buds over at FR are doing that now, along with the "Bradley effect."  Saw that this a.m.... it was a flashback to the waning days of the 2008 election.