Author Topic: The wide gaping difference between Nationalism and Fascism...  (Read 9567 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: The wide gaping difference between Nationalism and Fascism...
« Reply #150 on: June 07, 2016, 08:18:15 pm »
Well, guys like INVAR say it already is too late. 

There is a reason for that.  We are no longer a functioning Republic except in name only. Levin calls it Ameritopia - I'm not sure what to call this governing system ruling us today except a meddlesome tyranny growing harder and harsher by any definition as time goes on.

I also take what scripture and the Founders have to say about a nation such as ours was in terms of what happens when a people ignore warnings about what will happen to them if they forget their foundational underpinnings.

I think this Quote from John Adams perfectly expresses WHY I think salvaging the republic is too late:

"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever. When the People once surrender their share in the Legislature, and their Right of defending the Limitations upon the Government, and of resisting every Encroachment upon them, they can never regain it." - John Adams, July 1775, letter to Abigail

Adams understood history and human nature through the prism of his faith and his reading of scripture.  I've not found any example in history or in the bible to contradict his analysis.

Ours was the most fragile governing system ever devised by mankind.  It was also the most unique and the youngest system ever devised to safeguard what civilized society learned and accepted was of natural and divine right.

But the majority this people believe now that their rights come from the state, and as such - our rights will not last for long.  Even now we are witnessing that erosion.  We have surrendered our share in the legislature and our Representatives (such as they are) have not defended the limitations upon the Government nor resisted every encroachment made upon the Constitution, our rights and us.    Therefore, we cannot ever regain what we've discarded.  Fact of history and human nature.

That idea is horrifying to most, and Normalcy Bias ensures that most will refuse to see it, even when it is self-evident in front of your face. 

I'll state this again, based on the lessons of history and human nature: you cannot slow, stop or reverse tyranny via civil means. ESPECIALLY when the institutions for civil redress have of themselves been thoroughly corrupted by Tyrants in power.  The lawless in power will not be restrained by more law that they will circumvent, ignore or rewrite to suit themselves.  The lawless will only respond and desist via the threat and the will to implement the use of force.

At this point, my mindset is on surviving and enduring to the end with my faith intact from the consequences yet to be visited upon us for what has ALREADY been sown.

We can argue which 'ism' this country is, or is not becoming to our heart's content and it doesn't matter because as Jefferson rightly noted: "all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed."

We are accustomed.  Big time.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 08:19:27 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2016, 02:30:58 pm »
Please don't take this the wrong way, but why do you bother following politics at all if you truly believe that it is all a lost cause anyway?  If it doesn't matter who we elect at any level, why bother?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2016, 05:00:54 pm »
Please don't take this the wrong way, but why do you bother following politics at all if you truly believe that it is all a lost cause anyway?  If it doesn't matter who we elect at any level, why bother?

Several reasons actually.

Even though John Adams (and most of the Founders) rightfully understood that petitioning the crown for redress was a lost cause - they did not stop doing what was necessary for liberty's sake.  Adams scoffed at repeated efforts at Olive Branch petitions to find a civl workable solution in what he understood was a completely hopeless situation. 

I do what I do for both Liberty and Righteousness' sake.  I follow politics as a witness of the wayward trend of this people.

Isaiah 58:1 comes to mind.  Watchmen are responsible to cry aloud a warning.

As a pastor, people going the wrong way, institutionalizing sin, making idols for themselves - need to have their behaviors and actions duly noted for the folly, sinfulness or backwardness they are.  If the people do not heed warning, the consequences that come are upon their own heads.    A little leaven, leavens the entire lump.  A little sin, engulfs and dominates a whole society. From culture on up through politics - the rottenness spreads and everyone pretends voting for the next leader is going to solve it all.

If we are to survive what is coming - repentance is required.  Education is required.  Recapturing our heritage and history is required.  This people by and large want a king, a monarch or see the Presidency as a dictatorship and the government their god.

When the consequences and Judgment are fully visited upon us, a remnant are going to need to be pointed in the right direction rather than serve worse and worse men and beasts.

Our Father is merciful, and most likely the reason the full weight of our idiocies and sins as a nation have not collapsed the entire country ala Venezuela yet, is because of the few still finishing His work here while there is still daylight left in which to work.

National repentance can save a nation from imminent destruction.  Preaching and teaching political foundational principles is a good way to build that bridge to a people who have grown hostile, indifferent or dismissive of Christianity and scripture from having influence in society.

That's why I bother.

Even though I consider saving this former Republic a lost cause in the political and civil sense.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2016, 05:07:15 pm »
Well, one of us is supporting the GOP and its nominee against Hillary. One is not.

Given that scenario, its rather easy to see who is the one projecting.

There is no GOP nominee, not yet.  Those of us who oppose Trump do so because we know his nomination will bring about a Clinton presidency.   Those who support Trump do so without regard to the near-certainty that his nomination will punch Hillary's ticket to the White House.

If you oppose Clinton, then you must be a NeverTrump.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2016, 05:46:16 pm »
Several reasons actually.

Even though John Adams (and most of the Founders) rightfully understood that petitioning the crown for redress was a lost cause - they did not stop doing what was necessary for liberty's sake.  Adams scoffed at repeated efforts at Olive Branch petitions to find a civl workable solution in what he understood was a completely hopeless situation. 

I do what I do for both Liberty and Righteousness' sake.  I follow politics as a witness of the wayward trend of this people.

Isaiah 58:1 comes to mind.  Watchmen are responsible to cry aloud a warning.

As a pastor, people going the wrong way, institutionalizing sin, making idols for themselves - need to have their behaviors and actions duly noted for the folly, sinfulness or backwardness they are.  If the people do not heed warning, the consequences that come are upon their own heads.    A little leaven, leavens the entire lump.  A little sin, engulfs and dominates a whole society. From culture on up through politics - the rottenness spreads and everyone pretends voting for the next leader is going to solve it all.

If we are to survive what is coming - repentance is required.  Education is required.  Recapturing our heritage and history is required.  This people by and large want a king, a monarch or see the Presidency as a dictatorship and the government their god.

When the consequences and Judgment are fully visited upon us, a remnant are going to need to be pointed in the right direction rather than serve worse and worse men and beasts.

Our Father is merciful, and most likely the reason the full weight of our idiocies and sins as a nation have not collapsed the entire country ala Venezuela yet, is because of the few still finishing His work here while there is still daylight left in which to work.

National repentance can save a nation from imminent destruction.  Preaching and teaching political foundational principles is a good way to build that bridge to a people who have grown hostile, indifferent or dismissive of Christianity and scripture from having influence in society.

That's why I bother.

Even though I consider saving this former Republic a lost cause in the political and civil sense.

Let me know when you run low on aluminum foil...I can have Amazon send you as much you might need. It really is good at blocking out the government's mind rays. And please, this is a nation of many beliefs, all as valid as your own...nobody is "dismissive" of Christianity, its just that it no more and no less relevant to the nation's future than anyone else's religious beliefs. You want your religion to be somehow elevated above other's beliefs and that is inherently against the spirit of our consititution...and the will of the Founders. 

What matters, is that we are ALL free to practice our spiritual beliefs and that our government does not respect any particular establishment of religion. You know, as the constitution declares that it should.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2016, 06:10:29 pm »
Let me know when you run low on aluminum foil...I can have Amazon send you as much you might need.

That's all you got.  Insults and ridicule.  Attack the messenger, not the substance.   Just like Alinsky taught you.

What matters, is that we are ALL free to practice our spiritual beliefs and that our government does not respect any particular establishment of religion. You know, as the constitution declares that it should.

What does that have to do with me voicing my reasons for bothering following politics because I consider saving this former republic a lost cause?????

Or is that just your subtle attempt to say that I should shut up about religion and faith because discussing my faith and religious principles on a public forum is establishing a religion?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 06:12:11 pm by INVAR »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #156 on: June 08, 2016, 06:14:14 pm »
And please, this is a nation of many beliefs, all as valid as your own

Ahhh, the joys of Chrislam and moral relevance.

There really is no difference between you and a rabid Liberal Leftist.

No wonder you are a shill for Trump.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #157 on: June 08, 2016, 09:37:32 pm »

There was a perfectly practical reason for that, though.  They had to demonstrate that they were taking every step possible to avoid war/armed conflict, so as to persuade others that rebellion was the only remaining option.  But the point is that they were still actually voting -- you're not.

I'm not sure what you mean by "national repentance", but to me, there is no such thing as a "nation" or "a people" repenting.  Repentance is on the individual, between them and God.  And to me, it doesn't have a thing to do with voting.

Well, in the long run, we will all be dead, so your point has merit at that level.  But for those of us who believe the fight is not yet worth surrendering, I imagine you can understand why our strategic political approach is different.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2016, 10:30:34 pm »
They had to demonstrate that they were taking every step possible to avoid war/armed conflict, so as to persuade others that rebellion was the only remaining option.  But the point is that they were still actually voting -- you're not.

Oh, I'm voting. I'm just not voting for whom the Crown or the Mob want me to cast a vote for.

I'm not sure what you mean by "national repentance", but to me, there is no such thing as a "nation" or "a people" repenting.  Repentance is on the individual, between them and God.  And to me, it doesn't have a thing to do with voting.

You might want to study up on The Great Awakening.  Men like Edwards and Whitefield taught the Colonists to repent in an individual manner that swept the nation, and the very fires of Independence and liberty were lit as a direct result of that national Repentance.

Well, in the long run, we will all be dead, so your point has merit at that level.  But for those of us who believe the fight is not yet worth surrendering, I imagine you can understand why our strategic political approach is different.

I didn't say anything about surrendering.  Quite the contrary.

I'm looking ahead at what is inevitable and preparing for that.

I've given up on expecting any positive results from the corrupted institutions and mechanisms that the oligarchy has perverted for themselves.

I will continue to support Constitutionalists, but I'm of no illusions as to the general course and destination this former Republic is heading.

Expecting elections will stop the tyranny so many willing suffer and so many actually desire, is an exercise in gross imbecility to paraphrase Adams.  My view of this election cycle is no different than how Adams saw what would happen with the Olive Branch Petition: useless disaster that did nothing but provoke an even harsher response that the optimists and loyalists did not expect.