Author Topic: Everywhere Republicans turn, it’s all Trump  (Read 12426 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Everywhere Republicans turn, it’s all Trump
« Reply #175 on: June 09, 2016, 10:23:16 am »
Well, I'm 70.  I apologize for not providing a review of my positions every time I respond.  Not going to repeat myself ad nauseam just to please you new-comers.

The non-refugees in the forum know exactly from whence I'm coming regarding this.

Sorry I'm not here more to add my point of view to these never-ending and constantly circular arguments, DC. But life is too short to argue with fools.

I've said it before, Donald Trump is the best thing to happen to the Republican Party since Ronald Reagan. He'll make a great president. That, folks, is called support for a presidential candidate. Nothing more, nothing less. That's what voters, intelligent adults, do in a presidential primary -- they support one of the available candidates. This year, more Republicans chose to support Donald Trump than Ted Cruz.

Rational adults deal with reality and make the best choice available to them. A time for choosing, folks. It's Hillary or Trump.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #176 on: June 09, 2016, 10:40:17 am »
And you would know what a paid Hillary troll says, how, exactly?

Jeesh, you guys are off your rockers.  And no, I'm not affiliated with ANY Democrats, thank you very much.  I just know crazy, when I see it. :tongue2:
I am an IRCop in many many channels with many of them political channels. The left is organized and puts out talking points. On more then one IRC channel is one way they distribute them for the Troll Army. I saw a word for word focus group tested phrase used by him that was in a Democrat talking Point Memo. It was under a strategy to get Cruz people to vote for Hillary.

It is a fact Hillary has paid online Trolls. It is a fact they are courting the Cruz people. Its is a Fact on any larger political forum you will find at least one. You will also find other countries trolls pretending to be American conservative.

Then you know its Crazy for a Conservative to even consider voting for Hillary for any reason.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #177 on: June 09, 2016, 10:51:15 am »
That's exactly what people with no convictions or principles tell themselves.  "I had to endorse, fund and vote for the Communist because it's smart business".   

"I was just following orders!"

What a load of crap.

I ran a business in Cook County Chicago and NEVER ONCE did I endorse a Democrat or funded a Democrat for office because I wanted special breaks and treatments for my business.

Accessories to the mafia or intimidated slaves do such things.

I'm none of those things.

On the other hand, Trump…endorsed (enthusiastically I might note), funded and voted for a known Communist less than 3 years ago for NYC mayor.

And the cabal for Trump are going to try and tell us that doing so was good business?????

No wonder he funded the Clintons also.

They must have been good for Trump's business too.
Are you responsible for the lives well being and Jobs of thousands of people? Trump is in New York with his many businesses. Per you he should allow his people to get attacked and lose their jobs because you are inflexible. How much would you bend your strict self imposed rules if it was your Children you were worried about? We know the answer there hypocrite.

Reminder. The Bible tells you to give the thief your cloak and to show love for enemies. Almost everything you are acting self-righteous about falls under both of those. Seems Trump is a better Christian than you based on that kind of fruit of the tree.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RedHead

« Reply #178 on: June 09, 2016, 10:54:13 am »
I've said it before, Donald Trump is the best thing to happen to the Republican Party since Ronald Reagan. He'll make a great president. That, folks, is called support for a presidential candidate. Nothing more, nothing less. That's what voters, intelligent adults, do in a presidential primary -- they support one of the available candidates. This year, more Republicans chose to support Donald Trump than Ted Cruz.

Rational adults deal with reality and make the best choice available to them. A time for choosing, folks. It's Hillary or Trump.

Intelligent, rational adults can look at Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton and conclude that there is no way they can vote for either one and maintain their principles.  Both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton will be terrible presidents; Hillary because she's a crook, a liar and because of her liberal principles and Trump because he is a moronic, hate-filled little man without a single clue for solving the many problems this country is facing.  I cannot and will not vote for either one.  I will not be support in any way the train wreck that both candidates will be as president.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #179 on: June 09, 2016, 11:40:42 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #180 on: June 09, 2016, 11:55:26 am »
Intelligent, rational adults can look at Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton and conclude that there is no way they can vote for either one and maintain their principles. 

:bs:  There's nothing rational about choosing to be a coward.  Imagine if more people had chosen to sit out the revolution in 1776 because they were too afraid to change the entrenched system ruling over them.  IMO, you sitting out this election brings shame to the American spirit and removes all hope for future generations.

It also ensures that your "principles" @RedHead will die a quick political death --- because you'll give the power to President Clinton and your "principles" are number one on her hit list.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 11:56:36 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline RedHead

« Reply #181 on: June 09, 2016, 12:19:18 pm »
:bs:  There's nothing rational about choosing to be a coward. 

And there is nothing rational about throwing one's principles out the window and voting for a candidate even though you know they are a disaster in the making.

Imagine if more people had chosen to sit out the revolution in 1776 because they were too afraid to change the entrenched system ruling over them.  IMO, you sitting out this election brings shame to the American spirit and removes all hope for future generations.

Pardon my bluntness but that is by far the most idiotic "vote for Trump" analogy that I have ever seen.  Comparing Trump to the Founding Fathers is like comparing Bill Clinton to Pope John Paul II.

It also ensures that your "principles" @RedHead will die a quick political death --- because you'll give the power to President Clinton and your "principles" are number one on her hit list.

The alternative is Donald Trump who is no more wedded to the Conservative principles of fiscal responsibility, Constitutional restraint, or limited government than Hillary Clinton is.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #182 on: June 09, 2016, 12:49:04 pm »
:bs:  There's nothing rational about choosing to be a coward.  Imagine if more people had chosen to sit out the revolution in 1776 because they were too afraid to change the entrenched system ruling over them.  IMO, you sitting out this election brings shame to the American spirit and removes all hope for future generations.

"Coward" would be to hurl accusations of Paid Hillary support, get called on it, then cry via private mail about being 'threatened' because you were told people would be reminded of that. As if that is somehow a threat.

Well, Considering you arent brave enough to back up your accusations, I guess it might FEEL that way.

That would be 'cowardly'.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #183 on: June 09, 2016, 02:38:12 pm »
Enough of the personal insults and attacks or I am locking this thread...get back on topic.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

« Reply #184 on: June 09, 2016, 02:42:28 pm »

:bigsilly:

You forgot to photoshop the orange baboon in there.  Maybe with rays of holiness coming from his head. 

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #185 on: June 09, 2016, 03:22:38 pm »
The rest of your rant aside, Andy...so what if he only wants power?

You want Hillary to have that power?   Or an unabashed Capitalist who had the balls to say right out of the gate that illegal immigration through our Southern border is the SOLE reason for all the problems and dissension in our country today.

From economics...to terrorism.  IMMIGRATION.

And who has promised to do something about it?
Hillary?

Come on, Andy...WTF?

You want Hillary to have that power?   

The truth is this: I don't want anyone to have that kind of power, especially a person possessed of the sort of character, values and intentionality that this year define both party's candidates.  And I will not be a party to it.

Or an unabashed Capitalist who had the balls to say right out of the gate that illegal immigration through our Southern border is the SOLE reason for all the problems and dissension in our country today.

Except that Trump is a crony capitalist who has been unabashed only in his use of bribery and "fixed" government contracts to build his financial "empire", such as it is, along with a good deal of illegal immigrant labor, by the way.

Nor is illegal immigration the sole reason for all of America's problems, although it is most certainly a sizable contributing factor. Nor is promising to build a fantasy wall with fantasy Mexican money a reasoned way to approach it, nor is the ludicrous idea that all illegals can be rounded up and shipped home like cattle. Far more effective would be a combination of fences, increased security forces, and most importantly, Congressional action to severely punish employers who are found to employ illegal labor.

From economics...to terrorism.  IMMIGRATION.
And who has promised to do something about it?

Everyone, that's who, including Bolshevik Bernie, whose ideas are crazy and likely disastrous, but at least they're possible, and don't include racist rants against Hispanic people, which I haven't heard either from a single GOP candidate this year. Except for one.

WTF, indeed.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #186 on: June 09, 2016, 04:05:04 pm »
Are you responsible for the lives well being and Jobs of thousands of people? Trump is in New York with his many businesses. Per you he should allow his people to get attacked and lose their jobs because you are inflexible. How much would you bend your strict self imposed rules if it was your Children you were worried about? We know the answer there hypocrite.

So, if my business employed thousands of people, in your estimation I should support, fund and endorse a COMMUNIST who will impose tyranny on the aforementioned lives and well being of these thousands of people because it makes "good business sense"????

You have no principles.  You only have an irrational groupie-like devotion to a man whom you want to make your king.

Reminder. The Bible tells you to give the thief your cloak and to show love for enemies. Almost everything you are acting self-righteous about falls under both of those. Seems Trump is a better Christian than you based on that kind of fruit of the tree.

Oh really????  You of such incredible biblical acumen????   We should give a self-described Communist our vote for mayor and also our cloak and show love for Leftists because we employ thousands of people?  You obviously are as familiar with scripture as Trump is.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #187 on: June 09, 2016, 04:08:14 pm »
"Coward" would be to hurl accusations of Paid Hillary support, get called on it, then cry via private mail about being 'threatened' because you were told people would be reminded of that. As if that is somehow a threat.

