Author Topic: Donald Trump is viewed unfavorably by seven in 10 Americans in a new national poll. (ABC poll)  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
BAH  HUMBUG!!!

It's nothing but psychological warfare!   To depress the vote turnout.

I couldn't possibly be more depressed about what the Republicans have allowed to happen...I'm not talking about the elites ... they're all just trying to figure out a way to get through this without losing their own butts.  I'm talking about regular Republicans who let this con man screw them.

They would be typical students at Trump University.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I couldn't possibly be more depressed about what the Republicans have allowed to happen...I'm not talking about the elites ... they're all just trying to figure out a way to get through this without losing their own butts.  I'm talking about regular Republicans who let this con man screw them.

Yup.  Nobody did this but the voters.  Everything else is just wishful conspiracy stuff.

Offline Just_Victor

Holy crap!  He's underwater 77-23 among women, 74-25 among college graduates?  This has to be some kind of record. 

If the Republicans nominate this fool, they deserve everything that's coming to them.

If they don't nominate him there will be a monkey feces flinging conniption that will make the democRATs '68 convention look like an afternoon at the Royal Ascot.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 07:21:46 pm by Just_Victor »
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Uh, right.  Let's go with that one.  How about dusting off "unskewed polls?"  Your buds over at FR are doing that now, along with the "Bradley effect."  Saw that this a.m.... it was a flashback to the waning days of the 2008 election.

LOL!  You're right, @ScottinVA

Except Romney was never going to get upwards of 30% of the black vote, was he?    And millions more disenchanted union Democrats.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ScottinVA

LOL!  You're right, @ScottinVA

Except Romney was never going to get upwards of 30% of the black vote, was he?    And millions more disenchanted union Democrats.

And neither will Trump... and that's the safest bet in the house.  Trump would be stunningly fortunate to break a 5% share of the black vote.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 07:13:44 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
If they don't nominate him there will be a monkey feces flinging conniption that will make the democRATs '68 convention look like an afternoon at the Royal Ascot.

I will totally take the monkey feces flinging conniption fit ... totally.  Just don't nominate Trump.

Offline Just_Victor

I will totally take the monkey feces flinging conniption fit ... totally.  Just don't nominate Trump.

Maybe if I could get the contract for raincoat/poncho concessions at the convention.... :pondering:
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline musiclady

Well look there.  I'm in the majority.

It's kind of an unusual feeling, isn't it?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Maybe if I could get the contract for raincoat/poncho concessions at the convention.... :pondering:

Trump campaign has already previously threatened to publish Hotel Room No.'s of delegates who might bolt from the flock.  We will see how far the Trump Thuggery machine goes.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

A get rich quick scheme but worth a try.

Silver Pines

All Republicans running in November should put a Grand Canyon's worth of distance between themselves and Trump.  He's less popular than jock itch, shingles and leprosy.

Well, Trump reportedly has Chris Christie running out to get his McDonald's orders, so it'll be interesting to see what becomes of Chris after the dust settles. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
If he's still got these numbers in July, GOP leaders will demand that the Convention open up and nominate someone else.   That will cause a war, but, if he's going to lose anyway, why not try to salvage the Senate and the House?

I totally agree, Sinkspur.  What is the benefit in sticking with an abysmal candidate who cannot win.

No fallout from angry trump supporters could overcome the benefit to the GOP that sticking up for a decent candidate would do.

We must do that !

We cannot possibly be deluded enough to nominate this clown.

geronl

Well, Trump reportedly has Chris Christie running out to get his McDonald's orders, so it'll be interesting to see what becomes of Chris after the dust settles.

The man went from being a Governor, a Governor for goodness sakes, to being a minion for the orange-faced clown! The fact that he preferred to be a minion is what is extremely sad.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
They (the GOP) already deserve him (the Orange Buffoon).  He fits right in with the likes McConnell, who has sold his political soul to the Reid/Schumer Dimwits.
Wishful thinking.  But if the GOPe's in Congress won't stand up to Obozo and his DimWit cronies in Congress, why would the they dump trump?  They are too afraid of the consequences, more than they care about conservative principles. They're all losers. Time to vote a REAL conservative, at least for the national office -- Darrell Castle, Constitution Party!