Well, Considering you arent brave enough to back up your accusations, I guess it might FEEL that way.

That would be 'cowardly'.

They have to accuse us of being Paid Hillary Trolls because they cannot fathom the concept that anyone could possibly have principles that they would not surrender to vote for a liberal Democrat Leftist from NY running as a Republican.

So obviously we must be paid by Hillary to have such an unmovable opposition to their prince.

Speaks the the shallowness of such thinking by such people who have no principles of their own, except to make a man their god and prince.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #188 on: June 09, 2016, 04:11:23 pm »
Intelligent, rational adults can look at Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton and conclude that there is no way they can vote for either one and maintain their principles.  Both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton will be terrible presidents; Hillary because she's a crook, a liar and because of her liberal principles and Trump because he is a moronic, hate-filled little man without a single clue for solving the many problems this country is facing.  I cannot and will not vote for either one.  I will not be support in any way the train wreck that both candidates will be as president.
#AlwaysConstitution #NeverTrump #NeverClinton - Nah to the ah to the, no, no, no!
My name is no
 My sign is no
 My number is no
 You need to let it go
 You need to let it go
 Need to let it go
 Nah to the ah to the, no, no, no!My name is no
 My sign is no
 My number is no
 You need to let it go
 You need to let it go
 Need to let it go
 Nah to the ah to the, no, no, no! My name is no
 My sign is no
 My number is no
 You need to let it go
 You need to let it go
 Need to let it go
 Nah to the ah to the, no, no, no!

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #189 on: June 09, 2016, 04:29:28 pm »
I am an IRCop in many many channels with many of them political channels. The left is organized and puts out talking points. On more then one IRC channel is one way they distribute them for the Troll Army. I saw a word for word focus group tested phrase used by him that was in a Democrat talking Point Memo. It was under a strategy to get Cruz people to vote for Hillary.

It is a fact Hillary has paid online Trolls. It is a fact they are courting the Cruz people. Its is a Fact on any larger political forum you will find at least one. You will also find other countries trolls pretending to be American conservative.

Then you know its Crazy for a Conservative to even consider voting for Hillary for any reason.
Well then, based on your explanation, reasoning and hyperbole....I suspect you may be a Hillary planted troll.  How much are you getting paid?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #190 on: June 09, 2016, 04:43:07 pm »
Well then, based on your explanation, reasoning and hyperbole....I suspect you may be a Hillary planted troll.  How much are you getting paid?

Whoever is paying him isn't getting their money's worth.

He's managing to turn pretty much everyone away from Trump, and NONE toward Hillary.  (Two peas in a pod).

Mechanicos is a double failure. 

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline WAC

« Reply #191 on: June 09, 2016, 05:05:01 pm »
Topic is "Everywhere Republicans turn, it's all about Trump".....

No wonder Trump has stated he doesn't need to do fund raisers for Billions...."I have all the media I want"......He has no interest in raising money for the Party, rather he's "using" that element as leverage and control to gain what he wants and he knows, and so do they, the struggle between Trump and the RNC will continue....money is the root.

IMO it's no wonder the RNC wanted another meeting this week. ..he purposely provokes whatever he wants whenever any do not co-operate with his own plans, or they get in the way of. Doing so in such outlandish ways it draws the media attention he covets to pressure the RNC to act.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #192 on: June 09, 2016, 06:13:17 pm »
I just received a private message "stop calling members of the forum liberal, or any other derogatory names." 

In response to the statement (paraphrasing) "I would vote for whoever the GOP nominee is."  I said "Liberal is as liberal does."

My opinion is that the idea behind the statement I was responding to is this is the liberal/leftist way of operating.  I am trying to understand the issue with what I said.  Is it the way it is phrased or that the use of the word liberal is not allowed here?  Is it acceptable to say "My opinion is that this is a liberal/leftist way or operating"? 

Offline RedHead

« Reply #193 on: June 09, 2016, 06:29:51 pm »
#AlwaysConstitution #NeverTrump #NeverClinton - Nah to the ah to the, no, no, no!
My name is no
 My sign is no
 My number is no
 You need to let it go
 You need to let it go
 Need to let it go
 Nah to the ah to the, no, no, no!My name is no
 My sign is no
 My number is no
 You need to let it go
 You need to let it go
 Need to let it go
 Nah to the ah to the, no, no, no! My name is no
 My sign is no
 My number is no
 You need to let it go
 You need to let it go
 Need to let it go
 Nah to the ah to the, no, no, no!

Well wasn't that special?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #194 on: June 09, 2016, 06:35:02 pm »
I just received a private message "stop calling members of the forum liberal, or any other derogatory names." 

In response to the statement (paraphrasing) "I would vote for whoever the GOP nominee is."  I said "Liberal is as liberal does."

My opinion is that the idea behind the statement I was responding to is this is the liberal/leftist way of operating.  I am trying to understand the issue with what I said.  Is it the way it is phrased or that the use of the word liberal is not allowed here?  Is it acceptable to say "My opinion is that this is a liberal/leftist way or operating"?

I'm reading all the bitching and moaning from the Trump Acolytes complaining that this forum is not "nice like it used to be" and even some demanding that those of us not supporting Trump need to go somewhere else. 

I suspect they complained to management and will want them to do the same exact thing that JR did at FR and purge this place of anyone who will not kiss Trump's ring.

So they will use the "rules" such as they are - to complain that calling their ideas, their statements, their positions and their Candidate "liberal" is a derogatory that they want acted upon and will exploit.

IOWs: purging via another means.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #195 on: June 09, 2016, 06:58:24 pm »
I'm reading all the bitching and moaning from the Trump Acolytes complaining that this forum is not "nice like it used to be" and even some demanding that those of us not supporting Trump need to go somewhere else. 

I suspect they complained to management and will want them to do the same exact thing that JR did at FR and purge this place of anyone who will not kiss Trump's ring.

So they will use the "rules" such as they are - to complain that calling their ideas, their statements, their positions and their Candidate "liberal" is a derogatory that they want acted upon and will exploit.

IOWs: purging via another means.

I'm not trying to stir anything up.  It's an honest question for my clarification and to get a different perspective on an appropriate response in line with my opinion of the statement. :)

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #196 on: June 09, 2016, 07:37:57 pm »

I hope similar messages went out to the stumpy worshippers who call #Nevertrumpers liberals, paid trolls, "on hillary's payroll," etc.
Former Republican.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #197 on: June 09, 2016, 07:48:06 pm »
I'm not trying to stir anything up.  It's an honest question for my clarification and to get a different perspective on an appropriate response in line with my opinion of the statement. :)

It depends on who the message came from.  There are some Trump folks who take it upon themselves to privately chastise anyone who dares disagree with them about their master.

If that's the case, your PM should be disregarded.

There is a general principle here to avoid calling out people personally, but from what you said, it was not at all personal, so just carry on.

There are people here who call anyone who opposes Trump "liberals" and "Hillary supporters" all the time, but there is no truth in that.  Trump is a liberal who won the nomination of what used to be the party where Conservatives could reside.  His nomination has ended many of our associations with the Republican party.

I wouldn't worry about the PM.  I've never seen you cross over any line, and the post you cited certainly didn't.

Carry on!   :patriot:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #198 on: June 09, 2016, 08:30:01 pm »
I would concede that saying "Damn Democrat." may have been over the line, though I don't know that I would categorize it as a personal insult.  After being "WTF"ed at, and called insane and pathetic, I thought it was a measured response that could have been improved on.  I don't get the "liberal" thing though.  Just about every thread there's someone claiming NeverTrumps are "Hillary trolls", which seems like the same thing as being called a liberal, democrat, etc.  I've never taken it as a "personal insult".  "Do you know how pathetic you look" is a personal insult, referring to Trump as orange and Hillary as fat are personal insults.  Saying "you are stupid" is a personal insult, but I don't think saying "That is a stupid idea." is a personal insult.  As I said, just trying to get some feedback from others.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #199 on: June 09, 2016, 08:37:50 pm »
I would concede that saying "Damn Democrat." may have been over the line, though I don't know that I would categorize it as a personal insult.  After being "WTF"ed at, and called insane and pathetic, I thought it was a measured response that could have been improved on.  I don't get the "liberal" thing though.  Just about every thread there's someone claiming NeverTrumps are "Hillary trolls", which seems like the same thing as being called a liberal, democrat, etc.  I've never taken it as a "personal insult".  "Do you know how pathetic you look" is a personal insult, referring to Trump as orange and Hillary as fat are personal insults.  Saying "you are stupid" is a personal insult, but I don't think saying "That is a stupid idea." is a personal insult.  As I said, just trying to get some feedback from others.

Some people are very tender.  If you say "that's a stupid idea" they start screaming that you called them stupid.  They are seemingly incapable of distinguishing between a critique of their words and a critique of their person.

It's important, IMO, that we continue to make that distinction because insults are flying left and right, and some people go over the line into the personal.

As for the insults of Trump and Hillary.......... fair game for both.  Candidates are OK to insult in any way one seems fit.  Posters are not.

That said, I don't think you went over any lines, and I don't think you need to be walking on eggshells about smacking people's ideas around.