Castles in Spain ... or wherever .  NObody has ever heard of Darrell Castle...face it.  Yes we're annoyed with the dimwit cronies in Congress but someone tried to fight them and made some headway.

It can't be done in a day but if we put a good conservative like Ted Cruz in the White House, I think he could do something in two election cycles to get the good ole boys out of Congress.  Ted would have enormous influence with the voters and his endorsement would go a long way in future elections.

I don't think we'll get Ted this go round but we need to get someone else than Trump and then Ted can win in 2020.

It's trump thinking to believe we should abandon the Republican Party rather than reform it.

Offline Mechanicos

So I did something, I asked several friends and and had them ask people they knew if the found Trump as unfavorable as the push polls say. From at least 200 responses the answer was no they do find him unfavorable. Many said they found things he said they did not like but not him personally they liked him. So outside the RAT echo-Chambers and Fake polls pushing a Meme. what evidence is there hes viewed so unfavorably?
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The man went from being a Governor, a Governor for goodness sakes, to being a minion for the orange-faced clown! The fact that he preferred to be a minion is what is extremely sad.

Christie blew his following ... which was large ... by several bad decisions, starting with the cozy-ing up to Obama complete with sickening pictures ... the the bridge, and last and worst, his extremely poor decision to back Trump.

I don't see a comeback position for Christie.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Any poll taken and disbursed by ABC should garner the same respect as POLITICO or the NYT.

Two words.   George Stephanopoulos.

Two more important words:  Donald Trump

Offline chae

@Mechanicos

Try talking to people who aren't on Free Republic.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Any poll taken and disbursed by ABC should garner the same respect as POLITICO or the NYT.

It took you a whole two minute to show up and prove @RetBobbyMI point. Getting slow in your middle age? ^-^

In this case the number do look fishy. If he were this unpopular how did he win the primaries?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Axeslinger

Good God, Trump is under water even with conservatives...

I would pay good money to post this chart on TOS just to watch them twist and spin.  Trump will go down to spectacular, soul crushing defeat...which is why I think he will bow out before the election, but probably not before the convention. His ego will not allow him to fail so spectacularly.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Oceander

So I did something, I asked several friends and and had them ask people they knew if the found Trump as unfavorable as the push polls say. From at least 200 responses the answer was no they do find him unfavorable. Many said they found things he said they did not like but not him personally they liked him. So outside the RAT echo-Chambers and Fake polls pushing a Meme. what evidence is there hes viewed so unfavorably?

I did about the same thing and so far only one person out of 50 or so likes Trump.  Anecdote makes wonderful evidence, don't it. 

Oceander

Back that quick from FR?  Got new marching orders from JR?

Offline RetBobbyMI

Castles in Spain ... or wherever .  NObody has ever heard of Darrell Castle...face it.  Yes we're annoyed with the dimwit cronies in Congress but someone tried to fight them and made some headway.

It can't be done in a day but if we put a good conservative like Ted Cruz in the White House, I think he could do something in two election cycles to get the good ole boys out of Congress.  Ted would have enormous influence with the voters and his endorsement would go a long way in future elections.

I don't think we'll get Ted this go round but we need to get someone else than Trump and then Ted can win in 2020.

It's trump thinking to believe we should abandon the Republican Party rather than reform it.

I very much like Ted Cruz also. But I think you put too much faith in his ability alone to change the culture of Washington, especially with the unrelenting faults of the GOP leadership in bothe houses of Congress. They are very entrenched in their protected elite status and won't be swayed without first loosing their majority status. In my view, the only way to break the hold of Washington cronyism is to break up the two party system. It and it alone is the reason for the stalemate in Washington.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy